All the Stars Point Me To You 3/5

All the Stars Point Me To You

“Why are we at the bus station again” Yixing asks while he adjusts the straps of his backpack. They had been walking for 30 minutes because Baekhyun doesn't want to be late and be stuck at the traffic.

“We’re picking up Chanyeol.” Baekhyun replies.

“And Chanyeol is?”

“My best friend" Baekhyun says a a matter-of-factly, "Yixing you know him.” he adds.

Yixing then laughs, “I know. I know. Just want to make sure that is the same Chanyeol."

“He’ll be meeting with his boyfriend.” Baekhyun explains. He feels the need to.

“Why isn’t his boyfriend picking him up instead?”

“Because Kyungsoo is busy and Chanyeol isn’t familiar with Seoul. I need to make sure Chanyeol survives this city.”

“Are you sure Chanyeol is only a friend?” 

Baekhyun raises his eyebrow. He never gets irritated with Yixing before because Yixing is a saint but now he feels different

“Shut it. You know I have Kris.”Baekhyun replies.

“I know, but you’re supposed to be with Kris today but then you ditch him for your best friend.”
Baekhyun doesn’t miss how Yixing has put an emphasis to the last word. He ignores it.

“I can meet up with Kris tomorrow. Chanyeol needs me today.”

“Does Kris know you’ll meet Chanyeol?”

“No.” Kris doesn’t because Kris will get angry and an angry Kris isn’t the best Kris and Baekhyun can’t stand arguments now. He’s guilty though for ditching Kris but Chanyeol needs him, his best friend needs him.

“Why?”

Baekhyun swears Yixing isn’t this talkative before and he prefers the less loquacious one.

“Because he’ll get angry. Chanyeol’s my bestfriend and I’m not supposed to be doing this.” But Baekhyun replies nonetheless. 

“Why isn’t he angry with me being with you all the time? I’m your best friend too.”

Baekhyun sighs, he realizes, Yixing won’t shut up, “Kris thinks Chanyeol likes me.”

“I think so too” Yixing shrugs “Based from your stories.”

Baekhyun shots him a questioning look. “No, he’s not. And see, he has a boyfriend.”

Yixing nods and suddenly hums. Baekhyun feels the necessity to explain more because Yixing eyes’ are killing him.

“And Yixing, best friends don’t fall in love with each other.”

“Okay.” Yixing smiles, his dimples showing.

Baekhyun hates it.





***





Baekhyun’s heart is hammering against his chest. How many months? How many years? Words are jumbled into his mind because in a few minutes, he’ll see Kyungsoo again. It terrifying because it was one Baekhyun’s worst memories when they ended their friendship. Now that Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are back together, he’ll have to face his ex best friend again.

Is he still angry at me?

What should I say?

Should I shake hands with him?

Will a hug be too personal?

I hate Chanyeol.

He sighs while he waits with Chanyeol and Yixing in the restaurant where Kyungsoo will be picking up Chanyeol.

“You’re worried,” Chanyeol chuckles while putting an arm around Baekhyun.

“Shut up.” Baekhyun fires back.

“You’re too cute.” Chanyeol continues to snigger while he pinches Baekhyun’s cheeks.

“Stop it.” Baekhyun hisses. “Yixing, help me out.”

Yixing shots them a quick look but doesn’t do anything.

“Don’t worry. Everything will turn out good.” Chanyeol whispers into Baekhyun's ear.

Chanyeol stops pinching him and suddenly stands. Baekhyun feels like he’s about to collapse because Kyungsoo is standing on the door and he’s few meters away. Now he feels how he missed Kyungsoo, how he missed his best friend.

Ten steps.

Five.

Three.

One.

“Baek.” It’s the same voice.

“Kyungsoo”

And then everything happens so fast when Kyungsoo hugs Baekhyun and the two are just pour their hearts out.

Chanyeol finds it hard to stop himself from laughing because Kyungsoo and Baekhyun are crying like babies.






***





Kris is getting scared.

He really loves Baekhyun. Ever since he met him, his world tilted 360 degrees. They have been together for three years and going for four. Baekhyun can put up with his mood swings; with his cheesiness; with his constant problems; they fight a lot but at the end of the day, they will kiss and make up. 

Their love isn’t perfect but he knows they are both happy. That’s the important thing, right?


It had already been years but Kris still has this doubt. He isn’t doubting Baekhyun’s love for him, he’s doubting if he’s giving the love that Baekhyun’s deserves. Because what if Baekhyun suddenly falls out of love because Kris’ love isn’t enough? It’s scary. Surely, Kris tries to be a perfect boyfriend but he sometimes feel he isn’t. 

Kris’s confidence isn’t that strong because a certain guy always tries to make it crumble into pieces. He knows he isn’t supposed to be jealous over friendships but Park Chanyeol has been getting on his nerves for the past years. He feels something and that something scares him. 

He’s too sacred Baekhyun will be snatched from him.

Though Baekhyun would always assure him that Chanyeol is only a friend, Kris isn’t all that relieved. Maybe because BAekhyun has been with Chanyeol longer than he is. Maybe Chanyeol has seen Baekhyun in more ways than he did. Or maybe because Baekhyun’s eyes light up more when he’s talking with Chanyeol over the phone than with Baekhyun chatting with Kris over lunch. 

Best friend. Kris repeats.

Yixing is Baekhyun’s college sort of best friend too. But why isn’t Kris getting jealous over Baekhyun spending his time with Yixing?

Luhan is Baekhyun’s Busan friend too but why isn’t Kris getting jealous if Baekhyun is talking with Luhan over the phone for hours?

Why is it just Chanyeol?

Kris places his right hand on his heart, “I don’t want to lose you Baekhyun.” 







***






“I can’t believe four years already passed.”

“I’m graduating tomorrow.”

“Congrats, Baek! I’ll treat you once you visit Busan.”

“I’ll be holding onto this Chanyeol, be prepared.”

Baekhyun really is excited to graduate His mom will be there and so is Xiumin. He waits patiently at the train station to welcome his cousin. He’s shaking because he’s too excited. The train arrives and he pushes his away into the crowd when he spots him.

“Xiumin.” He screams.

Xiumin sees him and waves his hands. Suddenly Baekhyun feels he’s being grabbed from behind by someone. It happens too fast and soon he’s being hugged by a person, his initial thought is to scream but before he can do anything, he hears a familiar voice.

“Congratulations Byun Baekhyun.”

“I hate you so much Park Chanyeol.”



***





“Kyungsoo and I broke up.” Chanyeol explains over the phone. “But it’s a good break up, I think.”

Baekhyun only hums in response but deep inside he feels sad because once again, Chanyeol has broken his relationship. Baekhyun wants his best friend to be happy to settle with somebody. he wants to see Chanyeol smiling and he genuinely hopes that soon, Chanyeol can find his happiness.

“We ended up being friends.” Chanyeol says. “I think this is just exactly what we need, like a good closure.”






 ***






From Chandumb:
I broke up with Minah :)

From Baekie:
WTF?!!!

From Chandumb:
She doesn’t have the right to get mad at you.

From Baekie:
But Yeol, she’s your girlfriend. I understand she might get jealous over me.

From Chandumb:
But you’re my best friend Baekhyun and I don’t want my partner to get mad at you. No one should. Friendship is more important.

From Baekie:
Awwwwww, Chanyeol <3 <3 <3 <3 <3


From Chandumb:
I’m still mad at you, though.

From Baekie:
I’m sorry :)

From Chandumb:
You made me believe you forgot my birthday then after a few antagonizing days, you upload this video. I hate you!!!! You made me cry.

From Baekie:
I’m awesome!!!! I’m great with surprises. You will never beat me. BUWAHAHA!

From Chandumb:
Thanks Baek! <3

From Baekie:
I’m sorry for not greeting you on the day of your birthday though, but I hope you had a good one, Happy Birthday again.

From Chandumb:
It wasn’t perfect on that day but you made it a couple of days after.

From Chandumb:
Yours is the best-est present.





***





Getting help from Byun Baekhyun's other best friend is even harder than performing nonstop for the band. Chanyeol has a list of reasons. 
First, Chanyeol refuses to recognize Baekhyun has another best friend other than him. Luhan being one of Baekhyun’s closest friends in Seoul took him years before he finally acknowledges their relationship and now, Chanyeol has to deal with Baekhyun’s other bestfriend; best friend from Seoul who goes by the name of Yixing. 

Second, Chanyeol hates the fact that Yixing knows Baekhyun well. Isn’t Chanyeol supposed to be the only one knowing Baekhyun like a book; he also failed to acknowledge Kris’s presence in Baekhyun’s life.

Third, Chanyeol had to utilize all his powers, if he has any, to talk with Yixing. 

Fourth, Chanyeol doesn’t like the idea of Baekhyun having another best friend who has the same course as Baekhyun during college and even now, with their post graduate studies.

Fifth, Chanyeol loathes that Baekhyun has another best friend other than him, oh, that’s the first one already.

"What do you need?" Yixing asks nicely.

Chanyeol can sense the arrogance in every word uttered. Chanyeol is pacing back and forth and circling around his bedroom.

“This is Chanyeol.” He says.

“Yes. You already said that awhile ago?” Yixing corrects him calmly.

Chanyeol detests it. “I need help.”

“Okay.” Yixing answers, “I assume, this is for Baekhyun’s birthday.”

Chanyeol nods but he remembers Yixing is on the phone so he quickly says, “Yes”

“Okay, I’ll help you out.” Yixing replies, “You can tell me about your plans.”

“Thanks.”

“I promise I won’t mention anything to Baekhyun” He hears Yixing mumbles but the next line makes him realize Yixing is a good man, no, slash that out, Yixing is a great man. And he wants to befriend Yixing too.

“I’ll make sure Kris won’t know this too.”

“You’re a great help.”

Yixing laughs on the other end of the phone, “If it makes Baekhyun happy, I’m happy too. So let’s start brainstorming.” 




***




Baekhyun hasn’t received a word from Chanyeol yet. Normally, Chanyeol is the first one to greet him during his birthday but no, the mighty Park Chanyeol hasn’t greeted him yet. They exchange a few texts messages but the bastard hasn’t even remembered his birthday.

Baekhyun purposely hinted but Park Chanyeol is really dumb.

Baekhyun hates it.

“Baekhyun” he hears Yixing call him.

“Yeah?”

“I think Mr. Jung needs us in the auditorium.”

Baekhyun sighs but complies anyway. On their way, Baekhyun blabbers and bothers Yixing on how Chanyeol forgets his birthday; on how dumb Chanyeol is and on how he hates everything that is Park Chanyeol. Yixing never utters a reply and Baekhyun is too furious to even notice.

They arrive and again Baekhyun fails to notice that no one’s in the auditorium beside him and Yixing. But BAekhyun’s attention is caught when music started playing.

“Better enjoy this one because Mr. Jung didn’t know I paid the tech to play this damn video.” Yixing whispers before he leaves the auditorium.

“Happy Birthday Baekhyun.” He hears Luhan’s voice and he sees Luhan’s pretty face on the wid screen.

“Hyung, happy birthday. I love you.” It Sehun’s turn and after he utters the I love you, he is pushed by Luhan and is that Chanyeol?

“Happy Birthday and I’m sorry for everything.” Baekhyun smiles when he sees Suho.

“My dear cousin, Happy Birthday.” Xiumin flashes a wide grin.

Baekhyun regrets that he even thought of hating Chanyeol because how can he now when Chanyeol’s face is at the screen smiling at him, “Happy birthday best friend. This one’s for you.”

And soon he witnessed the band playing, he isn’t the usual performance because today Chanyeol is the one singing.

Baekhyun’s eyes are glued to the screen.

“This is the best damn birthday gift” Baekhyun utters after the video ended.

He dials in Chanyeol’s number and quickly says, “You’re the best Chanyeol.”






***




Baekhyun spends his vacation in Busan, I deserve a rest. He proclaims after the last hour of the last class transpired.

“I really love her Baek. This is the first time I’ve ever felt this. It feels so real.”

“Im happy for you, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun really does and he hoped, from the bottom of his heart that Chanyeol will finally find the one who would fill up the missing pieces in his heart.

“Come over for breakfast.” Chanyeol says into the receiver.

“Okay, be there in a while.”

Chanyeol has patiently waited for Baekhyun to arrive; he prepared a breakfast for two; it’s been so long when they shared a breakfast together and Chanyeol feels excited. Once the doorbell had rang, Chanyeol quickly makes his way towards the gate, somehow, his happiness faltered just a little bit.

“Wassup?” Luhan greets him.

“I came with a plus 1” Baekhyun grins. “He drives.”

Over breakfast, the topic over Chanyeol’s recent love escapade has been the sole point.

Luhan and Baekhyun announces at the same time, “4 months.”

Chanyeol gasps, “4 months?”

“I’m giving both of you four months.” Baekhyun declares proudly.

“Same here.” Luhan pipes.

“Thanks for being supportive guys.”

“You’re welcome” Both teasingly grin.






***




Baekhyun can’t forsee the future, he is no fortune teller. But somehow, his jokes came true because after four months, Chanyeol is calling him and crying like crazy.

“Hello, Baek… I”

The words were vague but the voice was engraved into Baekhyun’s system. It didn’t take a second for Baekhyun to notice the sadness lingering in every word.

“Yeol.”

“We broke up Baek.”

“I’m sorry.”

Evert heart break, Baekhyun wants to be there for Chanyeol; every tear, Baekhyn would want to wipe it away from Chanyeol’s face.

“It really hurts Baekhyun. I want you here Baek.”

“I’m sorry Chanyeol. I’m really sorry.”

Baekhyun had waited for the line to go dead as he continued to listen to Chanyeol sobbing at the other end of the line. It has always been like this, every broken relationship, Baekhyun was always there to hear out Chanyeol’s heart break, to hear every pain, to listen to every cry. It was indeed heart clenching not only because Chanyeol was hurting but because Baekhyun felt he was useless, he can’t see, to wipe away Chanyeol’s troubles and grief.

I’m sorry Yeol, I’m really sorry.

Baekhyun whispered though he knew it was left unheard.

Baekhyun wakes up with muffled laughter and faded hums and chatter.

Baekhyun. Baekhyun. Baek. Byun Baek. Byun Baekhyun.

His mind was not processing the things clearly as he continued to hear his name.

“Baekhyun!”

Once fully awake, he realized he wasn’t dreaming, the sounds were coming from his phone and as he checked it out, he realized he forgot to end the call last night.

“Baekhyun. Byun Baek. Bacon. Byun Bacon. Let’s eat Bacon.”

“What the hell Yeol.”

“Hello? Hello? Byun Baek?”

“What?”

“You’re awake. I’ve been on the call for almost an hour.” Chanyeol chuckled. “You dummy, you forgot to end the call last night.”

“Stating the obvious, you’re dumber.”

Baekhyun knew that despite Chanyeol’s laughter and giggles, the pain was still in his best friend’s heart but he refused to touch the topic and continued to divert their conversation as far away as possible.





***



“Are you coming home to Busan?” Kris asked.

“I think so, it has been awhile. I need to rest. But if you don’t want, I can stay here.”
“Will it be okay if you know,” Kris smiled.

“Hmm?”

“If I come with you?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened “Are you serious Kris? Oh my God! Yes, of course.”

Four years into their relationship, Kris has finally agreed on coming to Busan with him.





***




Baekhyun feels the need to announce it to everyone. He calls Luhan and Sehun. He asks Xiumin’s permission and lastly, he informs Chanyeol.

“You sound happy. I can feel your intense happiness up to here and we’re miles away. Spill.”

“I’m coming home this vacation.”

“Are you serious? You better not ing kidding with me Baekhyun.”

“I am.”

“We haven’t seen each other in a year Baek, if this is a joke, I’m going to strangle you.”

“I bought train tickets already, don’t worry.”

“Tickets?”

“Yes, Kris will come too. I’m so excited Chanyeol. Finally, you will all meet Kris.”
Baekhyun continues to blabber about the things he would like to do; the places he will show Kris; the plans he would like for him and Kris. Everything was between Kris and him. No Chanyeol.

Somehow, Chanyeol feels pain. But it was different; it was more like a stab in the chest but he couldn’t pin point too much.

It is terrifyingly strange.