chapter 2

49 days contract with my fake fiancee

 

 

 

 

Still in shocked, Gyu-Ri’s eyes widened. She still holding her breath, their lips are still leaning with her eyes widened looking straight to the man who was kissing her.

 

Gyu-Ri POV:

 

            Dug. Dug. Dug.

 

Until now, I still hearing my own heartbeat, I was mesmerized by my own thoughts, my eyes still locked at this man, with my mouth almost gaping in shocked.

 

And I don’t know what’s happening right now.

 

Dug.dug.dug.

 

what is this weird feeling? Why I felt something butterflies flies on my stomach.

 

OH-MY-GOD!

 

Did he just kiss me? Did he just steal my first and precious first kiss? The nerve of this man.

 

I was about to give this man a kick but why I felt my whole body melted? I felt my knees weaken, and I can’t think straight but the fact he kiss me! He kiss me! For heaven sake!

 

“Hey! Babe, she was asking your name” he said while his one arm around my shoulder and the other was snaking on my waist. I can’t react.

 

“Babe” I look at him, he was smiling so wide and sweetly to me. “babe tell her who you are” he said again

 

“Who are you? Are you really his fiancée? For real?” I look at the woman in my front. And that’s wake me up in reality.

 

What the hell!

 

What fiancée this woman is talking about?

 

I look confused with this man who was looking at me like JUST-TELL HER YES LOOK.

 

I blinked a couple of times before it was all sink in my mind.

 

“Uh-Yeah?” god! I know I sound not sure for now. Well that’s true! I don’t know him for god’s sake. And why I’m doing this in the first place?

 

“Seems your not sure huh?” I saw the woman smirked same as how she look at me disgusted, she looks at me from head to feet and vice versa, she even rolled her eyes.

 

Tss. Can I pull her hair right now? I felt so insulted!!

 

“Come on don’t be delusional miss. Stop flirting with my fiancée” she said as her one brow arch. “Cat got your tongue?”She devilishly smiles. “I guess so you’re lying, how on earth Il Woo will pick you” looks at me with disgust again. “who looks like a garbage ready to trash”

 

“Chae Won” the man in my side warn her.

 

“What? I’m just telling the truth”

 

 

Okay. That’s it. I wrap my arms to this man’s arm. And lean so close. I feel he sudden stiff. And look at the woman- who I assumed Chae Won with teasingly look.

 

“I am Nam Gyu Ri. And This man *as he looks at Il Woo* is my  fiancée. And it’s true. This garbage looking woman in your front is this man fiancée for real. So back off!” I said emphasizing the last words.

 

Her eyes widened and compose herself again “ Your lying.” Sounds like she was about to convince herself too.

 

“It’s true. So please stop talking like that with my fiancée. We’re getting married” i felt his one hand supports mine. And gently caressing it.

 

“Arrggh! You will pay for this” the woman marched her feet away from us.

 

-----

 

At the restaurant:

 

Normal POV:

 

 The moment the woman named Chae Won walks away. Il Woo pulled Gyu Ri towards the restaurant, they both sitting in front of each other. Gyu Ri look at him with disbelief as she drink the water in one shot.

 

What with this man? She kept saying inside her head. Meanwhile, Il Woo was looking at her intently.

 

“Now. Can we properly talk” Il Woo said.

 

Gyu Ri’s eyebrow met in an instant.

 

“Explain, why did you just pulled me and kiss me?” she said holding her temper

 

“Then why you kiss me back?” he answered.

 

Gyu Ri blinks a couple of times. Oh yeah. Why did I kiss him back? Gosh! Gyu Ri you’re out of your mind. She mentally snaps herself.

 

“Ehem! “ as she tried to clear . Don’t answer me with a question too!” she exclaimed. “ I need a better explanation about it—and why you introduced me as your fiancée? My god!!” she snap her own forehead.

 

“And that’s why you seating there. About what happened earlier---“Il Woo started; “I have a preposition to do with you, both of us will benefited to this----,”

 

“So--- could you please tell me straight to the point?” as she cut him off.

 

“okay. let’s make a deal” he said firmly.

 

“What deal?” she asks back.

 

“For a month or two pretend to be my fiancée” he said firmly.

 

“WHAT? YOU’RE WHAT?” Gyu Ri said disbelief.

 

“Be my fiancée for a month or two” he repeated. “Since---“as he looks at her like he was examining her. “you look fine, well we can fix yourself, then--- it seems you’re not an idiot enough though your manners were off. But we can fix that.”

 

“Are you insulting me or what?”

 

“I’m stating the fact. You seems decent in a sense” he said.

 

Gyu Ri inhaled deeply as she tries to hold back her anger. Her face started to get red.

 

“are you out of your mind?”

 

“NO,” as he lean his body to the back of chair, both arms cross in his chest. “I’m offering you a job since I know you lost your job. Don’t worry I pay big, just name your price.” He said coolly.

 

“Whhoooaah!” She uses her hand as a fan inhaling some air to breathe. “Do you think you can make me agree? C’mon mister, I don’t even know your name!”

 

“Then I’m Jung Il Woo. Happy?”

 

Gyu Ri just blew some air. She’s really pissed.

 

“C’mon. You better agree on this, just what i told you I pay big” he said like losing his patience.

 

“NO!”

 

IL Woo eyebrows met in instant. “why no?”

 

“Hell no mister! I’m not going to pretend. In the first place why me?”

 

Il Woo stops for a while thinking. She’s right, why her? She doesn’t look like an educated person; well she’s pretty yet not prim and proper. She looks plain at all. So what urge him to pull her for a kiss? Why he even kiss her in the first place?

 

He blinks for a second as he cleared his throat to answer. “Well coz---“ he paused. “because Chae Won already saw you?”

 

“And that’s it? ” she said with her eyes slightly slanting. Eyeing him. “and you think you can convince me?”

 

“Yeah? Coz I take no for an answer.”

 

“Still no! “ she yelled.

 

“C’mon woman, don’t lose my patience here”

 

“No!” as she shook her head.

 

“Jeez. So stubborn huh? You know what? I’m offering you the easiest job you can’t ever have; since you seem not that smart enough, and besides how lucky you are! You will be my fiancée even it’s just a pretended act. So why so hard headed?”

 

Without thinking twice, Gyu Ri splash the water on his face. “youre an you know!” she said while marching away from the restaurant.

 

----

 

Gyu Ri’s POV:

 

 

The nerve of that guy! How could he. Jeez. I look at him for the second time after leaving him inside. Jeez. He looks not regretting what he said to me. There’s no reaction on his face. Jeez. Is he a human or what?

 

His fiancée? The heck. Does he know that I’m a no boyfriend since birth? And does he have an idea that he stole my precious kiss? Jeez. He doesn’t even know my name! So why acting like being his fiancée is just a piece of cake?

Arrgghhh! I stamp my feet in annoyance. This is really an unlucky day to me! God!

 

 

---

 

 

“Hahahahahaha!Seriously? hahahahah” Hyun Joong laugh out loud, he even holding his stomach after hearing his story about the incident happened in the street when he kiss that woman upon to the restaurant.

 

“will you please shut up?” IL Woo said irritated.

 

“okay. Okay” as he raised his hand signalling defeat. “What will you do now? Since she refuse?”

 

“Well if she don’t want. Then don’t! I find another!” Il Woo said leaning to his reclined chair

 

“Ohh- but Chae won saw her already right?, i guess at this time, Chae Won telling that fiancée of yours” he teasingly said. “Aiigggooo! What will you do now? At for this moment? Your mom knew it already”

 

IL Woo massages his temple. It was a huge trouble if he mess this one. “you have her address right?” he asks.

 

“Who?” Hyun Joong innocently ask.

 

“That woman!” he raise his voice.

 

“Oh. “ he teasingly smiled again. “I thought---“

 

“Just shut up! And give me that damn address!”

 

“okay. Okay”

 

---

 

It was night when Gyu Ri went home, she was outside of their house, sighing deeply with a down shoulder and long face.

 

“My God! Is there any other job available now?” she mumbled to herself.

 

She was about to go inside when she heard shouting and breaking inside. She went straight to her own room when she heard that the noise is coming there

 

“Eomma!” she called her step mom terrified. She saw how messy her room was, her things were all in the floor, her drawers and cabinets were wide open.

 

Her step mom looks at her intensely as she grab and pulled her hair. “YOU!!!! HOW COULD YOU!!!WHERE DID YOU HIDE YOUR MONEY?!!! GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!!!”

 

“oucchhh! Eomma! Please stop that” she said “i don’t have any money!”

 

“OHH REALLY! LIAR!! GIVE ME THAT MONEY!!”

 

“eomma please stops it. It hurts!!” she complained.

 

“AND YOU REALLY BE HURT IF YOU DIDNT GIVE ME THAT MONEY!! YOU USELESS !!! JUST LIKE YOUR DAD!! YOUR BOTH USELESS!! ARGHH! HE LEFT ME WITH A LOT OF DEBTS!! WHAT HE PROMISED ME WAS A GOOD LIFE NOT THIS DAMN LIFE I HAVE RIGHT NOW. YOU BOTH USELESS. PATHETIC!!!”

 

Gyu Ri snatch herself from her hold, she can accept every painful words from her, but it’s a different story when her father is being involved.

 

“That’s not true!” she almost yelled. “Appah give you a comfortable life!! But you are very materialistic!!” she yelled.

 

“ARE YOU SHOUTING ME?!! IF IT’S NOT BECAUSE OF ME YOU WILL GROW WITHOUT—“

 

“WITHOUT WHAT?” Gyu Ri yelled back

 

“HEY HOW COULD YOU! WHY  ARE YOU SHOUTING MY MOM?” So Min shouted as she saw the scene, she immediately pulled her hair, and with the help of her mom, they both pulled her hair with so much forced.

 

“YOU’RE REALLYA BRAT!! IT’S YOUR ENTIRE FAULT!! IF YOU DIDNT HAVE A HEART DISEASE WAY BACK THEN, IF YOU JUST DIE ALREADY, MAYBE JUST MAYBE WE STILL HAVE MONEY!!!”

 

They continue hitting Gyu Ri. On the other hand, Gyu Ri did her best to protect herself, yet two is better than one, how can she protect herself from her step sister and step mom who join force hitting her? She felt her eyes watery, yet she kept herself not crying.

 

She promised herself not to cry, not to cry in every single beating she always got from them. As she hold back her tears. Her mom suddenly stops for pulling her,

 

“so this where you hide this?” she said smirking.

 

 

Gyu Ri’s eyes widened in shock when she saw what her mom’s holding. That was her precious necklace she kept hiding from them. The only memory she left to her mom who leaves her when she stills a kid.

 

“NO!!! PLEASE!!! DONT!!” she pleaded.“NO !! Eomma please. Spare that”

 

“Mom look at this!” So Min said while releasing her. “the house title!”

 

Gyu Ri’s eyes terrified once more. Their house title she kept hiding too. Since her dad died, she keep it to her, she really knew that her step mom was after their house title, the only treasure she have aside from the necklace.

 

“now we have this” she smiled wickedly.

 

“this is our house now!!” So Min happily exclaimed.

 

“NOWGET OUT. YOU’RE USELESS TO US NOW!!!” as she pulled her hair again, pulling it outside their house.

 

“Eomma! Please! I don’t have any place to go!! Eomma” Gyu Ri pleading.

 

“WE DONT NEED YOU HERE!! SO GET OUT!!!”

 

“Eomma!” she sobbing.

 

As they all reach the door, her mom opens it widely as she pulled her out, with So Min in her back, she throws her things outside.

 

“No mom! Please” Gyu Ri started crying. “This is the only memory I have with appa! Please” her both hands were on her chest.

 

Her step mom looks at her with disgust. She hated her ever since.

 

“Come to think of it, you really look like your mother who I despise more! You piece of ---“

 

She was about to snap her real hard when a hand grab her hand.

 

“Hey that’s enough”

 

Upon hearing it, Gyu Ri’s eyes automatically look for that familiar voice.

 

“Hey you okay?” IL Woo said with worried in his face.

 

Gyu Ri just stared at him, still crying.

 

“And who are you?” her step mom said with twitching eyebrow.

 

“Someone you don’t want to be your enemy “ he said coldly, he throws her hand, “listen, lay another hand to my fiancée and I’m sure you both rotten to jail! Understand?” he yelled.

 

So Min and her step mom almost jump in surprised.

 

On the other hand, IL Woo supports Gyu Ri to stand, he supports her to her walking and guided her inside of his car.

 

As they both inside the car, he seated right next to her, still one of his hand on Gyu Ri’s shoulder, he gestured Hyun Joong to start driving, before driving Hyun Joong chuckled to the front view mirror, Il Woo saw it yet didn’t mind at all. All his attentions were in Gyu Ri who was shaking in fear. She was trembling as if she was crying without any tears coming. 

 

“shhhh.. stop crying. I’m here. I never let anyone hurt you again” he whisper to her as he give her a warm hug.

 

His words were really comforting on her, and without any hesitation she started crying that she kept restraining and hiding. She cries out loud, while on the other, IL Woo tightens his hold on her, he leans more on his shoulder as he kiss her temple comforting her.

 

 

Part 3 would be soon ... please do vote and comment.

 

And please support my other fanfic as well I already update my other stories:

 

Romeo X Juliet

We Found Love

The Lover after me

Secretly in love

instant daddy

One more try

 

 

And I’m my way on updating my one shot stories

Dear diary

I knew I love you

 

Thank you and god bless!

 

 

Love,

iameunriejhei