The Calls

Dara, The Chambermaid
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

a/n: From Hundred dollars salary, I replace it to THOUSAND dollars salary since I just realized today I was wrong there.LOL. Thanks for loveGD18 for pointing that out.kk. Guys, you don't have to mind my mistake in the figures, really.lol. My fault for not converting it before *facepalm*. Anyways, enjoy the update! Thanks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up and realize it's already dark. I groan. I almost sleep the whole day. I touch my cheeks and there, I still feel my tear-stricken face.

 

 

I sigh as I look around the apartment. I'm finally back. I look down at the blanket over me. I smile. "Bom." 

 

 

I notice a note beside the lampshade too. I reach it. It's from Bom.

 

 

'Rabbit, as much as I want 2 talk to u, I couldn't. I got an urgent call 4 my MV making. I'll call u later, 'kay? I cooked dinner 4 u too. It's chicken stew. Your fave right? Anyong! Cheer up.'

- BOM

 

 

I smile after as I fold the note carefully. After resting almost a day and crying my hearts out at Bom, I actually cheer up a little. It's nice to have friends. I now stand up as I walk towards our apartment's small kitchen. In the middle of the table, I see Bom's chicken stew. I stop there.

 

 

"Chicken." My nose crinkle at that. Let's talk about chicken.

 

 

Well, this is still Bom's cooking and I know how sensitive Bom can be if you ignore her cookings BUUUTTTT this is still chicken! And it might sound childish, but I don't like chickens anymore.

 

 

AND I AM childish. Frowning, I separate the stew and chicken in two different bowls. I then get a frying pan and turn on the stove. After heating the pan, I fry the chicken. Yeah, that's how you do to chickens, FRY them.

 

 

I'm enjoying frying my chicken when the apartment's telephone rings. I turn off the stove first before picking the call.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Rabbit!" Bom's excited voice answers the other line.

 

 

Odd, but I expected another voice. I smile sadly. For the past two weeks, Kwon Jiyong has been my sole caller. I shake my head at the thoughts as I sit on the sofa.

 

 

"Yeah, Bommie?" I try to sound cheerful. I don't want her to worry.

 

 

"Hey!" Bom's still loud. "Are you okay now?"

 

 

"Yes." 'No.'

 

 

Then Bom gives fits of giggles again. Okayy, what is this? Bom's been giddy.

 

 

"Dara!" she calls me excitedly again. "You can't believe this! Oh, gosh, I'm so excited to spill the news. Oh, gosh, rabbit! I kn--"

 

 

"Cut it short, Bom." I frankly cut Bom. I'm getting hungry too.

 

 

Bom just giggles again. "Dara! Can you believe that the people behind my new music video ACTUALLY requested to include YOU in making it?! Oh, gosh!"

 

 

My ears perks up at this immediately as I sit straight now. I'm even pressing the telephone's speaker on my ears harder now.

 

 

"You're kidding." I finally say. Oh, gosh, this is a pleasant news. I'll be acting beside Bom! Even if it's still an extra, though. But this is still WITH Bom.

 

 

Bom laughs on the other line. "I know right? But it's true, rabbit! And since I'm also your manager, I signed the deal already."

 

 

I didn't comment that. I know Bom already.

 

 

"Guess what role you got this time?" Bom hangs the question in the air. Cliffhangingly me.

 

 

I become excited at this as I grin now. "What?"

 

 

"Maid role. Ha! Ha! Ha! What else!" Bom laughs maniacally on the other line too.

 

 

My smile automatically drops at this as I go back to slouch on the sofa. "I knew it." and Bom's still laughing. I pout. "And Bom, your laugh is really insulting." Maid role! When can I really get away from THAT role? I've been typecast eversince!

 

 

Bom is still laughing on the other line but she try to get back on herself after. I forgive her for that. "Ha ha, sorry for that, rabbit. But it's different this time." she says, and I can imagine her smiling now.

 

 

I crease my forehead. "What do you mean?"

 

 

Bom sounds excited again. "Your maid role has LEVELED UP already, rabbit! You're my MAID OF HONOR! I play the bride, by the way!"

 

 

I think I just choke there. 'Maid of Honor?'

 

 

Bom continues, "Yeah, yeah, there's still the maid part but come on, this is the classiest maid role created out there, rabbit. And it's for you! The maid of the South Korean Showbusiness!" Bom really doesn't have to say that. "And you deserve this!"

 

 

But I still laugh with Bom "Okay, okay, calm down, Bommie. That's actually nice. Me acting for your music."

 

 

Bom giggles again. "I know right? I'm excited too. I'll make sure you will get the spotlight this time, rabbit, and let everybody else see what they've missing here." then Bom sounded with pride in her voice, "We will let the whole entertainment see what they've been missing here, rabbit. That they've been taking Sandara Park, the next millenial actress, for granted, and for almost a year already too! Oh, Dara, I can't wait for you to take over Korean television shows by storm!"

 

 

I laugh at Bom's exaggerations. That sounds nice but, "That's sweet, Bommie, but I'm afraid that will take time first. I'm still stuck playing extras, remember?"

 

 

"No!" Bom shouts on the other line I quickly distanced the phone from my ear instantly. "And there goes my second news! You will have your drama as the lead actress soon, rabbit!"

 

 

I jawdropped at this. "What?" Bom's better not be kidding or else.... LEAD actress? Oh, gosh.

 

 

Then in a taunting voice, Bom asks, "Guess who you'll be acting with in this drama?" she asks teasingly. "Come on, guess, guess."

 

 

My heart hammers agonizingly at this. I gulp. "Who?"

 

 

"Lee Minho!"

 

 

I think I'll faint. Oh, Jesus. Oh, God. I will faint and I promise to revive myself after too. THE Lee Minho! Kyah!!!

 

 

"Oh, gosh, Bommie." I can only say to Bom after. Oh, gosh.

 

 

"Yes!" Bom agrees. "And prepare yourself already too. And be at your prettiest and best condition because you will have a grand photoshoot with Lee Minho the day after tomorrow! For promotion purposes!"

 

 

I think I drop my heart at this. Grand photoshoot? The day after tomorrow? That soon? 'Holy cow.'

 

 

What did I do to deserve all of these? And after I'm heartbroken too! Oh, gosh, if being heartbroken resulted this then I SHOULD have been heartbroken even before already! 

 

 

Ha, ha. I will be a popular actress, a fashionista, ANDD Kwon Jiyong will drool seeing me. He cannot play with my poor self again. I will rebirth my self and roar in this industry, stronger than ever! RAWRR!

 

 

Ha! Ha! Ha!

 

 

"Dara, are you still there?" Bom asks.

 

 

I smile at my silliness as I clear my throat. "Yes, Bom." I think something changes in me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter