GANG BRAWL 37 - Sunset

MY GANGSTER PROTECTOR
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

credits: trpplr_c and ChelAning

 

“Hi,” Dara smiled uncertainly at him and gave him a slight wave as they stood in front of the hardware store where Jiro worked as a part-timer. That day was his last day at the store and Dara decided to drop by to see him.

 

Jiro eyed her with a deadpan expression and glanced back, noticing his co-workers ogling at the girl. He sidestepped to block Dara from their view, but the insistent s moved from the far left to get a view of her again.

 

“Is she your girl, Montecillo?”

 

“Damn, she’s cute!”

 

“Hi!” the boys waved at her while smiling.

 

“Hello,” Dara lifted her hand to wave back, but Jiro abruptly caught it and held her hand firmly.

 

“I’m going to take a break. I’ll be back in a few,” Jiro informed the guys who all groaned in protest, trying to make him introduce Dara to them, but it has fallen in deaf ears.

 

With his hand clasping hers, Jiro strode to the back of the hardware store and Dara followed his hurried steps. He made her sit on the bench located at the far corner and he took the spot beside her. “What are you doing here?” he asked sternly.

 

“Visiting you,” Dara responded with a smile. Jiro eyed her wearily and remained silent. The girl had no idea how cute and vulnerable she looked, a tempting target for the insufferable jerks in the area.

 

“Stop frowning. I never get the chance to see where you work so I came here. It’s your last day so this is my last chance too.”

 

“It’s a hardware store. There’s nothing to see,” he deadpanned.

 

“You can be very unromantic, do you know that?”

 

“I kiss you. That’s romantic, isn’t it?”

 

“That’s different!” she pouted and eyed him sharply. “We haven’t even gone on a proper date.”

 

“A date?” he grimaced. “Why? I see you almost every day. And we do go out a lot of times.”

 

“That’s not a date. And when we go out, you follow me like you’re my bodyguard, ready to punch anyone who will dare speak to me.”

 

Jiro heaved a defeated sigh. “Fine. Let’s go on a date later after my work.”

 

“Not tonight! I need time to prepare. Let’s go on a date tomorrow night.”

 

“Time to prepare for what?”

 

“I need to color my nails and pick out a dress.”

 

Jiro grabbed her hand and looked at her nails. “They’re fine,” he said and entwined their fingers together, bringing their linked hands on his lap. Dara suppressed her smile at his simple gesture, averting her eyes to look far away.

 

“Let’s go on a date later. Then, let’s go on a date again tomorrow,” she heard him say.

 

“Hmm. Okay,” she mumbled. There was a slight pinch in her heart as she realized why Jiro was quick to agree and why he was even suggesting to do it again.

 

Only one week left.

 

Dara stole a glance at Jiro and stared at the side of his face. One week. So little time left until he leaves. She didn’t say a word and focused her eyes forward again, afraid that he would see her somber gaze.

 

Jiro stole a glance at Dara, admiring her beautiful face. One week. It was not enough but they should make the most out of it. Jiro remained silent as he tore his gaze off her, squeezing her hand as he settled his eyes in a distance.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jiro stopped and sighed as he stood by the table in Dara’s kitchen, preparing the sandwiches that they would bring for their night date. They have already agreed earlier to go to the woods where Bonsai’s birthday party was held and he was trying to hasten up what he was doing. But Dara had been hugging him from behind while he was trying to make the sandwiches, not intending to let go.

 

“Ramirez,” he called out.

 

“Hmm?” Dara continued resting her cheek against his back, her arms wrapped on his waist.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Resting. I’m done preparing the rest of the food we have to bring,” she reasoned. She then kissed his shoulder multiple times, enjoying the feeling of being in close proximity with the guy.

 

“Let go of me. I need to wash my hands,” he said. The girl grumbled incessantly but eventually removed her arms from him. Jiro spun around to step toward the sink, but Dara was still blocking his path. He was about to sidestep her, but the girl suddenly s her arms around his body again, hugging him tightly and burying her face on his chest, preventing him to step forward.

 

“Ramirez.”

 

“I won’t let go!” she declared and giggled while tightening her hug. Jiro did not argue anymore and just dragged her with him - the girl still clinging on his upper torso as he stepped with difficulty toward the sink while Dara stepped backwards to go with him. He leaned forward to open the faucet, pinning the girl at the edge of the counter. As he washed his hands, he felt her lips kissing his jaw, making him look at her. The girl took advantage of this and gave him a quick peck on the lips, smiling giddily afterwards.

 

Jiro silently closed the faucet and rested his hands on the edge of the counter, trapping her. “What’s with you?” he asked as he peered down at the girl.

 

Dara did not respond as her eyes flicked down on his lips, swallowing hard as she watched him wetting his bottom lip, slowly dragging his teeth on it. This tease. When Jiro’s face descended toward her, her eyes instantly fluttered closed, waiting for his kiss, but the kiss did not happen.

 

“You’re so clingy,” he whispered, slightly brushing the tip of his nose against hers, a playful smile curving on his lips. Dara blinked her eyes open and whined when he drew back.

 

“Jirooo,” she whimpered.

 

“What?” he asked nonchalantly, his hands still resting on the edge of the counter with Dara in between his arms. She tightened her hug on his waist and pulled him closer, tiptoeing to kiss him, but Jiro moved his face away from her lips. The girl was evidently unhappy with what he did and eyed him sharply.

 

Seeing her angry expression, Jiro sighed in defeat and leaned down, giving her a quick peck on the lips. “There. Happy now?”

 

“Another one,” she demanded, pouting a bit.

 

He complied and gave her soft, audible kisses on the lips, the smooch sound entering their ears as he repeatedly pressed his lips against hers. “Had enough?” he whispered.

 

Dara entwined her arms around his nape, still craving for another kiss.

 

“Ramirez.”

 

“Another one,” she requested.

 

“I already did.”

 

“With tongue!” she whined, stomping her feet a bit. Jiro’s eyes crinkled in amusement as he stared at the girl who looked like she was being deprived of her favorite candy. “Jiro, come on. Another one.”

 

“That’s enough.”

 

Dara buried her face on his chest and whimpered like an oppressed cat, obviously unsatisfied. She lifted her gaze and looked at him with somber gaze, removing her arms from him silently.

 

“Fine,” she grumbled, trying to remove his arm trapping her, but he wouldn’t budge.

 

“Are you mad?” he asked.

 

“No.”

 

“You’re mad.”

 

“I’m not mad. I’m unhappy. You’re hearing my unhappy voice,” she hissed.

 

Jiro smirked in amusement and leaned down, kissing the corner of her lips. “I don’t want to hear your unhappy voice,” he murmured. He gave her another quick peck, drawing back to stare at her. Dara’s hands found their way to the back of his neck again and drew him closer. The guy didn’t tease anymore and captured her lips, his tongue tracing her bottom li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter