The Question

Dara, The Chambermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Dara-unnie, why are you wearing a scarf?"


 

I look at Minzy before looking down at my scarf. I frown immediately. I freaking wear a scarf in this SUMMER season.


 

I so hate my self now. Now, Minzy will really think there is something wrong with my head ever since she saw me coming in the kitchen earlier, looking for a knife then stabbing the hotdog on the plate, 'multiple times'.


 

Of course, I need the scarf. I freaking need it to cover the hickeys on my neck!


 

'Grrr...monster!'


 

But I manage to fake a smile at Minzy. "Cockroach." I just say.


 

"Ah..." Minzy nods, easily agreeing. She then looks thoughtfully at me. "Then I need to inform the Pest Control Department soon. Young master Jiyong doesn't like pests here in the mansion."


 

At the mention of the name, my ears perks up and my looks sharpens quickly. I even have a menacing glare now. "No need to call them, Minzy." I say. "The Pest Control Department don't have to eliminate the pest already because," I then show her the knife. "I'm going to eliminate him myself." then stabs the hotdog once again.


 

Minzy gulps at my show of violence. "Him?"


 

I nod. "I mean the cockroach."


 

Then the phone hanging around my neck rings. 'Just in time.' Knowing who is this, and with a gritting teeth, I answer the call.


 

"What?"


 

A readied chuckle came from Kwon Jiyong on the other line. Grr.


 

"You're so slow, maid. Where's my hotdog?" he asks, laughing.


 

I glare on the wall, treating it as Kwon Jiyong. I'm now sending laser beam on it too. I want to destroy him. I want to destroy all the cockroaches in this world. All the pests, and that includes him.


 

I settle to stab on the hotdog instead.


 

STAB


 

"On my way." I just say as I now place the food on the platter.


 

"Don't forget to put it in the stick plus marshmallows, maid." he was still laughing. "And I want to see them in a pineapple too."


 

I just roll my eyes as I didn't answer back.


 

"I'll be waiting near the pool." he finally says after his series of orders told to me.


 

"You know I hate you, right?" I only say after awhile as I place all his orders in a big tray. 


 

Jiyong answers that with a laugh.


 

"See you later." he even adds.


 

"Hmp."


 

"I already miss you."


 

I look at my phone, disgusted. "YA!"


 

beep


 

The brute ended the phone call already!


 

Aisht!!


 

I stomp my foot on the ground annoyingly. I'm so annoyed and unsatisfied right now I won't calm. And I don't know why!


 

'I miss you.'


 

Arghhh


 

"Unnie?"


 

I look at Minzy. Oh, she was still there?


 

I fix my self. "What?" I ask her.


 

Minzy gives me this kind of 'look' I don't understand.


 

Then she smiles teasingly at me, "I think I'll be your shipper starting from now on, Dara-unnie. I am going to ship you and master Jiyong." then grins at me. "He, he."


 

I look at Minzy, dumbfounded. Now, I have a fan...with Kwon Jiyong! Great!


 

--


 

I watch Kwon Jiyong swimming in their big pool. He seems to be enjoying the activity too. I know it is bad to wish for anyone's unwellness but right now I am truly wishing for him to drown himself, just a little. Really. Yeah, just a little.


 

"Why don't you join me in my swimming, maid?" Jiyong asks after reaching me nearside the pool. He's just done diving.


 

I frown at him. "So you can drown me? No thanks."


 

Jiyong laughs at this. "How did you know?" he actually asks.


 

I didn't answer that as I only look away. I'm not in the mood to bicker with him today. I'll just stay here and wait til he drowns. Yeah, I'm so cunning.


 

"That scarf looks good on you, though."


 

I look back at him. Why, but I really can't stop my mouth from answering his sarcastic attacks. "Thanks to the cockroach."


 

Jiyong laughs as he now floats on the water, still looking amused at me. "Is that the new fashion trend for summer season now?" he continues to mocks.


 

"No, winter." I answer back sarcastically. And this guy actually has the gall to comment about 'my' scarf. When he's the reason why I'm wearing this scarf! In the first place!


 

Jiyong only responds it with a smirk. But not ending his insults. "You have a poor fashion sense, maid." 


 

I glare at him as I an eyebrow after. "And that's because I'm wearing a scarf in this maid dress. Am I right?"


 

Jiyong chuckles. "No. You look good in a maid dress." Okay, I still take that as an insult. "But I saw your pictures online."


 

What?


 

"What?" Now, he got my attention.


 

Jiyong swims back on the nearside. Now, looking properly at me. "I happen to saw your pictures online beside the mainstream actors, maid. And, Ha! Ha! Ha! You look like a personal assistant standing beside them! Ha! Ha! Ha!"


 

I gasp at this as I throw the pineapple on his face. 'This guy is really...!!' Jiyong quickly evades it though which just angers me more. And the brute is laughing maniacally too!


 

I just give him a raspy sigh after. Losing hope already. "I so hate you." I just say to him after.


 

Jiyong now places his palm over his chin, still looking at me. And while grinning says, "You have to reinvent yourself, maid, if you dream to become a popular actress. Stop wearing those cheap and plain clothes. Your terrible fashion sense is showing."


 

Jiyong and his mouth! And let's talk about a guy who beats girls as a fashion critic wannabe! "Says someone who always wear pajamas." I spat back, sarcastically, out of nothing to retort. But God knows, how I want to bite this jerk's neck off. Right now.


 

Jiyong only smirks at this, "At least it's Jeremy Scott's pajamas. I remember you telling that to me."


 

I blow my bangs upwards. This is hopeless. I just sigh and look annoyingly at him. "You're so cocky, jerk." 


 

Then Jiyong made a smile at me now. And why, but I think that smile is not a good thing.


 

"You can use my branded clothes for your fashion reinvention, maid. I gave them to you already, remember?"


 

Right instantly, my eyes twinkles at this. Oh yeah, I remember Jiyong allowed me to keep his clothes. Now, my energy re-boosts at this. This guy is not bad after all. I smile back at him now.


 

"In one condition."


 

My smile automatically disappear. I then glare back at him. "I don't remember you telling me there's a condition last night!" I whine.


 

I knew it! He was planning on something! I simply knew it.


 

Jiyong only laughs at me again. "My condition is achievable, maid. If you can do this, you can have all my clothes that you want." he then looks teasingly at me after. "Even my briefs." he tauntingly adds.


 

I blush immediately at the hear of this as I clear my throat. This is not really a bad truce if you really think about it. Not only I can get my thousand bucks IN DOLLARS salary after this job but I can also keep the branded clothes I want. For FREE! This is once in a lifetime chance offered by one unpredictable rich boss!


 

Win-win situation, anyone? I clear my throat again before looking back at Kwon Jiyong. Then with a poker face, I say, "Deal."


 

Jiyong grins. "Swim with me." he says.


 

I stop there. "What?"

 

 

"My condition is for you to swim with me, maid." he repeats, boredly.


 

"No way!" I rejected quickly. I also shake my head no, "I can't swim." I say in a tone like it will validate 'everything.'


 

Jiyong his eyebrow at me. "No?"


 

I hesitated there. Free clothes.


 

"Are you sure?" he taunts again.


 

Free Jeremy Scott and Versace's clothes to be exact. I gulp.


 

I sigh in defeat. "Okay, fine!" I answer, forced, and the brute now winningly grins! Arghhh! He always wins! 


 

I then look at the pool, hesitant. I even bite my lips nervously too. "How deep is that pool?" I ask Jiyong after.


 

Jiyong shrugs. "Not that deep." he answers as he now stands properly and shows me that the water is on his chest level only. "Just five feet, maid."

 


I still hesitated as I eyed Jiyong. I then turn my back. "I'll just change clothes."


 

"No need. I have a shirt and a short already prepared there." he points the clothes on the nearby bench.


 

I look back at him at this. "So, you prepared this beforehand?" I ask, actually surprise.


 

Jiyong shakes his head no as he swims back. "No," he just answers.


 

I only shake my head at him as I walk towards the clothes. I can just wear the shirt since I'm already wearing a short underneath this maid dress. I began to undress, and I'm not worried that the brute will see me undressing since I'm wearing a camison already too.


 

After getting dressed, I walk back and stand at the edge of the pool, testing the water, with Kwon Jiyong already waiting in a distance far enough for me to 'jump'.


 

Jump?


 

"Am I supposed to jump?" I ask him the unthinkbale. Now nervous. Why, but I really don't like vast things called water.


 

Jiyong rolls his eyes at this, looking impatient. "What else? Or do you want me to push you instead?" he sarcastically offers.


 

I give him a sharp look as an answer as I also ready my self to jump. Well, it's only five feet deep anyways.


 

I now bend my knees and jump my way on the pool when I missed to see the smirk on Kwon Jiyong's lips the moment I jumped off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter