Spaghetti

Spaghetti
"You're ready for lunch?" said one of your colleagues. You nodded tiredly. Your hands lazily clicked on the sleep mode on your desktop computer before rummaging through your bag to grab your purse. You've been waiting for lunch time. You really need a break and apparently your boss is treating all of you to the new famous cafe.
 

Upon reaching the cafe, a handsome waiter lead the group of you to a table near the patio of the cafe. You browse through the menu the waiter gave earlier on, settling a dish of aglio olio for your lunch. You looked around the shopping mall; seemingly uninterested with the conversation your colleague's are having.
 
 
You heard screams coming from the first level of the mall. The table you were seated on was close to the edge and you looked down to the source of the screams. A group of high school girls was the source; they were looking at something more like someone. You followed their gaze and saw a person crawling on the floor. A few shoppers in the mall even stop to watched it.
 
 
Is he crazy? You thought.
 
 
The middle age man was on his knees and shaking his . You noticed a film camera and some staff shooting him. You quickly realise it might have been a dare show of something. You looked away when your food came and soon after you forgot about that weird man. Although, his embarrassing actions did made you giggled quietly. A loud scream again was heard, again. You sighed at the disturbance.
 
 
This cafe was supposed to be blissful.
 
 
"Is that weird guy, again!" exclaimed one of your colleague seating across you. "Oh! He's coming here!" your eyebrows quirked, intrigued. "Woah..he looks cute upfront" said another colleague of yours.
 
 
Your colleagues gasp and nudges your leg from under seeking for your attention. You looked up from your phone. "What?" you responded, annoyed. Your colleagues pointed towards your left, you saw that weird man again. He was bend down on his knees on the floor and his eyes gaze up to you.  You tilted your head, puzzled by his action.
 
 
"Noona, can you feed me?" said Sunggyu, with an aegyo tone that gave you goosebumps running through your body. Your eyes widened at his question. A loud laughter burst out from behind the filming people; you saw a group of his age dressed up polish with designer clothes you observed.
 
 
"Noona~" he cajoled you as he craned his neck, he look at your table and pointed at your lunch. "Feed me that spaghetti~"

 

You smirked at him, well you won't want to make this easy for him. 

 

"If I feed you, what will you do for me?"

 

He pondered, he was thinking hard before he replied to you; "I'll give you my autograph"

 

You shake your head, not agreeing to his proposition. "That's too easy for you", you teased, "How about you show us some of your talents?"

 

"Talents?" he blurted out dumbfounded by your demands. Sunggyu looks back at the staffs with confusion written on his face. The PD urges him to move along to your wishes agreeing that it would be an interesting content for the show. It might even raise some viewers ratings or perhaps bring a veil of embarrassment to his image. Well, the PD would not prefer the latter part. 


"So, Sunggyu-shi what's your talent besides singing?" you asked him, giving your out most attention to him.
Sunggyu looked at you suspiciously, thinking that maybe you were in cahoots with the rest of s to put him in this awkward position. Sunggyu let out a breath and stood upright with a slight confidence.

 

"I can make a sound of the pressure cooker" he announced.


"That's interesting, well, go on show what you've got", you urged him to show the talent.

 

"Fuuuuuuuuuu" said Sunggyu, cruising his lips together as he displayed his 'talent' as you eyed him; amused. When he finished showing his talent, a loud laughter came echoing throughout the cafe. You had the strongest desire to laugh but hold it back when you see the sunken expression of his.

 

"Hey," you pat his shoulder, "That's one unique talent you have there, but, I prefer the other talent" you comforted him. You nodded, your hands reached up to your utensils as you scooped a few of your lunch and offered it to him.

 

"A deal is a deal right?" you flash a smile. He gave you a smile in return; Sunggyu inches closer to you his fingers clamp your hands as his mouth polish off the spaghetti you've offered him. His fingers still lingers until you shook them off gently away.

 

"Thank you for cooperating on the film" said one of staff you proclaim should be one of the PD.

You nodded understandingly, returning back to your colleagues fascination that they've just met a group of famous idols in person.Shaking you head at them, you resumed back to your boring lunch with the chatters of your colleagues and the brisk sounds of the waiters. Placing down your utensils after the last bite you for your phone in your purse. A new text message featured on your screen. Keying your password, you read the new message. You couldn't help but to smile.

 

'Thank you for the favor, I owe you one. See you at home, love you.'

 


- Sunggyu