Raw and Beautiful.

Beautiful Soul (Stripped Raw and Real)

Sometimes, his stares linger for too long. It wasn’t like anyone would notice. But he always made sure to look away when he had his fill. But lately, he’s been too greedy. He stares two seconds too long, raking his eyes over the muscles that slowly began filling in.

It was unfair, he concluded in his mind. Youngjae didn’t have the right to exercise and look so good at it too. And it was especially unfair that his new muscles were gaining so much attention. 

A quick search on Naver had him looking at numerous teaser photos. It’s not like he hadn’t seen them before. After all, he was on set when those were taken. He could particularly recall a certain photo where his eyes caught onto a small bud that somehow had snuck onto the picture. His pants stir at the thought.

“Daehyun-ah, it’s your turn.” He snaps to attention, his eyes meeting Youngjae’s. He realizes, right at that moment, that Youngjae’s eyes are particularly pretty and remind him of chocolate. He likes chocolate.

“Ah, is it? Sorry, I didn’t notice.” Daehyun says, plastering a smile onto his face. His eyes strain to rake over the Youngjae’s form, wanting to pause over his biceps where the attention-grabbing muscles were.

He swallows thickly and trains his eyes on Youngjae’s lips instead. Oh. Those were nice too. Yes, very nice. He wonders what they would taste like. Would they taste like green tea? Or maybe they’d taste like the lip balm the make-up artists had slathered over Youngjae’s lips a while ago. It had him curious.

“Daehyun.”

“Ah, sorry! I’ll get on set now! You looked really good up there, Youngjae-ah! y.” He teases with a playful grin, jogging over to the small pool. His mind can’t help but notice that Youngjae’s wet look was oddly arousing. He can feel his pants stirring again. Maybe if he pretended he was sick, they would let him put off this shooting for tomorrow. He really needed a cold shower. Or maybe a nice warm hand and tissues. The second choice seemed rather appealing.

“You’re on in three, two…” The stage director off-set holds up two fingers, and then one. It’s then that Daehyun realizes he has a job to do. And maybe this way, he could impress Youngjae with his on-screen ual prowess.

The day ends with copious amounts of sweat and heavy breathing. Although, not the kind that Daehyun wanted. He trudges into their dorm with a loud groan, face-planting onto their sofa. It had been a hard day. Especially since those tattoos on Youngjae’s arm made him want to trace it with his tongue.

“Hyung, do you want to shower first?” A concerned Jongup pat Daehyun’s head lightly, looking at him with that strange innocent look. Daehyun lifts his head and smiles weakly. Jongup’s arms were nice too, he notes. “I think I do, Jonguppie. Thanks.” He manages to pull himself together enough to drag himself into the bathroom, a towel slung over his shoulder and his sleep clothes in one hand.

Two hours later and Daehyun is on Youngjae’s bed with a pillow over his face. His excuse was that he was too tired to climb to his bed but the real reason was so he could sniff Youngjae’s pillow. It smells like him. And it’s comforting, in a way because it’s not too nice-smelling that it’s artificial but it’s not too bad that it puts him off. It smells like how Youngjae should be: warm, earthy and bubbly. It makes him smile and it gives him weird little fantasies.

“Daehyun, move over.” The pillow is pulled away from his face and Daehyun pouts a little. It was like someone tore the happy away. But his face immediately lights up when his eyes lock onto Youngjae’s. He predicts in the near future that those eyes would goad him into doing several things. He tries not to think about it too much.

He scoots over a bit, sitting up and raising a confused brow. “Just go sleep on my bed.” He mumbles sleepily as he rubs his eyes.

“Nah, I’m too tired. I’ll just sleep here next to you.”

Daehyun is once again looking at Youngjae, staring at his face-- where at the corners of his eyes, there were still remnants of eyeliner because Youngjae probably hadn’t noticed. And then his eyes dip down to Youngjae’s lips where they were parted just slightly, the pink enticing him to move closer and place his lips right over there. (It would probably be a wonderful feeling, he thinks. Youngjae’s lips were probably made for kissing and Daehyun’s were perfect for that too so really, they were a match made in heaven.) His eyes move lower still to the smooth incline of his neck where water from his wet hair drips down. And then his eyes glide over the smallest hint of Youngjae’s collarbones and that’s when he realizes that Youngjae is beautiful.

In this moment, Youngjae is staring back at Daehyun with that adorable confused expression on his face, brows furrowed together because he doesn’t understand that right now, Daehyun would want to lean over and kiss him and tell him that he’s raw and beautiful and that Daehyun is quite possibly in love with him. But Daehyun doesn’t and instead, he smiles and lies down on the bed, making space for Youngjae. “Sleep well, Youngjae-ah.”

Hours later, when everyone is well asleep, Daehyun leans over and presses his lips to Youngjae’s. “Beautiful.” He mumbles once he pulls away, lips curled into a small smile before he rolls over onto his other side and soon falls asleep.

Once Daehyun’s breathing has evened out, Youngjae’s eyes snap open. The heat rushes to his face and he bites back the urge to make a noise. His lips feel warm and he swears he can still feel the softness of Daehyun’s lips on his.