Insidious

  「 𝐒𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐋𝐘 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒 」 — brought to you by sparklygayassglitter ┊est. 04/22/14 ⤿ 𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒: 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍 & 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

첫 눈 celebrate with us!

첫 눈 celebrate with us!

⊱ currently open and accepting.

⊱ est. 15 April 2021 on mewe.

⊱ oc, literate, supernatural au.

 

all species info.

the black market

city locations

character skeletons

― ⊱ UPDATE 12/20/21 ⊰ ― We are currently celebrating our eight month anniversary with a winter event! Please join us as Insidious takes a lighter approach in our universe.

― ⊱ INSPIRATION DISCLAIMERS ⊰ ― This roleplay is inspired by the following shows: The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, The Legacies, and American Horror Story. Typists do not have to watch these shows to join or understand the roleplay's culture. The inspiration is mainly taken from certain elements in the show that pertains to supernaturals but we will be providing definitions and detailed explanations on our species pages for your understanding and clarity. With that said, the roleplay's storyline will only be inspired by the shows but will not follow the shows' plots and storyline.

― ⊱ ROLEPLAY INTENTION ⊰ ― If you are looking for a place to relocate your fully developed muse, Insidious is not the roleplay suitable for them. We aim for storytelling that is unique to our universe's set up and due to the supernatural concept of our roleplay, we wish to prevent muses that are already too powerful, to begin with. The Black Market system will level all the species on the playing field so no species is inferior to another and will keep things fair.

― ⊱ NOTE ⊰ ― The locations and other creations in the roleplay are not accurate representations of the real New Orleans city but we have taken inspiration from it. Everything in this roleplay is fictional.

before you join

before you join

Insidious: The Prologue

Insidious: The Prologue

 

― ⊱ THE LORE ⊰ ― Since 2010, mysterious disappearances and murders began to take place all around the world. These incidents were not only horrifying but unexplainable to anyone who was unfortunate enough to witness it. Not a single case could unfold the truth but they all had one thing in common: the victims of these incidents all happened to be supernaturals. Gradually, several supernatural species began to get wiped off the face of the earth; species such as necromancers, elves, and even magical animals went extinct. Not only were they disappearing into thin air, but the remaining species were beginning to experience weakening and, eventually, the disappearance of their powers with time. Ultimately, people caught on that someone or something was passing judgment on supernatural beings and slowly demolishing every species in existence.

Although the force responsible for these acts remained a mystery, its agenda became alarmingly clear day by day. It’s the year 2021 now and only six species remain: vampires, werewolves, witches, pixies, demons, and water spirits but the horrendous stories have instilled profound fear in these remaining individuals. They know they’re next, that they won’t be dismissed, nor forgotten. By now, solace is a concept foreign to them but they’ve managed to escape to New Orleans, the birthplace of all Magic, where it all began. It is the only place known to protect the supernaturals from this unknown evil force and the only city on earth that allows them to retain their supernatural abilities as long as they remain within the city. Though they’re not entirely free from all worries inside the city either.

Residing in New Orleans is daunting and comes with its own fret. The remaining supernatural species are forced to fight for their kind as the last bit of the magic remaining in New Orleans can only be extended to one kind. Years of supernaturals becoming a mere myth humans told their children meant a prevalent decrease in what these supernaturals all had in common: magic. The safety net New Orleans offers is only temporary. The city itself is a ticking time bomb, for its magical barrier and remaining power will vanish one day. Centuries ago, by some miracle, these different species had agreed to coexist in peace. But nothing remains the same forever. The chapter turns to a new page and everything they had built is erased. Whether these vampires, werewolves, witches, pixies, and demons agree to the fight or not, it must take place if they wish to go down in history as the last remaining species. The humans residing in New Orleans are about to witness events they’ve never seen before in their life. Will it be a good show they live to tell? Or will their own downfall become another piece of the supernaturals’ story? Only time will tell.

New Orleans awaits.

the cast

the cast

 

males

ATEEZ

Jung Wooyoung, Park Seonghwa.

BTS

Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung.

EXO

Kim Junmyeon, Byun Baekhyun, Park Chanyeol, Kim Jongin, Oh Sehun.

NCT

Jung Jaehyun, Mark Lee, Yuta Nakamoto, Na Jaemin, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul.

N'UEST

Choi Minki.

SHINEE

Lee Taemin.

SEVENTEEN

Hong Joshua.

STRAY KIDS

Hwang Hyunjin.

THE BOYZ

Choi Chanhee, Lee Juyeon.

ACTORS, MODELS

Moon Jongup, Mark Tuan, Kim Woobin, Seo Kangjoon, Nam Joohyuk, Park Seojun, Kim Jaewook, Wang Yibo, Xiao Zhan, Wang Zhuocheng, Gong Yoo.

 

females

DREAMCATCHER

Kim Minji.

LOONA

Ha Sooyoung, Jung Jinsoul.

MAMAMOO

Ahn Hyejin.

RED VELVET

Kim Yerim, Kang Seulgi, Bae Joohyun.

ACTRESSES, MODELS

Mary Elle Fanning, Lee Sangbi, Son Chailee, Gong Seungyeon, Mathilda Mai, Im Jinah, Kim Chungha, Nat Cmiel, Seo Jisoo, Kim Hyanggi, Ahn Heeyeon.

     

⊱ The First Snow ⊰ ― After a young, inexperienced witch’s spell goes astray, New Orleans is covered with snow for a week. The white frost transforms the city into a Winter Wonderland, where the citizens briefly have the opportunity to craft snowmen and have snowball fights. The lake freezes over and the residents are granted the chance to ice skate. Like their friends in the North, they too will have to worry about slipping on the slick sidewalks and cleaning snow off their vehicles. Hopefully, many can adapt and don’t complain to the pixie queen, causing some innocent sky pixie to get scolded.

⊱ The Winter Gala ⊰ ― Though the Clan de Elysee’s Winter Gala is usually a private affair, after the terrifying illness that plagued the city, they have graciously opened the event to all as a celebration. However, even in a moment of kindness, some witches don’t shirk the opportunity to indicate to the other supernaturals that this city belongs to them as they have resided in the city longest, matched only by the Eclipse Pack Werewolves. Due to a strategic push by some of the coven members, the gala will take place at one of the grand estates that have been owned by the coven for generations. Luminaries and ornate trees welcome well-dressed guests to the castle-like manor. There there are encouraged to drink the best wine and cocktail, enjoy the brilliant menu, unwrap their gifts, and dance for a night to remember.

⊱ Saint Nick ⊰ ― It’s rumored that Saint Nicholas was a witch who came to be known for his generous gifts to the poor, especially to impoverished children. In the spirit of giving and remembering such an iconic witch, the witches have enchanted all the gifts at the gala to contain something specifically curated for the receiver when they unwrap the present.

⊱ Swan Lake ⊰ ― Like for the Clan de Elysee, it’s tradition for many to attend the ballet during this season. This year, the theatre is bringing back a classic, Swan Lake.

⊱ The Gift of Lights ⊰ ― While the city is adorned with lights, the botanical gardens have a grand display that showcases everyone’s favorite scenes from various fairy tales for an unforgettable experience.

current event

from 12/15/21 to 12/31/21

1

general guidelines

 

basic etiquette of the roleplay

 

― ⊱ RULE ONE ⊰ ―

Insidious is a literate, original character, plot, and story driven roleplay. If you’re not fond of muse development and literacy, our community may not be the perfect fit for you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter