Part One

No Limit

 

 

 

Chanyeol is not obsessed with Baekhyun, or at least that’s what our protagonist said, or rather yelled, to the whole school using the PA system, which by the way, is a major offense so he rotted in detention by the end of the day. But no, that doesn’t stop him from smothering his obsession—or love as he calls it, even though the opinion of the entire student body is very far from that—over the shorter brunette. It doesn’t bother the rest of the student body either, well not anymore, because Baaekhyun rejecting Chanyeol has been a normal routine in their everyday lives. Everybody thought that in between the third and fourth rejection, Chanyeol would’ve stopped chasing Baekhyun around but it has persisted to a total of 90+ rejections and there are a lot more days left to add in each day that he gets rejected.

In some ways, his patience and dedication are endearing but nobody should experience that much rejection especially if they’re from the same person. That’s what Chanyeol's friends keep on telling him but if it’s about Baekhyun, there isn’t really right or wrong for him.

Like they said, he’s obsessed in love.

 

 

The cafeteria was loud, like it always is, before Baekhyun came in and Chanyeol, as expected, approached him before the brunette can even find a seat. All eyes were immediately on them, although the students watched as discreet as possible because apparently it made Chanyeol anxious (as if he didn’t get rejected enough).

Baekhyun just stared at his face, his stupid smile and his stupid big ears. Chanyeol looked oddly excited to get rejected again. Sometimes Baekhyun thought he’s a masochist emotionally but that wouldn’t work for him either since that could mean he’s sadist.

“So, Baekkie—“ Yep, after the 64th successful rejection, he now calls him Baekkie. “Have you ever wanted to be an astronaut? There’s a newly opened space—“

“No. Go away.” Baekhyun deadpanned before walking past his admirer.

Surprisingly enough compared to the usual “Leave me alone Park Chanyeol. I’m not interested” it degraded to three words. The students shook their heads, some bringing up their phones to edit their tallies of the number of times Chanyeol got rejected before going back to eating.

Chanyeol’s shoulders are slumped while walking back to his table.

“And, the end.” Luhan teased.

“What else is new?”

“How many times has he been rejected again?” Kyungsoo intervened with absolutely the purest of intent.

“About 50 times in this cafeteria.”

“And the overall?”

Luhan looked up and thought for a few seconds before turning back to Kyungsoo who had his eyebrows crooked. “Let me get back to you on that.” Jongdae chuckled beside him.

“Not funny, guys.” Chanyeol murmured from his spot.

“Really? I thought with the number of times you’ve been rejected, you’re doing it because you think it’s fun now.”

Chanyeol ignored his friends’ continuous mockery and turned his head towards Baekhyun’s table. He’s eating with a few of his familiar classmates. In some days, he eats alone. Sometimes he aeats with his friend, Tao. He’s quiet. His classmates were all sorts of noisy but he’s quiet. He would occasionally laugh with them and listen to their conversations but wouldn’t involve himself much further. He’d seen him do that a lot of times. But the important thing was that he’s not alone today. That meant Chanyeol could look away free of worry but whenever he does, he'd miss Baekhyun turning his head to glance at him.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s mind was always far up above the clouds. He liked his seat in the classroom the most because it’s beside the window so he could freely look outside and forget about the pressure of the classroom for a while. The air was always good. The faint laughter mixed with endless chatters from the ground was his music. And oh how he would want to keep this place forever.

“And, as always, our top scorer for Midterm is Byun Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun heard his teacher but didn’t turn his head until after a few seconds. His classmates were clapping and smiling at him. He saw some who were annoyed, some who were also vying for the title. He stood up, as quietly as possible, and walked to the front to get his test paper. He got a 99. What's new?

“Uwaaa~ I bet he’s going to apply in one of those prestigious schools,” He heard one of his classmates say to his seatmate while walking back to his chair. “Man, if I had the same brain I’d probably try Harvard.”

“You’re stupid. Harvard’s standards are too damn high.”

Baekhyun just stared at his paper, ignoring the indistinct chatter all around him.

“Didn’t he say he wanted to be a singer?”

“Ehhh???”

“Ya, Baekhyun!” Baekhyun turned to the person sitting in front of him. “You want to be a singer right?”

Baekhyun glanced at a few people around him who were into the conversation. He’s not sure what answer was appropriate this time. He would always get away with saying ‘Maybe’ or ‘I don’t know’ but whatever he 'd answer this time would start a whole new topic and he didn’t want to be stuck in a long conversation.

So he went with, “I’m still thinking about it.” And hoped that their interest in the topic would diminish.  But as expected, it didn’t. However, he was saved when the teacher called for the students' attention, forcing them to look away and leave the subject to diminish by itself.

School ended for the day with the teacher reminding them of their essay paper due next month. Of course his classmates would be ignoring the reminder until the deadline is only a few hours away. But he’s different, he's already thinking about his and the words he’s going put together in that piece of paper.

The air was colder once he’s out of the building. He rubbed his hands while regretting leaving his coat at home. The news said that the days would be colder this month, but the sun was out this morning so he oddly assumed he wouldn’t need his coat. Nevertheless, he had to get home quickly.

He walked straight towards the gate, not bothering to turn his head to anyone or anything. He was just that apathetic. However, he could never be apathetic towards a certain tall, blond-headed man standing by the gate. There was never a need for him to turn his head to see Chanyeol because he’s just there where he’s looking. Always.

But he ignored him. He walked past him and ignored him, which wasn't new but it didn't mean he liked doing it.

“How was school today?” Chanyeol asked from behind. This wasn’t new as well.

“The same.”

“AH! You were top again this midterms right?” Baekhyun just nodded. “You’re so amazing, Baek!”

Baekhyun cringed and stopped.

“You’re so smart! I wish I could be as smart as you! I bet you’ll get accepted to a prestigious school! Ah, but when you move away I wouldn’t be able to see you anymore.”

“Shut. Up.” Baekhyun murmured and Chanyeol blinked at him.

Always, always the same thing. The same tone of voice, the same smile…it annoyed Baekhyun that he wouldn’t give up. “I’m sorry,” Baekhyun said eventually. “You can stop following me now.” He resumed walking but was once again halted when he felt warm fabric slowly masking over the cold on his bare skin.

“I don’t like seeing you cold.”

Chanyeol had put his coat on him.

“Next time, please don’t forget to bring your coat.”

In a state of confusion, Baekhyun could only clench on the edges of the coat. He didn’t look at the taller male because he didn’t want to see how Chanyeol looks at him. But it didn’t persist any longer when Chanyeol boldly took his hand and pulled him with him when the said giant started walking.

“Come on. We can’t stay out here. It’s also getting dark.”

Baekhyun’s home wasn’t far from school; so that’s the up side in this however, the downside was Chanyeol holding his hand. Chanyeol was warm. He always knew that. But he didn’t like the warmth. It’s something people who are alive should feel not him, no; he’s not alive. He’s dead. He’s practically dead, just a functioning body with no soul. He didn’t understand how someone could see him in another way and give him this kind of warmth. Baekhyun thought he’s not worth it.

They had walked like this enough. “Let me go.” He said and it was only then that he realized that Chanyeol was telling him some sort of story.

“Baekhyun—"

Baekhyun saw his house at the corner of his eyes so he immediately drew his hand back. He lowered his head as he walked around Chanyeol and towards the gate.

“You really reject everything I do for you, don’t you?”

Baekhyun stopped with his hand already on the gate.

“Well, it doesn’t matter!” Chanyeol announced. “It’s not like I’m going to stop, anyway!”

Why, Baekhyun thinks, why would you say that?

“I don’t care.” Baekhyun said as he hurried inside. Chanyeol just watched until his back disappeared behind the door.

 

 

 

 

 “It’s that boy,” was the first thing Baekhyun heard from Yixing when he came in. “I don’t come home this early anymore so I don’t see him that much but I thought by now he’d given up chasing you around.” Yixing continued with his eyes still lingering outside the window.

Baekhyun took off his coat—no, Chanyeol’s coat. He forgot he’s wearing Chanyeol’s coat.

Yixing finally looked away from the window when Chanyeol started to leave. He noticed Baekhyun’s expression. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

Baekhyun turned to him. “No, nothing.” He immediately took off the coat and placed it on top of the couch.

Yixing kept his watch while leaning his torso against the back of the couch. “Do you still keep on rejecting him?”

Baekhyun looked distracted. “What?”

“Chanyeol. Do you still keep on rejecting him?”

Baekhyun nodded once. “What about it?”

Yixing frowned. “B…”

“I don’t want to hear it.”

“I know it’s been hard for you this year, with what happened to your parents and all but…I hope you let yourself be happy.”

Happy sounded toxic to him. Happy didn’t define him anymore, not like how it used to, and what’s sadder than that was to be kept on reminded of the bits of yourself in the past that isn’t there anymore. He’s sick and tired. The only thing that kept on waking him up in the morning was the feeling that he’s getting closer to his due date.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun likes mornings. In his everyday boring and quiet routine, he likes waking up the most. The air is cold; the environment is quiet. It’s his kind of solitude. At 5 AM he stands by his window with his DSLR around his neck waiting for the sunrise to snap pictures of it. He doesn’t know where or how it started but he has taken at least a hundred by now.

His daily routine never changed. He, himself, would say it’s boring. In weekends, he would wake up at 10 AM then start studying at 1 PM until dinnertime. During school days, he would wake up two hours before the start of class so he could take his time preparing his things and grooming himself. After about thirty minutes, he goes downstairs to eat (only when he feels like it) and when he doesn’t, he leaves early so he can walk to school slowly, feeling the cold air against his skin. He likes mornings the most. He looks up at the sky waking up, and he always feels calm. This day was no exception.

“Do you think he’ll come?” was the first thing Baekhyun heard from Yixing after arriving at the living room. He turned to the latter and saw him batting some eggs at the kitchen. He ignored his guardian and proceeded to the shoe rack by the door.

Baekhyun never liked thinking about what if’s, especially if it's about Chanyeol.

Yixing appeared behind him just in time he finished putting on his shoes. “B—“

Baekhyun immediately grabbed his sling bag and avoided Yixing’s gaze as he stood up. “I’m going.” Yixing didn't say a word as he watched Baekhyun disappear behind the closing door. Nowadays, Baekhyun seemed to refuse having to get confronted about his wellbeing but Yixing was just worried about him. Besides, he’s the only one left to watch over him now. He just wanted to see Baekhyun smile.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun blinks in shock as he stands halfway towards the gate. He’s gripping the sling bag around his chest and he can’t seem to take his gaze away from what or who's in front of him.

“Good morning, Baekhyunnie!” Chanyeol greets him with his unfading big smile.

“What…what are you doing here?” Baekhyun breathes out, still in a state of surprise.

“Taking you to school, silly! Did you think I wouldn’t come today?”

“You never come.”

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun’s puzzled face and smiles. “Most of the time, when I get here, you already left. But I try to catch up with you and when I do, I just follow you silently. I know you don’t want to walk with me but seeing your back just a few distances away is fine for me.”

“Do you think he’ll come?” Yixing knows. He sees Chanyeol every morning.

Baekhyun clenches his fist. “You don’t have to do that.” Why would someone like Chanyeol show so much affection towards him? It’s infuriating.

“No use telling me that now!” Chanyeol says enthusiastically while grabbing Baekhyun’s hand in a quick motion, pulling him with him outside the gate. “Come on, you don’t want people catching up on us!”

Baekhyun is speechless as Chanyeol continues to hold his hand. His hand is warm, like it always has been, and Baekhyun wonders how someone can be so warm and happy.

Baekhyun quietly catches up with Chanyeol’s pace. Chanyeol glances at him from time to time but Baekhyun’s always so apathetic, only looking ahead. He’s like a walking ghost, redeemed only by Chanyeol’s warmth. The morning slowly becomes brighter and more and more people are taking up the sidewalks. They were quiet from the moment they left Baekhyun’s house until they arrived at the gate of the school but neither of them disliked it.

“Hey, Baekhyun, can I ask you something?” Chanyeol says as they enter the school grounds. There are only a few students walking around so Baekhyun doesn’t feel a bit bothered conversing with Chanyeol.

But he rolls his eyes at the taller. “Are you going to ask me to go out with you? It’s too early for rejection, don’t you think?”

Chanyeol lets go of Baekhyun’s hand to scratch his head while laughing. “You really don’t like me do you?” Baekhyun doesn’t look at him. “But maybe just one date! If you still don’t like me after that then I won’t bother you anymore! I promise!”

“I can’t.”

“What? Why not?”

Baekhyun heaves a heavy sigh. “I’m boring. I’m plain. I’m weird. There are other girls, even guys, who are more suited for you.”

“Maybe I like boring, plain and weird. Just like you.”

“I still can’t.”

“You’re single. I’m single. We’re a perfect match!”

“The only perfect match here is the soil and your hair.” Baekhyun starts walking towards the building, ignoring Chanyeol altogether. He hates this type of conversations.

Chanyeol chuckles as he follows Baekhyun. “Come on, Baekhyun. What does a man have to do to spend time with you?”

“Nothing. Because I won’t.”

Chanyeol stops his pace and watches Baekhyun walk away.

Baekhyun likes mornings. He looks up at the sky waking up and he feels calm. But maybe looking at someone else would be nice too. It’s a line he’s not willing to cross because he doesn’t like change. He can’t let anyone break into his world, his lonely and quiet world, because he can’t take pulling other people into the same sad path he’s been in for a long time, especially Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

 

“Finally, it’s Friday!” Lu Han says loudly while leaning his head on top of Baekhyun’s desk. “Where are you going later after school?”

“Home.”

Lu Han gives him a face. “Home.” He mocks. He sits up straight. “Come on, Byun Baek! You’ve always been up for parties. Jongin’s having a party tonight, you should come!”

“I can’t.”

“Yes, you can.”

Baekhyun sighs. “Even if I can, I still won’t.”

“Oh dear, what happened to you? You used to be everywhere. Now you’re just school and home. I’m surprised your books haven’t swallowed you yet!”

“If you’re going to insult me, try harder. That doesn’t faze me anymore.”

Luhan gasps. “Oh, no! I’m not trying to insult you I swear! I’m just trying to get you to come out of your shell!”

Baekhyun sees something at the corner of his eyes. “You don’t have to do that. You and your friends should just leave me alone. I don’t need any of your concern.”

But we used to be friends. Luhan thinks but doesn’t say. “Fine. But if you ever change your mind, I’ll be here.”

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan walks out with a huff. “Sorry baby boy, I tried.” He says to Chanyeol and the rest outside. “Alright, you monsters, pay up.”

Sehun makes a face at him. “We bet you would be able to talk him to come!”

Luhan pinches his ear in exasperation. “You try talking to him then!”

“Aw! Hyung it hurts!”

Luhan glowers at him before letting go. Jongdae and the others have already taken out their cash so Sehun was forced to do so as well.

Jongdae rests an arm around pissed-off Sehun’s shoulders, pulling him with the rest as they start to walk. “Don’t worry kiddo, we’ll be having fun at Jongin’s party tonight!”

However, Chanyeol's rather pre-occupied with something else…again. Not that it was new anymore. He kept looking Baekhyun at from a distance even though the latter doesn’t even notice him. Baekhyun was biting his lips and looking down. His hands were fisted. For a moment there, in Chanyeol's point of view, it looked like Baekhyun was slightly regretting something and it was peculiar for him to see such emotion from the latter’s face.

“Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol turns to his friends who are waiting from a distance.

“Come on!” Luhan yells with an arm gesture.

He takes a quick glance at Baekhyun before finally walking away, missing Baekhyun turning his head towards his direction, trying to get a glimpse of him.

 

 

 

 

“Alright! Junmyeon just messaged me that he’ll come as well!” Luhan happily announces to his mates while dropping on the couch. They’re all at the old clubroom that nobody really uses anymore after the new building opened.

“What about Kris?” Jongdae asks though his eyes are still fixed on the game he’s playing with Sehun.

“He said he’d be late.” Luhan answers before noticing someone snoring from behind the couch. He sits up to look in curiosity but what was he expecting, really? “Look at this guy. He’s throwing a party tonight yet he’s here sleeping on the floor.” He snarls at Jongin’s sleeping face before sitting back down.

Then he accidentally looks at the tally board of the number of times Chanyeol has been rejected by Baekhyun they set up for fun. There’s almost no space to write another white line. He turns to Chanyeol who is sitting by the window, staring outside, waiting for something. Maybe it’s time that someone finally confronts him about his unhealthy obsession towards someone who doesn’t and who will never acknowledge his presence. Chanyeol deserves better than that.

Luhan takes a deep breath. “Chany—“

“He’s coming out!” Chanyeol yells enthusiastically before grabbing his bag and running towards the door, almost stepping on Jongin but manage to avoid him at the last minute. And in a matter of seconds, he's out of the room.

Luhan's left staring helplessly at the closed door. “Do you think if Baekhyun dies, he’ll stop?”

Jongdae snorts. “He’ll probably still follow him to the grave.”

Sehun laughs hysterically. “Then he’ll get rejected for eternity!” Jongdae laughs as well, putting their game on pause.

Luhan grabs the pillows and throws them at the two.

Jongdae and Sehun grabs the pillows for revenge but when they turned Luhan's nowhere to be found. He already left the room.

“Did he get mad?”

“If he did, it’s your fault.”

Sehun gasps. “WHAT?!”

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol arrives at the gate just in time Baekhyun’s about to ignore him.

“Baekhyun, let’s go eat!”

“I’m not hungry.” Baekhyun says while walking past him.

Chanyeol follows closely. “T-then let’s go shopping!”

“I don’t like shopping.”

“How about we watch movies then?”

Baekhyun stops to glare at him. “I told you I’m not going to go out with you.”

“Let’s just hang out then! They said Superman was really good!”

“I hate Superman.” Baekhyun tells him before walking first.

“Me t—wait, you hate Superman?” Chanyeol asks in surprise while following Baekhyun.

“I hate Superhero movies in general.”

“What? But they’re awesome! They save a lot of people and they have cool superpowers!”

“Doesn’t matter. In the end, they’re on their own. Yeah they save a lot of people but they can’t save their loved ones. They still end up alone.” Chanyeol blinked at him and Baekhyun soon noticed the silence and sighed. “See? I told you this will never work—“

“I like it.”

“Huh?”

“I like it, your preference. It’s different. You’re not boring. You’re interesting.” Chanyeol continues as he smiles at him. “I like that.”

Baekhyun looks away.

“So if you don’t like Superhero movies, what kind of movies do you like then?”

“I don’t need to tell you. More importantly, don’t you have other things to do?” Baekhyun tells him, wishing he’d get the message that he doesn’t really want him around much longer.

“It’s a harmless question~” Chanyeol hums playfully.

“…I hope you let yourself be happy.” Baekhyun crooks his eyebrows. He doesn’t really appreciate having to remember Yixing’s words at this time.

“Oh dear, what happened to you? You used to be everywhere.” It’s not my fault. I’m the victim. Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol who hasn’t stopped staring at him. Do you ever get sad?

“Byunbaek?” Baekhyun wants to snap at him for the nickname but it's of the least importance right now. He looks away. Chanyeol hears him mumble something. “What?” He asks, trying to get him to say it clearer.

Baekhyun just looks at him again and then sighs.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol gulps. He doesn’t know how he ended up in a parking lot, sitting on top of an unfamiliar car (though Baekhyun seems to know the owner) and looking up at a huge screen where a movie is being played but he’s with Baekhyun so that’s about alright.

“A Walk to Remember.” He remembers Baekhyun saying earlier and he smiles. Baekhyun notices him smiling to himself but chooses to ignore it. Chanyeol clears his throat. “I didn’t know there was a place like this.”

“You’re not the first one.”

“Do you come here often?”

Baekhyun only nods in response. His focus was on the movie. After noticing so, Chanyeol started to focus on the screen as well. “I’ve never seen this movie before.”

Silence comes after. It’s as if Baekhyun never heard him. Well, it’s not that surprising. It’s fine as long as he gets to spend more time with Baekhyun.

But then Baekhyun suddenly turns to him. “What? You’ve never seen this movie before?!”

So Chanyeol was a bit taken aback by the sudden interest displayed on Baekhyun’s face. “I—uh, yeah…I guess.” He stutters in surprise, trying hard to keep his composure.

“That’s absurd.”

“Is it your favorite movie?”

Baekhyun looks away, suddenly getting shy. “You could say that.”

“YA IT’S BAEKHYUN!”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun turn to a group of four guys approaching the car, most of which looks dangerous to Chanyeol. But Baekhyun smiled at them. “Hey.”

“How are you feeling lately, Byun?”

Baekhyun warns them with his eyes and it was only then that they noticed his stranger of a companion.

“I mean, the weather’s not getting warmer! I hope you haven’t caught a cold!”

Chanyeol sees a tall dark man with prominent eye bags leaning close to the car. “Who’s your friend?”

Baekhyun focuses back on the huge screen. “Chanyeol.”

The group paused at once. After a few seconds, the tall dark man suddenly chuckled. “So, that’s him.”

Chanyeol’s ears twitched. For some reason he felt shy at the thought that Baekhyun had mentioned him to his friends. Baekhyun, who for the past two months, has been countlessly rejecting every bit of his confessions.

A girl, sporting bright blonde hair and looked rather jolly, ran towards Chanyeol’s front. She suddenly leaned in, surprising the taller male. The reaction gave the girl a good laugh. “Baekhyun has told us a lot about you!”

Chanyeol was left speechless. He never expected he’d hear that phrase ever in his life with his record of countless rejections.

“And a whole lot of other stuffs.” Baekhyun says at the side in which nobody really cared about.

“Though he left out the part about you being a total hottie.” The girl continued, sending a flirty wink at Chanyeol, only to be interrupted by Baekhyun’s feminine hand gently slapping her face away.

Chanyeol felt a hand grab his, pulling him down from the car at the same time. Baekhyun was pulling him away from his friends, refusing to provide any explanation until they had reached the road where Baekhyun finally let go of his hand.

“Baekhyun?”

“I’m going home. I’m hungry.” Baekhyun says, turning his back, ready to leave.

Chanyeol immediately followed him. “Wait! Why are you going home? We can go to a nearby store and grab something to eat!”

Baekhyun stopped walking. “Don’t you have somewhere to go?” Chanyeol blinked at him. “Jongin’s throwing a party right? I can go home on my own.” He turned around again but Chanyeol immediately grabbed his hand. When Baekhyun looked back at him, he was raising his hand calling for a cab.

“Chan—“

“Did you really think that I’d leave you here now that I finally have the chance to hang out with you just to go to some stupid party?” The cab arrives at the side and Chanyeol looks down at him with a smirk. “Please, Baekhyun, you underestimate me.”

Baekhyun can feel his heart beating fast. He surely wasn't expecting that kind of response.

Chanyeol opened the door and tilted his head. “Come on.”

Baekhyun didn’t have the courage to decline, which sounded funny even for him especially after two months of constantly rejecting the man. But Chanyeol’s voice sounded so inviting and now that he had looked at him, at his honest face, Baekhyun couldn’t find it in himself to reject him this time.

So he was left with no choice but to go inside.

He really shouldn’t have looked.

Chanyeol followed suit while naming some place to the driver, which Baekhyun didn’t hear because he was too caught up with his thoughts. It’s a strange place to be at right this moment, to be sitting beside Chanyeol like this, he sure never imagined something like this would ever happen.

 

 

 

 

 

They arrived 15 minutes after. Chanyeol had paid the cab fare for the both of them and Baekhyun didn’t really feel the need to resist. He recognizes the store. He doesn’t come to this place often but it’s not foreign to him. He’s been here occasionally, days he can remember that are out of his reach now.

“Come on.” Chanyeol said while grabbing his hand.

Baekhyun quietly looks down at his delicate hand entrapped with Chanyeol’s big and warm hand. Chanyeol seemed to be holding his hand a lot lately and Baekhyun resents how he could let that happen.

He’s scared one day he’ll stop.

He’s scared one day he’ll let go.

“Welcome sir—Ah! Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun snaps his head up after realizing they’re inside the store now.

“Noona!”

Baekhyun blinked. “Noo…na?” He turned to the lady in front of them and almost gasped. She’s like a carbon copy of Chanyeol.

Baekhyun felt Chanyeol’s grip on his hand tighten. He was excited. “Ah, Baekhyun, this is my sister, Yura.”

Chanyeol flinched at Yura’s loud shriek after seeing Baekhyun. She immediately pulled the boy into her arms and squeezed him in excitement. “So cute!” Baekhyun was blushing all over his body.

Chanyeol immediately grabbed his sister’s arm. “Noona!” He yelled as he tried to pull his sloth of a sister away from Baekhyun’s tiny body. “Don’t scare him!”

“Aish, spare me this time. You always tell me stories about him but never once introduced him!” Yura redirected her attention towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun noticed she has the same smile as Chanyeol. “Hey, did you know? There isn’t a day when Chanyeol doesn’t talk about you!” She happily announced but judging by Baekhyun’s reaction… “But I have a feeling you already know that.”

Baekhyun couldn’t hide his faint blush, which Yura noticed and giggled.

“Stop talking already!” Chanyeol whined, displaying absurd childhood jealousy and took Baekhyun’s hand, leading him to a table beside the glass walls.

Yura disrupted their peace once again when she came to take their orders but nothing of which was worth complaining for, in Baekhyun’s opinion, because he had never experienced this kind of relationship between siblings. There are people who are really born lucky.

“Chanyeol, why did you take me here?” Baekhyun asks, looking at Chanyeol with eyes full of curiosity. He always gets the same feeling, the same urge. Whenever he looks at Chanyeol, he can’t help but feel curious about the taller. There’s always something that’s pushing him towards the boy.

Chanyeol smiled before answering. “You may not know this but this was where I first saw you.”

Baekhyun twitched.

“I was with my friends. It was raining heavily so we were all stuck here. We were celebrating something…uh…Jongin’s coming out!” Chanyeol chuckled. “You were alone. You sat in that table at the corner and you looked quite sad. I didn’t mind at first but I couldn’t stop looking at you when I saw you for the first time. Jongdae even offered you a hot pack that time after noticing you were shivering from the cold. You didn’t bring your coat. Typical you. Then when I finally decided I wanted to at least talk to you, you got up and you left. So I didn’t mind. Then…I saw you at school.”

Chanyeol remembers it well. He remembers the feeling he felt when he saw Baekhyun walking in the hallways, that instant heartbeat, warning him of more to come. He was instantly mesmerized. He didn’t know how someone can love someone they only saw once. But even at that time, he was sure of what it was. And it never changed until now.

To Baekhyun, he was just another stranger in the hallways.

“And a week later, I got my first rejection from you!” Chanyeol acknowledges that he almost sounded proud of that but he wasn’t ashamed of it either. “Ah, well, maybe not something someone should be proud of but I don’t regret every confession I did. Besides, remember, I set up balloons, even paid the school band, and disturbed a soccer practice only to get rejected. That’s pretty funny right?”  He grins widely, hoping he doesn’t look too pathetic in front of Baekhyun but he seriously doubts that. Until after a few seconds…

“Heh.”

Baekhyun giggled.

The mere sight of Baekhyun, with his back arched slightly and his hand on his chin, smiling and giggling was enough to make time stop for him, everything else irrelevant, with Baekhyun the only thing that matters.

“You’re stupid.”

Chanyeol was frozen in his spot.

Ah…

It’s strange indeed.

It’s actually possible…

…for a person to love someone a little over the limit.

He can stare at that smile forever.

 

 

 

 

 

Amidst the sound effects coming from the TV screen from Sehun and Jongdae’s game and Jongin’s blasting speakers at the corner while practicing his dance, a loud slap on the back of the head courtesy of Luhan can be heard. The three only glanced and shrugged at Chanyeol’s face glued at the table after getting hit by Luhan’s huge magic since Luhan hitting someone with his huge magic and that someone being Chanyeol is not really a rare sight.

Chanyeol curled in pain before finally standing up towering over Luhan. “WHAT THE F—“

Luhan pushed the into his wide-open mouth to immediately shut him up. “WHERE THE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT?! I CALLED YOU SEVERAL TIMES AND YOU TURNED YOUR PHONE OFF ON ME! HOW DARE YOU?!”

“Ah…” Chanyeol murmured before pulling the out and giving it back to Luhan who snarled instantly after seeing the bite mark on the material. “About that…”

Luhan looked back at him.

“I was with Baekhyun.”

In an instant, the three who were previously busy in their own world, had their eyes on him. The noise suddenly died down, even the air coming in from the outside seemed dead.

“Ha. Did you hit your head or something because I can totally forgiv—“

“No, I’m not joking!” Chanyeol immediately took out his phoe and showed Luhan his wallpaper. “My sister took this.”

Jongdae, Sehun and Kai slowly crawled up from the floor closer to Chanyeol’s phone to get a clearer look of the picture to confirm because there is an absolute need to confirm such matter.

It showed Baekhyun and Chanyeol on a table, chatting. A candid shot of Baekhyun and Chanyeol chatting in the Park's restaurant.

“Holy .” It’s legit.

 

 

 

 

 

OHorat @sehunthegreat BYUN BAEKHYUN AND PARK CHANYEOL FINALLY WENT ON A DATE!!! pic.twitter.com/923879ur8

                @coolcatmeow14 @sehunthegreat OMFG

                @RiksiRixa @sehunthegreat IS THAT PIC REAL

                @Overlord_nim @sehunthegreat did he blackmail Byun or something? No, seriously?

                @chancumed @sehunthegreat Miracle of the Century.

                120 more replies…

                @pcysuperman @sehunthegreat YOU BRAT!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

“I see you’ve finally accepted his proposal, Baekhyun!”

The moment Baekhyun took one step inside the classroom, his classmates had immediately crowded around him, all of them talking at the same time. Even so, they had one common topic: him going out with Chanyeol. It also didn’t help that some of his classmates were constantly showing him the candid shot of him and Chanyeol sitting on a table. Not only that, it’s from Twitter, which means the whole school already probably knew about it. Suddenly, the thought of everyone knowing made him panic and with heat slowly growing inside his body in embarrassment, he fled out of the room and ran away as fast as he can.

He heard the school bell ring in the process and stopped as soon as he noticed that the hallways have gone empty. Like this, alone and quiet, is fine. He didn’t know what he'd do if he had to experience something like that again. Nonetheless, he shouldn’t have run.

Clutching his chest, he took a deep breath, no matter how painful it was, and slowly made his way towards his locker.

He resents how pretty reckless it was of him to let Chanyeol tag along that Friday night. However, there was no use regretting about it now because that night, he remembered being happy as well.

He finally reached his locker but even before he can touch the steel, a voice echoed in his ear.

“Are you leading him on?”

Baekhyun turned to find the source of the voice and saw Luhan leaning against the lockers, arms crossed in front of his chest, looking at him with those eyes.

“What?” Baekhyun asked.

“Chanyeol. You’ve been rejecting him for God knows how long, so why now?”

“I’m not leading him on.” Baekhyun says after the question finally sunk it. “And I don’t need to explain myself to you.”

Baekhyun turned away, holding the lid of his locker, when Luhan suddenly grabbed his arm. “If it’s pity, I suggest you stop now. I don’t want to see him get hurt.”

Baekhyun immediately pulled his hand back. “Like I said, I don’t need to explain myself to you.” He didn’t like this kind of confrontation. He didn’t like every bit of this conversation at all. But he didn’t have much energy left to run away like earlier.

Then he saw the comfort room behind Luhan. Maybe he could at least make it to the comfort room. He doubts Luhan would still follow him inside to pester him for whatever he’s accusing him of. At least he hopes so.

“I don’t care what you think, Luhan. You should do the same to me as well.” Baekhyun said sharply before walking away, his eyes set straight to the men’s comfort room.

However Luhan wouldn’t budge. He had never seen Chanyeol this in love with someone before so he was scared of what it will do to him when all else fails. Baekhyun was…unstable. Somehow, no matter how much he pushes himself, he just can’t see them happening. It’s just not possible.

He decided to follow Baekhyun to the comfort room.

“Byun Baekhyun, I’m not done w—“ He yelled as he pushed the door open only to be greeted by an empty and quiet room. He took a step and then he looked down immediately at the sight of a pale Baekhyun unconscious on the floor. He immediately sat down. “Baekhyun?! Baekhyun!” He yelled, shaking the brunette’s pale fragile body. After getting no reaction, he decided to carry him to the infirmary.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun can hear a guitar tune.

So raw it’s beautiful.

“Stop singing, Luhan. You’ll wake him up.”

“I thought you want him to wake up?”

“Yeah but not with your ugly voice.”

“Rude.”

It’s been a long time since Baekhyun heard a tune as beautiful as this, with no influence of editing or modifying, just bare tune coming out softly with each strum of the guitar from nothing but pure ability.

Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes. His eyesight was blurry at first until it eventually became clearer and a familiar face took up his vision. “Hey.”

Baekhyun unconsciously lifted up his hand, so desperate to touch his face. Am I dead? He can hear himself laughing sadly in his head. Did it finally take me?

“Oh look at that, he’s alive.” Luhan deadpanned.

Baekhyun snapped.

Apparently not.

Baekhyun immediately withdrew his hand after realizing and a playful smile displayed on Chanyeol’s face. “How are you feeling?” Chanyeol asked while sitting back down, placing the guitar aside. “Do you want some water?”

“Here.”

Baekhyun turned at his other side. Luhan offered him water before he could even reply to Chanyeol. “Thanks.” He said awkwardly while taking the cup. Luhan then leaned against the wall, with his arms across his chest. That image is going to stay forever.

“Um,” Baekhyun started while turning back to Chanyeol. “What did the nurse say?”

Chanyeol blinked at him. “Oh, uh, she said you were stressed, that’s all. Maybe because exams are coming up. Also, that you should ingest more iron in your body.”

Baekhyun felt relieved. “I see.”

“She said you’re allowed to go home.”

“Oh,” Baekhyun sat up. “Then I need to get my bag—“

“I’ll get it!” Chanyeol announced happily, slightly surprising the smaller male. Really, he should be used to this now.

“You don’t have to do that. I can get it on my own.”

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said softly. “What did I say about underestimating me?”

Ah. This guy really…

“Just stay here and wait for us to come back!” Chanyeol yelled with a large smile while pulling Luhan with him.

Baekhyun clutched his chest. He doesn’t deserve me.

 

 

 

 

 

“I should’ve given this back earlier. Aish.” Luhan silently cursed while playing with Baekhyun’s phone. He’s walking back to the infirmary now after remembering about the certain item he kept in his pocket. It slipped out of Baekhyun’s pocket when he carried him up and somehow Luhan had forgotten about it. He refused to blame Chanyeol for suddenly pulling him like that but he is partly at fault too. He sighed.

He opened Baekhyun’s phone. He knows it’s disrespectful to open someone else’s phone but really, with the amount of suspicion he has, even morality can’t stop him.

There’s not much on his phone. His image gallery had only three photos all of which are unfamiliar faces. His messages, however, was much more interesting. There’s only one person who’s constantly sending him messages. “Yixing.” He read out loud. He opened their conversation.

Did you take your medicine?

Have you eaten?

It’s past 12. Go to sleep.

Did you take your medicine?

Luhan crooked his eyebrows as he continues to scroll down further. They’re all the same thing. Not just that, the messages was sent at certain times, it's almost as if they have a certain schedule.

“Medicines?” Is he sick? Luhan wondered in his head. “Probably just some vitamins.” Which would make sense after witnessing Baekhyun faint today. He closed Baekhyun’s phone after noticing he’s already near the infirmary.

“Are you taking your medicines?”

Luhan stopped just as he was about to push open the door and immediately moved to the side, his back leaning against the wall. He didn’t hear another word after a few seconds.

“Baekhyun,” He heard the nurse say softly. “You can’t keep on fainting like this.”

How many times has he fainted? Luhan wondered.

“You don’t want other people to worry yet you’re not taking care of yourself properly.”

“I’m sorry. It won’t happen again.” Baekhyun finally spoke.

“That’s what you said last time.”

“Did you tell Yixing?”

“I didn’t. But this will be the last time.”

Luhan left almost immediately. Somehow, he felt that something’s not right. He’s probably just reading too much from it but there’s no helping. He decided to give Chanyeol Baekhyun’s phone instead when he bumped into him in the hallways and walked away immediately. There’s something he needed to confirm.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan watches Chanyeol put a protective arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders as they walk past the gate. He’s watching from the window not too far from them. The sun was already setting and the rays were dipping over Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s backs as they leave. They were perfect. He didn’t know why he even doubted in the beginning. They had always looked perfect together.

Once he made sure they were far enough, he turned to the lockers behind him.

“What? Baekhyun’s locker combination?” He remembered asking Jongdae earlier, which the later answered sarcastically. “There’s no way I’d know that. They don’t put that somewhere in the internet.”

He sighed. There were actually times when Jongdae was useless. However, it seemed like the heavens were on his side since Baekhyun’s locker was slightly open from earlier. He seemed to have forgotten to close it before he went to the comfort room, which, thinking about it now, looked like a mere opportunity for Baekhyun to run away, which was probably his intention.

He touched the lid and slowly opened Baekhyun’s locker fully.

 

 

 

 

 

“Studying?”

“Yeah! Finals are already next week. Wouldn’t it be great if you two studied together?” Luhan was weirdly giddy this morning. The other three could see that he was plotting something but of course Chanyeol would be oblivious to it since his sole attention was only directed at Baekhyun and no one else. “I mean, you’ve been flanking your exams from prelims—“

“Shh! Don’t say that out loud!”

“The whole school already knows, ! Of course Baekhyun already knew that!”

“Still! Your role as a friend is to make me look cool!”

“Sadly, you’re stuck with Luhan.” Jongdae interrupted from across him.

Luhan glared at Jongdae before going back on topic. “Anyway, my point is, Baekhyun has been topping since he enrolled in this school, he might actually help your poor academic records!”

Chanyeol sighs as he turned to Baekhyun who was sitting beside him. Nobody really knew when Baekhyun started hanging out with them, but nobody really minded. Although it has now became the new topic of the school after overturning 'The Number of Times Baekhyun Has Rejected Chanyeol' and 'That One Time Baekhyun Didn’t Reject Chanyeol'.  “How about it? Is that okay with you?”

Baekhyun looked up while still munching on something, which Chanyeol found extremely cute. He shrugged. “I don’t mind.” He said after swallowing his food. “Although I’ve never tutored anyone before.”

Luhan felt happy tears coming. “He understands you're dumb so much Chanyeol, you’re a lucky bastard.”

“Stop making him think I’m an airhead!”

“In which he really is, by the way.” Jongdae said immediately, with Sehun and Jongin nodding in agreement.

“YOU GUYS!”

Baekhyun giggled. Friends are nice.

At least, you’ll still have them, right, Chanyeol?

 

 

 

 

 

“Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa—“ Chanyeol whispered in awe, stopping almost immediately when he noticed Baekhyun looking at him. He couldn’t help it though. He’s inside Baekhyun’s room!

Baekhyun’s bed!

Baekhyun’s bathroom!

Baekhyun’s study desk!

Baekhyun’s wardrobe!

Baekhyun everywheeeeeeeeeere—

Baekhyun stared at him. “You look like a ert.”

Chanyeol immediately burst out laughing. “Forgive me!” He looked around without losing his grin. “Well, it can’t be helped. I’m inside Baekhyun’s room after all.” A smirk.

Baekhyun immediately covered his chest.

“It’s not like that!” Chanyeol immediately denied while blushing. “Ah Baekhyun~ why are you like that~ I haven’t gotten to that part yet~” He continued with his hands on each side of his chin, still blushing like some high school girl.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun called flatly. “You’re acting weird.”

“Ah, what are you talking about? This is not weird at all! I’m just simply delighted to be here in your room!”

Baekhyun continued to stare at him. He simply didn’t understand his visitor's, or rather his admirer's, delight.

Chanyeol chuckles at him. “I know you don’t get it. Well,” It’s one-sided after all. “You don’t have to. The only thing you have to know is that I am really happy that you showed me your world.”

“It’s just my room.” Baekhyun deadpanned.

“Ah.” Chanyeol felt like a knife just stabbed his poor lonely heart. Suddenly the energy died down. Even Chanyeol’s Happy Virus couldn’t counter this lack of enthusiasm. Baekhyun was amazing.

“But…” Baekhyun started off in a whisper; Chanyeol almost didn’t catch it. “I’m glad you’re happy.”

Chanyeol, once again, was frozen in front of Baekhyun’s smile.

Really…

You just surpass my love for you every time.

There’s no such thing as a limit anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongdae sighed. “Luhan, you can stop pacing now, it’s been 15 minutes.”

Sehun broke free from his cave of pillows. “There was a time limit?!”

Jongin rolled over, closing in to the edge of the bed. “It really feels weird studying without Chanyeol.”

Sehun turned to Jongin beside him. “Aren’t you too late in realizing that?!”

Luhan tsk-ed, his face looking as serious as ever. “I’m just worried about Chanyeol and Baekhyun.”

“Nobody asked you?!”

Jongdae grabbed Sehun’s neck and then forcefully stuffed Luhan’s magic inside his mouth. “You’ve been striking us a lot with your non-existent honorifics lately, you first-year brat. Don’t think we’re not the slightest bothered by it. I need to educate you.”

“Ya! Don’t use my magic so carelessly like that!”

“Did somebody say Chicken?” Jongin asked lazily.

“THAT WASN’T EVEN CLOSE TO CHICKEN!”

“Chicken?”

“KJSGFUDSFHIUSEHEWIUTH!!!”

“So, as I was saying…” Luhan started off again, clearing his throat, apathetic at the sight of his friends on the floor with prominent bumps on their heads as a result of a blow from Luhan’s huge magic . “I am worried about Chanyeol and Baekhyun.”

“Are you worried they’re not studying because I don’t think…I mean…with Baekhyun…”

“No, not that. What if there won’t be any progress after this…”

“That’s why you suggested that they study together?!”

“Well why else would I suggest that?!” Luhan yelled back. “Did you really think I was concerned with Chanyeol’s grades? Hell that guy’s hopeless! I wouldn’t bet a single penny on the possibility of him landing on the Top 10! Even a dog will cry looking at his academic records!”

“Luhan is pretty scary after all…” Jongdae murmured and the other two nodded quickly. “Well, there’s no way we’ll know if some progress has happened so I—“ He paused after seeing Luhan grab his phone. “You’re calling Chanyeol?!”

“Is that even a question?!” Luhan gave him a snob, turning his back while waiting for Chanyeol to answer.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was looking at Chanyeol’s phone before turning to the latter whom he found snoozing with his head on his palm. “Chanyeol.” He didn’t get a reply. “Chanyeol!” He yelled this time and Chanyeol almost hit his head in shock. Chanyeol looked around him in confusion and Baekhyun only sighed. “Your phone’s ringing.”

“Ah!” Chanyeol immediately grabbed his phone to answer and turned his back against Baekhyun. “Hey, Luha—”

“What took you so long?!”

Chanyeol flinched at Luhan’s cringing voice. “Sorry I fell asleep.”

“WHAT—WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SLEEPING?!”

“Look, I know you’re concerned about my grades and all but you don’t really have to get so worked up—“

“I’M NOT WORRIED ABOUT YOUR GRADES IDIOT!”

Chanyeol pulled the phone away from his ear. “Huh, then why…”

“I’m being a good friend here! You’re all alone with Baekhyun now this is your chance!”

Chanyeol suddenly blushed all over his face after seeing images flash in his mind. “WHAT. WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!”

Baekhyun stood up. “I’ll bring up some snacks. Do you want anything?”

Chanyeol gave him a nervous smile. “Anything is fine!” Baekhyun nodded before walking out of the room. “Look, Luhan, I may be hopelessly in love with him but there’s no way I could violate his delicate body!”

“…who said anything about getting intimate?”

“……”

“OH MY GOD YOU ACTUALLY HAVE THOSE KINDS OF THOUGHTS ABOUT HIM!”

“WH-WHAT’S WRONG WITH THAT?!”

“YOU NAUGHTY LITTLE LOVER BOY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Sehun did you get that?”

“WHAT SEHUN WHAT???”

His phone suddenly buzzed and he opened the screen to check his notifications.

 

OHorat @sehunthegreat “I may be hopelessly in love with him but there’s no way I could violate his delicate body!” – wise words from Master @pcysuperman

                @coolcatmeow14 @sehunthegreat LOL says who

                @banubino @sehunthegreat aren’t you such a

                89 more replies…

                @lame_berry @sehunthegreat ur is safe byun lol @bbhyun

           

“SEHUN YOU ING BRAT!!!! FRIENDSHIP OVER!” Chanyeol threw his phone on the floor in anger.

The door suddenly opened and Chanyeol saw Baekhyun holding a tray on one hand while looking at his phone on his other hand—wait.

“Hey, Yeol, somehow people kept linking me Sehun’s status…does this have something to do with me—“

Chanyeol was so fast when he grabbed Baekhyun’s phone that the smaller male didn’t even have time to finish his sentence. Baekhyun blinked at Chanyeol in confusion. “…You have a twitter account.”

“Huh? Uh, yeah I do.”

Chanyeol suddenly sniffed in tears. “I’m so obsessed with you yet I didn’t know you have a Twitter account! I’m such a failure! I’m sorry my beloved!”

Baekhyun kicked Chanyeol’s in reflex after seeing such a pathetic act. “Would you stop? Besides, it’s not like I use it anyway. You probably didn’t know it was really mine.”

“Then why does everyone else do?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Jongdae, maybe?”

“Ah!” Chanyeol yelled in sudden realization. “Of course! That gossip king!”

Baekhyun chuckled at him, greatly entertained by his various expressions. This was the first time a person had shown him various expressions. It hurt his heart but Baekhyun couldn’t stop feeling of wanting to see more of Chanyeol’s expressions. He wanted to look at him forever.

“Hey, you smiled again.”

Baekhyun was frozen the instant he realized Chanyeol had been staring at him with those gentle eyes.

Why?

Chanyeol grinned at him.

Why do you look at me like that?

Baekhyun immediately looked away. “So…”

“Hm?”

“The post…does it have something to do with me?”

“If I said yes, would you hate me?”

“How would I know? That’s why I’m asking!”

Chanyeol leaned his head on his palm again, with his arm on top of the table, as he continued to stare at Baekhyun. “Well, yes. I am obsessed with you after all, so having those kinds of thoughts are inevitable.”

“Y-you…”

“But I'd never do anything you hate, so no matter how much I want to kiss you right now, I won't cause you mean so much to me and I don't want you to hate me."

Baekhyun’s heart was beating so fast, it didn’t make sense. Chanyeol had always been so kind to him. No matter how much he pushed him away and crushed his hopes every time he confessed, he still looks at him the same way. It didn’t make sense that someone like him could love someone so hopelessly like this.

Baekhyun leaned down to where Chanyeol was seated, closer and closer until his lips touched Chanyeol’s. Everything that surrounded them had ceased to exist. Baekhyun was trembling, obviously, after doing something so bold while Chanyeol, Chanyeol just felt immense excitement. Baekhyun was too close and he could taste him. He could feel Baekhyun’s hair brushing against his forehead. This kiss was everything he’s ever dreamed of, no, maybe even better than that.

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling him closer with no intention of letting go. Baekhyun gasped when he suddenly felt Chanyeol’s tongue dancing against his. He had completely lost his strength that he dropped the plate he was holding and the cake fell on the floor.

Chanyeol slipped his hands under Baekhyun’s shirt and Baekhyun pulled out of the kiss, gasping from the sudden contact on his back. He felt completely sensitive. “Ch-chanyeol…”

Chanyeol pressed kisses on his neck. “So white…” Baekhyun’s skin was so white, so beautiful he couldn’t help but wanting to taste more. “Chanyeol…stop…”

More.

More.

“I SAID ENOUGH ALREADY!” Baekhyun yelled in anger and hit Chanyeol on the head.

Chanyeol curled on the floor with his hands on his head trembling in pain. “My head…”

Baekhyun heaved an irritated sigh. He knew Chanyeol probably just got carried away and that he’s partly at fault but after his monologue earlier he should’ve expected this.

“Baekhyun, you’re so mean…” Chanyeol said while pouting, making Baekhyun glare at him. “I’m already hard!”

Baekhyun kicked him out of the room for real this time.

 

 

 

 

In the end, Baekhyun couldn’t really let Chanyeol sleep outside so he let him in after some time though he refused to talk to him. Chanyeol was depressed throughout the night, even now he’s still thinking about it. Baekhyun had already turned off the lights and was probably sleeping right now. Chanyeol had his own mattress on the floor.

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun’s bed. Judging by his position, with his back facing him, Baekhyun really was mad. And that made Chanyeol more depressed.

“Hey, Baekhyun, are you really asleep?” Silence. Chanyeol sighed. “I’ve probably said this a hundred times now but I really am sorry for what happened earlier. I got too excited. I just love you so much that after touching you, everything I’ve been holding in just exploded.” He sighed again. He was too caught up with his sadness that he didn’t realize Baekhyun has turned his body to the edge of his bed and leaned down, kissing him, again.

It was too dark. Chanyeol couldn’t see his face. He can only feel his lips and his hair brushing against his face.

“I know.” Baekhyun said hoarsely after breaking the kiss. “But right now…I can only give you this much. Even I am confused…so until I figure out what to do after this…please settle for a kiss.”

It’s too much. It’s already too much. Baekhyun started leaning back up but Chanyeol immediately sat up and grabbed his shoulders, pulling him into a tight hug. “Chanyeol…?”

“You…you do this every time…” Chanyeol mumbled against Baekhyun’s neck.

“What?”

“I love you so much.  I just…love you so much…”

Baekhyun smiled. “Enough already. You’ve been saying that since—“

“I don’t care. I’ll say it as many times I can.”

Silence came after that but it was a comfortable silence. Even until now, what this person was showing him, for Baekhyun it was all too overwhelming. He noticed the dim light from the windows and glances outside. The moon was beautiful. Chanyeol’s feelings…were beautiful. Baekhyun would do anything to make it last.

They didn’t know how long they stayed like that before they finally went to sleep but even so…the night they spent together was the most beautiful night.

 

 

 

 

Luhan was grinning proudly at everyone in the hallway after hearing of Chanyeol’s progress that night with of course half the credit to “Matchmaker Luhan” who owns a magic .

Though they were more worried about Chanyeol seeing as he had been in a daze all day, daydreaming while blushing like a little girl.

“Was his kiss really that good?” Luhan asked at lunchtime.

Jongdae snorted. “Luhan, there’s no way you would understand the feeling of kissing the one you’ve been chasing for half of your school life.”

“Yeah right back at you. Didn’t you get rejected by Baekhyun? And then you gave up? Are you jealous of Chanyeol now? He got to kiss the guy you were never able to—“

“Shut up!”

“Ah…it was his first kiss.” Sehun said out of the blue.

Chanyeol snapped. “W-W-W-W-W-W-WHAT?! WAIT I FORGOT TO ASK HIM THAT! WHAT IF IT WAS REALLY HIS FIRST KISS!”

“It was.”

“NO WE CAN’T BE SURE! SOMEONE WITH THAT FACE HAS SURELY…” Sehun showed him his phone screen.

 

OHorat @sehunthegreat @bbhyun Hey Byun, did that happen to be your first kiss?

           @bbhyun @sehunthegreat Ah he told you? >///<  I didn’t think about that…but yeah it was

 

Chanyeol immediately snatched Sehun’s phone. He even used a blushing emoticon! Ah my heart!

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY

“F-F-F-F-F-F-F-F-FIRST KISS!”

“CONGRATULATIONS!!!” Luhan, Jongdae and Sehun yelled in excitement while clapping and dancing all over the place.

“My friend…you have done well in life.” Luhan said while patting Chanyeol’s shoulders proudly. “This calls for a celebration!”

 

 

 

 

 

OHorat @sehunthegreat CELEBRATING CHANYEOL TAKING BAEKHYUN’S FIRST KISS TONIGHT WHO WANTS TO COME AND PAY FOR ALL THE EXPENSES! (p.s junmyeon hyung bbuing bbuing)

                @lame_berry @sehunthegreat WOW CONGRATS

                @thekimjnmyn @sehunthegreat good grief. What would you do without me?

                76 more replies…

                @pcysuperman @sehunthegreat YOU BRAT! What if Baekhyun sees this?!

           

Baekhyun sighed before locking his phone. “So that’s why I’m walking home alone today…” He had to admit; it kind of felt empty without Chanyeol constantly talking nonsense around him. But he seemed happy so it’s okay. He walked through his usual route though Baekhyun realized walking without Chanyeol made him feel like he’s taking a long route. It’s just…when Chanyeol’s there, time just flies.

“I’m home.” Baekhyun said while walking inside the house seeing as the lights were all on. Yixing came running out from the kitchen, seemingly excited.

“Hey! You went home alone today?”

Baekhyun suddenly felt his heart thump. “Uh…yeah.”

“I’ve prepared dinner.” Baekhyun nodded and took off his coat before proceeding to the kitchen. Yixing followed, holding a paper bag. “I got your medications.”

Baekhyun stared at the familiar bag. He knew the memories of his pain, all those weeks of taking in every drug when you yourself didn’t even have to will to live. It was torture for the most part but somehow…

“I’m so happy you finally decided to return to therapy, Baekhyun! What made you change your mind?”

…he looked at that bag differently now. He saw Chanyeol’s face and the variety of expressions he makes. “Life is wonderful, after all.”

Yixing could see it in his face. Baekhyun looked more alive than he ever was.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun stared blankly at the ceiling. Lately, he seemed to be in daze. Though he’s starting to finally live his life, it still seemed too unreachable. It’s fragile. Like any time now, everything will be taken from him. He glanced around his room. He had never felt so comfortable being inside his room like this. So many new memories were here now and it’s definitely a wonderful thing.

He caught sight of Chanyeol’s coat hung on the ceiling. “His coat…” He immediately grabbed his phone. I should’ve returned it last time. But I forgot…

He blinked when twitter opened the instant he unlocked the screen. Sehun had so many posts about their party. It looked like they were really having fun. He decided to tweet Chanyeol since he seemed to be active right now though he probably wouldn’t be getting an immediate response seeing as how they were obviously having fun.

Byun Baekhyun @bbhyun @pcysuperman Chanyeol, I forgot to return your coat last night.

                        @pcysuperman @bbhyun I know. I saw it last night. Keep it. J

So fast!

Baekhyun sighed. He was typing a reply when he received another notification.

                        @pcysuperman @bbhyun hey. I’ll call you.

Baekhyun jumped when his phone suddenly started ringing with Chanyeol’s name displayed on the screen. He immediately answered. “Chanyeol?”

“What are you doing suddenly tweeting me like that?”

His voice…

“Baekhyun, you never think about my feelings at all. I almost died of excitement.”

“I’m sorry!”

Chanyeol laughed. “It’s okay. Should I call you more often? I like hearing your voice so close to my ears like this.”

“I…I like Chanyeol’s voice too.”

“….”

“It’s deep and cool. It feels soothing.” Baekhyun heard Chanyeol chuckle.

“You’re doing it again...”

“Huh?”

“I want to see you.”

Baekhyun froze.

“Hey Chanyeol! What are you doing out there you’ll catch a cold!”

“I’m fine!”

Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s coat and hurried outside.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol was really hopelessly in love.

“I want to see you.” Or so he said but the instant he sees Baekhyun’s face, his heart would really explode. It’s already beating too much just by hearing Baekhyun’s voice over the phone.

“…me too.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened after hearng Baekhyun’s reply. “I want to see you too.”

“Oy, Chanyeol! We bought cake!” One of his friends yelled from the shop.

“Yeah, wait a sec!” Chanyeol yelled back. “Baek—“

“Don’t go in!” Chanyeol paused. “I’m sorry…I meant…”

“Baekhyun? Are you outside?”

“Y-yeah…”

“What are you doing outside? It’s already late!”

“I told you. Didn’t you say it as well?”

“I want to see you.” Chanyeol immediately turned around him and froze at the sight of Baekhyun running towards him, holding his coat around his arm, and stopping in front of him, gasping for breath.

“You…” It all seemed too surreal, looking at Baekhyun like this, standing in front of him. “Why are you here?”

“I brought your coat. I was worried you’d catch a cold—“ Baekhyun gasped when Chanyeol’s arms suddenly pulled him to his chest.

No, actually. It didn’t matter whatever reason Baekhyun had. Whenever he wanted to come running to him like this, Chanyeol would always embrace him, like what he’s doing right now.

“Idiot. You could’ve just told me to come. What if something happened to you in the way?”

“If I did, I wouldn’t have been able see that look on your face.” Baekhyun said, feeling Chanyeol’s hold around him tighten. “Besides, I don’t want to ruin your fun. You’re having a party right?”

“It’s already a party out here with you.”

“Way to go, Chanyeol!”

“Whooo!”

Chanyeol glared at his friends with his face all read of embarrassment. “Shut up! Go back in already!”

Baekhyun suddenly felt his chest tighten and brought his hand up. He really shouldn’t have run after all. He came here in a whim, not thinking about anything else at all. He brought nothing but Chanyeol’s coat, not even his medications. He silently wished he wouldn't get an attack now.

The ridiculous whistled and teasing didn’t stop even though Chanyeol was constantly telling them to go back inside. Baekhyun was embarrassed as well, to be the subject of such, but that’s the least of his concern right now.

“Ah, if it isn’t Baekhyun.” Baekhyun turned around and saw Luhan standing and looking at him while holding a plastic bag. “Did you come here to party with us?” Luhan asked, smirking as if he was purposely teasing him.

“Uh, no, I came to return Chanyeol’s coat…ah—“ Baekhyun didn’t know why but he suddenly felt so embarrassed saying it.

Luhan grinned widely at him. “I see.” He looked scary to Baekhyun; like he knows something or that he’s planning something. Other than that, he’s definitely entertained by these events. “So you’re in that stage now huh, Chanyeol?”

“Oh come on, not you too!” Chanyeol yelled at him, or rather, whined.

Luhan placed his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulders. “Well, why don’t you come in? Since you came here, you should party with us.”

“Sorry, I don’t party.” Not anymore. “Besides, I only came here to give something to Chanyeol. I should be going. I can’t stay out late.”

“You’re going already?” Chanyeol asked in utter disappointment.

That’s not the point. Luhan though while pulling his arm off of Baekhyun’s shoulders. You came here on your own instead of telling Chanyeol to come. What do you think you’re doing? Really. It’s hard to be the only one aware of someone else’ naivety. He continued to stare at Baekhyun until he noticed the latter's uneven breathing. Chanyeol wouldn’t have noticed such an alarming thing. “Oi,” Luhan called and Baekhyun turned to him. “Did you run here?” Baekhyun nodded and Luhan felt like snapping in him half. Even running when you know it’s dangerous to your body. He sighed and turned to Chanyeol who still hasn’t successfully eradicated the bystanders watching them. “Chanyeol, he’s right. He should be going back. You should be taking care of him.”

Chanyeol glared at him. “I know that! It’s not like I was going to force him to stay…”

“Liar.” Luhan deadpanned.

“I’m not lying! More than anything, Baekhyun’s safety is my first priority!”

…..

Chanyeol immediately turned back to his troublesome friends and as expected, found all of them busy typing in their phones probably updating what Sehun has started ‘Wise Words of Master Park Chanyeol: The God of Unrequited Love’ which was further supported by Chanyeol’s phone constantly vibrating after a minute.

Baekhyun could feel his heart beating fast. But in this situation, he didn’t know if it’s because of Chanyeol’s words or just merely because of cardiac error resulting from his reckless running on the way here earlier. Still, he needed to go home now. It’s already starting to feel uncomfortable.

Luhan noticed it. It probably didn’t make sense how he constantly watched over Baekhyun secretly like this but someone that naïve and frail was troublesome to be left on his own. Even though Chanyeol was always beside him, it’s not considered precaution when Chanyeol had no knowledge about the situation. It’s quite heartbreaking.

Luhan sighed and turned to Chanyeol. “Oi, let him go home already.”

“Ah! Right!” Chanyeol immediately walked beside Baekhyun. “Sorry for dragging you out here.”

“It’s okay. I came on my own.”

“Baekhyun, here.” Luhan threw him a juice box. “Drink it on the way home. Be careful, okay?”

Baekhyun nodded with a smile before Chanyeol finally took his hand. Luhan watched them go, hand in hand; secretly wishing the image wouldn't fade away. It’s a beautiful thing, what they have is a beautiful thing.

 

 

 

 

 

It’s winter so it was quite cold so Baekhyun didn’t understand why Luhan would give him a box of banana juice but out of gratitude, he drank it anyway.

Chanyeol’s hand was still holding his and it felt comfortable because it’s warm. Chanyeol was really warm and that might be one of the things he liked the most about the taller. May it be physical or physiological, he doesn’t care, all he knew was that when Chanyeol’s with him, he always felt so warm and fuzzy inside.

“Chanyeol,” Chanyeol turned his head to him. “Did you drink a lot?”

“Do you mean am I drunk?” Chanyeol chuckled. “No, I’m not. I wouldn’t. I mean, over something like your first kiss.” Baekhyun lowered head, feeling embarrassed. It’s not something cheap after all, Baekhyun’s first kiss. And Chanyeol wanted to retain that memory in his head without ever thinking of getting drunk because of that special thing.  “Haha. Sehun told me.”

“I-I see…” Baekhyun bit his lip. “So…why did you go drinking today?”

“It was just an excuse to party though they really are nice people, they support me with you wholeheartedly, you know. It would’ve been embarrassing if you were there. All we talked about was you.”

“Why?”

“It’s your fault for giving me your first kiss.”

Now Baekhyun was really red. He couldn’t even look at Chanyeol anymore. He didn’t even know when he started feeling this way but his heart was just beating so fast. “Come on, don’t hide your face. I want to see your blushing face.” Chanyeol teased and Baekhyun immediately turned his head away. Chanyeol stopped walking and suddenly pushed Baekhyun against the concrete wall. “Baekhyun. Look at me.” Baekhyun wasn’t responding and continued to hide his face so Chanyeol decided to lift his chin up with his fingers, forcing Baekhyun to look at him. Such a cute blushing face. If he could, Chanyeol would’ve put him in his pocket and take him home.

“If you’re embarrassed, what do you think am I feeling right now? I feel like my heart’s going to explode just by looking at you like this.” Chanyeol whispered softly.

Saying something so bold…Baekhyun attempted to look away but Chanyeol pulled his face back as he leaned in for a soft kiss. Baekhyun was surprised, he barely could response. He was stiff but he knew he wouldn’t be able to last and eventually gave in and kissed him back. He felt Chanyeol’s tongue run across his bottom lip and he opened his mouth to let him in to explore his mouth. It carried on until they had no air left and had to break apart to breathe. Baekhyun felt so weak he ended up leaning his head against Chanyeol’s shoulders while breathing heavily.

“Baekhyun, you really taste so sweet.”

“Shut up.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.”

“Should I carry you home?”

Baekhyun kicked his knee and carried on walking. “Don’t get carried away!”

Chanyeol laughed and immediately followed him, of course, without forgetting to take his hand. Chanyeol had never imagined he’d get to hold Baekhyun like this and give him surprise kisses so maybe just this time it’s alright to be greedy and selfish.

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol insisted on going in to apologize and explain to Yixing why Baekhyun had to go out suddenly though those empty words of reasons were left unheard seeing as rather than upset, Yixing was quite happy seeing Chanyeol at their door step. Baekhyun noticed a sense of familiarity between the two then realized that it may be because they often see each other every morning.

Chanyeol left after a few minutes after constantly declining Yixing’s offer to stay the night explaining that he couldn’t leave his friends alone in the store celebrating on their own. Baekhyun agreed, though for him having Chanyeol stay the night would just make his heart feel more restless. 

Baekhyun stretched his arms. All he did was run a few blocks yet he felt like he ran in a marathon. Having this condition was really troublesome. He was walking towards the kitchen when Yixing noticed the juice on his hand and called his attention. “Were you not feeling good when you went out?”

Baekhyun stopped and turned to Yixing with a confused face. “What?”

“That juice…”

Baekhyun looked at the juice he’s holding then back at Yixing. “Ah, Chanyeol’s friend gave this to me before we went back.”

“I see.” Yixing said with a relieved smile. “I thought you suddenly had an attack so you bought that juice. You scared me there.”

“Huh? Why would you think that?”

“Oh, we normally offer that juice to younger patients who have the same conditions as yours to calm their heart down. You know, since bananas are natural beta-blockers. Patients are quite a handful when they refuse medicines so sometimes we resort to natural ones.” Yixing explained thoroughly and suddenly noticed Baekhyun’s bothered expression. “Baekhyun? What’s wrong?”

“Drink it on the way home. Be careful, okay?”

“Wasn’t he just…being kind?” Baekhyun mumbled to himself in wonder.

“Baek?”

Baekhyun turned to Yixing and faked a chuckle. “Ah, I’m tired. I’m heading to bed.” He said while throwing the juice box on the trashcan. Yixing nodded and watched him walk upstairs. There was a fine line between being tired and being bothered and Yixing could see through it yet Baekhyun still remained naïve on that fact.

Yixing sighed. How much longer do you want to suffer on your own?

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol yawned while glancing around the room. He came home late because of the party and had to wake up early to walk Baekhyun to school so in short not only was he still a bit slightly hangover, he also didn’t get enough sleep. He would skip school but there’s no way he would sacrifice a day to see Baekhyun. Though, seeing as how lively the morning was even though it’s still early, it helped taking his mind off to wanting to sleep.

It seems like the whole school was talking about his and his friends’ twitter outburst last night. There’s no one to blame, they were pretty drunk after all. He just hoped Baekhyun didn’t see them or it’s going to be a major turn-off. That being said, Chanyeol didn’t really consider himself and the rest of his friends a hotshot in the school. It’s just that he made such a commotion after getting rejected the first time he confessed to Baekhyun, putting all the efforts and money to waste. Normally he would cry remembering that day but seeing how things turned out, he could just laugh at it freely.

Chanyeol sighed at the sight of Luhan sleeping on his desk. He was the most drunk out of them all. He kicked his chair and Luhan mumbled in complaint. “Oi, class will start soon. Get up or the teacher will know you’re hangover.”

“I’m not…drunk…”

“…you’ve been saying that since last night. Seriously, Luhan.”

“Shut up…”

Chanyeol sighed again. He turned to Jongdae while standing up. “When the teacher comes, please tell him I’m at the infirmary. I need to get pills for this guy.” Jongdae nodded while chuckling then he left immediately.

 

 

 

 

“Luhan.” Jongdae called while poking the older male.

Luhan moaned in annoyance. “What.”

“Someone’s looking for you outside.”

“Tell them I’m not interested in relationships…”

Luhan heard a faint chuckle. “It’s Byun Baekhyun.”

Luhan immediately sat up at the mention of the name. “WHAT.” He turned to the door and saw Baekhyun standing by the doorway. He’s not here for Chanyeol? He walked over immediately.

Baekhyun offered him a banana juice, the same one he gave to him last night. Luhan wasn’t sure what the gesture was for. “Uh…”

“It’s for last night.” Baekhyun said.

Luhan chuckled in response. “That’s okay. You don’t have to repay me. You need it more.”

“So you know.”

“Ah?” Oh crap. Did I just open a black hole? No, you can still save yourself! “Know what?”

“Don’t lie.” Baekhyun warned him. He looked around and suddenly pulled Luhan with him somewhere towards an isolated staircase. “We can talk better here.”

“Baekhyun, what are you—“

“You know, don’t you? That’s why you’ve been helping me.”

Baekhyun had that look in his eyes and Luhan couldn’t possibly lie to him in this situation. “Yes, okay, I know. What about it?” Even so, how did he come up with this conclusion when I just gave him a juice box? When I was at the convenience store, I saw him running pass by and I bought the juice in a rush out of worry, just in case. Just in case. Though looking at his expression now, it seemed like Baekhyun didn’t want to get that kind of answer from him.

“Then…” Baekhyun lowered his head. “Is it pity?”

Luhan wanted to punch him. What is he sprouting now?

“You like Chanyeol, don’t you?” Baekhyun asked boldly, making Luhan feel uncomfortable.

“You…” Luhan didn’t know how to answer. He couldn’t lie because it’s true. He couldn’t tell the truth either because what would that make him look like?

“That’s why…” Baekhyun continued. “That’s why you came to me to talk to me that day…you were against it before you knew about my condition, right? So now you’re not doing anything because you pity someone like me—”

Luhan yawned, interrupting Baekhyun’s monologue. “How long are you going to make assumptions there?”

Baekhyun only blinked at him in response.

“Don’t think so highly of yourself that someone like me would pity someone like you. Yes I do like Chanyeol in a romantic way and yes from the very first place, I was against this but I’m also his best friend.  I’m not doing this because I pity you; I’m doing this because it makes that dumb guy happy. But you can’t expect me to not bat an eye when I know about your condition. It’s not pity, it's being human.”

Baekhyun bit his lips. “But…maybe if you told him how you feel then things wouldn’t turn out this way…when I’m gone—“

“Are you stupid? Do you think if I told him, it’ll change everything? He’s been chasing you for months, he’d carry on for years without caring about the other people who likes him the same way. Don’t think about other people and focus on your health, . Don’t give me that when I’m gone cause I’m totally going to strangle you. If you don’t want to see Chanyeol sad then don’t think about the worst case scenario and keep living, stupid.”

“Do you…really feel that way?”

“I’m not some evil villain, you know.” Luhan sighed and patted Baekhyun’s head. “You two are perfect together. Don’t deprive the world of such beauty.”

Baekhyun just blinked at him in awe. “Luhan, surprisingly, you went from vulgar to sweet so quickly!”

Luhan flinched. Oh crap. He saw two sides of me!

Baekhyun then broke out in a chuckle. “But I get it now. Thank you. You really are a good person, Luhan.” He smiled weakly at him. “I guess because I have such a condition that I’ve become pretty dense to other people’s feelings. I’ve always thought that if people knew about my condition, they’d treat me differently, that they’d approach me out of pity. That’s what happened to Yixing so I got ahead of myself. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said all those things.”

“No need to apologize! It happens!” Luhan reassured him quickly.

Baekhyun smiled widely in relief. “Ah, by the way, about my condition…did you…”

“Tell Chanyeol? Of course not. That’s not something I should be telling him, right?” Luhan saw him smile sadly. “So, why won’t you tell him?”

“I…I don’t want to.”

“Hm? Don’t you like him?”

“I do! I really do like him. But I don’t want to tell him.”

“Why not?”

Baekhyun looked hesitant for a moment, fidgeting here and there and whispering to himself. Luhan had almost given up, given that it’s not his forte to bully people anyway and force answers out of them but Baekhyun suddenly started talking. “Luhan, right now, I’m really working hard. I went back to therapy and I’m taking my medications. Just like you said, I’ll try to keep living. I don’t want Chanyeol to get worried. He always has a positive thinking and a wide smile on his face so I want to keep that image of him forever. It doesn’t matter if I do this alone…I just don’t want to see Chanyeol’s smile waver every time he gets reminded about my condition…that’s why…”

“Agh! Stop it already!” Luhan yelled in frustration while sniffing. “You’re making me cry! Chanyeol you lucky bastard!” Baekhyun laughed at him. “You two are amazing. Looks like I made the right decision.” Baekhyun suddenly blushed after realizing what he had said so many embarrassing things and tried to cover his face with his palms. Luhan laughed at him this time. “Wahaha, are you blushing?” He took his phone out immediately and started taking photos of him. “Don’t hide your face!”

“Luhan, you actually are a bully!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eventually, summer was already fast approaching. The basketball club where Chanyeol’s apparently a varsity member started practicing more and more every day for the upcoming tournament so Baekhyun would come to the gym and wait for them to finish so he and Chanyeol could go home together. Other times, it’s Chanyeol who waited for Baekhyun to finish studying at the library so they could go home together. There was no written agreement about this routine, it just happened and it became a second nature for them to always go home together, whatever the weather is, may it be rainy or sunny, just always together.

Luhan had also started to take his mind off of worrying over the little things Baekhyun does seeing as how the both of them look completely happy.

He had no idea what would’ve come.

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun arrived at the gym just in time basketball practice was done. Chanyeol was running around, dribbling the ball and shooting here and there while some of them members had started to scurry out of the court, in to the locker room, to refresh themselves. After a few minutes, Chanyeol was the only one left and he was still shooting. Baekhyun couldn't always see him play like this but the more he jumps and shoots, the more he appreciates Chanyeol’s stature. He really was someone so different. He looked so far away when he’s the only one looking, yet so reachable whenever Chanyeol looked at him.

“Ah! Baekhyun!” Chanyeol said in surprise after noticing Baekhyun standing beside the court and immediately ran towards him. “How long have you been there? Why didn’t you say anything?”

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol’s face and smiled. No, this Chanyeol is not far at all. “I wanted to see you play.”

Chanyeol ruffled his hair and bent down. “You know all you have to do is ask.” He said before leaning in for a kiss.

Suddenly, playful whistles arose and Chanyeol turned around to his teammates gathering in the court, constantly teasing him. Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh.

“Must be nice to have an angel waiting for you every after practice, right?” The team’s captain, Junin, said with a jealous face. And Chanyeol responded to that with a very very proud face. Nothing was more fulfilling than having Baekhyun by his side, after all, so there’s no helping it, he’d brag about it anytime.

“Baekhyunnn! You’re as cute as ever!” Sungyeol yelled while running over and then suddenly hugging Baekhyun.

“Please don’t hug me.”

“Whyyyy?”

“You’re sweaty.”

“Sungyeol go and wash dammit!” Chanyeol yelled in exasperation while making sure Baekhyun didn’t get his sweat all over.

“Do you want to play, Byun?” Junin asked while spinning the ball in his hand.

“I don’t really play sports…”

“See, I told you?” Chanyeol told Junin. “He’s not the sporty type, you know.”

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol. “I’ll never do something you hate” was Chanyeol’s everyday motto and in turn Baekhyun kept on thinking of ways to repay him with as much consideration but all he could ever do was let him spoil him with affection.

That’s why. “I’ll play.” This time I’ll do something you love.

Chanyeol blinked at him. “Are you sure?” Baekhyun nodded and Chanyeol’s face brightened with a wide smile and seeing it was definitely worth it. “Really? That’s great!”

Junin threw the ball at him, which Baekhyun had unexpectedly caught in time. “You played before right?”

“O-of course!” Baekhyun answered quickly albeit stuttering. Chanyeol took his bag to place it on the bench as his teammates started to warm up.

“Three on three?” Junin announced and the rest agreed. Baekhyun got teamed up with Junin and another member while Chanyeol ended up on the other team.

“WHY?!” Chanyeol yelled in protest.

“So you could play against Byun.”

“THAT’S WHY I’M ASKING! SHOULDN’T WE BE TEAMED UP TOGETHER?!”

Junin turned to Baekhyun. “You don’t have a problem with this right?”

“I don’t really mind being on a different team.”

“See?”

“AGH! YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT!” Chanyeol groaned even more. “Fine! But don’t cry if you lose, ok?!”

Baekhyun faked a gasped, before smirking. “Don’t cry too if I lose!”

“What a funny thing to say…” Junin mumbled and the rest of the team quickly nodded in agreement.

The game started with Team A (Baekhyun, Junin and XXXX) getting the ball first and the pace suddenly sped up with the team quickly going for the opponent’s basket with the two regular members’ intensive teamwork while Baekhyun follows. Unfortunately, when Junin attempted for a layup, Chanyeol quickly caught up to him and managed to steal the ball. Team B immediately ran for attack while Junin chased Chanyeol as fast as he could. Chanyeol then jumped and dunked the ball straight to the basket, grabbing the first basket.

“HELL YEAH! BAEKHYUN DID YOU SEE THAT?!”

“YES! CHANYEOL YOU’RE SO COOL!”

“OI YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO PRAISE HIM! HE’S OUR OPPONENT!” Junin screamed out of the blue.

“SHUT UP WE’RE IN LOVE!”

After 15 minutes of endless banter, the game finally resumed with Junin passing the ball to Baekhyun and Baekhyun not knowing what to do. He thought fast though, after seeing an opponent running to steal the ball from him and ran fast before his marker got in position. He arrived in front of the ring when—

“CHANYEOL!” A teammate yelled.

Chanyeol stood in front of him.

Baekhyun stares at him intensely. “I’m—I’m going to shoot!”

“Okay!”

Baekhyun then tossed the ball but unfortunately missed.

“Do you want me to lift you up?” Chanyeol asked.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!” Junin screamed again.

“Why didn’t I see this coming…” The rest of the team chattered. The rest of the game carried on that way. The only ones who were taking it seriously are the captain and Chanyeol’s teammates but no one gave a damn mainly because it was refreshing for the team to see such play from Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Baekhyun, whenever he came, always had a serious face on that automatically lights up when Chanyeol approaches him. The latter wasn’t exempted to this as well given that his energy shoots up four-fold when he knew Baekhyun’s watching.

Therefore, seeing the both of them in court, playing against each other with their unfading smiles, wasn’t just entertaining but also somewhat heartwarming. It’s a feeling everybody, spectator or member, got just by looking at them because even though their love was boring and simple, it’s true.

 

 

 

 

Luhan was on his way to the gate when he noticed the students chatting and busy with their phones. Out of curiosity, he pulled out his phone from his bag to check if he has anything. He opened twitter and after a few scroll-downs, he finally figured what the fuzz was all about.

 

Retweeted by kimpikad_

Gelie @supergelie    31m

GAH Sweethearts playing basketball together! >.< pic.twitter.com/akMf20i42H8

 

He immediately ran towards the gym.

 

 

 

 

 

There were screams everywhere when Luhan arrived. The spectators continued to grow seeing as the number of students coming in wasn’t decreasing. It seems like everybody was curious of a certain match going on. However, Luhan’s objective was different. Rather than being curious, he was rather alarmed.

“Baekhyun watch out!”

A loud thud surfaced, immediately followed by a painful cough. Chanyeol turned around to Baekhyun lying on the floor, curling his body while gripping his chest. “B-Baekhyun!” Chanyeol yelled while immediately running towards him.

No…why now… Baekhyun gripped his chest tightly while gasping for breath.

“Baekhyun what’s wrong?! Tell me!” Chanyeol asked while kneeling beside him. He looked miserable. Baekhyun hated himself for letting Chanyeol make that kind of face.

Why now…when he’s here… He was already crying.

“I can’t breathe…” Baekhyun said in pain, his whole body trembling. “I can’t breathe…” He repeated as if the air could hear him.

“What?!”

Baekhyun could feel his heartbeat racing fast, too fast that his body couldn’t keep up with it. He felt like dying. It was too painful. He wanted the pain to go away.

 “It hurts…”

“Step aside!” Luhan immediately shoved a frozen Chanyeol aside to aid Baekhyun with the inhaler. Baekhyun started breathing with it, inhaling and exhaling slowly. “Baekhyun! Baekhyun—“

“It’s…it’s not working…”

“What are you saying? You have to keep—“

“It’s not working! Ah!” Baekhyun felt a sudden stab on his chest. He felt like something was squeezing his myocardium intentionally. “It hurts…!”

“Someone! Call an ambulance!”

Chanyeol was completely frozen. He was left out of the world. He didn’t recognize time. “Why…” He whispered to himself, his voice slowly trembling. “Why are you in pain…”

“SOMEONE CALL A ING AMBULANCE!”

Baekhyun continued to tremble in pain. His sweat was already dripping on the door. His face was distorted to an expression Chanyeol decided he hates the most. It wasn’t…his Baekhyun. “Stop…” He whispered while slowly moving towards Baekhyun’s shaking body. Stop hurting him!

 

 

 

 

 

What happened next was vague. There was screaming everywhere. There were a lot of people. There were a lot of eyes. Luhan was frantic, he was all over the place. Chanyeol didn’t remember anything but the look on Baekhyun’s face and the state he was in. He looked fragile, like even a little pinch can break him. He was so weak. He was in so much pain.

There were no words from him because all he did was cry and cry.

 

 

 

 

“A month ago.” Luhan started while staring at the labeled drinks on the vending machine. Chanyeol was sitting on the bench beside it, dazed. “I found out a month ago…about his condition.” Luhan continued, looking at him. Chanyeol wouldn’t stop trembling. Seeing something like that…maybe it was too much for him. This might be what Baekhyun was trying to avoid and Luhan could finally see why.

Scenes kept coming back to Chanyeol and so was the feeling of not being able to do anything. “It’s my fault…I should’ve stopped him from playing—“

“Chanyeol, don’t blame yourself. You didn’t know.”

“But I should’ve!” Chanyeol yelled miserably. “You knew but why didn’t you tell me?!”

“It wasn’t something for me to tell.”

“To damn with that!”

“Chanyeol, you know that Baekhyun has his own reason for not telling you.”

“Doesn’t he trust me enough? I thought I’ve made it perfectly clear that he can entrust me with anything!” Chanyeol said while clenching his fists. “Especially something so important like this, for God’s sakes! Am I still not good enough? I wanted to be the one to take care of him. I should’ve known! Dammit!”

Luhan walked over and slapped him out of the blue. “And I’m telling you Baekhyun has his own ing reason. Why don’t you shut up and wait for him to wake up so you could get your answer instead of throwing a tantrum? Did you really think he would choose not to tell you because you’re not important enough? His life is on the line. Hell, his relationship with you is on the line so stop getting ahead of yourself for Christ’s sake.” He said sternly that Chanyeol didn’t have time to react.

Chanyeol always talked about not underestimating him, why his love for Baekhyun shouldn’t be taken lightly, but that wasn’t supposed to exempt him from doing the same towards Baekhyun. For Luhan, between the two of them, there was no competition in terms of how far their love for each other can go. Chanyeol had chased Baekhyun for months even with the possibility that his hard work may not pay off. Baekhyun had been trying hard to get through the day even with his condition just to see that smile on Chanyeol’s face even with the sad fact that he might not live longer than he wanted for him to continue seeing that smile. Luhan had never desperately wished for someone else’ love to live on before these two so seeing it crumble was hurtful for him too. If he had to bury his own feelings aside in exchange for helping Baekhyun and Chanyeol, he’d do so, because in this world, there was no other place the two of them belong to but in each other’s arms.

Luhan heard Chanyeol chuckle. “That was…utterly stupid of me.” Luhan watched him sit up straight and calming himself down in the process. “To think such things…I made a mistake. I’m sorry. You’re right.”

“No need to apologize.”

“I just got scared seeing him in so much pain and there I was, confused, unable to do anything. I couldn’t help him when I was just there.”

“I know.” Luhan sighed deeply. “I know, Chanyeol.”