011

Tales of the Prince and the Scholar

 

 

A/N: its been a while but hey..... i am able to write an update. Yay Happy New year! And hopefully jongyu eill appear more in 2015... and... yay Jonghyun's album ^^

 

....

 

Chapter 5

 

The seas were rough

But life is rougher.

Thw wonds that blew smelt of salt

But the warm smiles of people 

Were sweet as the morning sun

 

The East Sea brought hope and living

The nets filled bounty

And the lands were tilled

And the men I came to know

Were friends not foes

 

...

 

 

At the crack of dawn the three set forth to a journey to Mokpo. The province was known for its fishing villages and bounty seafood. Jonghyun led the way towards the station where they will ride a bus to Mokpo. 

 

The ride was rather silent, uneventful considering the bomb that was dropped a few hours ago, of the lies that was fabricated to protect the innocent and the weak. It was for good, Onew tried to convince himself but that won't easily make his fears and worries dessipate. 

 

As they reached the stopover, the three entered a restaurant and they ate their brunch filled with Kimchi and pork cutlets. That's the time when onew decided to ask.

 

"Have you known?" Onew asked Jonghyun who merely raised a brow. "My grandfather." Onew added and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

"I visited them quite often and Sora noona is like a true sister yet their concealed lives? I am most unaware and have been caught by surprise just as you were." Jonghyun replied and Onew nodded, taking a sip of his miso soup.

 

The bus finally arrived at Mokpo and in time for the setting sun. The view took their breath away and it was a scenic view they'll look forward to from time to time. Jonghyun led them towards the shore and to a small hut by the sea side. He knocked on the bamboo door and he was greated by a girl with a gummy smile.

 

"Ah Jonghyun, how long has it been?" She greeted and hugged the boy and turned to the people that accompanied Jonghyun.

 

"Eunja noona, can you extend your humble house for a day or two?" Jonghyun asked and Eunja nodded and led them in.

 

"My apologies if I may havr bothered you, I come with guests, meet Obew and Minho, acquintances from Hwaseong." Jonghyun introduced and Eunja nodded.

 

"I am Eunja and please make yourselves comfortable." She gestured to the bamboo chairs and the three sat and rested.

 

"What brings you to Mokpo?" Einquired as she took a pot and poured rice grains.

 

"We are travelling up north, to yeoldo-go." Jonghyun answered.

 

"Ah, you shall visit him then?" Eunja asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

"It's been a while." Jonghyun said, taking the pot from Eunja and taking it to the kitchen to wash.

 

"I take it that they don't know?" Eunja asked in low whispers

 

"Yes and I don't want them to know until it is time." Jonghyun said and Eunja nodded.

 

"Donghae will be back in an hour's time, smoked or grilled?" Eunja asked and Jonghyun grinned.

 

"Fresh from the sea noona." Jonghyun said and Eunja nodded.

 

"Excuse me but, can I get a glass of water?" Onew asked as he entered the kitchen and Eunja attended to it quickly.  "Thank you Miss." Onew thanked her and Eunja smiled gratefully.

 

"You have travelled far, have you seen the sunset?" She inquired and Onew nodded.

 

"A  very beautiful sight." Onew replied and that started the strings of stories they shared. 

 

"Eunja, I'm home!" Donghae called out and Eunja greeted her husband with a kiss. 

 

"Jonghyun came with his friends." Eunja uttered and the man nodded then flashed a smile.

 

"Ah, please forgive our little home, please male yourselves comfortable." Donghae uttered and went to the litchen with his catch of fish and seafoods.

 

"Hyung," Jonghyun exclaimed and he hugged the missed friend.

 

"You dino! I haven't seen you in ages!" Donghae remarked.

 

"Been fine hyung, a little rougher than the last time you saw me but also wiser." Jonghyun remarked.

 

"And those friends?" Donghae inquired as he took the fishes and placed them in a bowl for cleaning.

 

"Friends that I am helping to protect him." Jonghyun remarked and Donghae nodded.

 

"I see, well you want to join me tomorrow?" Donghae asked and Jonghyun nodded.

 

"Sure, been  a while. Dolphins drop by often?" Jonghyun asked and Dongjae laughed and nodded.

 

"Been swimming with them, but the waters had been cold the past months." Donghae remarked.

 

"Winter is coming. Water's been chilly huh? Guess i need to take that swim." Jonghyun said and Donghae laughed and turned to his guests in his living room.

 

"Would tea be okay while we wait for dinner?" Donghae asked and Minho and Onew nodded.

 

"That would be lovely sir." Onew answered and Donghae shook his head.

 

"Please, Donghae hyung would be enough and you can call Eunja Noona,  we are not that old." Donghae uttered, ruffling Onew's hair then going back to the kitchen to prepare the tea.

 

He returned to them with three cups of steaming tea and handed one to each of his guest. "We are goibg fishibg tomorrow, wanna come?" Donghae extended the invite and Minho jumped at the opportunity.

 

"Count me in hyung." Minho volunteered and Onew looked at him bewildered. "The waters of Mokpo is superb hyung!" Minho remarked and Onew nodded.

 

"There are dolphins." Donghae added and Onew's eyes widened at that.

 

"Really?" Onew asked and Donghae nodded. "Wow I've never seen one before, I want to come!" Onew replied and Donghae laughed then nodded.

 

"It's settled, it's a fishing trip." He said. "Eunja, pack lunches tomorrow, we'll have a seaday!" He shouted and Eunja replied happily.

 

"Dinner's set so let's eat!" Eunja exclaimed and Donghae led them to the dinning table.

 

"Please enjoy your meal." Eunja gestured and both Onew and Minho thanked their hosts.

 

The food was succulent and the freshness of the fish and seafood coated their tongues and exploded in ways they never knew possible. The palace chefs make good seafood but this simple meal kf seafood soup and fried fish was miles away in terms of flavor.

 

"Oh my goodness, this is heavenly!" Onew exclaimed and Eunja chuckled.

 

"You are quite adorable Onew, and Jonghyun cooked them." Eunja informed them.

 

"Really? Oh mg goodness you can be a chef! I would hire you!" Onew remarked and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

"Not interested." He said and Obew pouted.

 

"You are mean! I am merely giving you a compliment." Onew said and Jonghyun sighed.

 

'Well thank you." Jonghyun uttered sarcastically making Onew pout even more.

 

But their argument stopped when Donghae laughed loudly, making them look at the laughing man. "You two act like you are a married couple, do you get that often?" Donghae asked and the two was enraged.

 

"No!" They both shouted.

 

"Why would we? He is a jerk sometimes!" Onew remarked and Jonghyun snorted.

 

"Who would like a stuck up brat like him?" Jonghyun asked back and Donghae laughed louder.

 

"There you both go again." He said and the two glared at each other and returned to their food and ate ib silence.

 

When they were done and the guests were already tucked in their beds on a spare room, Donghae approached Jonghyun who was out on a makeshift porch on the shore playing with the stick he held and swirling lines on the sand.

 

"Hey, you sure seemed a bit weird." Donghae said and Jonghyun shook his head.

 

"I just... it's the government, I just need to protect him." Jonghyun said and Donghae nodded.

 

"But it's not all that Jjong, I can sense something that you are afraid to bring up." Donghae uttered and Jonghyun looked up to him with confused eyes. "Don't let the memories of Sekyung hinder you Jjong, you deserve to be happy." Donghae said and the  left Jonghyun to think about his words.

 

....

 

A/N: will cut it here ^^

And yes it is a cliff hanger but i dropped hints in there.

Also the story will have a couple of changes as we go along bec I am rebuilding the plot for this..

 

And yes Jonghyun's debut has something to do with it ^^

 

 

Happy 2015!