KAISOO - Stuck in a Wall

Academy (Permanent Hiatus)

Pairing: Kaisoo 

Word Count: 2,700

Description: Jongin learns the hard way that you shouldn't teleport into school after hours.  

 

Stuck in a Wall 

            “What are you doing here?” Chanyeol glared at Joonmyun, who had his hand up in the process of knocking the apartment door a second time. 

            “Well I just wanted to inform you that your friend Jongin is stuck in the school’s wall,” Joonmyun said through gritted teeth.  It was physically agonizing to walk all the way over here and talk to his enemy.  If any of the other housemates had answered the door it would’ve been less infuriating. 

            “Stuck in the wall?” Kyungsoo appeared from beside Chanyeol and pushed him out of the way, “In it?”

            Joonmyun visibly relaxed now that Kyungsoo was here and nodded, “Apparently he tried to teleport into one of the classes,” he stopped and put a hand out to whisper to Kyungsoo, “I think to steal some tests or something,” he backed up, “And you know how the class has protection spells that go into effect after school hours.  So he’s stuck in the wall.”

            “Well how do we unstuck him?” Kyungsoo was looking frantically from Chanyeol to Joonmyun as if they knew the answer. 

            “It’s just my job as class president to inform you. That’s your problem not mine.”  Joonmyun turned around and ran smack into Sehun. 

            “Hey Sehun,” Joonmyun smirked at the boy who was still sprouting cat ears and a tail. 

            “Uh….” 

            They still hadn’t talked since Sehun’s transformation from a kitten back into a human (catboy) and Sehun wanted to keep it that way.  He quickly tried to scramble past Chanyeol and Kyungsoo but Joonmyun grabbed onto his tail.

            “We still need to talk, Sehun----owww did you just scratch me?”

            Sehun ran into his room and Joonmyun had no choice but to let him. 

            “You’re going to take me to him,” Kyungsoo grabbed Joonmyun by the collar and then he dug his fingernails into Chanyeol’s arm, “And you’re coming with me.”

            “Why me?” Chanyeol exclaimed as he was dragged along. 

 

            “Hyung is that you?”

            Kyungsoo could hear Jongin’s voice but he couldn’t see the boy.  All he saw was one foot and one hand sticking out of the wall.

            “Jongin are you hurt? How did this even happen?  Are you ing stupid or just mad crazy?”

            “Is there a third option?”

            “Shut up and tell me why you were stupid enough to try to teleport into school,” Kyungsoo yelled. 

            Chanyeol was chuckling but stopped when Kyungsoo hit him. 

            “Is that Chanyeol?  Why did you bring him?” Jongin’s voice was angry, “Now I won’t hear the end of it for my whole life.”

            “That’s what you’re worried about, you idiot?” Kyungsoo exclaimed, “Why do you even need to steal a test?  You’re smart!” Kyungsoo paused, “Well…you’re average…maybe slightly below….BUT that’s no reason to steal answers for a stupid test!”

            Chanyeol took out his phone to snap a picture of the wall with Jongin’s leg and hand. 

            Minseok, who was just exiting the library, stopped when he saw the two talking to the wall. 

            “Um…what are you guys doing?”

            Usually Minseok would never try to communicate with these guys.  Chanyeol hated him as much as he hated Joonmyun (maybe more) but they were Jongdae’s friends and he wanted to tolerate them for Jongdae’s sake.

            “Scram you snowflake,” Chanyeol didn’t even turn to look at him.  He could recognize that voice anywhere.  Also Minseok was surrounded by a chill wherever he went (Jongdae was the only one who wasn’t able to feel it). 

            Minseok made a harmless snowball fly into Chanyeol’s mouth, effectively shutting him up for about five seconds.

            “How dare you?” Chanyeol turned around and there was a flame in his hand but it died down when Kyungsoo covered his hand over it, effectively extinguishing it. 

            “We’re here to rescue Jongin, you blubbering fat angry idiot.  Not to start fights.”

            “Stop insulting me,” Chanyeol’s voice was soft, “It hurts my feelings when you say things like that.”

            “Are you kidding me right now? I’m stuck in a wall and you’re worried about your feelings?  Shut up and leave Chanyeol!” Jongin shouted. 

            “Have you tried teleporting out of the wall?” Jongdae appeared out of nowhere making both Kyungsoo and Chanyeol yelp in surprise. 

            “Don’t you think that’s the first thing I would’ve done?” Jongin was shaking his hand, “I can’t get out of here!  And I’m starting to feel sore.  I can’t even see.  I don’t even know where a majority of my body is!”

            Jongin’s voice sounded like it was on the verge of tears. 

            Kyungsoo moved forward and held onto Jongin’s hand.

            Chanyeol allowed it for about ten seconds before he took back Kyungsoo’s hand, “No.  He deserves to learn a lesson.  Don’t pity him.” 

            “Chanyeol.  Look at him!” Kyungsoo pointed at the wall, “He’s in a wall!  A wall!  He’s stuck in it!”

            “Yeah so?  Why do you always baby him?  It’s so obvious you favorite him!”

            Kyungsoo was about to open his mouth but Jongdae interrupted, “It’s not the time to go over your jealousy issues Chanyeol!  Jongin’s stuck in a wall and we need to get him out of it.”

            “Hyung,” Jongin whined from within the wall. 

            Kyungsoo held onto Jongin’s hand, quickly swatting away Chanyeol who was about to grab his hand back. 

            “Jongin, just explain why you were so stupid in doing this and promise you’ll never do it again.”

            “I wasn’t going to steal some stupid test answers.”

            “So you’re just an idiot?” Chanyeol said amusedly. 

            Kyungsoo silenced him with a glare. 

            Minseok had now joined the three and was looking at the foot and hand in the wall.  He bent down and took off Jongin’s sneaker.

            “What are you doing?” Jongdae whispered.

            “What does it look like?”

            “Um….?”

            Minseok started tickling Jongin’s foot. 

            “Hey stop that! It tickles,” Jongin started laughing hysterically and tried kicking at Minseok.  Chanyeol was glaring at Minseok but also trying to hide his laughter at what the elder was doing. 

            Suddenly there was a blast; Jongin’s hand and foot were motionless. 

            “Jongin?”

            There was no reply and Kyungsoo frantically squeezed Jongin’s hand.  Minseok held his hands up in surrender. 

            “What just happened? He’s not moving! He’s not talking!  What? What happened?” Kyungsoo started freaking out as he tried to squeeze the hand for any response.

            “,” Minseok started running away as fast as possible.

            “Hey!” Chanyeol yelled at him.  He threw a couple of fireballs at Minseok.  For the most part, Minseok’s chill killed most of the smaller fireballs but there were a couple that got his clothes and one fireball scorched the top of his head.

            “Hey!  Be careful,” Jongdae said softly.  He was upset at what just happened but Minseok didn’t know that doing something like that would result in whatever just happened.

            “He might have just killed our friend,” Chanyeol said furiously.  His whole body was covered in fire and he started running after Minseok but stopped when Kyungsoo called him. 

            “It’s my fault.”

            Jongdae and Chanyeol both turned to him with wide eyes, “What do you mean it’s your fault?”

            “I could’ve just broken this wall and freed him from the beginning but I just had to wait for an explanation.  I’m so ing stupid.  I’m terrible!  I’m like a devil or something!” Kyungsoo got up and kicked Chanyeol who immediately jumped up in pain. 

            “Can’t you guys control your friend? Oh my god! I swear!” Joonmyun was walking up to them from another direction.  

            “I heard Jongin yelling when I was in my office and when I look down I see his face in my desk.  His head is literally morphed into my desk!”

            “What?” Kyungsoo exclaimed, “He’s alive?”

            “Yes.  He was shouting for you,” Joonmyun shook his head.  He held his hand out and put his keys into Kyungsoo’s hands, “Remember to lock up after you free him.  If you do.”

            Chanyeol looked at the wall with the hand and leg, “But how exactly does he…um.”

            “How the hell will he become one person if his foot and hand is here and his face is in a desk?  We don’t even know where his body is,” Jongdae exclaimed. 

            Jongdae stood there looking at his two friends.  Then without a warning or explanation, he ran off. 

            “What’s his problem?” Chanyeol watched Jongdae disappear.

            Kyungsoo had his hand on the wall and with a rumble, cracks started appearing through the wall; parts of it started disintegrating and falling to the floor. 

            “Holy !” Chanyeol’s mouth was open as the whole school wall crumbled at Kyungsoo’s feet.  Apparently the school had no protection spells against the power of earth. 

            “Here!” Chanyeol was still gawking in awe when Kyungsoo pushed a foot and hand into his hand.  It was like in those magic shows where you can see the hand or foot still moving.  There was no cut.  It looked like a toy hand or foot but it was real. 

            “I brought Yixing!” Jongdae came back breathing heavily.  Behind him was Yixing and a curious Luhan. 

            “Jongdae you have to stop coming to me with all your problems!  I heal injuries!  I don’t fix these kinds of things!” Yixing was slightly annoyed but his eyes widened as he saw the detached body parts. 

            “Whoa that’s a really big accident!”

            “Come on!” Kyungsoo didn’t wait as he grabbed Chanyeol by the hand and ran towards the president’s office. 

           

            When they entered Joonmyun’s office, Jongin was crying.  He was sobbing and sniffing and his face was blotchy and red. When he saw Kyungsoo, it only made him sob harder.

            “I thought you left me!”

            “Why would I leave you?” Kyungsoo put his hands on Jongin’s cheeks.  He looked right into Jongin’s eyes.  Jongin didn’t really like that both of Kyungsoo’s hands were on his cheeks constricting his breathing.  And he didn’t like that he was stuck in a desk and he could think of about one trillion better situations of having a first kiss with Kyungsoo but when Kyungsoo moved forward with his eyes intensely focused on him, he puckered his lips nonetheless. 

            He could see Chanyeol looking anxious behind Kyungsoo but his eyes quickly went back to his hyung, who was inching towards him.

            “Jongin.”

            “Yeah?” Jongin closed his eyes.

            “Where’s your body?” Kyungsoo asked. 

            “Huh?” Jongin’s eyes opened. 

            “It’s not in this desk,” Kyungsoo peeked beneath the desk and knocked on the wood, “I don’t feel anything more than your head in here,” Kyungsoo’s palm was lying flat on the desk as he tried to detect anything else. 

            “My body isn’t here?” Jongin was starting to panic, “Where is it?” 

            Kyungsoo looked around.

            Jongin yelled.

            “What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked.

            “That tickles! Hey!  What are you doing?” Jongin was looking away from Kyungsoo and Chanyeol who both shared a look.

            “Looking for this?” Luhan walked into the office followed by a floating body. 

            “We found it walking around….or limping around since it was hopping on one foot,” Yixing entered the office. 

            Jongdae came in after, followed by a shy Minseok. 

            “Did you get him out of the desk yet?” Minseok asked.  Chanyeol’s hands formed into fists.  But as soon as the fire formed on his fists they became frost because of Minseok’s chill. 

            “I’m about to…just how will we put him back together after we…have his parts?” Kyungsoo put his hand on the desk and slowly it started cracking, but carefully. 

            “I think we just need to take him outside of school so he can teleport,” Yixing said.

            “Would it work?” Kyungsoo turned to Yixing.  He felt Jongin’s head fall onto his lap. 

            “No idea but it’s our best shot!”

           

           As soon as Jongin’s body parts were recovered from the walls and desk, Luhan teleported all of them outside.  Jongin didn’t want anyone to be with him when he teleported but he promised his friends that he’d be home when they got there. 

            “Jongin!” Kyungsoo shouted as soon as he opened the apartment door.

            Chanyeol and Jongdae were not far behind him and looked around the apartment as they entered it. 

            Baekhyun was throwing light animals across the room and Sehun was chasing them around.  He was also glaring at Baekhyun as he did it.  Even though Sehun didn’t want to, his cat behavior was dominating his human one at the time. 

            Jongin came out of his room and was surprised when Kyungsoo threw himself at him making them both fall to the ground. 

            “You’re okay!” Kyungsoo was touching Jongin, “You’re in one piece!”

            “I’m me!” Jongin gave a lopsided smile and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but move forward and place a kiss on his forehead, “Thank god!  Don’t you ever do that again, you idiot!”  

            “Yeah you scared us,” Chanyeol grabbed Kyungsoo to help him off of Jongin and helped Jongin up as well. 

            “Stuck in a wall,” Baekhyun laughed, “I wish I could’ve been there.”

            “Actually I have pictures,” Chanyeol took out his cell phone as he sat down on the couch beside Baekhyun. 

            Jongdae grabbed Sehun and started petting the catboy’s head.  But Sehun hissed and clawed at him.  Sehun was only nice to Joonmyun, after all.

            “I’m sorry hyung. I promise it won’t happen again,” Jongin said as he wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo in a back hug. 

            “Don’t act cute on me!  I wasted a whole day trying to get you out of a wall!” Kyungsoo used his power to throw pebbles into Jongin’s hair. 

            Jongin just shook them off, already used to it. 

             

            “What the hell?” Kyungsoo exclaimed in excitement, “How did this get here?” Kyungsoo exited the room and held an amber and purple colored rock in his hand.  There was a small metallic rock in the middle of it. 

            “What is it?” Jongdae eyed it. 

            “It’s the last rock that I needed for my spell!  Who gave this to me?  How did you find it?” his eyes were moving from one roommate to the other.  He stopped at Jongin who, was looking at the ground. 

            “You,” Kyungsoo moved forward and grabbed Jongin’s hand.  He pulled them to their shared room and closed the door. 

            “Is this what you were trying to get?”

            Jongin nodded, “I knew how much you wanted it.  You were spending so much time looking for this stupid rock,” Jongin kicked at the carpet.

            “But Jongin.  You didn’t have to steal it for me.  This is school property.  You really didn’t think you’d get caught?”

            “I guess I wasn’t thinking.  I just…missed spending time with you,” Jongin’s voice was barely audible. 

            Kyungsoo smiled, “But you did steal it and that’s wrong.  I’ll have to return it tomorrow.”

            “No!” Jongin yelled. He put his hands on Kyungsoo’s to hold tightly onto the stone, “I talked with the professor and he said he pitied me so much that he decided to give it to me.  It’s yours!”

            “Jongin, I don’t know what to say.”

            “Thank you?  You’ll keep it?”

            “You’re a ing idiot you know that?” Kyungsoo hit him on the side of the head and pelted him with middle sized rocks, “I actually found the rock yesterday before you got stuck in that stupid wall!” 

            “You what?  Why didn’t you tell me?” Jongin lowered his arms which were protecting him from the rock attack. 

            “Because I couldn’t exactly tell you when you were stuck in a wall!”

            “I did all that for nothing?”

            Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow, “I’ll treasure it forever.  That was really sweet of you, Jongin.”

            “I got stuck in a wall!” Jongin yelled, “Do you know what that even feels like?  I thought I would be stuck forever! I thought I wouldn’t make it out ali---“

            Jongin stopped when Kyungsoo pecked his lips.  It was only about a two second kiss but it left Jongin speechless.

            “Thanks, Jongin.”

            Kyungsoo moved past him and opened the bedroom door.

            “Did you just kiss him?  Why does he look like that?  Tell me what happened!  Kyungsoo you did not just---“

            “Shut up Chanyeol!”

            “Ouch! Why are you always hitting me?”

            There was a loud thump as Jongin fell to the floor in happiness. 

            “Jongin?” Kyungsoo turned around but Chanyeol held him back.

            “It’s just a ploy to get you to kiss him again. Not going to happen,” and Kyungsoo got dragged back into the living room.   

 

 

So Kaisoo is my ultimate EXO OTP but I also like Chansoo so that means a Chansoo chapter is in the making!  

Story Tidbit: Kyungsoo is the only person who can effectively absorb people's powers or weaken them.  You can see this multiple times with Chanyeol.  Also he's the only one who can teleport with Jongin.  But this also means he can't be healed by Yixing.