The Picture Of Us

Call Your Name: LevixPetra

The house was quiet due the others being outside, Hanji with her research,Jean tending his family of horses and the others laying around waiting for their orders from the captain. Then there's the captain, in his office, working on paperworks. 

"Petra, where's my coffee?" 

Levi called out to his late comrade out of habit. He called out to her a few times until he came to realization that she won't be there anymore, offering him coffee and keeping him company. He observes his surroundings, it was unusually quiet. He got up to his feet and went to the kitchen to make his own coffee. He look up at the cabinets and drags a chair for him to step on and look into the cabinets for a coffee jar. But it was nowhere to be found. Then he looked into the cabinets below him. There it was. He stared at the coffee jar in his hands, wondering why it's down there when she usually place it in the upper cabinet. Levi shook off the thoughts and started opening the jar to make coffee.

-Flashback-

Petra was in the kitchen as usual, making coffee for them. It was one of the days they spent indoors doing paperworks instead of hunting titans. Levi noticed that Petra was having a hard time opening the jar. He kept trying to look away, but he kept glancing at her. In the end he walks towards Petra and took the jar from her. Petra looked at him in surprised, but was awed by his strength by opening the jar.

"T-thank you" she beamed and gave him her usual bright smile. 

-End of flashback-

He never knew he would miss her, it was unbearable. He misses her smile, her voice and kindness. Even though his expression didn't change no matter what emotions he's feeling. He was already used to suppressing his feelings. Levi places the coffee jar back onto the counter, and roamed around the house aimlessly until he found himself in Petra's room. It was kept clean, just how he likes it. He always told her to always keep the place clean. He looks around, remembering when she was still here. But it did feels like she was still there, Levi felt like she would come back like usual. But he knew, she would never come back. His heart ache at the thought, but his expression stayed the same. He walks towards her desk and opens her drawer, to find a brown colored diary. It had her name her name written in black pen, it was smudged. A piece of paper falls out as he picks the diary, he glanced at the fallen piece of paper. It was a picture of the team, a picture of six of them when they just joined the Survey Corps. All of them were smilling bright, except himself. Petra was next to him smilling sheepishly as if embarrassed. Levi's expression darken as he felt his heart throbbing. He bent down to pick up the picture and look at it closely.

"Levi?" 

He instinctively hid the picture behind his back when Erwin called out to him. He didn't know why he did that, when he didn't have to hide it.

"What?"

Levi answered coldly at his commander. Erwin look at him and around the room in surprised.

"Didn't expect you to be here"

Levi slid the picture into his back pocket.

"Well...i just thought of cleaning. Look at this dust"

Levi said rubbing his fingers. He lied. Even though he didn't have too. Erwin look at him in disbelief, but pretends to believe him. Levi walks out without another word as Erwin look at him in sympathy.