Chapte 3

49 days contract with my fake fiancee

 

 

 

Gyu Ri opens her eyes and saw the unfamiliar room in her; it was a black and white combination of the room, simple and very organized. The scent of manly perfume was the only thing she smells inside, made her realize where she was right now.

 

“You finally awake”

 

Gyu Ri looks up as she saw the man who saves her last night; and recollection of what happen last night brings back to her, how this man who was standing in the door frame while his body was leaning to it, saves her last night, then he hurriedly walks inside and stands on her side.

 

“you okay?” HE asks as he put his hand to her forehead.

 

Gyu Ri simply nodded. She bow own her head feeling shy as she kept remembering every scene last night, how this man name IL Woo comforts her for her unstoppable tears last night she even remember having a sleep with him hugging her tight.

 

“ I prepared some breakfast, let’s eat up before we talk something really important” IL Woo said as he walks out to the room.

 

.

.

.

 

Gyu Ri simply glancing at IL Woo who was silently sipping his coffee as he reads his newspaper in one free hand.

 

“What?” IL Woo said, without looking at her.

 

Gyu Ri hurriedly shook her head as she keep herself busy eating.

 

“About last night—“ Gyu Ri said looking at him.

 

“Save it later, just eat up” IL Woo interrupted.

 

Gyu Ri nodded in dismay, honestly, until now, she can’t believe in herself that this is happening to her, though he didn’t expect him to save her, and the idea never crosses her mind, she was thankful enough, for the very first time, she felt secured, though he was a completely stranger slash jerk on her, he helps her without any doubt.

 

“ About the last time we talked about—I know it’s not the proper time to talked about it but—from how I look on it and what happened last night it seems—“

 

“Yes. I agree” Gyu Ri interrupted him.

 

IL Woo eyebrows met in instant seems like he was trying to process what she have been said.

 

“I said I’m willing, I can be your fake fiancée but in return, can you please let me stay over here? I don’t have any place to stay and about –“

 

“okay. You don’t have worry about everything; I will be in charge in every expenses you have to, as long as you are in my side I will pay for everything.” He finished.

 

Gyu Ri nodded, though she was completely aware what she was doing is completely insane; she don’t have any choice to choose, she was nothing to go too—and the fact that her own family throw her away, it hurts. As she felt a tears was about to fall in her eyes she lift up.

 

“I know; you think this is insane but – thank you for agreeing to be my fake fiancée, and ont worry as long as your here at my side you’ll be safe, i wont let anyone hurt you again” he said sincerely.

 

Gyu Ri looks shocked as he looks at him, but she saw the sincerity in his words. So far for the man he was when they first met.

 

“and I know our first meeting was not good as it was” “I’m sorry, I never intended to look rude nor jerk in your front and thank you.. this is means a lot to me”

 

Gyu Ri blinks as if she found it not true, she cleared trying to process what he was saying, “Uh- yeah. It’s fine. Well I am the one who needs to say thank you and sorry—“ she said bowing her head shyly.

 

“its fine no harm done—“ he genuinely smiles at her.

 

Gyu Ri gulp again, as her heart races as she saw him smiling to her, suddenly she felt her cheeks burning.

 

My god Gyu Ri earth what happening to you? She said inside her head.

 

“then now, let me properly introduced myself, I’m Jung IL Woo” as he offered his hands for handshake.

 

“Nam Gyu Ri” she said as they both handshake their hands.

 

Gyu Ri felt a sudden flow of electrifying voltage over her.

 

What was that? Gyu Ri mentally snaps her head.

 

“Ehem—“ as she tried to clear . “So what are we going to do now?” she asks.

 

“Well—“ as he crossed her both arms over his broad chest. “as this moment maybe my mom knew about us leaving together, that’s what I told them” he said seriously.

 

“WHAT? They knew already? And what f I didn’t agree on this? What will you do now?” she said in disbelief.

 

He simply shrug his shoulder “ but your here so nothing to worry about”

 

“You really prepared on this don’t you?” she accused

 

“Not really, but just go back to our topic; as what I’ve said, mom knew about us so we better prepared for her sudden appearance anywhere and everywhere, my mom is not an ordinary woman, she was really something, so we better to act normal and be comfortable to each other”

 

Gyu Ri gulp as she felt dried for an instant. “Then?”

 

“And since we are living together I think we should renovate this place? And most importantly, we should learn anything to each other so we start from the basics--” as he leans closely to her.

 

Gyu Ri’s eyes widened in shock as she felt his breathings towards her; their proximity was really close, so close that she can smell his natural scent.

 

“we should get to know each other from your basic information’s, favourites and even secrets and vice versa”

 

“O-okay” As Gyu Ri almost stuttered. “But can I ask you something?”

 

 “Okay what is it?”

 

“Why? I mean Why you need to do this? What’s the reason behind you don’t want to get married? Well what I’m wondering is, since your rich I think your parents will choose a decent woman for you and why putting some scheme just to pretend?” she asks curiously.

 

“Well—“ IL Woo stops as if he weighing to himself if he can answer her. “ let just say, I lost my reason to get married”

 

Gyu Ri nodded. Although he wanted to ask again, she restrained herself not to do so. She saw the pain in his eyes although he tried his best not to show it.

 

“Okay” Gyu Ri heaved a sighed before stretching her body, “let’s get comfortable to each other right? So first and foremost where’s my room here?” as she stood up on her seat

 

IL Woo chuckled. “ you’re fast milady”

 

“Waeyo?  I thought we should be comfortable to each other?”

 

“Well speaking of being comfortable I’m thinking of sharing one room what do you think?” he wickedly smile.

 

“YAH! You !”

 

“Wae?” he teasingly smiled. “you are my fiancée now right?”

 

“YAH!!!”

 

----

 

 

“WHAT???” Shin Hye shouted as she slams her hands in the table inside the restaurant.

 

“Shhsss!” Gyu Ri covered her friend’s mouth looking at the others and apologetically looks at them. “calm down will you”

 

“How can I calm down? Are you out of your mind?” Shin Hye said again almost shouting this time.

 

“Well—I don’t have any choice and besides—“

 

“Jeez. You’re not using your head chingu, are you nuts? Though he saves you he stills a man and you don’t know him well! My god!”

 

“But he’s nice” Gyu Ri defended.

 

Though she knows her only friend point of her living with him; she can’t even understand why she don’t have any doubt about him, like her heart saying she can trust him and she was safe with him

 

“Fine—if you say so, but honestly? I really wanted to pull those hairs of your step mother and sister! How dare them!” Shin Hye burst into madness.

 

“It’s fine. I’m fine now.” She reassured to her.

 

Shin Hye looks at her intently, she sighed. “ but you know what? I’m not totally agreeing in this scheme you both putting what if—“

 

“What if what?” Gyu Ri eyebrows met.

 

“What if while pretending you fell in love with him? You know, in this game you will be the only one will be lose and be broken”

 

“that wouldn’t be happen. It’s just an act”

 

“how sure you are?”

 

“I’m sure of it”

 

“Gyu Ri—“

 

“I wont fall in love with him”

 

“okay. I already warn you right, put some wall between you and him, remember, loving him and falling for him will be your greatest downfall I’m telling you”

 

“Sure” Gyu Ri said but in the back of her head she start doubting some things.

 

What if she fell for him? Are she ready? Are he going to catch her?

 

NO! That’s a big no. Based on him, he seems not a type of man who will be in love and believing in love, so before it happens she needs to save and preserved her heart for breaking.

 

IL Woo’s calling...

 

Gyu Ri’s thoughts been interrupted as she saw her phone vibrating in the top of the table.

 

“Speaking of which” Shin Hye said upon seeing the caller I.D of her phone.

 

“Hello” Gyu Ri answered her phone little nervous.

 

Wait why I feel nervous just talking to him? My God Gyu Ri!

 

[Where are you?]

 

“I’m with a friend” Gyu Ri said as she looks at Shin Hye who simply shake her head in disbelief.

 

[Specifically]

 

“well we’re grabbing some snacks at 2pm restaurant”

 

[okay I’ll be there in a minute wait for me]

 

“But—“

 

But before Gyu Ri ca n answered IL Woo cut off the call.

 

“What does your fake fiancée said?” as she emphasized the two words.

 

“he said he’s coming”

 

“What?”

 

---

 

“HAHAHA Seriously?” Hyun Joong almost clutched his stomach from laughing. “So possessive” he commented as long as IL Woo ended his phone call to Gyu Ri.

 

“What are you laughing at?” he said irritatedly.

 

“you seems so attached with your so called fiancée of your’s Woo”

 

“Tss. Obviously, we patching things up, we should hurry to get to know each other so that we can pull this things up” IL Woo defended.

 

“is really that the only reason?” Hyun Joong teases.

 

“What else you wanted?” IL Woo eyebrow twitch.

 

“Nothing” he beams teasingly.

 

“Tss.” IL Woo shake his head as he stood u on his seat. “I’m going, I need to picked her up”

 

“Miss her already? Aiggo.”

 

“ off Joong” he said almost pissed.

 

“IL Woo” Hyun Joong call his friend

 

“Wae?” IL Woo stops from walking, he was already in the door.

 

“Maybe this is the right time” he said.

 

“right time on what?”

 

“To fall in love again.”

 

IL Woo rolled his eyes. “Give me a break”

 

“I’m serious. Gyu Ri seems nice and I like her for you.”

 

“Tss. I will never be fall in love again.” He said firmly.

 

“Watch out for your words bud, you might eat them all” he warned.

 

---

 

As long as IL Woo saw Gyu Ri seating in the restaurant he hurriedly went to them.

 

“Hey” he greeted her kissing her in her cheeks.

 

On the other hand, Gyu Ri seems shocked.

 

“Uh- hey” she greeted back as she came back from her shocked. Her head automatically turn over to Shin Hye who was currently hiding her smiles.

 

“by the way my best friend ark Shin Hye” as she introduced him to her. “ and this is Jung IL Woo”

 

“IL Woo” as he offered his hand to handshake.

 

“Shin Hye” as she held his hand. “So you’re the fiancée huh” she said smirking.

 

“Yes.” IL Woo said confidently.

 

Shin Hye rose one of her eyebrow, “So nice meeting you. I guess I have to go”she smiles. “Nice meeting you. Please—take good care of my friend and don’t make her cry, if you do, I promised to go back to you and I’ll make sure you won’t even stand a bit. I’m warning you, I’m a black belter way back to highschool and I master judo, jujitsu and karate. So you understand right?”

 

IL Woo chuckled. “Well I gladly accept that challenge”

 

“I’m serious” she said seriously.

 

“and I’m serious too. I won’t hurt her. I promised”

 

Gyu Ri felt her heart beats faster than usual. Why she felt that what he was saying was all true but the fact that they were just pretending?

 

Jeez. Maybe she really needed to visit a doctor.

 

.

.

.

 

“So where are we going?” Gyu Ri said trying to catch  him from walking.

 

Jeez he walks fast does he knows that he walks fast? He walks like a runner and I? Oh c’mon i have to make large steps just to catch him!

 

She mentally said inside her head.

 

“Hey. Can you please walk a little bit fast?” he said as he turn his head to her.

 

“And can you slow down? You walk like someone is chasing you? Like hello! Can’t you see? My legs aren’t long than yours! Be more considerate!” she said rolling her eyes to him.

 

IL Woo sighed as he close his slanted eyes. “Krei. That wouldn’t be help”

 

“Hey what are you doing?” Gyu Ri’s eyes widened in shocked.

 

IL Woo held her hand an intertwined it to his hand. “Well for you to stop from whining and besides this is the common things that the fiancée doing right?” he reminded her.

 

“So what are  we supposed to do here?”Gyu Ri asks the moment they both entered to the mall.

 

“Obviously? We will buy some stuffs here and we need to buy you clothes” he said boredly.

 

“You don’t have to! I have my clothes!” she said.

 

“Listen” IL Woo faced her almost irritated. “You’re my fiancée” as he emphasized the last word “That’s why I want to give you nothing but best alright? Stop complaining and just follow me” as he started pulling her again.

 

Unknowingly, Gyu Ri holds her own chest that was beating so fast.

 

Why whenever he told me that I’m his fiancée I felt this kind of feeling? Oh Jeez. Gyu Ri this is only an act so pull yourself together.

 

.

.

.

 

“what do you want sir?” the sales lady sweetly smiled to IL Woo, she was obviously flirting to him. But IL Woo didn’t notice since he was busy roaming the rack of dresses in the woman section of the department store.

 

Gyu Ri simply rolled her eyes.

 

“Just give everything to her; her size” he said.

 

“WHAT?” Gyu Ri said in disbelief. “Hey!” she called out him who walks to the next rack of clothing.

 

“WHAT?” IL Woo said while his eyebrow met.

 

“you don’t need to buy all those! I’ll just pick!” she said trying to convince him.

 

“No. We’re been here for almost half an hour but still you can’t choose. Miss. Give those to her and fit those to my fiancée. Got it?” IL Woo said without breaking his gazed to her.

 

“Yes sir”

 

Gyu Ri make face as she didn’t want what he said.

 

.

.

.

 

“okay. We get it” IL Woo said as he saw Gyu Ri fits the dress. “ Try to fit another” he said as he went back on looking for the magazine he was holding.

 

Gyu Ri rolled her eyes for the nth time. She can’t even count how many times she went in and out to the fitting room, fitting all the dresses and clothes he chooses for her. She almost fit all the clothing lines they were selling and she was tired already.

 

“You’re very lucky ma’am. You’re fiancée seems loves you that much” the saleslady giggled as she help her fitting another mount-full clothes inside the dressing room.

 

Gyu Ri smiled bitterly. Maybe she was really lucky if they really loved each other, but the fact that all of these were just pretending makes her heart constrict in pain.

 

Oh wait. She’s what? Hurting? Oh jeez. Snaps that thought Gyu Ri.

 

.

.

.

 

“Are we not done yet?” Gyu Ri complained as IL Woo pulled her again in shoes section.

 

IL Woo just smiled at her.

 

“Here. Just sit here and I’ll do the rest. “ IL Woo help her sit on the chair not so high but low, enough for those who want to fit shoes. “ I’ll be back” as he walks away.

 

Gyu Ri let out a heavy sighed she simply watch to him who was now busy picking some shoes on the shoe rack.

 

Seriously? The woman he would definitely love with will be so lucky to have him. Does he fell in love? He’s totally a very mysterious man.

 

Gyu Ri stared at him, thinking some thoughts about him. She didn’t realize he was already kneeling on her front.

 

“Hey. Try this one” IL Woo said on her.

 

“Huh?” as she came back on her senses. “Yeah” as she fit the shoes he picks to her.

 

“See perfectly suits you” IL Woo smiles to her. In a coule of seconds, their eyes locked to each other.

 

Gyu Ri hurriedly bowed her head; hiding how she blushes instantly.

 

“Can you give me a dozens of this? Different designs” he said.

 

.

.

.

 

“You surely know how to waste money huh?” Gyu Ri said as they both heading outside of the department store.

 

IL Woo shrugs his shoulder.

 

“Don’t do that again please. I don’t want them to think I am using you for what, got it?” she said to him.

 

IL Woo stops from walking as he looks at him, surprised. “we have an agreement right?” instead he said hiding his surprised.

 

“Besides I don’t need them, I’m not a fan of dresses or some stuffs connected to fashion” she smiled.

 

IL Woo stared at her as he found her words familiar to him, he suddenly remember something

 

“I’m not a fan of fashion thingy. Okay” Min Young said to him narrowing her eyes to him.

 

IL Woo shakes his head, trying to get her out of his mind.

 

“Are you okay?” Gyu Ri asks him.

 

“Uh-yeah” IL Woo said holding her hand again. “So where do you want to go next?”

 

“ aren’t we going home?” she complained

 

“Nope. We need to buy stocks. Since I’m not living alone”

 

“Seriously?”

 

---

 

“Yah! Don’t you think it’s too many?” Gyu Ri said as her eyes fix on the trolley IL Woo was pushing. “Are we going to throw a party every day?” she added.

 

 

“Seriously?” IL Woo said as he stops pushing the trolley. “You complaint too much as if I don’t know what am I doing?”eyes intently looking at her.

 

Her eyes narrowed as well as she saw stuffs that was not necessary needed for them; she shake her head in disbelief.

 

“Obviously, you really don’t know what you’re doing, see?” pointing the trolley, not all that we’re needed. Jeez” rolling her eyes to him.

 

“As if I don’t know what you want and what you needed, that’s why I put it all!” he desperately said

 

“You didn’t do shopping of supplies like this right?” Gyu Ri commented. “okay, just watch me and learn” she said making her eyes big as she forcefully pushed the cart away from him.

 

.

.

.

 

“You don’t need to buy a plenty of fish, okay? All you have to do is to buy that good to consumed for a about two to three days got it? Then in meat you have to observed the quality of it, just like this” as she points out the meat to him. “ ajussi. Can you pack us a kilo of it?”

 

Gyu Ri looks at IL Woo again, she saw how IL Woo looks bored. “Are you listening to me?”

 

“Yeah” he lamely said.

 

“How a man lives alone without knowing how to properly store and buy food to eat? Jeez”

 

“I never cook, and I never done cooking in my life” he simply said.

 

“That’s explains why we only eat ramen and delivered food. It’s not healthy you know. You must eat something edible”

 

“Oh yeah” he rolled his eyes trying not to listen in her.

 

“What a lovely couple” the old man commented, he smiles to them teasingly.

 

Eyes grew big. Gyu Ri and IL Woo caught their attention by him.

 

“Are you both newlyweds? When I was as age as you, my wife and I always argues about that things” he added.

 

“Yeah. We are” IL Woo said.

 

“Yah!” Gyu Ri elbowed him, giving her deathliest glared ever.

 

“WHAT?” IL Woo innocently said.

Gyu Ri smiled to the old man as she hurriedly picked the pack meat in her hands. “Thanks” she said as she pushed the cart away from them, suddenly she felt her heart races again.

 

Why those words having so much impact to her? Newlyweds? Oh my god!

 

“Let me do that” IL Woo said pushing the cart, “Wife” he added teasingly.

 

“YAH!” she almost shouted.

 

IL Woo laughs as he leaves her behind. Gyu Ri simply shake her head smiling too.

 

Maybe this little scheme was not too bad. She said inside her head.

 

---

 

“You went for a 2 weeks leave and now here” Hyun Joong said teasingly said to him, they currently having a lunch together in his office.

 

“WHAT?” IL Woo said munching his lunch made only by his fiancée Gyu Ri.

 

“Seriously? I’m starting to be very suspicious, tell me honestly what’s the real score?”

 

“tss. Just eat okay?” he said as he put all his attention in eating.

 

Yes, IL Woo went in a vacation with Gyu Ri for about two weeks, he wanted to spent time with her to get her along, they both learn each other’s sorts of interest, hobbies and even basic things they needed to worked this scheme they pulling off.

 

And though, IL Woo wanted to deny it, he enjoys Gyu Ri’s company; she’s really a funny person, easy to get along with and very adventurous one too.

 

He simply shakes his head smiling, as he remembers what they did;

 

“What are you smiling for?” Hyun Joong said narrowing his eyes to him.

 

“Nothing”

 

Yet, though her personality was light, natural and true; he still surprised by her, on how she talks and how frank she really was and her priceless reactions on things.

 

He remembers how she forcefully does things on her own. Well, two weeks spending with her was not bad. He thinks.

 

“But honestly, she’s a great cook, just like Min Young” he said, he suddenly stops as he realized what he was said. His eyes hurriedly looks at IL Woo, who was now smiled bitterly, hurt evident in his face. “Sorry—“ Hyun Joong said.

 

IL Woo sighed heavily, as he remember again the only woman he loves, the familiar pained in his heart started again.

 

Maybe, if she’s alive things aren’t be the same like this, maybe, they both building their own family, a happy family which in the first place they both dream. To grow together with kids which they grandchildren running beside them, watch the sunset together, hold hands. Those were the simple things they planned together.

 

He smiled bitterly again, those were only a dream which will never be happen. He lost the person he wanted to spend his life with.

 

“Hey” Hyun Joong snaps his own thoughts.

 

“Let just finished this so we can do our work” he said as he found his mood become bad again.

 

----

 

Gyu Ri’s POV:

 

Jeez. What am I supposed to do now?

 

I kept saying as I kept rolling to this floor. And honestly? I don’t know what to do now since I already finished cleaning this whole condo unit, washing dishes and even laundry!

 

Oh my god! Since when I become so bored like this? I never had been so bored like this before. Jeez. Why him not around makes me completely bored?

 

My eyes grew big as I realized what I’ve said.

 

No! That’s not what I supposed to mean. I forcefully shake my head for the idea that crossing my mind.

 

No! I’m not falling for him. There’s no way in the truth that I was falling for him. Maybe just because for now, I’m used for his presence, remember? We took a lot of time together for two weeks and for those days; he never leaves in my side.

 

That’s the only reason why Gyu Ri nothing more nothing less.

 

As I keep convincing myself from that I never realized that the door bell keeps on buzzing.

 

Bzztt.. bzzztt..

 

Okay I need to get hurry open the door before the person behind it ruins it by unstoppable pressing of the door bell.

 

---

 

Gyu Ri’s  eyebrow automatically furrowed as she saw a girl who she never seen in her life standing behind the door.

 

“WHO ARE YOU?”

 

Gyu Ri automatically winced upon hearing her high pitched tone.

 

“Uhmmm-“ Gyu Ri  lost in words.she saw her looks on me from head to feet and suddenly she felt shy and the same time disgusted on how she looks at her.

 

Her one eyebrow rose which made me nervous all of the sudden. Gyu Ri looked down not wanting to meet her suspicious eyes.

 

“I KNEW IT” there’s a glitters in her eyes as she keeps clapping her hand. “YOU’RE MY HANSOME BROTHER FIANCEE RIGHT?”

 

Gyu Ri’s eyes widens as the woman with a high pitch voice hugs her tight.

 

“I’m SUZY! His only gorgeous little sister” she said upon releasing her to hug. “and you are?”

 

Gyu Ri blinks, as if she was surprised and mesmerize for what is suddenly happening, she felt was block on something. “Uh- Gyu Ri, Nam Gyu Ri” she said shocked.

 

“OH MO GEE!! So this is true!” the woman gigged “I better call mom” she added.

 

As the cue, Gyu Ri eyes grew big more. “Wait! NO!!!” Gyu Ri shouted.

.

.

.

 

“And what are you doing here?” IL Woo said to his sister while he was seating in their dining table, his arms crossing on his chest as he looks intently to her.

 

“Why? Wae you looking me like that?” Suzy said.

 

IL Woo sighed. “Okay does mom send you here?”

 

“Nope.” She said as she keeps polishing her nails.

 

“Then why are you here? And bothering Gyu Ri?”

 

“YAH! I’m not bothering her! I just wanted her to come with me in our house”

 

“And that’s it” IL Woo said.

 

“Hey you’re going with me right?” Suzy said with puppy eyes” right unnie?”

 

“Well—Uhmm” Gyu Ri eyes landed on IL Woo asking for his help.

 

“Please unnie?” Suzy said pleading; she was in verge of crying.

 

Gyu Ri sighed in defeat. “Okay. I think it’s not a bad idea right IL Woo?”

 

“You sure?” IL Woo asks back.

 

Gyu Ri only nodded.

 

“Okay. I’m going too” IL Woo said.

 

“YAY!!” Suzy claps her hand in delight. “I better call mom! My god! I win! Jinwoon was now dead!” she said almost dancing. “Bye IL Woo, bye unnie! I better hurry, i have to get Jin’s credit card and shopping all out loud! Jeez. I’m so excited and I can’t hide it” she said as she runs out of the condo.

 

“And what was that?” Gyu Ri ask him.

 

“I think they got some stupid deal with my other brother,Jeez. They got us, now there’s no turning back, we really need to go there ”

 

My god. Gyu Ri snaps herself. What have I done?

 

 

 

Sorry, but I have to finished writing this one before starting my other stories. Since it is only five parts. 2 more to go.