How To Play

He's A Playboy, But It's My Game.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell rung signaling the end of the school day, and Baekhyun couldn’t have been happier to just get out of there. What Chanyeol had said to him really left him puzzled as to where he stands with his feelings. Baekhyun had always thought Chanyeol was a good person with bad intentions, he liked hanging out with him as friends but Baek had always disliked how much of a player the other was. Honestly speaking Baekhyun thought Chanyeol was insanely attractive and inhumanly perfect but was that enough to make him look over the fact that the latter loved to break hearts? The brunette also wondered how the taller had gotten over Luhan so quickly. ‘Am I just a rebound or something?’ The small male was pulled out of his thoughts abruptly when he bumped into someone. Looking towards the person he has just bumped into he soon recognized it to be Suho, the boy who Lay had been so infatuated with lately.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you, I was thinking about something and didn’t see where I saw going.” Baekhyun apologized to his friend.

“No it’s fine. Let me guess, you were thinking about Chanyeol huh?” Suho replied with a small knowing smile.

The brunette let a shocked expression as he heard what the other had said. “What do you mean by that?”

“I heard Chanyeol telling one of his friends that he asked you out. I was looking for you because I wanted to give you some advice.” said the black haired male, he looked left and right at the now almost empty hallway before pulling Baekhyun over to the side. He continued to search his face for any hints of how the other felt about the tall playboy.

“What is it Joonmyun?  I need to go home” the brunette asked impatiently.

“Reject Chanyeol.” The older boy said with a hard look on his face.

“Why does it concern you?” Baekhyun replied sharply. He liked to be an independent person, and someone telling him who he could and could not date irritated him.

“Look Baek, I’m only saying this because I know what it’s like. A few sweet words and gestures and you feel like you can really change him; but you can’t. For him, you’re probably just another notch on his belt. I’ve been in the same position as you are right now and I don’t want you to make the same mistakes.”

“Oh, thanks for looking out for me.” Baekhyun replied with a light blush dusted across his cheeks. He felt embarrassed for getting so defensive. “Sorry, I just don’t like being told what to do.

“No, it’s okay. I get it. I just wanted to make sure you think about your decision.” Suho replied with a smile

“You said that you were in the same position as me right?” Baekhyun asked the older boy. “What did you mean?”

Suho huffed out a breath before leaning onto the lockers. He turned his focus to the front, staring idly at the wall. His mind traveled back to the memories of the previous year.

“Last year, Chanyeol asked me out. I of course said yes and after a month and a half I got dumped, through a text message. I was broken. He didn’t give me a reason as to why he did what he did. Just three words were in that text of his ‘Let’s break up.’ He didn’t bother apologizing or anything. He just stopped talking to me suddenly.” Suho turned back to Baekhyun after sharing his miserable excuse of a love story.

“Suho, I’m so sorry-” Baekhyun was suddenly cut off when Joonmyun placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry about it, I mean; I kind of owe Chanyeol a thank you. If he hadn’t of dumped me I would have never met Yixing.” The dark haired boy let an angelic smile grace his features as a certain Chinese boy popped into his mind.

“You like Lay!?” asked the brunette

The older boy’s eyes widened at the fact he had just revealed his secret crush, and to the best friend of his crush no less.

“Well, yes I do but the thing is-” it was Suho’s turn to get cut off as the Baekhyun interrupted him.

“Are you two dating? How long have you been dating? Aww you guys are so cute together!” questions about their relationship kept escaping Baekhyun.

Joonmyun slapped his hand over Baekhyun’s mouth to get the other to stay quiet. When he had finally gotten the silence he wanted he uncovered the smaller male’s mouth.

“Dude, he doesn’t know I like him like that.”

“Oh, you should tell him then! I can tell him for you if you want.” The younger male teased.

The hand that was previously on his mouth was thrown back on as soon as his offer was spoken aloud.

“Please don’t! I’ll tell him myself, but not yet.”

“Then when?”

“Graduation maybe?”

“Nice try, but no. You should do it soon. It’s better to get those kinds of things off your chest quickly.”

“I don’t know about that, but I need to go. I just came to warn you about Chanyeol. Remember, he’s just a no-good playboy okay?” Suho quickly said goodbye before running off.

Baekhyun was once again left in his thoughts. He still liked Chanyeol but after hearing Suho’s story he was less than enthusiastic about giving the giant a chance. When Baekhyun made it to his house, he went straight into his bedroom to lie down. He knew his answer.

 

Baekhyun woke up the next morning to an empty house. After getting ready for school and walking around aimlessly for a while, he stumbled into the kitchen as wondered where his parents were. The small male walked to the fridge for some orange juice but found a little sticky note on the fridge.

 

Good morning sweetie!

I hope you remembered that your father and I were spending the weekend at Jeju.

Be good, I made lots of food for you, and we left you some money just in case.

 You can have some friends over but if I get home and the house is destroyed,

 you’ll be grounded for weeks.

(if you do destroy the house, just clean up by Tuesday. That’s when we’ll be home.)

                                                                     Love, your fabulous mother

 

The brunette giggled at his mother’s note. She had always been a whimsical woman, and that’s why he loved her so much. She was a creative and fun-loving soul who even accepted that fact that her only child was gay. His father was just as cool as his mom, albeit way more protective; which resulted in Baekhyun taking up hapkido. When he first came out to his parents, his mom had just shrugged it off like it was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter