The Strings

Dara, The Chambermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


I'm holding Jiyong in my arms. We are in a comfortable silence and how I wish this would last forever. After few more kisses earlier, we decided to lay down after and spend more moments just hugging each other and listening to each other's hearts. It is peaceful, serene, and feels intimate. Just the two of us. 'Kyaaa!' I squeal inside. 'God, how I miss him.'

 

 

I'm still smiling as I hold Jiyong tighter. I can't contain my giddiness as I give him another kiss on the cheek too.

 

 

Jiyong chuckles at this. "Ya, maid. Stop me." he kids.

 

 

I pout as I fist a handful of his hair and lightly pull it. "Don't joke with me, brute. I'll kiss you whenever I like." I lean forward and kiss his neck to prove my point, "Your punishment." and bite a skin there.

 

 

"A--ouch!" Jiyong tries to get away from my 'attack' but I'm having fun biting him there. Then I felt his hands on my waist and starts to tickles me there.

 

 

"Waa-- ha! ha! ha! Stop it, Ji---ha! ha! ha! Stop it!" I laugh and keep moving to avoid his tickles that we fell on the carpeted floor now.

 

 

"Argh." I wince as I fell first. I scowl as I look up to scold Jiyong when his smiling and pleased look stop me. Gosh, he looks so handsome. What makes him more appealing to me is his current happy state. Like he is also contented of what's happening to us right now.

 

 

I try to contain my smile but couldn't hold it anymore. I smile widely at him.

 

 

Jiyong leaned down and peck a kiss on my cheek. "I missed you, maid."

 

 

I grin, "I have missed you too, master."

 

 

Jiyong gives a hearty laugh after as he pull us up together. "I miss you calling me that too." he teases.

 

 

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, you like me to be always in your mercy, monster."

 

 

Jiyong laughs again. It sound pleasant to my ears. "Yeah, I do." he winks at me. "You're hilarious everytime I asked you to do something for me and you don't want to obey me. You never attempt to hide your dislike to me, maid. That was funny." he chuckles, "You indeed don't know me. And it was very entertaining."

 

 

I narrow my eyes at him.  "Yeah, yeah, you had been entertain making a fool out of me by calling you jobless and lazy most of my stay under your holy dictatorship, right, my holiness?"

 

 

Jiyong only laughs out loud at this. After calming down, he then gave me a heart-fluttering grin, "Well, I tried to tell you but you didn't believe me." then smirks at me after, as if telling me it's my own fault for not believing him he is actually far from being jobless and lazy. And that he actually owns an entertainment company - in his 20s!

 

 

Waa! This brute really. But God, why, oh why, life can be sometimes unfair?


 

 

I just roll my eyes at Jiyong. "Yeah, yeah, it's my fault, young master." I retort sarcastically.

 

 

Jiyong grins in victory as he pulls me closer to him. As if we're not already that close enough. 

 

 

"You don't have to call me that, babe. You've been relieved of that duty already." he whispers in my ears, giving me light goosebumps. "Besides, you're my girlfriend already." then bites me in the earlobe after.

 

 

"Kyaa---!!" I shout not in giddiness but in agony as I clasp his hair again and pulls it hard away from his assult to my poor neck. "Kwon Jiyong!"

 

 

The brute didn't stop as he keeps kissing me on the neck...while laughing. Clearly entertaining himself!

 

 

"Kwon Jiyong! You monster, stop i--!"

 

 

Ringgggg

 

 

Our 'little' flirting is cut as Jiyong's phone rings. He lazily fishes a nice-looking cellphone out of his pocket as I automatically distanced my self from him too. I look down on my neck, just to be horrified. Ghaad! This monster left marks on my neck again!

 

 

"Yes?" Jiyong answers, in his usual brusque way of answering phones, as he tries to reach for me too but I just shooed his hand away and glare at him. Jiyong laughs as he concentrate on the phonecall now. 

 

 

While I keep quiet, still frowning. I even kick his legs but Jiyong just ignores me. Aisht.

 

 

"Yes, we're coming down." he continues, "Are you done?" he listens on the other line, "Okay, okay. Good. We'll be there shortly. Can you please change the lightning in the room? Kind of look dim for the MV." Jiyong nods as if the person on the other line can see him. "Yeah, yeah. Thanks, sajangnim." then he ends the call.

 

 

Jiyong raises up from lying on the floor and pulls me up too as I remain staring at him. He then finally notices my deadpan reaction. "What?" he asks as he eyes me head to toe. It feels like he's checking on me for some reason.

 

 

I blink at him. "You sounded professional back then." I refer to the recent call.

 

 

Jiyong raises his eyebrow. "I didn't say much."

 

 

I shake my head. "No. But you sounded like a boss."

 

 

Jiyong smirks. "Well, babe, get used to it. Because I'm the boss." then winks at me after.

 

 

Well I don't know what to reply to that. 'Because he's right.' I roll my eyes.

 

 

"Come on. The band is waiting. It's our scenes turn now." He then eyed me from head to foot again. He then frowns after. "First we need to do something with your current state."

 

 

I look down on my self and immediately agrees to Jiyong. The current 'state' he is referring to means the wedding dress I'm wearing for the MV is now a mess. I look on the wall mirror in the room, my make-up is also a mess too. Plusss... the newly and fresh hickeys I got from the monster now. Great! Yup, that's my current state. And I need to re-touch. ASAP.

 

 

Jiyong offers his hand to me and I'm about to reach it when Jiyong suddenly stops halfway and stares at me. 

 

 

"What?" I ask him, impatient.

 

 

 

I'm worriedly thinking, 'What style to come up to hide this hickey on MY supposed to be wedding scene for the MV again?' Aisht, this brute really. Of all days. I frown, I should have gotten even with Jiyong and gives him hickeys too! But right then, my subconscious mind sarcastically reminds me, 'Well, starlet Dara, there's this thing called make-up to cover anything including hickeys, idiot. Duh.' I pout at this. I hate it when she's right.

 

 

I look up to Jiyong when I didn't hear his answers. He looks amuse. I must have been making faces again while debating with my 'own' self. 'Yeah. I'm a tiny bit whacko sometimes.'

 

 

I try to grin at Jiyong. "What?" I ask again when he is still not speaking at me and just looking at me.

 

 

"Nothing." he smiles. "It's just you look beautiful, Dara. In that wedding dress." Jiyong said, smiling tenderly at me.

 

 

I blush ten-fold at this. 'What?' Geez, Jiyong can be so randomnly sweet sometimes. "W-well.." Why I'm stammering? "Ah tha--"

 

 

"Maid." Jiyong cuts me before I embarassed my self further. His tone suddenly turns a bit serious now.

 

 

"Yes?" I answer as I try to calm my self. His rare compliments on me still lingers my thoughts and shaking me.

 

 

Jiyong tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear first as he stares deeply at me. "You have to understand that after we leave this room, our lives changes." His looks on me deepened. "Your life will change."

 

 

Then offers his hand to me again, "Are you ready for it, Dara?"

 

 

I stop at his question. I hesitated. Ready for what? I feel nervous instantly. I don't know what I should be ready for. But something tells me inside, it's gonna be big. What's happening to me recently are already big and each day it's just getting bigger. Am I really ready for this? All my life I dream for big changes in my life, big changes in my career...and now, that it is happening, I am afraid of taking the steps much further. Am I really ready?

 

 

I gulp. I'm suddenly afraid. I look up and the assuring eyes of the monster; no, my former master; no, my boyfriend, my Kwon Jiyong brought relief to my self. 

 

 

"I have you. That's what matters." I tell him, surprising Jiyong with my answer.

 

 

He even looks down, laugh on himself, shake his head, and when he looks up again, I saw him blushing it stuns me. He gives me an assuring smile too as he offers his hand again.

 

 

I nod, smile and reach for his hand.

 

 

--

 

 

When we arrived in the MV Shooting location in the studio, I feel so nervous I thought I'll faint again. 

 

 

Who wouldn't be? When after I apologized respectfully to the team for my fainting drama earlier, this certain G-Dragon, leader of BIG BANG, star of the night, makes it sure I don't leave his side, and does not want to let go of my hand!

 

 

Oh, gosh, for goodness' sake! We're in a shooting, not on a date! 

 

 

I keep on pulling my hand away from Jiyong's grasp most especially when people starts to give us curious look. Gosh, Jiyong, you'll be the headache of me. We need to act professional and not lovey-dovey when working! Like P-R-O-F-E-S-S-I-O-N-A-L and not you dragging me around when you give orders to the staff including the Director, who actually listens to him! 

 

 

Just how big G-Dragon is for a well-known director to listen to him, I don't know. It is still astounding, and a shock for me!

 

 

I try to pull my hand for the nth time but Jiyong just clasp it tighter. He is still talking to the director and giving him instructions. 'Sheesh. What am I a pet?' I roll my eyes. 'Possessive jerk.'

 

 

I give up as I look around the studio. I still saw some people giving curious looks on my direction. I frown. I can totally envision the headlines for tomorrow's papers,

 

 

BIGBANG'S COMEBACK. AND BIGBANG'S LEADER G-DRAGON'S SEEN WITH SANDARA PARK, A STARLET.

 

 

Yikes. I already dreaded to read newspaper tomorrow. Such a waste because I also like reading the entertainment gossip section of the newspapers. Hehe.

 

 

I sigh as I also puff my bangs upwards. I'll just give up and wait for Jiyong to be tired holding me... and dragging me around like a pet.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter