GANG BRAWL 5 - No Reaction

MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

      

credits: DemigodXXIII

 

credits: kei_is_crazy

 

Dara’s POV

 

“Stop staring creepily at me. It’s annoying.” I pushed Namee’s forehead away using my forefinger and resumed reading my book as we sat on the grass beneath the tree at the university garden, which is located at the back of the building. It has been our constant hiding place, away from the noisy ‘turfs’ of the gangs. God, I feel weird saying ‘turfs’ and ‘gangs’.  

 

“Something smells fishy”, Namee said dramatically.

 

I rolled my eyes and shut the book that I was trying to finish. It will be impossible to read it anyway with Namee breathing on my neck.

 

“Did something happen between you and Jiro that you are not telling me? I’ve been hearing things…” She cocked her eyebrows at me.

 

“You’re hearing your conscience, Namee. It’s saying that you should stop being the gossip capital of the world.”

 

She gasped and covered while looking at me with wide eyes. “You’re not even asking me what I heard. So it’s true?” She whispered as if somebody will hear her.

 

“What is?” Oh please, PLEASE, let it not be-..

 

“YOU KISSED ICE LORD?!”

 

Darn it. How will I get out of this situation? From the look of Namee’s sparkling eyes, it’s as if she has hit the jackpot. It’s quite terrifying, to be honest. I’m pretty sure she will not hear out any excuses that I will come up with.

 

“No, I didn’t”, I said, hoping and praying that acting nonchalant and denying it will do the trick.

 

“They said someone took a picture of you kissing him. It will be posted on the student board soon.”

 

“WHAT?!” I abruptly sat up straight and stared at her in shock. “Who? Who did that?” This can’t be happening! I don’t want any more attention directed to me. And his fangirls will go homicidal if they see that picture of me *gulp* kissing him on the cheek! What will I do?

 

“I was lying.”

 

They will kill me. No, seriously, they will KILL me. Like a mosquito! I won’t even last a minute. I’ve seen how some of those girls fight and it’s not-…Wait.

 

I directed my eyes at the evil queen sitting beside me and gawked at her. Did she just say she was lying?

 

“I got you.” She nudged me by the shoulder and playfully winked at me. “You little minx. I didn’t know you had it in you. How was it, huh? How does it feel kissing Ice Lord? Butterflies in the stomach? Sparks? Gosh, you two will get married and have kids!”

 

“Oh please.”

 

Namee is seriously my soul. It’s like she has been hypnotized since childhood and was told repeatedly ‘You are going to be the gossip queen. You are going to be the gossip queen.’

 

Meanwhile, I need to meditate and repeat to myself ‘I will not kill her. I will not kill her’ so as not to murder her.

***

 

Bonsai, with a smile forever plastered on his lips, entered the Black Dragon’s turf and headed towards Jiro while greeting the others. “Hey Ice Lord, thanks for the notes. Should I kiss you?” He said and placed the notebook beside Jiro.

 

A round of howling and whistling followed that remark but Jiro remained silent as he stared outside the window. It was always rowdy when all of them gather together and this scene is nothing new. The only difference is that nowadays, s are surprisingly united in one cause – shoving Dara down his throat. He has already heard a thousand different versions of playful remarks regarding Dara kissing him on the cheek because of that stupid packed lunch he made for her.

 

 Bonsai sat on the window pane beside Jiro and lightly kicked his foot to get his attention. “Yo. Why are you so concerned about that new girl?”

 

“I made a promise to her father.” Jiro said simply, not even glancing at him.

 

“So, she’s like a family to you? Like us?” Bonsai asked and grunted in pain when Picaro appeared beside him and lightly punched his arm.

 

“Stop gossiping like a girl and leave Ice Lord alone”, Picaro said. “Be annoying somewhere else.”

 

All of a sudden, one of their gang members came barging in, panting heavily from running. “Jiro, one of our brothers was beaten by the new gang downtown!”

 

“Ohhhh. They got some balls, huh?” Bonsai cracked his knuckles while grinning like a madman.

 

Jiro abruptly stood up and walked towards the door, s immediately following him from behind. He did not even utter a word but the Black Dragons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter