All the Stars Point Me To You 1/5

All the Stars Point Me To You

 

 

 

 

 

Sometimes, you have no choice but to just move on.

Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.

The sentence is engraved into Baekhyun’s heart. So Baekhyun counts time into seconds or minutes, hours and days but not with memories – never with memories. Why cherish memories when they aren’t even pleasant to begin with?  But how much time has passed since he felt the throbbing pain engulfing his heart? He has no idea. It seemed like a year, but it could have been a month, or maybe less.

But Baekhyun isn’t one who always keeps promises. Sometimes, he breaks them because everyone does. And the promise to put behind his memories was clearly broken the moment he started vowing to it.

Chanyeol has experienced his fair share of situations where the words Live your life to the fullest had been significant. Perfect childhood filled with bright smiles from his playmates while they tinker with their toys and soon those memories turn into casual teenage years, living without a care in the word. He would stay sprawled in his bed when he felt the air was too hot or he was just too lazy to climb out of his mattress. He would go home before the sun shines whenever he wanted or if most of the liquors were already consumed. Chanyeol was living his life to the fullest. His life had been whirling into happiness and stability. Memories are etched into his heart because almost all of them are worthy of remembering. He counts years by memories, by smiles – by experiences and not by time.

But Chanyeol is oblivious to what is missing. He doesn’t wait for anything for he knows it was just nothing.



***



Seven Days

The last week of summer vacation is the time Baekhyun hates the most. 7 days. These words appear in his mind ever so often. He hates how time flies so fast – how his life hasn’t changed and how many days are already consumed without him adding significance to the world.  He loathes how his mother hasn’t visited him or how they didn’t drive to the beach like what she promised. He detests how promises are easily broken.

“Seven more days before school starts.” Baekhyun sighs into oblivion.

The scent of summer air wafted towards him. The rays of the sun almost blinds Baekhyun’s eyes as he hastily glances in the sky. He hears a faint murmur of sounds.

“Sorry I’m late” a spluttering of words becomes an uphill struggle for Kyungsoo as he breathes heavily after running from a long distance. “Dance practice” comes the explanation.

I really don’t know why you actually spend your entire summer with this dance troupe, Baekhyun thinks but doesn’t voice it out, instead he says it was okay and he understands.  Baekhyun knows he is supposed to say something more but as he presses his lips and forms a smile, he disregards the thought. After quite some time and a few glasses of water, Kyungsoo feels rejuvenated.

“Where’d you wanna go today?” There is still a trace of panting in Kyungsoo’s breathing.

Baekhyun shrugs and smiles, “The usual.”

It has always been Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s summer job—as the latter would like to label it—to roam around town. They have been doing this since the first year of their high school, now they’re on their third. Kyungsoo will always visit Baekhyun at exactly four in the afternoon and that will signal the start of their journey. It became a tradition for the both of them to walk from Baekhyun’s house towards town while sharing stories until the sky will grow dim. They talk about family problems, crushes and hobbies or just any topic that came to their minds. But this summer is a different one; for the first time in 3 years since they start their habit, they now have a precise destination.

They have found a goal.

Baekhyun has been crushing on a senior studying at a rival school and the chances of Baekhyun seeing him are pretty slim and since Baekhyun pretty much helps Kyungsoo on everything; the latter decides to return the favor by scouting the address of Baekhyun’s apple of the eye and now, that leads them to a few meters away from a modern house painted in white and red.

“I will never get to see him today.” Baekhyun sighs in disappointment. “Again.” Seeing his crush will be the pillar amongst all the cheerless days he spent during summer but they have done this for three straight weeks and Baekhyun still fails to him. “Let’s just go home, I’m tired.”

School will start in a week.

Surely Baekhyun is tired; they have been walking in circles for hours. Baekhyun hails a cab until he hears Kyungsoo screaming like a girl.

“What is wrong with you?” Baekhyun asks while he turns around. His eyes falls on a man standing outside the red gate, the man’s face is that of an angel as Baekhyun describes it on his mind. The man is smiling lovingly at them him wearing a black wife beater hugging the masculine built. It’s the face Baekhyun longs to see for weeks.

“” Baekhyun hisses. I ain’t prepared for this . He mentally screams and drags Kyungsoo towards the yellow car.

It was a minute, no, just a few seconds but Baekhyun’s heart is beating wildly while Kyungsoo is grinning like a madman.

“That was awesome”

They both pant at the same time.

“Let’s do it again.”


***


Kyungsoo and Baekhyun have been best friends for ten years. It started out with chocolate pancakes and anonymous phone conversations exchanged by their older cousins. No one expected that their friendship would escalate from there. But they did, they swore friendship – a friendship vowed to last forever.

“Shooting stars” A fourteen year old Baekhyun announces. “I’ll meet my soul mate under the shooting stars.”

Kyungsoo writes it down. “Okay, so these are your signs for your soulmate,

1. That person will cook for you.

2. He’ll say I love you under the rain.

3. You’ll see sunset together.

4. Will give you a pig stuff toy

5. You’ll ride the Ferris wheel together

6. You’ll see the city lights together and lastly, shooting stars.”

Baekhyun grins widely, “yeah.”

“I’ll help you look for him then.”


***


Parents damaged their children one way or another. It can’t be helped. Kids are like glasses - breakable, fragile. The damage done by Baekhyun’s parents is that of abandonment. For Baekhyun, he has been injured but that doesn’t keep him from functioning normally. Baekhyun has been the brightest, even earning the most cheerful award during their middle school. Baekhyun is the epitome of positive vibes; the aura of happiness but behind those smiles is a sadness concealed in the deepest of his heart.

Kyungsoo spent his years showered with love; living with an almost perfect family - a father who spoiled his youngest son; a mother who listened intently to Kyungsoo’s needs and older siblings who protected him from anything. Despite the attention, Kyungsoo is an introvert and would easily shy away. Words coming from his mouth are limited. But when Baekhyun entered his life, he gradually changed.

Kyungsoo becomes Baekhyun’s family.

Baekhyun serves as Kyungsoo’s strength and pillar.

Their friendship is beautiful even envied by many. Their bond is extraordinary, ten years is a number to beat.

It is on the third year of high school when Baekhyun and Kyungsoo’s friendship will start to fall apart like a puzzle losing its pieces. They didn’t notice a thing but everything isn’t the same as it used to be.

Unknown by both parties, it happens when Baekhyun meets Chanyeol.

It will happen in 7 days.



***


“I said yes.” Kyungsoo with tinted cheeks blurts out. Baekhyun is too shocked to absorb anything because he has just experienced a 5 second heart attack when Kyungsoo suddenly barges into his room in the middle of the night.

“.” Baekhyun exasperates, “You scared me.”

“Your aunt let me in, she’s still awake.”

Baekhyun’s mind is still not processing anything but Kyungsoo is smiling widely at him, only then do Kyungsoo’s words sink in.

Baekhyun smiles the brightest. He never wishes for anything other than Kyungsoo’s happiness because for him friendship is more important than anything else.

“And I’d like to thank you.” Kyungsoo murmurs sheepishly. “Thanks, best friend.”

“I’m glad you are happy Soo.” Baekhyun smiles as he recalls the start of Kyungsoo’s love story.
Baekhyun grins from the memory.

It isn’t a simple introduction but it is far from being extravagant. Baekhyun terms it as hilarious because who will not find it worth a laugh when a stranger suddenly blabbers about how your best friend was the most perfect person and how the stranger dramatized how he got your best friend’s number. It was hilarious and Baekhyun remembers everything - from the moment he laid his eyes on the guy who he wanted to make Kyungsoo happy; from the moment the words slipped into the person who will love Kyungsoo.

It all happened seven days after Baekhyun saw his crush.

Baekhyun was sitting quietly on his cousin’s living room couch. School officially started and the first day ended incredibly fast, Baekhyun found himself sitting comfortable on his cousin’s blue-colored couch while waiting for his aunt to pick him up.

He has been living with his aunt while Baekhyun’s parents has been working outside of Busan. He usually stays with Xiumin after class while waiting for his aunt.

It’s a normal day, Baekhyun decides, but everything changes when a voice suddenly caught his attention.

“I’ve finally met him Minseok hyung.”

His cousin, Xiumin (his band name) or Minseok smiled widely. It wasn’t a simply beam, it was a sly smirk.  Baekhyun had unknowingly listened to the conversation because who wouldn’t? A sudden deep voice was booming the whole living room and Baekhyun wasn’t really enjoying the drama that had been playing on the television, he didn’t want to pry on other people’s business but the deep voice was very distracting.

“He lives in Yeonje-gu.” The voice continued to narrate his story while Minseok continued to grin mischievously.  “And hyung, I got his number.”

What Baekhyun found more interesting and doubting was that Minseok was not focused on the speaker. Instead his eyes were on Baekhyun’s as if hinting a message. Minseok had been listening intently on the deep voice guy but his eyes were on Baekhyun’s. Soon enough, Minseok then uttered, “What’s his name again?”

“Kyungsoo!” The stranger excitedly exclaimed. “His name is Kyungsoo.”

Baekhyun was taken aback and thought So that’s why Minseok hyung was smirking but he then smiled nonetheless when he heard his bestfriend’s name and apparently the stranger liked Kyungsoo; all along the person was talking about his bestfriend. Minseok’s smirk widen as he decided to include Baekhyun into the conversation.

“Hey, Baek,” Minseok uttered rather loudly.

Baekhyun shot him a look.

“You’re studying at Yeonje High School, right?”

Baekhyun nodded.

“So do you know someone named Kyungsoo?”

At the mention of Kyungsoo’s name, the stranger’s eyes got diverted from Minseok to Baekhyun. The latter nodded and Baekhyun knew blood had drained from the stranger’s face. Baekhyun decided to have a little fun.

Baekhyun smiled widely and proudly, confidence rising up his body as he uttered the sentences “Actually, Kyungsoo’s my bestfriend.”

The stranger gulped, face filled with horror, and he excused himself politely. A faint scream of “someone kill me please” can be heard from the background.

Baekhyun could not help but let out a chuckle.

“This is going to be interesting.”

That marked a start of a friendship and a romance. Baekhyun gained a new friend; Kyungsoo will have a share of his happiness. As the unwanted and awkward conversation had created a strong bond and a wonderful friendship between Chanyeol and Baekhyun – a friendship to last for a lifetime; at the same time, it also started a beautiful story of first love between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.


***


It isn’t much of a surprise for Baekhyun when Kyungsoo and Chanyeol started dating over a year ago. Baekhyun had been somewhat their bridge. It is a one crazy ride though. Chanyeol is studying in a different school and a year younger than them but with Baekhyun’s help, the two managed to see each other frequently.

Baekhyun witnessed it all and he was never happier and satisfied because Kyungsoo’s smile was always present and it never faltered. It wasn’t an easy ride though; Baekhyun has turned a keen eye on how Kyungsoo would sneak from his duties just to meet with Chanyeol. How Kyungsoo would always smile the brightest while words tainted with lies escape his lips Baekhyun and I have a project to work on, I’ll be with him the whole day. Indeed, Kyungsoo was with Baekhyun but Kyungsoo would always skip the part where Chanyeol was always there. Baekhyun isn’t fond of lying but he could tolerate some if it means that his best friend would smile. Kyungsoo would always ask Baekhyun to accompany him whenever he’ll be meeting with Chanyeol. Kyungsoo’s family was living according to the norms, resulting to Kyungsoo keeping his relationship with Chanyeol in secret and Baekhyun had been the biggest help for the both of them.

And a year passes. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s friendship get stronger, they remain the best of friends everyone adored and their relationship was envied. But as with every friendship, their relationship undergoes changes. Things change a little bit because there’s a new addition to their duet; now they move and bond in threes.

Today is one of those days, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo are staying at Baekhyun’s humble abode to do their usual routine: to kiss and cuddle. Baekhyun will just focus on his homework or other school loads while the lovers do their own thing.

 “Who’s your partner for the dance Baek?” Chanyeol inquires while stuffing a spoonful of ice cream into Kyungsoo’s mouth.

“Haven’t decided yet.” Baekhyun shrugs, not batting an eyelash as he continues to work on the article he is writing for their school paper. “Too much things to do, got no time for the dance.”

“But you have to.” Kyungsoo pouts while he feeds Chanyeol some ice cream.
“It’s not required.” Baekhyun once again shrugs and quickly glances over the couple just in time when Chanyeol’s mouth is already open waiting for the ice cream. Baekhyun makes the puking gesture.

“I can’t take this anymore.”

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol both laugh and continue their session.

 “Use protection.” Baekhyun warns “And please, don’t do it in my bed.”

Baekhyun hears a half grunt, half scream presumably from Kyungsoo, “We’re not doing that Baek.” Kyungsoo covers his face with his hands in embarrassment. Chanyeol lets out a chuckle.

“But seriously Baekhyun, the dance, it’s in 2 weeks Baek, you need to find a partner.” Chanyeol persists.

Baekhyun sighs, honestly, he doesn’t want to participate in the dance. He had turned down a couple of invitations from his classmates. News spread like a wildfire in high chool and the news that Baekhyun still doesn’t have a partner ring like school alarms. A few of his friends are bugging him to invite one of Chanyeol’s friends. Chanyeol is a popular kid in their town, being a member of the most admired teenage band.

“You know, I can always ask Luhan if you want me to” Chanyeol cutting of Baekhyun’s trance.

“Luhan will be perfect.” Kyungsoo pipes in. “Everyone will be ecstatic. You’ll be envied.”

“Well, Luhan wants to go, too. Our school dance is kind of boring. You’re lucky everything in your school is organized and well managed.”

“What’s with everybody? Everyone wants me to ask Luhan.” Baekhyun waves his hand dismissively, it is tiring to hear people Baekhyun, please invite Luhan.“If they want to dance with Luhan, they should have asked him instead.”

“But Luhan doesn’t like to go with any of them.”

“Oh yeah, and he wants to go with me.” Baekhyun says sarcastically.

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol both flash wide grins.

“You have got to be kidding me.”

 “Our classmates Baekhyun, our friends, you’re their only hope.”

“But, I don’t want to go to the dance.” Baekhyun pouts, his articles have long been forgotten.
“Yes, only hope. You are the only hope” Kyungsoo repeats again, he knew, he is winning this argument.

Chanyeol is too busy talking with someone on the phone while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun continue to their one sided dispute. Both stopped in their nonstop bickering when Chanyeol’s deep voice enters their ramble of voices.

“Luhan said he already has a suit and tie so you don’t need to worry about getting him one, Baek.”

Baekhyun’s mouth hangs agape.

“Oh, and Baek, I gave Luhan your number.”


***


From Unknown Number:
Thanks for inviting me to the dance :)

From Unknown Number:
I’m Luhan.


***


From Chandumb:
Wer R U?

From Baekie:
Xiumin hyung’s, you coming here?

From Chandumb:
Today’s the start of the renovation of your house! Be there in 10 minutes. See you!

From Baekie:
Okay.


“What’s with the long face?” Chanyeol nudges Baekhyun’s arm. They had been spending a lot of time lately as Baekhyun is staying most of his days in Minseok’s home.

Baekhyun sighs.

“The dance is in 2 days, you can’t have any wrinkles. You should be having your beauty rest.”

“Beauty rest my .” Baekhyun shoots back.

Chanyeol’s laughter is contagious as Baekhyun soon follows and their laughter serenades the living room.  Baekhyun surely saw it coming that Kyungsoo and Chanyeol will end up together, what he did not foresee was him being close to Chanyeol, having almost the same feeling he has for Kyungsoo. He didn’t expect Chanyeol to be his second closest friend. But he doesn’t regret a thing because Chanyeol has been the best. He plans on keeping this friendship in tight bond.

“I still can’t believe Soo’s parents allowed us to be together.” Chanyeol occupies the empty space on the couch, just right next to Baekhyun. “I’m really happy.”

“I’m really happy too because now, I wouldn’t have to cover for the both of you.”

“Thanks, Baek. You’re the best there is.”

“Okay, it’s getting cheesy and it’s so not Chanyeol.”

“Whatever,” Chanyeol snorted. It’s in that moment that Baekhyun realizes how his friendship with Chanyeol is different from his companionship with Kyungsoo. 

“So, what’s bothering my best buddy?” An arm is placed around Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“I suddenly don’t want to go to the dance.” Baekhyun doesn’t bother lying. He is nervous as because he is going to be with a person he isn’t close with. He is afraid everything will be awkward. Sure, he had exchanged a few his and hellos and a couple of text messages with Luhan before because the guy, being the vocalist of the band, is always a constant presence in Xiumin’s home but they haven’t really exchanged a decent conversation. 

“Why?” Chanyeol raises his eyebrow.

“Because Chanyeol, it will be awkward. I’m not even close with Luhan.”

Chanyeol blinks, “But you talked with him before?”

“You don’t understand. I’m really awkward.”

“What are you talking about? You watches us practice every time, you’re close with Suho too. You even made my cousin, Sehun laugh. And that’s something. I’m sure everything will be okay with Luhan.”

“You’re not getting my point, Yeol.”

“I am. But you can’t just back out now and Luhan is really nice, I’ll bet you’ll enjoy the dance. Don’t be so stressed about it.”

Baekhyun hopes he would not lament his decision.

“Luhan is a great guy, I promise you.”

Baekhyun stands up, “Yeah, I know. And it’s getting late, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight Yeol.”

“Don’t think about anything before you go to sleep Baek, it’s not good.” Chanyeol teases.  “I assure you, Luhan is a great guy. I’ve been his friend for years.”

Before Baekhyun’s shadow disappears from Chanyeol’s sight, he gives his last advice,
 “Oh and Baek, one more thing”

Baekhyun responds with a stifled “Hmm”


“Don’t fall in love with Luhan.”


***


It ‘s the day of the dance. Chanyeol and Luhan will meet at Baekhyun’s place and will wait for Kyungsoo to pick them up. Baekhyun is nervous; he doesn’t even have a chance to have a quick chat with Luhan before the dance. It feels like he is coming with a stranger but Luhan isn’t an outsider. He prays to all the gods that this night should end quickly, it will lessen his agony.

“We’re an hour early” Luhan smiles while Baekhyun opens the door for him and Chanyeol. “This guy is excited.”

Baekhyun lets out a soft chuckle, “I know. He doesn’t stop sending text messages, it’s kinda annoying.”

“Hey, I’m right here.” Chanyeol waves his hands making his presence known.

Chanyeol makes himself at home while Baekhyun prepares some snacks. To Baekhyun’s surprise and utter relief, Luhan is the one starting the conversation and soon enough he was drowning into their own little world revolving around their same taste in music and movies.

“I should have brought flowers” Luhan says dejectedly.

“I’m not the girl in this relationship, Luhan.” Baekhyun playfully replies. Chanyeol chokes on his own saliva. Because what the hell, days ago, Baekhyun was whining about how he fears the dance and now Baekhyun and Luhan are together? Holy .

“You’re in a relationship?”

Baekhyun and Luhan burst out laughing.

“Of course not, .” Baekhyun says matter of factly. “It was a joke.”

“Why are you so stressed about it?” Luhan asks throwing teasing smirks to his friend.

“Because.” Chanyeol replies firmly. Luhan raises his eyebrow and waits for the continuation.
“Baekhyun promised me he’d tell me first if his relationship status changed.”

Baekhyun gasps. “When did I ever?”

“You promised.” Chanyeol pouts like a kid.

“You know, I’d tell Kyungsoo first.”

“Traitor.”

A few minutes more, while Baekhyun had finished putting on powder on both Luhan and Chanyeol’s faces, a honking of a car is heard.

“Time to go guys.”              

Baekhyun and Luhan were the loveliest pair. Baekhyun hadn’t expected anything but Luhan being a gentleman was an understatement. He would be concerned of Baekhyun’s over all state. Luhan made sure that Baekhyun was enjoying his night but constantly checking if Baekhyun was doing okay, if Baekhyun feel like dancing.  Luhan would get him drinks, serve him food. He’d hold his hand most of the time and Baekhyun felt special. It wasn’t love, Baekhyun is fully aware; it is the start of another friendship. Baekhyun feels really happy and takes a mental note to thank Luhan.

Baekhyun and Luhan are immersed into their conversation like two teenage girls gossiping about their crushes that they fail to notice a tall guy behind them. Chanyeol needs to tap Bakehyun’s shoulder to catch his attention.

“Oh, Chanyeol, I didn’t notice you.”

“I’ve been here for a while.”

Luhan laughs softly, “So, what brings you here?”

Chanyeol clears his throat and smiles, “May I dance with my best friend?”

“But how about Kyungsoo?”

“Switch partners. We’ve been on the dance floor for quite some time; Soo sends me here because he is getting tired to see my face” Chanyeol replies grinningly.

Kyungsoo, still on the dance floor has a smile painted on his face, his hands on the air waving at them. Luhan excuses himself to meet Kyungsoo. Chanyeol and Baekhyun follow behind them but Chanyeol insists on keeping a right amount of distance from the other dancing couple.

“So,” Chanyeol’s tone reveals a sense of inquiry; much like that of a police investigating a crime incident.

“What?”

“Luhan.”

“So, what about him.”

“What about him,” Chanyeol fires back with the emphasis on him.

“Please, Yeol. Get to the point.”

“You look happy and you know you both look good together.”

“We’re friends Chanyeol.”

“But I’m your best friend Baekhyun. Don’t forget that.”

“I know that Chanyeol.”

There’s a stretch of awkward silence until Chanyeol opens his mouth to speak again.

“I’m jealous.”

Baekhyun can’t believe what he’s hearing. Why would Chanyeol envy Luhan? Why would Chanyeol say this to him? What is happening?

“If you’re going to be close with Luhan, just don’t forget that I’m your closest friend next to Kyungsoo.” 

So that’s why.

Baekhyun suddenly stops dancing and is clutching his stomach because he is laughing so hard.

“Why are you laughing? I’m getting emotional here.”

“Because you’re an idiot.” Baekhyun wipes tears away from his eyes.

“I’m never going to replace you Chanyeol.”

The smile on Chanyeol’s face is never brighter. 

“You better not be.”


***


Baekhyun is trapped. He is lost but he didn’t mind getting lost if being gone astray meant he is nowhere to be found in the remarkable world of friendship.

From Soo:
Are you okay Baek?

From Chandumb:
Hey Baek! Please reply :(

From Luhan:
Baekie!!! Let’s just make this summer more wonderful!

From Chandumb:
...

From Unknown Number:
Will you be my textmate?

Baekhyun sighs reading a bunch of messages from his friends. He wasn’t in a mood to reply or do anything at all because once again, his mother had failed him. Baekhyun has been longing for the summer before he enters the senior year. His mother had promised him, they’d visit places, they’ll have quality time together but on the last minute – bags were packed, itinerary was flawless, phones were charged – his mom had to cancel. Again, Baekhyun feels dejected. He drags himself out of bed and tries to respond to each and every message on his phone.

To Soo:
Yes, I’m okay.

From Soo:
You should have just come with me  L

From Baekhyun:
Naa! It’s okay :) You needed some alone time with your fam too! Im just gonna spend the rest of the vacation with Xiumin hyung and the gang!!!

From Soo:
Chanyeol will be happy!!!

From Soo:
I’ll text you later :)

To Soo:
Don’t forget to buy something for me. Hihih!!!





From Baekhyun:
where are you?

From Ludeer:
Here at the band practice. You okay now?

From Baekhyun:
Yup! Okay, ill go there. Ill just take a bath. SEE YOU!!!

Baekhyun feels rejuvenated after the cold water hits him. He realizes, he shouldn’t be moping over missed chances but rather, he should be focusing on new goals. And there are a few more days before school once again starts, he should make the most out of it.

“So, are you going to our band practice?”

“What are you doing in my room?”

“Your aunt allowed me. Why didn’t you tell reply to any of my texts? I sent A LOT!!!”

“I was tired. I forgot.”

Chanyeol lies on Baekhyun’s bed and covers himself with the blanket.

“Chanyeol what are you doing?”

“I’m tired, I’ll take a nap.”

Baekhyun sighs but eventually makes his way towards his bed.

“Luhan’s waiting for me.” He whispers.

“You don’t want to see me play the drums? I’m hurt Baek.”

Baekhyun let out a small giggle.

“As much as I am glad to hear you laugh, I’m still hurt you replied to Luhan but not me!”

“I thought you’re there to support me, Byun Baekhyun.”  Chanyeol fakes a tear and dramatized everything, “Its’ only you that I have. Kyungsoo can’t make it. He’ll be with his mother during the summer. I’ll miss him Baek. And now you’re abandoning me for Luhan.”

“You giant ball of fluff. I want to puke.”

“You’ve been pretty close with Luhan lately.”

“What’s the sudden change of topic, Yeol.”

“Because you are.”              

“You are just jealous.”

“Of course I am, I’m your best friend.”

“Kyungsoo is my best friend.”

“I know, but I’m your best friend too. And I don’t like sharing.”



***



Goodbyes are painful but somewhere along the confusing thing called life, one has to say it eventually. This time it was Baekhyun’s turn.

“I can’t believe both of you will study at Seoul.” Chanyeol slumps into his seat.

“We’ll come back every vacation.” Kyungsoo assures his boyfriend while placing a soft kiss into Chanyeol’s cheek. “Don’t miss me too much, okay?”

“You better be good when we leave or else Ill strangle you to death.” Baekhyun warns, eyes threatening Chanyeol.

“My heart and eyes are for Kyungsoo only. I promise.” Chanyeol then motions a cross into his heart. “I’m more afraid of what will you do to me Baekhyun if I cheated on Kyungsoo. I might be found dead.”

Kyungsoo laughs whole heartedly “Of course, I’m Baekhyun’s ultimate best friend.”

“Hey, hey, hey,” Chanyeol cries in protest.

“Enjoy Seoul, and don’t forget Busan.”  Luhan pipes while he helps Baekhyun loads his luggage into the car.



***




***



From Chandumb:
Heeeeeeey! How’s college?

To Chandumb:
I just arrived Yeol, school starts next week.



From Chandumb:
I miss Kyungsoo already :(

From Chandumb:
And you too, of course.

To Chandumb:
It has only been 14 hours Yeol.

From Chandumb:
But it’s so quiet here.

From Chandumb:
Oh, and btw Baek, why is my cousin Sehun asking me to say hi to you???

To Chandumb:
It’s a secret. :D

From Chandumb:
WTH BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!!!!

From Luhan:
Hi Baekie! I’ll keep an eye on Chanyeol so he won’t dare cheat on Soo. Don’t worry.

To Luhan:
Thanks Lulu! I’ll help you with Sehunnie in return ;)





***



Park Chanyeol: BAEKHYUN!!!!!!!
Byun Baekhyun: ?????
Park Chanyeol: After 10 long years, you're online!
Byun Baekhyun: You just made a facebook account ! I’m online every day.

Park Chanyeol: I should have made one earlier, we could have save a lot from our phone bill. 
Park Chanyeol: HOW ARE YOU!!!!
Park Chanyeol: ????????????
Byun Baekhyun: I’m fine. You?
Park Chanyeol: I’m NEVER BETTER!!!
Byun Baekhyun: Kyungsoo went home yesterday right? Tell him to bring some home made sweets from his mom. Im craving for BUSAN DELICACIES!!!!
Park Chanyeol: OKAY!!!!
Park Chanyeol: Baekhyun!!!
Park Chanyeol: BYUN BAEKHYUN!

Byun Baekhyun: WHAAAT?!!!
Park Chanyeol: And guess who's not a anymore? ;) ;) ;) ;) :))))))))))
Byun Baekhyun: LUHAN AND SEHUN ARE OFFICIALLY AN ITEM!!!!
Byun Baekhyun: LUHAN DIDNT EVEN NOTIFY ME!!!!!!!!!
Byun Baekhyun: HOW DARE HE?
Park Chanyeol: .......
Byun Baekhyun: It isn’t Luhan? O.O
Byun Baekhyun: OH MY GOD YEOL! PLEASE DONT TELL LUHAN.
Park Chanyeol: So that’s why Luhan is coming over at our house that often and Sehun always watch our dance practice
Park Chanyeol: I knew something was up.
Byun Baekhyun: Please. Please. Please.
Byun Baekhyun: PARK CHANYEOL!!!!
Park Chanyeol: HAHHHAHA! YAH YAH YAH! I WONT TELL LUHAN YOU TOLD ME~~
Byun Baekhyun: I SWEAR CHANYEOL!!!
Park Chanyeol: HAHHAHHAH! ANYWAYS!!!! YOU GUESSED WRONG!!
Byun Baekhyun: So XIumin hyung?
Byun Baekhyun: Suho?
Park Chanyeol: Oh please, Suho had been laid a long time ago,
Byun Baekhyun: !!!!!!!!!!!!!! O.O
Byun Baekhyun: ???
Park Chanyeol: It’s
Park Chanyeol: ......
Park Chanyeol: .....
Park Chanyeol: ME!!!!

Park Chanyeol: Baek?
Park Chanyeol: Baekhyun?
Park Chanyeol: ????
Byun Baekhyun: OH MY GOD!!! MY POOR KYUNGSOO!!! YOU TAINTED HIS INNOCENCE!!!
Park Chanyeol: Baek-
Byun Baekhyun: WHAT?!!!
Byun Baekhyun: OH MY GOD! IT ISNT WITH KYUNGSOO!!!
Byun Baekhyun: IM GONNA KILL YOU!!!
Byun Baekhyun: YOU!
Byun Baekhyun: DIE!!!
Park Chanyeol: Calm down. I did it with Kyungsoo and it was amazing.
Byun Baekhyun: I HATE YOU!!!!
Park Chanyeol: And by the way, I didn’t taint anyone’s innocence. Kyungsoo was like a pro, I’m surprised.
Byun Baekhyun: OH MY GOD!

Park Chanyeol: DON'T TELL. I SWORE KYUNGSOO I WONT TELL ANYONE.
Park Chanyeol: So are you dating anyone?
Byun Baekhyun: I STILL CAN’T BELIEVE IT!
Byun Baekhyun: And I am not.




***


Friendship doesn’t equate to physically being together for each other because sometimes distance tightens the bond.

From Baekhyun:
Just one more year Yeol and you’ll be a college student too.

From Chandumb:
I’m still not happy. Because I’ll study here in Busan and you and Kyungsoo are there in Seoul.

From Baekhyun:
We’ll come back soon.

From Chandumb:
I know. So, what's new with you?

From Baekhyun:
Nothing. I'm waiting for Kyungsoo to pick me up. We're going on a best friend date. :D

From Baekhyun:
We miss you. Kyungsoo misses you so much. He cried just yesterday.


From Chandumb:
It has been 4 months.

From Baekhyun:
Yeah. But we’ll come back home in a month!!!!!!!!! So both of you will be happy, yeah?

From Chandumb:
YOU DONT KNOW HOW EXCITED I AM TO SEE YOU!!!! 

From Baekhyun:
We’re excited too!

Relationships end.  It wasn’t a shocking reality because it happens all the time. But Baekhyun should have read behind Chanyeol’s past text messages, how the latter would clearly divert the topic when it touched anything related with Kyungsoo.

“We broke up.” In between the sobs, Kyungsoo managed to utter his sentence. “I don’t know why Baek. I did everything.”

Baekhyun somehow foresees that this eventually will come, not the he was expecting Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s relationship to end up in the dumps, but somehow, there was this doubt in his heart that Chanyeol will leave Kyungsoo and he had been right about his hunch.

“Maybe he needed time.” Baekhyun offered an excuse, hoping that somehow Kyungsoo‘s pain will ease.

“He said he wanted to enjoy his youth, his teenage years and I don’t know anymore, him.”

“Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun knew exactly what Chanyeol meant. That Chanyeol wanted to try different things and being in a relationship with Kyungsoo would hinder everything. He wanted to voice out and he thought for a couple of times if telling the truth would be the best but he knew Kyungsoo was not in the right mind to understand things because who would? Baekhyun only comprehended Chanyeol’s decision because he knew Chanyeol’s personality like he knew his ABCs.

“Talk to him Baekhyun, he will listen to you. I know he will. Please Baekhyun.”

“Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun doesn’t know if he was pleading. He never felt guiltier than today because Kyungsoo was completely broken and he should be on Kyungsoo’s side but he found himself understanding Chanyeol’s decision.

“Baekhyun, please.”

“I’ll try to call him later.”

“Thank you Baekhyun, you’re the best.”



***



Decisions are either good or bad. It never shows itself in many shapes and forms – just between good and bad – always between good or bad. Baekhyun has been a witness to great ones and had been a shoulder to cry on when his friends would choose the worst ones. It never occurred to him to question them because he felt he has no say on everything they do. He just tries his best to comfort them.

But this particular moment, there’s a nagging feeling in between Baekhyun’s heart and his gut. He knew exactly why and he knew he must take a stand. As the phone vibrates in his hand, he fears the seconds that will follow.

“Chanyeol, you have no right to demand anything from Kyungsoo, you’re the one who broke up with him.”

Baekhyun wanted to cry because he doesn’t want to accept the reality that his most treasured bonds would start to crumble. Baekhyun’s family had been his friends and he was so afraid to make a decision, he doesn’t want to but soon he would have to. 

 “Baek, you know how much I love him. I really do.”

Baekhyun wanted so much to undo the times, to undo Chanyeol’s mistake because soon he knew he needed to choose, which friendship will stay, which one will end. 

“Then why did you do it?” Baekhyun fires.

“I was confused Baekhyun. And I’m really angry at myself for letting Kyungsoo go.”

Baekhyun understands but Chanyeol’s too late. They both know it.



***



The morning after, Baekhyun finds himself in front of the train station’s ticket booth. He isn’t sure why he is so distracted and feels too much fear but he desperately needs to come home. He is determined to try to save both of his most treasured friendships. 

It is the longest ride Baekhyun ever experienced, but it is worth the wait. Upon arrival, Baekhyun’s ultimate goal is to find where Kyungsoo is because the craziness enveloping Kyungsoo’s decisions needs to stop. 

He hastily dials his best friend’s number. After a couple of rings, finally Kyungsoo answers.

“Where are you?”

“I’m with Suho”

“Why are you with him Soo?”

“None of your business, Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo hisses, the tone is harsh and Baekhyun tries to suppress the tingling feeling of hurt and ignores everything because sometimes to ignore lessens the pain. Sometimes, to ignore is the best possible way to hide the pain. 

“Don’t leave Suho’s house. I’ll be there in five minutes.”

Baekhyun’s heart is beating loudly. Kyungsoo has been an idiot but maybe Baekhyun has always been the biggest dummy because he thinks he could have prevented everything from falling apart. Right after Kyungsoo broke up with Chanyeol, he has been so fragile and Suho, who apparently is one of Chanyeol’s closest friends, has taken advantage of Kyungsoo’s weakness. 

Kyungsoo is too distraught to feel Suho had been slowly crawling into his heart. Baekhyun needs to do something. He wants to revive Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s relationship, that’s the only thing he can think of that can save both of his most valued relationship.

Baekhyun feels his knees wobble as he is a few steps away from Suho’s house. A few knocks, the door opens revealing a poker faced Suho.

“Where’s Kyunsgoo?” Baekhyun doesn’t even bother with formalities. He got no time being nice with an . 

“What do you want Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo appears behind Suho.

“Come with me.” Baekhyun grabs Kyungsoo’s arm but Kyungsoo quickly pulls away. 

“I’m not going anywhere Baekhyun. I’m staying here”

“No, you are coming with me.”

“You can’t order me around.”

“But we need to talk.”

Suho has the decency to excuse himself, leaving both guys alone in his front porch after shooting Baekhyun a look of remorse.

“What are you doing Kyungsoo” Baekhyun can feel his eyes tearing up but Baekhyun fights it. This isn’t the time to be a cry baby.

“I’m doing what’s making me happy.”

“What? Suho is making you happy? You just broke up with Chanyeol a week ago.”

Kyungsoo is on the verge of tears, Baekhyun observes and Baekhyun just wants to wrap his arms around his best friend just like the old times. A simple hug can make everything go away, the pain, the tears, the lost time. But Baekhyun stops himself because the light he sees from Kyungsoo’s eyes isn’t a shining, it’s diminishing.

“But Suho is Chanyeol’s friend Kyungsoo. This isn’t right!” Baekhyun spats.

“I don’t see why being with Suho isn’t right.” Kyungso shots back “Just leave me alone Baekhyun.”

“You’re not in the right mind to be making decisions Soo. Why are you doing this to Chanyeol?”
Baekhyun knows the moment the words came out from his mouth, everything will be different and he has never been so right. Baekhyun has never seen Kyunsoo so angry until now.

“Why am I doing this to Chanyeol? You are ing asking me why am I doing this to him? Why? Why? you Baekhyun. you! He broke up with me and you’re asking me why am I doing this to him? I’m the one who was hurt Baekhyun. I was the one who was left behind, not him.”

“But Kyungsoo” This time tears are running down from Baekhyun’s eyes.

“You have no right to tell me who to like Baekhyun. Chanyeol was the one who left me. And it seems that you’re too concerned over Chanyeol more than me. Just a reminder, I’m your best friend Baekhyun, not him.”

It is a stab. Baekhyun can’t believe he is hearing Kyungsoo saying such hateful words. 

“Just leave Baekhyun. I don’t need you. We are not friends anymore.”






Much like yesterday, Baekhyun wakes up peacefully but his heart is in plain agony. Exactly like yesterday, text messages from his classmates in Seoul are all left unread. Just like yesterday, he stays at his house not bothering that hours away from home, classes are on-going. But same as yesterday, one lifeless looking person comes barging into his house with a plastered wide smile on his face. Similar to yesterday, breakfast is served by Baekhyun’s aunt and he and the lifeless looking person eat silently together. 

But unlike yesterday, this time, Baekhyun has finally started to smile.

“This is one of the best breakfasts I spent in my entire life.” The lifeless looking person utters while munching on his bacon. “Because I get to spend it with a smiling you.”

“So, you’re my ultimate my best friend now, huh?”

As Baekhyun utters the words; the lifeless looking person isn’t lifeless anymore because Chanyeol feels rejuvenated, he feels he is given a new life. 

“I’m never happier.”



***



Surely, another door opens for Baekhyun. He is too depressed when in just a blink of an eye; his most treasured friendship has ended drastically. Kyungsoo is not just a best friend, he is a brother but Baekhyun has to deal with changes because changes are constant and so is moving on. Maybe destiny has a say in everything because though he had lost a friend; his bond with Chanyeol got stronger and he promised to keep it no matter what.

Despite the distance, Chanyeol and Baekhyun never failed to communicate with each other. Their friendship isn’t perfect, it has flaws. They experience detours and humps along the way but at the end of the day, the both knew, they will always have each other.

It has been 3 months since Baekhyun had seen or talked with Kyungsoo. In those three months, Baekhyun would always feel something missing, something was not in its place but every regret is quickly washed away by Chanyeol’s laughter and assurance. Chanyeol makes up for the missing pieces. Chanyeol fixes the broken pieces.

Despite the distance, Chanyeol never fails to communicate with Baekhyun. Despite the distance, they never felt far away from each other.


From Chandumb:
Pssst

From Baekie:
Hey, how was it going?

From Chandumb:
You’ll be here in month! THANK GOD FOR VACATION!!!

From Chandumb:
oh, and I’m never better. :)

From Baekie:
How was your date? I’m telling you, be serious.

From Chandumb:
We broke up.

From Baekie:
The ?!!

From Chandumb:
I don’t love her. HAHAH. Wait, you busy? I’m going to call you.




***



Months have passed, hundreds of messages, hundreds of calls, some misunderstandings; plenty of stories, Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s friendship has gotten stronger.

From Chandumb:
I hate you!!!

From Baekie:
Sorry. Will make it up to you on our winter break :)

From Chandumb:
Psshhhh!!!! Why did you have to enrol in summer classes?

From Chanbdumb:
Aren’t you acing your subjects?

From Baekkie:
I wanted to try out this music course too. Will visit Busan once the classes are all over, okay?

From Chandumb:
Fine. But you’ll make up for it. I need food. BTW, how is school?

From Chandumb:
You busy?

From Chandumb:
HEYYYYY!!!!
From Baekie:
I’m still in class. Text you later. :)





***




From Baekbaby:
Lulu! Where are you?

From Ludeer:
Here at Xiumin’s Why?

From Baekbaby:
Is Chanyeol there?

From Ludeer:
Yes, band practice. Why?

From Baekbaby:
I’m here at the station. Will surprise Yeol for his birthday. Told him I wouldn’t make it.

From Ludeer:
OH MY GOD!

From Ludeer:
OH MY GOD!

From Ludeer:
You !

From Ludeer:
Wait! I’m going to pick you up.

From Baekbaby:
Thanks :)

From Ludeer:
Change of plans, Sehun will pick you up. Can’t leave band practice.

From Baekbaby:
Okay. DONT TELL CHANYEOL!

From Ludeer:
I know.

From Ludeer:
You’re the sweetest. Chanyeol will be so happy.




***




Chanyeol lies awake on his bed. He’s happy because band practice has been cancelled which means he has a lot of time for himself but he’s sad, well, who is he kidding, he is eaten alive by a depressing mood. It’s his birthday and all he gets is a weak birthday greeting   from his cousin Sehun.  He is supposed to invite the boys over to have some drinks but as soon as Xiumin announced the practice is cancelled, everyone run off to God knows where. He tries calling Luhan but dismisses the thought.
He sighs into oblivion and decides on just making some dinner for himself. His parents have been on a business trip and his older sister is studying abroad.  The house is quiet, almost too quiet. 
The unforgiving seconds ticks by with still no sign of anyone - not even a call or a text message. Baekhyun remembers, right? He then recalls Baekhyun message a day ago Went on a retreat, no phones allowed. :( Text you after a few days. Chanyeol once again sighs; even his best friend can’t even greet him. 
This isn't like Chanyeol, not at all, he isn’t the one to mop around but what the heck it is his birthday and no one bothers to call or greet him. He checks out the newly cooked noodles but suddenly loses appetite.
He decides on sleeping but before Mr. Sandman can lull him to sleep, a phone call comes.
“I’m outside.” Sehun says at the other end of the line, “I forgot my keys.”
Chanyeol groans but gets out of bed. He’s muttering curses about Sehun leaving him behind and then only calling him because he forgets something and all kinds of profanity. He reaches the door with an angry look plastered on his face.
Chanyeol's eyes widen as a boy suddenly gathers him into a bear hug, "Happy Birthday!" 

Chanyeol can feel a tingling in his spine. Baekhyun lets him go and is grinning widely at him. 
He barely recognizes anything for a few seconds aside from Baekhyun because of the surprise he’s feeling. 

“Happy Birthday” comes a group greeting from his friends which wakes him up from his trance. Baekhyun is still flashing him a wide grin while he now recognizes Xiumin holding onto a cake; Luhan clutching on paper bags, Chen has the drinks while Sehun has a smug look on his face.
He decides he needs to punch Sehun before the day ends.

“I hate all of you.” Chanyeol utters but quickly turns around while subtly wiping some tears from his eyes but never in a million years will he admit that he cried.

When everyone are settled in inside, Chanyeol makes it towards Baekhyun and secretly hugs him in a corner and whispers, “Thank you.”

It is one of Chanyeol’s most treasured memories.




***



4 days.
Baekhyun’s has been busy for the past days because his birthday is in four days. Invites has been sent out, food has been ordered so as the drinks. As much as he is excited to celebrate, a part of him is a little sad because he won’t get a chance to spend it with his friends in Busan.

Unexpectedly, his phone buzzes and recognizes the caller name as Ludeer.

Baekhyun gets the best news of the century.

From Baekkie:
Chanyeol!!!!

From: Chandumb:
WHAAAT??
From Baekie:
Why didn’t you tell me, YOU ARE COMING HERE?!!!!

From Baekie:
You’re coming to my birthday! You ARE GOING TO VISIT ME HERE IN SEOUL!!!!!

From Baekie:
WHERE ARE YOU AND SEHUN STAYING????

From Baekie:
YEOL??? MOM SAID YOU CAN STAY WITH US!!!!

From Chandumb:
WHO THE TOLD YOU!!!

From Baekie:
LUHAN!! AND WHEN ARE YOU PLANNING ON TELLING ME? IM YOUR BESTFRIEND, IM SUPPOSED TO KNOW. YOU’RE HIDING THINGS FROM ME!!!

From Chandumb:
HOW THE DID LUHAN KNOW?

From Baekie:
OH MY GOD!

From Baekie:
IT’S A SURPRISE! OH MY GOD!

From Baekie:
It’s so sweet YEOL! OH MY GOD! YOU’RE GONNA SURPRISE ME!!!

From Baekie:
OH MY GOD!!!

From Baekie:
DONT KILL LUHAN!

From Baekie:
CHANYEOL ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!

From Baekie:
CHANYEOL!!!!



***





Park Chanyeol:          What’s with your facebook status?
Byun Baekhyun:        WHAT?
Park Chanyeol:          You’re getting emo and stuff
Byun Baekhyun:         My classmates are getting on my nerves
Byun Baekhyun:        :(
Park Chanyeol:          WHY?
Park Chanyeol:          They’re really nice when I met them during your birthday party.
Byun Baekhyun:        hey’re pretty good people but they kept on insisting things that irritates me
Park Chanyeol:          what is it?????
Byun Baekhyun:        /sighs/
Park Chanyeol:          WHAT?!!!
Park Chanyeol:          ????
Byun Baekhyun:        they keep on claiming you and I are a couple!!!!
Park Chanyeol:          HAHHAHAHHAHA
Park Chanyeol:          HAHAHAH
Park Chanyeol:          THAT’S SO FUNNY!!!
Byun Baekhyun:        At first, it was but they don’t shut up!
Byun Baekhyun:        It’s annoying!!!
Park Chanyeol:          It’s kind of cute though
Byun Baekhyun:        WHAT THE HELL?
Park Chanyeol:          Maybe we’re soulmates ;)
Byun Baekhyun:        Give me a moment, Im going to puke.
Park Chanyeol:          WHY! IM HANDSOME!!!
Byun Baekhyun:        YOU ARE NOT!
Park Chanyeol:          SAYS WHO?
Byun Baekhyun:        SAYS ME!
Park Chanyeol:          We’re going to be a cute couple
Byun Baekhyun:        /gags all over my laptop/
Byun Baekhyun:        eww
Park Chanyeol:          WHY DONT YOU WANT ME!!!
Byun Baekhyun:        YOU’RE A MANWHORE!
Park Chanyeol:          OUCH!!!
Park Chanyeol:          HAHHAHAHHA
Park Chanyeol:          But seriously though, it will stop eventually.
Park Chanyeol:          Just ignore them.
Byun Baekhyun:        trying my best!
Park Chanyeol:          good!!!!! That’s my best friend.
Byun Baekhyun:        I always tell them
Byun Baekhyun:        Best friends should never fall in love with each other.
Byun Baekhyun:        I’m right, right?
Park Chanyeol:          yes.
Park Chanyeol:          of course.




***




The hands of the clock tick by so fast, Baekhyun barely remembers everything. Moments pass by like blur and he still remembers deadlines, dates and times. It has been a year and a month since he left Busan to study. It has been months since he last saw Kyungsoo. The pain still lingers for the sunken friendship but the happiness he’s feeling continues to escalate as his friendship with Chanyeol gets deeper. They have shared more than dull stories, they share experiences, they share life challenges and detours.

Baekhyun’s on his way home to Busan but it isn’t the usual trip. This time, he hates going home, he loathes it.

This is one of the painful and tiring train ride Baekhyun ever experienced. He doesn’t want to get out but he has too.

Chanyeol smiles brightly at him, he’s waiting at the train station. His best friend trying so hard to possible out sadness from him but Baekhyun returns it with a weak smile as he feels his heart tightening even more.

Chanyeol walks to him and hugs him, his face buried in Chanyeol’s test. “Everything will be alright, okay?”

Baekhyun let the tears fall once he felt Chanyeol’s chest.

Baekhyun’s aunt had experienced a car accident which cost her life.

“The funeral is in two days.”

“Mom wrote the letter for the university. I’ll be here the whole week.”

“I’m really sorry.”

 

“Are you sure, you’re okay?” Chanyeol’s face is full of concern.

“Yes.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun are still at the cemetery even after the people went home. They stayed even after the sunset. Baekhyun doesn’t want to just leave because his aunt has been with him since he was little. He considers his aunt as his parent.

It’s already nearing ten and both of them is supposed to be scared because they’re the only ones left on the cemetery but Baekhyun feels too much grief that he forgets where they are; Chanyeol feels too much worry over Baekhyun, he tends to stop thinking about where they are.

“I think we need to go home.” Baekhyun says out of the blue.

“I’ll take you home.”

Before the two of them left their positions, a sudden meteor shower appears in the sky.

It’s the first time in a week Chanyeol sees Baekhyun smile so brightly.

He feels something in his stomach.

It’s scary.

 

 

 

 


a/n: Hi guys! This story is written for Memoirs of Chanbaek, you can check our LJ account and tumblr too. I havent given any author's note when I posted this on LJ. Hahaha. But I'd like to share some things and trivias about this story. This story is based on a true stroy. I had to change some things but the changes are  very minimimal . The real life 'chanyeol and baekhyun' really communicated through textxts and calls and through the internet, they would spend their night talking with each other about stuffs and anything that they want to talk about. That's how they friendship work, despite the distance, they have shared an awesome bond. Im going to make this fic longer than the one in LJ, I think I needed to add some stuffs so this will be the extended version and I really really want to change the ending. SO who knows, the ending of this story might differ from the original one. you'll understabd why, ill tell you on my last Author's note for this story. 

thanks guys.