Surprise

Kpop One Shots

A/N: I wrote this story for a friend of mine. I hope you enjoy it :)

 

 

“Oppa!”

Jin turned around to see you running towards him.

“Jin oppa!” you ran towards him and then hugged him.

“What’s up? Why were you running?” he asked, amused by how cute you looked even though you were panting.

“Mom wanted me to give this to you. She said you needed it.” you gave him a cook book about desserts.

“Ah yes. I asked her yesterday if I could borrow it. But you didn’t have to run all the way here just to give it to me. You could have given it later or you could have left it at home with mom.”

“It’s okay oppa. I didn’t want to forget it later so I thought it’s better to give it to you now.” you smiled to reassure him.

“Aww you are so cute!” he laughed while pinching your cheeks.

“Oppa stop that! You know how much that hurts.”

“I can’t help it if you always act that cute.”

You pouted and glared at him. But that only made Jin laugh more. So you turned around, preparing to leave him to himself when you were stopped by a pair of arms around your waist.

“Don’t be mad. I promise I won’t do that again.” He whispered to your ear.

Your heart skipped a beat when you felt his arms wrap around your waist. Hearing his voice so near sent butterflies to your stomach. You needed to calm yourself before answering him back.

“But you’ve been saying that since before, oppa”

“Yeah but you know I mean it right?”

Before you could even answer him, he quickly gave you a kiss on the cheek.

“Thanks for the book! See you later!” he shouted while running off to somewhere.

You can only wave to him. You were so shocked by what happened that you can’t move.

What just happened? Did Jin really kissed me? Did that really happen? OMG.

You felt your cheeks turn red as you remembered what happened, you were covering your cheeks as you walked back home.

 

 

*at the coffee shop*

“What took you so long?” Hoseok asked Jin as he was taking his seat.

“She gave me the cook book I borrowed from her mom.”

“Do you know which of this desserts are her favorite?” Namjoon asked as he flipped through the cook book.

“I know she likes the chocolate cake and the chocolate chip cookies. I’ll try making them by tomorrow so I can do the surprise next week.”

“Okay hyung. We’ll help you however we can. Just tell us what to do.” Hoseok being enthusiastic for the surprise Jin was preparing for Tinch.

 

 

*the next day*

“Hyung the oven is already done. Looking at the cake, I think it already taste good.” Namjoon said as he was getting the cake out of the oven.

“It looks good hyung! I though you were only good at cooking. It turns out, you’re also good at baking.” Hoseok praised Jin as he saw the cake Namjoon was holding.

“Now all we need is to put icing and a little design and we’re good. I hope it also taste as good as it looks.”

Jin, Hoseok and Namjoon started baking the cake and cookies that Jin will prepare for his surprise for Tinch. The cookies were already done earlier because it was easier to do than the cake. Luck was on their side because they got it on the first try. Now they just have to try the cake after designing.

“Done. Now all we need to do is taste test the cake.”

“What are we waiting for? Come on let’s try it!” Namjoon was the first to taste. After eating one bite of the cake he smiled and gave Hoseok and Jin a thumbs up signaling that the cake was alright. Jin and Hoseok also tried a bite and was surprised that it tasted better than expected.

“Hyung you really have a talent even at baking! This cake taste so good.”

“Who would have thought that we would achieve it in one try.”

“Hyung you’re the best! I know Tinch will like this.”

“Thanks guys. Now the only thing left is the place where I’ll do the surprise.”

“Leave that to me” Hoseok smiled his signature smile while holding his thumbs up.

 

 

*a week later*

You were dressed in your favorite blue dress, hair curled and with a little make-up just to accentuate your features. Jin told you to dress up for today because he has a surprise for you. You didn’t know what he was planning and where you were going to meet. He just told you to be ready by 7 PM and that someone will accompany you from your house to where he is.

You were already getting nervous as 7 PM was approaching. You pace your room thinking of what would happen. What is Jin planning to do? Why did he ask me to dress up for today? Who will accompany me to where Jin is? Your thoughts were interrupted as the doorbell rang. Your mom opened the door and was met by Hoseok.

“Good evening. I’m Jung Hoseok and I’m friends with Jin. He asked me to accompany __________ to where they will meet.”

As Hoseok finished, you were already by your mom’s side.

“Oh Hoseok what are are you doing here? Are you the one who’ll accompany me to where Jin is?”

“Yes ________. So, are you ready?”

“Yes I am.”

“Let’s go.” They waved goodbye to mom as they approached the car.

 

 

 

They drove for 30 mins. Until they reached their destination.

“Go inside and show this to the front desk. She will know where you’ll go.” Hoseok gave you a card that had some writing.

“You won’t go with me?”

“Unfortunately I won’t. It’s Jin hyung you’re here for so I wouldn’t want to disturb you two. Have fun!”

“Thanks Hoseok. You’re such a good friend.”

 

 

Upon entering the room, you noticed that only one table has a candle lit while the others are not. The room was dimly lit to fit the atmosphere. The staff lets you sit on the chair where the only candle is lit.  As you sat on the chair, you noticed the food on the table. It’s two of your favorite desserts, chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies. You also noticed that they were homemade, the same ones that your mom bakes. While you were focused on the desserts, you heard a voice singing….

 

Just one day

If only I could be with you…

Just one day

If only I could hold your hand…

Just one day

If only you and I could be together…

 

You saw Jin, holding a bouquet of flowers, approaching you slowly. You were overwhelmed that your eyes were getting watery. He stopped in front of you and repeated the last line of the song.

 

Just one day

If only you and I could be together…

 

You were fighting back the tears from falling as you talked. “What is this oppa?”

“It’s my surprise for you. I’ve been wanting to do this for so long but I didn’t have the courage. I thought I would ruin our friendship if I did this. And I don’t want that to happen, but now I’m ready to tell you my real feelings for you.” He took a deep breath and continued. “I love you. More than just a friend. I’ve been in love with you since I can remember. I would always want you to be with me, I get sad when you’re not here, I get jealous when I see you with other guys and every time you smile my heart skips a beat.”

All this time you thought your feelings were one sided. That you were the only one that had feelings for him. This is the first time you saw him like that. You were so happy that you can’t fight the tears anymore and it just fell.

“I’ve been waiting for a long time to ask you this.” He hesitated for a moment. But he gathered all his strength and offered her the bouquet of flowers he was holding and asked her. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

You reached for the bouquet, smiled and nodded. You were afraid to speak because your voice might come out shaky.

“Really?”

You nodded again to confirm him of your answer.

He hugged you tight. He can’t believe that you said yes to him. He was so happy that they felt the same way about each other. He cupped your cheeks and looked you in the eyes. “Today it’s official. You are my girlfriend.” And then he kissed you. You put your free arm around his neck as he kissed you. As he broke off the kiss, he looked at you and smiled. You blushed as a result.

“Now that we’re official, why don’t we start eating.” They laughed and approached their table. He helped you sit before he sat on his chair.

“What do you want to eat first? The appetizer, the main course of the dessert?”

“Dessert first. I want to try what you baked for me.”

“How did you know that I baked it?”

“I noticed that it looks like what mom bakes for me when I crave for desserts. Now I know why you borrowed mom’s dessert cook book.” You laughed at the sudden realization.

“I hope you enjoy this one as much as you enjoy your mom’s baking.”

“Oppa, you know I like everything you make right? And you haven’t had a bad tasting food. So I am confident that I will enjoy this desserts.”

“Thank you for the compliment "

“You’re welcome oppa. Come on let’s try your desserts.”