The Visitor

Dara, The Chambermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"The first things you'll learn about riding may not be actual riding skills. You will not simply get on the horse and start riding. But learning to tie, groom and lead the horse are essential skills that help you learn to understand horses, stay safe and increase your enjoyment."

 

 

I look dumbly at Kwon Jiyong. "Why so serious?" I say as I pet my horse with its fine hair. 'Oh, I like my horse already. So pretty!' It's a female young stallion, by the way. I settle for a young since I cannot handle the big ones.

 

 

Kwon Jiyong glares at me. "Say that again after your first fall." he spats back as he secured the saddle and the bridle on my horse. He's already done with his own horse.

 

 

I roll my eyes. Okay, I'm getting excited now. I look down on Kwon Jiyong and watch him still securing the saddle on my horse. Duh, he looks so serious about this. It's not like I'm into horse racing. Ha! Ha! Okay, I'm excited.

 

 

I grin at Kwon Jiyong when he finally looks up to me. "Do I have to say 'ya tigidig tigidig'?'" I joke.

 

 

Jiyong smirks as he pet my horse as well. "I doubt if you can still say that."

 

 

I pretend not to hear that as I hold my latch tightly, still grinning.

 

 

"Ready?" Jiyong asks, now standing behind the horse.

 

 

I nod.

 

 

Jiyong grins. "Then see you after one kilometer, maid."

 

 

I quickly look back at Jiyong. "W-what? You're not coming with me?" I began to panic when Jiyong only shrugs. "W-wait!"

 

 

But Kwon Jiyong already taps the horse and 'my ' that the animal automatically runs in a minimal speed now.

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong!!!" I scream as I hold on my horse for my dear life. It is slow but it still surprises me!

 

 

"Ha! Ha! Ha!"

 

 

I look on my right and found relief when I see Kwon Jiyong with his dark stallion jogging with me.

 

 

I still frown at him as I sit straight on my horse and trot the horse now.

 

 

Jiyong laughs. "Slow."

 

 

I roll my eyes. "Well, I'm still learning, aren't I?"

 

 

Jiyong gives me the look I know I don't like. "Let's race on the way to first kilometer, maid."

 

 

I automatically glare at him. "I'm still a newbie, remember? I cannot race with you."

 

 

Jiyong halts his horse, I did too.

 

 

"You're scared to lose already?"

 

 

My ears reddened at this. He just didn't say the s word.

 

 

I sneer. "I'm not scared. I'm just--"

 

 

"It's the same thing, maid." Jiyong cuts then jog his horse again.

 

 

I blow my bangs upwards at this as I rear my horse and lightly kick it to run. "Fine!" I shout as I past Kwon Jiyong, now laughing.

 

 

I'm new on this thing but I think I'm a natural rider.

 

 

Jiyong laughs too as we race ourselves on the first kilometer. 

 

 

On our way there, I witness how big the Kwon's property is. It is so wide and greenery. It's like the whole town already. This guy is really rich.

 

 

I sneer as I halt my horse. We already reach our stop. Of course, Kwon Jiyong won.

 

 

We tied our horses on the tree branch and let the animals rests there for a while. While Kwon Jiyong and I just watch the green sceneries presented beforth our eyes.

 

 

Ah... the air smells so fresh. It smells my home back in the country. And this place is a total eye candy too. I want to wake up everyday seeing this place. It's simply inspiring.

 

 

"Does your family still owns this?" I ask Kwon Jiyong after a while.

 

 

Jiyong turns to look at me as he tucked one wild flower he picked on my ear. He then smiles. "No." he answers then shrugs. "Actually, I bought this place myself."

 

 

I touch my warm cheeks as I an eyebrow at him, clearly not believing him. "Ows?"

 

 

Jiyong chuckles. "You always don't believe me. Why so?"

 

 

I shake my head at him like the answer is obvious. "Is there anything to believe?" I ask back, sarcastically. 

 

 

Even if this place is so inspiring and beautiful, I still haven't forget that I'm with someone that's not inspiring at all. And also the source of my bruises, hickeys, terror, and miseries the past days and week. 'Huh!'

 

 

"I like you. Isn't that enough for you to believe me?" Jiyong tells while looking straight at me.

 

 

I look dumbly at him. "It's very convincing, master. Try more."

 

 

When the annoying response didn't happen, I began to wonder. I look at Kwon Jiyong and still see him looking at me. Okayyyy, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable now. I even tucked my hair that fell on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter