Relationship

Relationship

Your eyes traveled up from the shoes you bought him for Christmas two years ago. That pair of shoes that still could last for two year unlike this relationship. His gaze roved over his Rolex watch. It’s five in the evening and you were still not at sight.

Unlocking his phone, he browses through the message app - you didn’t reply to his last message. A worried expression starts to grow on his face. His black locks blocking his veer, his voice that completely melts you when he serenades to you at nights, Sunggyu…

A vibration from your pants made you rivet your attention from him. It was Sunggyu calling you. You contemplate in picking up his call. He should not know you are here, you were just checking if Sunggyu was at the cafe. Since his here, you breathe in relief you switch off your phone and walked away from him. Even though knowing that if you were given a chance again you would still turn your back never to return.

 

Staring at the numbers printed on the papers - that you’ve been scanning the whole day made you puke at its sight. You shoved away the papers and stood up, stretching your aching bones. Feeling thirsty you decide to drop by the convenience store below; grabbing your purse you went down. Entering the store, you buzzed towards the chilled drinks and grab a bottled of grape juice. You gulped down a few of it while bobbing to the music as you trotted to the counter.

"This new song is good right?"the counter lady started a conversation. You curtly nodded in reply, waiting for your change.

"The boys are quite famous these days! What was the band called again…Aish! I forgot the name again...” said the lady

"THIS boy band!"she exclaimed, taking a magazine behind her.

You quickly noticed it as a popular magazine called High Cut and there were seven boys on the cover. Your eyes widened at seeing a familiar face. That very same lip that once kisses your body with passion and those endearing eyes you see every morning. Sunggyu.

"Ahh…INFINITE. They are amazingly good" you commented, taking the bag of your bought items.

The lady returned your change and bid you goodbye. You thanked her and walked out of the store. Shivering at the weather you pulled the coat over your shoulders tightly. You walked slowly to your home dragging the time to go back to work. You were looking down at the foot prints on the snowy tile till you bump onto something soft. You looked up. Instantly you regret going down to the store that night.

"Finally…I found you"

"Come in" you said to Sunggyu, switching on the heater. You make your way towards the kitchen and boiled some water to make for him tea.

"Tea would be okay for you, right?" Silence.

"Gyu?"you said, checking the water. You frowned at his silence.

"GYU?" your voice one octave higher, but he kept silence. You turned towards the living room, but your vision was block.

"I miss you so much…" said Sunggyu, showering kisses on your face. You sighed, pushing him away but he grab your arms caging you on to the table top.

"Sunggyu, stop. Please…" you pleaded, when his kissed travels down to your neck and his hands moves to your pants peeling it away from your skin.

"SUNGGYU STOP!" you shouted, pushing him hard making him stumble towards the kitchen island. His fringe covered his solemn eyes staring at you.

"I’m sorry, Sunggyu. We are not in a relationship like before. We are not dating or even screwing each other"

"I need you, please", he pleaded, kneeling down on the cold tile floor. You shut your eyes at his actions. No. You should not be moved by his actions, if not all the efforts you have gone through will be gone to waste. You kneel down on to the floor - your hands caressed his cold face wiping those tears trails on his cheeks. Tilting his head towards you, you contemplated on the words that you have to say.

"Sunggyu, why do you want to save this relationship?"

"I love you so much. You are so precious to me. I want to save this relationship”, you shook your head at his words, and he grabs your cold cheeks stopping you.

"But, I want to know why you left me that night, six months ago. Leaving me without any trace of you neither any reason, what happened?”

The conversation was leading to the direction you were avoiding. It will just bring conflict to one another. You stood up and walked towards the door.

"Leave, Gyu. It’s not good for you to be here. The boys will be worried"you said desperately getting him out from your house. You regret bringing him in but it was cold outside.

"It’s my break period. I have all the time in the world." he said, walking towards the sofa making him comfortable before asking you to join him.

"Now. Talk." he demanded you with the Leader Gyu tone he often use towards the members.

"There’s nothing to talk about. Leave. Now."

"No."

"Sunggyu, please leave now. When I’m asking you nicely.”

Sunggyu shook his head and ignored you.

"YA! KIM SUNGGYU!"

"NO I AM NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU TELL ME EVERYTHING! Seat here and tell me now. Or, I would not leave."shouted Sunggyu. It was the first time seeing Sunggyu acting this way. Without avail, you obeyed his orders. Shutting the door and sat on the sofa seat furthest away from him as possible. The sounds from the clock ticking at every second that pass made you nervous at the words you have to explain to him. It’s now or never.

"I’m not worthy of your love, Gyu. I don’t have anything I can give you. I want you to love someone who is worthy of it. Someone from your area of expertise not a freelance editor. Someone that you will feel proud to introduce and someone that the public would agree to. Someone that…” Your words trailed off, when you saw anger and rage flash on Sunggyu’s face. You gulped nervously.

"You are worthy to me. The best thing God has given to me" said Sunggyu. You shook your head.

"We shouldn’t have dated, Sunggyu. Those expectations. Those judgements. I can’t handle to be in the public eye. This relationship, I can’t continue it. I’m sorry."

After a few moments of silence, Sunggyu nodded at your words. He stood up from the sofa taking his phone from the coffee table. He walks towards the door, opening it then shutting it.

You sat there feeling the pain Sunggyu felt six months ago. Cold. Heartbroken. Lonely. Only Tears were flowing down on your cheeks showing how love could turn both of your worlds around.

Sunggyu falls down to the ground, his tired body rested against the door as tears starts streaming down his cheeks.