New Life

Beautiful Imperfection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyukjae kept fidgeting in his seat, trying hard not to make an eye contact with the man sitting across him.

Kim Heechul, as Donghae called him, was indeed pretty, his hair was flaming red and his eyes were sharp, but they were gentle. Looking at his dressing style, he knew this man wasn’t just anyone.

“Hmm...not bad,” Heechul nodded. “With just a few simple touches you’d turn out fine.”

“Umm...w-where’s Donghae?” Hyukjae nervously looked around searching for the latter, but Donghae wasn’t anywhere around him.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be back and excuse me darling, I’m not a man-eating monster so stop fidgeting, will you?”

“S-sorry.”

“And stop stuttering.”

“Sorry.”

“Stop apologizing too!”

In the end Hyukjae had to keep his mouth shut, which was the best thing to do to avoid getting in Heechul’s nerves. He then was dragged into another room and was forced to sit on a chair, facing a huge mirror on the wall.

“You actually look quite cute without the glasses,” Heechul told him once he got rid of the thick glasses. “You need to start wearing contacts, it’d be better.”

“Okay.”

“Oh,” brushing Hyukjae’s long bangs away, Heechul arched an eyebrow, “I have good eyes. You’re actually pretty, you just don’t know anything about yourself, do you?”

“But people said I’m ugly.”

“Believe me, you’re not. One does not simply turn into a beauty if he’s indeed ugly since birth. If you see drastic changes in you, that means you’ve always been beautiful. You just failed to see it before.”

Hot liquids began to feel Hyukjae’s eyes, but he tried hard to hold back his tears. He never thought someone would tell him those comforting words. He was used to being alone, but now it made him realize that not all people would judge him and the way he looked.

“Take a good look at yourself after this,” Heechul said, “I’m going to turn you into one of the hottest walking creature alive.”

The ‘transformation process’ took a lot longer than Hyukjae thought, since Heechul kept squealing every minute and then, admiring his looks. This was new to him, the feeling of being loved and adored by someone.

By the time Heechul was putting on his last touch, Donghae came in holding a box of pizza, and their gazes met. Hyukjae flashed him a smile, but Donghae remained serious and ignored him as he sat down in the corner.

“Masterpiece!” Heechul clasped his hands together once they finished, completely pleased with his magnificent work of art.

When Hyukjae looked into the mirror, he could barely recognize himself. There was no longer the old Lee Hyukjae in there. Everything was different.

Perfectly styled blonde hair, top-notch fashion style, branded outfits, was this really him?

“Donghae, what do you think?” Heechul asked.

“Not bad,” Donghae simply said.

“Not bad?!” Heechul stared at the latter wide eyed. “Are you blind? He’s drop dead gorgeous!”

“I...I look different,” Hyukjae said, still unable to take his eyes off of his own reflection on the mirror.

“I didn’t put any make up on you though,” Heechul smiled, “Don’t you see? You’re beautiful, Hyukjae.”

Beautiful.

It was the first time someone called him beautiful. He had no idea how he could change in just a day, but he really did, magically. It was like he was staring at a stranger’s face, but this was what he wanted, wasn’t it?

To change himself.

And today, would be the day that drastically changed his life forever.

*****

 

Two weeks had passed since then.

Hyukjae still couldn’t get used to this new life of him, but Donghae was always there to tell him he looked fine.

All that left now was to carry out his revenge plan, but he was a complete coward. Even at the thought of facing Yunho again made his knees go weak. But this was the last day of school and he wouldn’t have another chance if he were to back down now.

“Easy, I’ll be right behind you,” Donghae had probably sensed his uneasiness and quickly wrapped his arm around him, as he always did whenever he tried to calm him down.

Hyukjae actually found himself getting used to the gesture, it would instantly clear up his mind without fail.

“He’s...he’s getting near, Donghae.”

“Do what I’ve taught you. And don’t waver.”

Hyukjae took in a deep breath as he stepped forward and held up his head high, practicing every single thing Donghae told him to do. He was starting to gain attention, which was something he wasn’t used to.

And then, his eyes met with Yunho.

The latter seemed puzzled at first, he probably had a hard time figuring out who he was considering that the old nerdy Hyukjae could no longer be seen.

“Hello Jung Yunho,” Hyukjae managed to sound firm, and from the corner of his eyes, he could see Donghae holding up his thumb. “Seems like you’re doing well these days.”

“And who’d you be?”

“Don’t you remember? I’m Hyukjae, the guy you humiliated in front of the entire school.”

Yunho’s jaw dropped, and Hyukjae had to hold himself back from laughing at his funny expression.

“You told me that I couldn’t be a dancer because I’m ugly, didn’t you?” Hyukjae smirked. “I’ll let you see then. I’m going to take over your place and make you grovel before me.”

With one last deadly glare, Hyukjae turned around and left the dumbfounded Yunho, who obviously looked flustered at his sudden attack.

Finally, he thought. I did it.

“You did well,” Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter