The Master

Dara, The Chambermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Here's your tea, master." 


 

I say and look intensely on the man sitting with the petite girl in front of me. A mysterious smile on my face.


 

"CUT!!"


 

I bit my lips and GULP right after I caught the glare of the director sitting in a high chair. Is the gay director actually glaring ON ME?


 

Then the director widen his eyes on me. Yes, it is for me. 


 

"WHAT THE HELL!" he then shouts. "The maid isn't supposed to look sultry!!" he points his fan on me I almost frown on him. "AGAIN! TAKE TWO! ACTION!!"


 

I sigh after adjusting the tea cup, close my eyes, then open them to look straight on the supporting actor with the main female lead.


 

"Here's your t--"


 

"Cut! Cut! CUT!!" he shouts loudly again.


 

The director's nose is flaring I actually thought fire will be coming out soon. "Your role is just a maid and supposed to act but still act unnoticed!" he points his fan on me again. "As if you aren't there!" he ends with an accent.

 


Fits of giggles fills the room as I blow air on my bangs. The director is a I just want to pull his wig off 'so much'.

 


"Where did you get this starlet? She can't even manage a single line, for Queen Elizabeth's sake!"

 


I hear the director sprouts more but I chose to ignore him. I just want this over. This day is already tiring.

 


"Okay," I just say for it to finish already. "I'm sorry." I roll my eyes on him too. I can't help it.

 


The director pays me with a glare too. "THEN TAKE THREE! ACTION!!"

 


I drop my guard down and tell my lines without any life energy as if I just recover from an hour of constipation, 

 


"Here's your tea, master..." also like I'm a useless person just passing by in that scene.

 


"CUT! PERFECT! Next scene with LMH!" 

 


and the director actually likes my non-sense act! Oh goodness!

 


I am stomping my feet on the ground like I can comfort my self there. I hate myself for delivering my lines with NO EFFORT and was just seen through! Argh! I hate mediocrity!

 


A chuckle enters my presence and I look up to see the famous Lee Min Ho, the main lead, smiling and looking at me. I think I hold my breath right there. And I think he finds me amusing too while I was throwing tantrums on the floor.


 

I stuff the long skirt of my maid dress on my hands and glare on Lee Min Ho. Wait. I just did not do that right? What on earth am I glaring on the top male celebrity in the whole South Korea?! What the heck.


 

I groan quite loudly and return a sheepish smile on him. I then hold my self properly. "Oh, sorry." I just say.


 

Lee Min Ho smiles again as his prep team immediately ran on his side for re-touching on his face and overall look for his next scenes. He acts naturally as if his prep team are not even there. And I'm envious! I don't have a prep team on my own. Yet.


 

"You're funny." Lee Min Ho remarks. "Ignore Jaewook-sajangnim. In fact, you act fine." he shrugs. "It is just your presence sometimes overshadows other actors." he points the looking anorexic girl (for me) I just acted with earlier, shouting on her personal assistant in one corner.


 

I frown. That too petite girl is supposed to be the main female act opposite the great actor Lee Min Ho. And the girl is just a newbie too! I also already notice she acts so stiff. Such a shame.


 

Oh no, I think I am envious again. Why not? I'm almost a year in the industry, you know! And still stuck as a maid! Life is unfair.

 


Lee Min Ho chuckles at the look on my face. "And for an extra, you should not stand out." he shrugs as he starts to walk away. "Ciao!"

 


I gasp. Did the most popular actor in the country just praised and insulted me at the same time? Oh, forget that. What important is Lee Min Ho pointed something out about my acting! And he is a veteran actor too!

 


I sigh and look dreamily at Lee Min Ho's back. Someday, I'm going to act opposite him - not being his maid at that.


 

"Maid!"


 

I don't know but hearing that makes me automatically turn around on the voice, just to groan inside. I think I internalize my role as a maid enough.


 

To cover the embarrassment I felt inside, I pretended not to notice the man who calls me and is going to walk past him when he calls me AGAIN.


 

"Hey, you! Maid in the maid dress. Studio 21 is summoning you. Hurry up." and leave after.


 

I am about to yell on the guy when my phone beeps. I flip my phone open and read the message from Bom,


 

'Rabbit, Teddy is in Studio 21. He wants to meet u for something. About ur new job, remember? T'care. I won't be home tonight. Will hve an overtime 4 a new recording. Anyong!'

- BOM


 

Oh, yeah. I have a new job two days from now. Of course, I did not forget that. Who's foolish to forget a two-weeks job for a salary of thousand bucks in DOLLARS, you know? Duh.


 

I bid my farewell to the production staff there. Good manners is important for an aspiring actress like me. I don't want any rumors about my ill attitudes, you know. That is bad publicity.


 

But when I catch the glimpse of the gay director with his purple fan, I snarl and 'bleeh' on his back. I just hope he didn't see that.


 

--


 

I stare on the piece of paper on the table in front of me. A pen beside it.


 

"What is this?" 


 

I ask and look up at the man in his mid-thirties who, even when I arrived, does not even pay me a look. He is so busy with those complicated looking analogues in the studio room.


 

"A contract. You can leave after signing it." he answers, still not looking at me.


 

I crease my brows. "Why do I have to sign it? It's only for two weeks." I say matter-of-factly.


 

This time, Teddy looks at me. "Two weeks is a long time, Miss..." he glances on the paper briefly, "Miss Park. I need a contract to seal the agreement. Who knows you'll leave after only a few days. It's difficult to find a replacement asap, you know."


 

"No way." I disagree as I hold the pen and sign the paper quickly. "Dollars is dollars." I explain with a shrug.


 

Teddy smiles at me. The kind of smile I know he just thought of something trivial. 


 

"My nephew can be sometimes...unpredictable." he laughs a little at the adjective he used. "Anyways, please take care of him."


 

I nod. "Don't worry. I can handle toddlers."


 

Teddy laughs out loud. "Ha! Ha! Ha! Toddlers?!" he exclaims, still laughing. "You are so funny, Miss Park. Didn't Park Bom told you about it?"


 

I l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter