007

Tales of the Prince and the Scholar

a/n: hmmm well i really like that you guys are analyzing the story ~ i like that you are really thinking about it.. but sadly I can't give spoilers can I?

 

Remember that this was set on modern times ^^

-----

 

The princes' mouth gaped as the hidden compartments revealed interesting pieces of technology, some probably unknown to them.

 

The perks of my job.” Woohyun uttered and took out some gadgets and handed it to Onew. “Tracking device and to alert us in any case that you are in trouble. GPS with cloaking and give me your handphones.” He instructed and everyone handed him the phones.

 

I have to put in a program to redirect the trackers on your phones” he explained and they all watched the man do his work.

 

You are a genious hyung!” Taemin uttered nad Woohyun thanked him, smiling his greasy smile.

 

'I am not Taemin, because I'm stupidly in love with your Key hyung.” He said and Key pretended to puke at the greasy line.

 

Oh my Key, why am I not informed about this? I should've given you more day offs!” Onew announced, grinning to tease the younger.

 

oh shut up! It's one-sided okay!” Key stated in his defense. “i will not date a techie geek who goes on missions for the king and risks his life everyday, I don't want to end up widowed early you know!” Key said and that made Woohyun grin.

 

So you are considering marrying me?” He teased and Key rolled his eyes and puffed his cheeks as everyone laughed at them.

 

Well everything is in order?” Onew asked and Woohyun pulled out the guns.

 

'i assume the palace trained you to use these.” Woohyun said and Onew nodded.

 

The best sniper in the kingdom taught me Woohyun.” He replied, taking the guns and shoving one on his coat pocket and the other conveniently on his bag. “Not getting one?” He asked Jonghyun who shook his head.

 

'Don't need it anyway.” He uttered.

 

Minho took his guns and Woohyun deemed that it was time for rest. “The earliest bus leaves at dawn so you need to rest well.” Woohyun said with a smile then led them out to the first floor where their sleeping quarters are found.

 

'Sleep tight my dear princes.” He said and turned off the lights, leaving the two royals while the others left for the other room.

 

Wait!” Taemin shouted just as the door was closing. ‘Minho hyung!” He called out and the three looked at Minho who sighed then entered the room and knelt before the prince.

 

Good Night Minnie” He muttered and kissed the prince’s forehead. “Sleep tight.” He said then stood to leave.

 

Good night Minho hyung!” He chirped and closed his eyes as the door closed behind the lad.

 

You have a thing for my bodyguard?” Onew asked as he eyed the brother under the dim light of the moon.

 

Yeah so?” Taemin replied and Onew grinned like a joker.

 

Oh my dear lord, my brother has some puppy crush.” The older stated and Taemin puffed his cheeks.

 

When you find yours, i’ll make sure to make your life a walking hell.” He replied and Onew could only laugh.

 

Stay away from Key, you are turning into a brat.” Onew stated then turned to his side to sleep. “but I don’t mind Minho as my brother-in-law. And he is very protective, not to mention handsome.” Onew said and Taemin felt his lips curving into a smile.

 

Thanks hyung.” Taemin said and then drifted to sleep.

 

---

 

You didn’t tell me you have a thing for the maknae huh minho.” Key teased as the bodyguard blushed deep red.

 

You don’t look like you’re into boys, honestly.” Jonghyun uttered while fixing his beddings. “But your prince is cute.” He added and Minho grinned at him.

 

hit on him and you’re dead.” He said playfuly and Jonghyun laughed at that.

 

Don’t worry, he’s not my type.” Jonghyun replied. “I want someone who is smart and kind but can kick if necessary.” Jonghyun finsihed and Woohyun grinned at him.

 

like me hyung?” Woohyun asked and he received a pillow on the face courstesy of Key. “You jealous honey bee?” He asked and Key lied on his bed and covered himself with the blanket. “Hey My Bum, I’m sorry okay!” He said, nudging the lump on the bed.

 

Jonghyun and Minho rolled their eyes and then settled themselves on the beddings on the floor.

 

And the night lulled them to sleep just as the moon stood guard above them.

 

They were all up at dawn with Taemin pouting and clinging onto Minho like his life depended on it.

 

Please hyung, take me with you!” He begged but Minhoo shook his head.

 

I told you already Minnie. You can’t go and you and Key would be going on an important mission as well.” Minho said but the prince was stubborn as a mossy rock. Minho sighed and lifted the younger’s chin as he leaned in to kiss the pout of the prince’s lips. Taemin immediately smiled and wrapped his arm around the elder’s neck and deepened the kiss.

 

Okay, so at this early hour you two decided to make out huh?” Key asked, a hand on his waist and the other holding out breakfast.

 

You want one too My Bum?” Woohyun asked and Key rolled his eyes and walked passed the greasy lad without a word. “Hey, Why so grumpy at an early hour?” Woohyun teased as he chased after the diva leaving Jonghyun and Onew to stand awkwardly at the arch by the kitchen entrance.

 

Okay, I am really confused all of the sudden.” Onew laughed awkwardly and Jonghyun nodded besode him like a puppy.

 

To be honest, I am not even sure why I even befriended Woohyun. Oh well we should eat some breakfast and get going, the bus will leave soon.” Jonghyun announced and entered the kitchen to sit on one of the chairs with Onew walking behind him and sitting next to him.

 

Aside from protecting this special someone, what's your reasons Jonghyun?” Onew asked and the younger scoffed at him.

 

I'll leave that up to you to find out. I don't want anyone finding out my waeknesses.” He replied and Onew sighed.

 

'I guess you're right, being strong is knowing your flaws and weaknesses.” Onew uttered and Jonghyun nodded.

 

For once I agree with you, your highness.” He replied and Onew pouted.

 

'Can't I be just Onew hyung, Jonghyun?” He asked and Jonghyun spared him a look as he sipped his coffee.

 

Well maybe I could call you that.” He replied and the two ate in silence just as the four joined them for breakfast.

 

The group parted ways, Taemin and Key went on their way west towards the village of Doksogong while Onew went North towards the bus station to catch their ride to Seulgi-do. Woohyun waved goodbye and prepared for his mission, a direct order from the King and one that he would risk his life for.

 

Stay safe my Princes, stay safe.” He uttered as he took his bag and went down to his secret passage and out towards south where his car was already waiting.

 

Leeteuk Hyung, code green.” He spoke through his earpiece and a faint copy was heard. He started the engine and soon drove off.

 

-----

 

a/n: Well this is boring. Uhmm I do hope the next update would be much more interesting than this. It will be another arc so it will be a bit focused with Jonghyun, Minho and Onew.

 

So is the mystery too much for you guys? You may have tons of questions regarding this update, but sadly spoilers aren't going to be revealed whatsoever~ or if I'm in the mood I might b able to drop hints ^^