Lightsticks, Photobooks and a Picture of you.

Lightsticks, Photobooks and a Picture of you.

 

“Wait!” Jongdae calls out, running towards the tall boy as he struggles with the box of banners he is carrying.

“Hurry the up Jongdae the others have already entered! We don’t want to lose to that brat’s fans do we?” said tall boy curtly replies, grabbing the box away from Jongdae’s arms.

“Tweet to let the fans know we would be at Gate A3!” tall boy commands, walking towards the empty carpark space in front of the KINTEX concert hall.

This is an important day. The first concert the pop duo will hold, two years after their debut in February. Fanboys are a minority, and having a fansite run by a male is quite uncommon, especially when all you hear are shrill female screams every time you attend one of RxG‘s event.

Yes, Park Chanyeol is a fanboy. In fact he’s not your average fanboy who sits behind the computer and cries at oppa—no wait, cries at hyung. He is the proud master of one of Kai’s biggest fansites – If You C Kai. With more than 100,000 followers on their twitter, as well as a great number of YouTube subscribers and site membership, inevitably, both the site and the owner are really popular.

It is no surprise that the girls waiting around the venue start to flock towards him in hopes to get the “If You C Kai, Say Hi! <3” banner, as well as some freebies of the site (hint: photocards and A3-size posters of a sweaty Kai).

Jongdae arrives a short while later, carrying another box and dropping it immediately on the floor before the girls start grabbing the paper fans and banners with Kai’s face printed on it with much squeezing, squealing and of course, spazzing.

“Let’s hope things go well eh, masternim?” Jongdae grins up at Chanyeol, as he gets the two huge Canon DSLR cameras ready.


----


“! You can’t do this to me! I’m the master of If You C Kai I need to be there! Kai recognizes me!!” Chanyeol screams, trying to lunge forward back into the concert hall. The two burly guards hold on to him, dragging him further away, before going back inside and slamming the door at his face.

“Argh!” Chanyeol kicks the door in annoyance, sulking as he pulled out his phone to text Jongdae.

 

I’m out. Do your well.

To: Trollface



As Chanyeol’s trying to think of a way to sneak back in, he hears a shrill cry followed immediately by a string of cuss words

Another one out, Chanyeol snorts, as he looks around to see two girls sitting on the plastic chairs outside of the concert hall, one already in tears of desperation.

Chanyeol paces back and forth. He stops and tries pushing the doors open but it’s shut tight. Letting out a groan of defeat, he slumps on one of the chairs.

The tall boy’s ears perk up when he hears the doors open; he shoots up from his seat and looks at the direction of the door, just to see another boy getting thrown out by the two staff.

The boy walks over with heavy footsteps, head hung low. He’s wearing a bright pink T-shirt with a face of Sehun doing aegyo printed on it and Chanyeol nearly barfs.

He really doesn’t like Sehun’s face.

The boy is shorter and smaller than him, with straight brown hair coming down right up to his eyes. He plops himself down two seats away from Chanyeol, pouting as he looks through the pictures he took with his huge camera. Chanyeol looks away, staring back at the empty concourse. He has no intention of getting acquainted with any sehun fan.

He always thought that he’s the only male fansite master in this fandom. Chanyeol and his site has been around even when only the teasers were released. He easily recognizes most of the fansite masters, and those who came and left during the past two years or so.

While spacing out, just waiting for time to pass, he hears a sniffle. He peeks over at the other boy who is now wiping his teary eyes.

Chanyeol swallows, a small frown settles on his face.

“Hey,” Chanyeol greets. “You are new, right? Haven’t seen you around before. Sehun’s fanboy?”

The boy lifts his head and glances his way before giving a small nod.

This is awkward, Chanyeol thinks, playing and tossing his phone as the silence between them stretches.

“Um… you are Chanyeol right? The tall guy running If You C Kai?” the boy asks Chanyeol in a small voice a few moments later, pulling the camera strap over his head.

Chanyeol feels proud, he feels senpai. Of course people will know him.

“Yes I am,” Chanyeol smiles, offering the boy a hand. He hopes this boy is feeling much better, and in time, will be able to gather more experience to survive in this… industry.

They, as fans, just have to deal with it and learn to be smarter and stealthier next time. Being a fansite master is never easy. Not only do you have to deal with annoying and jealous haters, thousands of other fans and several other fansites, you also have to face the security, the managers, and the damn company.

Yes, Chanyeol has seen it all and knew it all.

“I’m Bee, master of the newly opened Yehetman!” Bee announces proudly, holding his laughter in as he whispers yehet before holding Chanyeol’s hand, shaking it and returning an affable smile back to the tall boy.

His hand feels so soft and smooth and it fits so nicely in Chanyeol’s big warm ones.

A trace of pink tinges the boy’s nose, probably from the chilly autumn air while his eyes are a little puffy, glistening with moisture from crying earlier on. His features are soft, his skin is fair and clear, and Chanyeol might just have stared a little too long at Bee’s face.

And he might want to know this Oh Sehun’s fan better.

 

----
 


Chanyeol closes the Photoshop window, rubbing his eyes as he checks the time on his phone in the dark. 2:56AM, the screen reads. A few more pictures and he’ll be done with the photo updates for the fansign last week.

He sits up on his bed and stares at the screen of his MacBook, waiting for the backup to complete. Soon, he finds himself typing in the web address www.yehetman.kr (what the is a yehet man, Chanyeol thinks) into the search bar. Seconds later, loud music starts blasting through his MacBook speakers, and the last thing Chanyeol sees just before he slams the screen shut was a page with the colours similar to Sehun’s head of parrot feathers and an obnoxious glittery page banner that reads – You make my heart go Ohorat!

Chanyeol looks welcomes the sudden darkness, the silence of the night calming him and ultimately luring him to sleep. He rubs his face, trying to shake the memories of that horrifying website away from his mind. He pushes his MacBook aside and plops onto the bed, pulling the sheets up before settling into a comfortable position.

The silence in Chanyeol’s room  is disrupted, a hushed whisper of geez ing autoplay audible in the stillness of 3:10AM

 

--

 

“Bad night?” Jongdae asks perfunctorily as he pushes a cup of coffee towards Chanyeol when the taller boy sits down across from him.

“Just up late working on the pictures and stuff, you know,” Chanyeol responds blearily, taking a sip of his coffee as he glances up at Jongdae. He raises his eyebrows, questioning the weird look Jongdae is now giving him.

“I heard Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie blasting through your room at bloody 3AM last night,” Jongdae finally speaks up, quickly mumbling an I went to pee before staring back at Chanyeol again.

Chanyeol groans, palms rubbing his face, looking more exhausted than before. “Just this ing stupid fan site with autoplay, you know how dumb this is Jongdae? Who puts autoplay on such a hideous website?”

“Only a Sehun site.” Jongdae states as a matter of factly, clearing the plates he used and putting them into the sink. Chanyeol raises his  once more. Jongdae actually has good sense.

“Forget about other people’s website, Chanyeol. Since when do you even check what the other fans do?” Jongdae pats his back then walks into his room, coming out moments later with his bag slung over his shoulder. “Hurry up, master-nim! We have class and photobooks to print!”

Chanyeol silently agrees, gobbling the rest of his butter toast and chugging it down with coffee.


--


Jongdae is Chanyeol’s best friend and roommate, as well as the co-master of If You C Kai. It wasn’t easy for Chanyeol to rope Jongdae in to run the site together. His best friend here isn’t actually a fan and often complains that he’d rather be taking pictures of girl group members dancing in short skirts and tights.

You might wonder how Chanyeol succeeded in making Jongdae the site’s co-owner. It actually didn’t take long for him to figure out that his best friend has huge crush on his sister’s friend, who conveniently, is a member of one of Korea’s hottest girl group.

So Chanyeol arranged a lunch date for them, under the condition that Jongdae agrees to join him. Jongdae came back from the date that day, mopey and sighing every few minutes. He sat down and picked a handful of popcorn from Chanyeol’s bowl, earning a disgruntled look from the taller boy.

“A hot guy came to pick up noona, and noona looked so happy. Noona would never look my way nor will she like me”, Jongdae groaned before burying his face into the sofa, at the spot right beside Chanyeol’s .

Chanyeol wanted to laugh at how Jongdae thought he could have a chance, but he kept it in. He needed to be sensitive, the one to provide a shoulder for his dejected friend to cry on. He needed to be best friend material.

Chanyeol patted his friend’s back, “You know, Kai will look your way if you call him or hold up his banner, which is how I get so many good shots. You should join me.”

Eventually, Jongdae who always wanted to be a dancer, got into the fandom because he loved the way Kai exuded charisma and passion with his smooth moves.


--


“Hey isn’t that Bee?” Chanyeol steps forward, craning his neck to get a clearer view.

Jongdae’s question regarding who this Bee person was is left unanswered as Chanyeol shoves the box of photobooks into his arms and starts to walk towards the petite boy standing at the bus stop who is currently pulling out earphones from his bag.

"Hey," Chanyeol calls out, sounding a little breathless, voice lower and huskier, as he taps on the smaller boy's shoulder.

Bee spins around abruptly, the pom pom on his beanie smacking Chanyeol in the face. He blinks once, twice, before the look of confusion is quickly replaced with a bright grin and twinkling of eyes.

"Hello Chanyeol! Great to see you here~" he sing-songs. It’s obvious that he is in a good mood and this brings a smile to Chanyeol's face, heart swelling at the sight of Bee's cheeriness. Chanyeol can see two adorable fangs and straight white teeth. Strange how he sees the similarity between the boy and his aunt's kitten. Did he also mention that Bee's smile can be crowned in some... smile pageant?

Oh there's no such thing, right.

Never mind, Chanyeol will give all the awards to this boy and his beautiful smile either way.

Chanyeol’s yanked from his mind palace (yeah, he watches Sherlock too but his mind palace isn't a place for him to be smart, it simply is a place where he starts to imagine and daydream.) when Bee's face appears larger, inching closer to his.

"I asked you, will you be flying to Japan this weekend?" Bee speaks louder and slower, trying to make sure that chanyeol has heard him clearly this time.

"Japan what?" Chanyeol stutters, before catching on what Bee actually meant. "Ahh, right Japan. Of course I would," he pauses in thought, "will you?" he asks, internally smacking himself in the face for sounding so expectant.

"I think so, unless I can't finish up the rest of my project before Friday!" Bee sighs, muttering school while shaking his head. Chanyeol finds himself staring at the pom-pom atop his head. Why did he have the urge to bite on it, while pinching Bee’s softly rounded cheeks?

"You can do it, Mr. Pom-pom" Jongdae adds in flatly, walking towards the pair and keeping his eyes on Chanyeol with the you this little look on his face.

Jongdae shoves the box of photobooks back to chanyeol, before stretching his hand out for a handshake with the boy he has yet to properly meet.

"Hi, I'm Kim Jongdae, the co-owner of If You C Kai!" Jongdae introduces himself politely, giving a firm handshake to Bee.

Before the other boy can introduce himself back, Jongdae immediately asks what his real name is.

"You know, I'm sure Bee isn't your real name. And Chanyeol, my friend here," he elbows the taller boy who returns a disinterested glance at him, "would love to know about you more, too!" Jongdae announces with glee.

Chanyeol sputters, nearly dropping the box on his feet.

"Oh," Bee nods with understanding, "that's great! I always wanted to know more people in the fandom, because we all have this... connection," he says with a wink. Bee rummages through his bag, pulling out what seems to be a pair of Sehun's photocards.

And hands them to him.

"I'm Bee from Yehetman! But call me Baekhyun since we are already friends, right?" he says a little hesitantly, his gaze turn to Chanyeol, biting his bottom lip as he looks into his eyes, before flickering back to Jongdae (who is now grabbing the photocards).

Bee. Baekhyun.


--


After that fateful meeting at the bus stop, Chanyeol goes back to his shared apartment with Jongdae.

"Uh," Chanyeol starts.

"You want his number." Jongdae deadpans, shutting his best friend up before he can continue.

Chanyeol closes his mouth and gulps.

"Who was the one who wanted to pull me away when I pestered Baekhyun to give us his number?" Jongdae replies to that with a smirk, holding his phone out and scrolling through his contacts.

Chanyeol reaches out to grab the phone but it was futile, as the jerk of a friend he has retracted the phone back before he can hold onto it.

"Not so easy, mate!"

Chanyeol groans. "What do you want then you er!"

Jongdae scowls, muttering rude, before he starts to grin. Evilly.


--


So here Chanyeol is, in a lovely pastel pink Kimono with cherry blossoms printed on it , standing outside Yoyogi National Gymnasium, fanning his best friend like a good servant.

"Look at how the kawaii girls are looking at us master-nim!" Jongdae exclaims excitedly, distributing support goods for Kai.

Chanyeol knocks on his head with the hand held fan, earning a this from his friend.

"Chanyeol? Jongdae?"

Chanyeol wants to bury his face into his kimono as he sees Baekhyun moving towards them. Baekhyun’s beaming, giving Chanyeol a once over before laughing and clapping like a deranged seal.

"Oh my god, Kai would definitely notice you like this!" Baekhyun gushes, pulling at the sleeve of the taller's Kimono. "But I don't think I'll lose to you much! Tadaaa!!" he exclaims happily, pulling out a huge strawberry head gear, and eagerly fixing it over his head.

"Do you think I'll be visible enough for Sehun? Do you think I need to attach lights at the top? He'll look at me and my camera right?" Baekhyun starts shooting questions away at Jongdae, who is now helping to balance the gigantic headgear atop the petite boy's head. Chanyeol’s best friend starts squealing, telling Baekhyun to do something cute as he pulls out his phone to snap a picture.

Before Chanyeol knows it, he was shoved beside Baekhyun and- *snap*

Chanyeol swears he'll murder the (who is hopping around and telling Baekhyun to do something other than a V-finger).


--


“Which hotel are you staying at?” Jongdae asks the boy sitting across from him, while keeping his camera into its bag. The fan event has just ended, so the trio made their way to a cafe to seek shelter from the sudden rain and also to upload previews to their site's twitter account.

Chanyeol returns with three mugs of hot chocolate then sits between the two boys, quietly sipping the smooth creamy chocolate as he watches the night scenes right outside the window of the small cafe tucked somewhere behind the busy junction.

Baekhyun looks out through the glass panel, pouting a little and watching the drizzle drenching the pavement. “I don’t know Jongdae I didn’t really have time to book a hotel before flying here so I guess I’ll stay in a cheap hostel for the night?” Baekhyun explains, taking a small sip from his mug, steam fogging up his glasses.

The lights out on the streets are blurry splotches, colours distorted by the raindrops clinging on to the cool glass. With hurried footsteps, pedestrians pull their coats tight across their chests, water splashing everywhere with every step they make.

Chanyeol feels a nudge on his leg. He turns to look at his right, mouthing a what? Jongdae looks at Chanyeol with narrowed eyes, urging him to say something.

"Uh. Baekhyun."

Baekhyun returns his gaze back inside the cafe, tilting his head at an angle and giving Chanyeol a tiny smile. "Yeah?"

Chanyeol glances over at Jongdae, eyes seeking for help. Yet his so called best friend just calmly sips on his hot chocolate, eyes shut and humming one of RxG’s songs.

He takes in a breath deeply, clearing his throat.

"If you don't mind, do you want to stay with us? We can ask for an extra bed?" Chanyeol suggests, albeit uncertainly.

Baekhyun’s face lights up, eyes twinkling under the dim lights above ther table. He nods with a little hesitance, before agreeing to take him up on the offer.

"Great! Now let's make our way there I'm tired," Jongdae pushes his chair back abruptly and stretches his back, arms extending behind him. He turns and walks out with Baekhyun following right after.

Chanyeol sighs, shaking his head. He can tell that his best friend is up to something. Chugging down the rest of his drink, he tries to ignore the warm feeling spreading across his chest, a contrast to his cold body on that rainy autumn night.


--


"So I got my strawberry headgear from a TVXQ charity auction! Paid 560,000 won for it and there's even Yunho's signature inside!" Baekhyun chatters excitedly, flipping the large strawberry to its bottom to show Jongdae the autograph of the famous idol.

Chanyeol wipes his hair with a towel, freshened up from a warm soak in the tub. On the double bed lies the two smaller boys, chatting about their day. He sits down on the single bed placed at the corner of the room and starts up his MacBook. Time to edit pictures~

He was on his seventh picture (Kai is doing a heart with Sehun here)  wondering if he should crop Sehun away or blur him out – when the bed suddenly sinks and a pair of feet rests on his thigh.

Chanyeol swats them away, disgust planted on his face.

"I'm tired I'm going to sleep. Now." Jongdae says with a serious tone, staring at Chanyeol as if the other has done something wrong.

"What do you mean you can sleep there-" Chanyeol gestures to the double bed in the middle, but got cut off halfway when he sees Baekhyun enter the room with a Sehun sleeping mask resting upon his head.

Chanyeol mentally facepalm himself at the sight of Sehun's eyes printed on the cloth. He swears it’s plain creepy, although he has the Kai version of it tucked inside his baggage. Chanyeol insists only the Sehun version is creepy (He has weird angry eyes! Chanyeol once exclaimed to Jongdae when he picked up a Sehun eye mask while shopping in Galaxy Entertainment's pop up store). No further arguments, Sehun is a weird and creepy kid full stop.

He shudders when Baekhyun lays down on the bed, pulling the sleeping mask over his eyes. Just then, the short boy suddenly sits up and pulls the mask away. "I'm sorry do I sleep here?" he asks cautiously, looking at Jongdae then back at Chanyeol.

"I need to sleep alone. I kick a lot. I snore a lot. I even swear in my dreams," Jongdae directs the reply to Chanyeol, hastily pulling up the sheets and patting his best friend's , pushing him off the bed. "Now now don't look at me like that. I know you love your best friend but Baekhyun would be a better sleeping buddy eh!"

Jongdae gives Chanyeol a salute. "So goodnight!"

With that, Chanyeol's best friend switches off the lights on the main control and turn on to his side with his back at the other two boys

Chanyeol breathes out slowly, shuffling his way in the dark to the shared bed. He places his MacBook aside and sits on the edge of the mattress.

Baekhyun watches Chanyeol in the dark, barely visible with the small amount of light that seeps into the room which casts a soft glow on the taller boy's face.

Baekhyun thinks he's handsome – well balanced features with large bright eyes, cute pointed ears and soft lips...

Belatedly realizing where his thoughts are heading, Baekhyun scrambles to run away from his thoughts and throws himself on the mattress, burying himself beneath the sheets, flustered.

Oblivious, Chanyeol slips on his Kai eye mask before laying himself down slowly beside Baekhyun. "Goodnight Baekhyun."

The last thing he hears before he drifts away to dreamscape was a small and soft goodnight chanyeol.


----


"Get up, get up we need to be at the airport!" Jongdae screeches, voice breaking through the tranquility of the early morning.

Chanyeol throws a pillow that lands smack on the other's face. Groaning, he shifts to his right. Almost instantly, all haziness in his mind cleared up. His face flushes and his eyes widen as he stares at the face of Baekhyun right beside him, still fast asleep.

Slow breathing and occasional movements behind his eyelids, lips cracked from the dry air, the shadows from his eyelashes casted fan out like the delicate wings of a butterfly against his soft cheeks. Chanyeol takes these all in, unable to tear his eyes away from Baekhyun, his heart is hammering wildly against his chest.

"Good view eh, our Chanyeollie?" Jongdae's hushed whisper full of teasing and mockery, enters Chanyeol ears, breath so close to his face. Chanyeol jolts suddenly and pushes his friend's face away, not knowing that Jongdae has been admiring a sleeping Baekhyun as well right beside him for quite some time.

"You are such a sometimes, Jongdae" Chanyeol spits out, tall limbs untangling from the sheets and then making his way to the bathroom.

Obnoxious laughter wakes the sleeping boy up. Rubbing his eyes and letting out a yawn, he feels a hand ruffling through his messy bed hair.

"I take that back Jongdae," Baekhyun hears a low husky voice calling out from the bathroom, "You are a ing every single second!" same voice yells out, a toothbrush flying out of nowhere straight right at the boy standing in from of him, who holds his stomach in a guffaw.


----


From: Baekhyun

Asleep?


Chanyeol tosses over to his side on the bed and starts typing into his phone, the dim glow illuminating his sleepy face. This is the first time Baekhyun has texted him first, after that awkward hello Chanyeol sent the boy when he got his number from Jongdae.


To: Baekhyun

No :) why?


Minutes later, with Chanyeol almost falling into slumber again, the phone by his side buzzes with a new message.


From: Baekhyun

Do you want to attend Sehun's musical with me next week? I have free tickets ^^


Chanyeol reads the message again. Why the hell would he want to watch a performance with Sehun and no Kai?


To: Baekhyun

Sure! Text me the place~


He flips over on his back, limbs spread across the bed.

Chanyeol swears he can hear his best friend sniggering in his head.


--


Autumn transits into the bitter cold winter, the ground hidden under the blanket of snow, trees bare and white. An evening like this in Seoul, Chanyeol thinks it's pretty and peaceful, without much people bustling on the streets.

It makes perfect sense that people will want to stay stay indoors, warm and comfortable. So why is he freezing his out here, waiting for someone?

"Here!"

Baekhyun chuckles, handing a warm can of coffee into Chanyeol's palms. "Sorry for the wait, I had to get this!" the shorter boy happily pulls out a signed postcard, waving it in front of him.

Chanyeol scoffs, so he's out here freezing while Baekhyun fights with other fangirls to get Sehun's autograph. Shaking his head, he pulls his scarf over his head and wraps it around Baekhyun's neck, knotting it and gave Baekhyun a pat on his shoulder.

"Let's go~"


----


"Sehun is really cool right? Did you see the sword fight he had with Junmyeon? Did you see his kiss with Krystal?"

Baekhyun chatters happily, taking a bite of his steak in between.

Chanyeol stares at the boy across him who’s taking a sip of water and smacking his lips. He fights the urge to wipe that bit of sauce at the corner of his mouth.

"Do you like it Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun's voice disrupts his thoughts, a dazed huh? is the only thing his brain can come up with.

"Why are you staring at me," Baekhyun frowns, looking at Chanyeol with amusement.

"Ah yes, no I mean, I wasn't staring at you. And yes I liked the musical!" Chanyeol clarifies quickly, stuffing his mouth full with the potato mush. Honestly, Chanyeol didn't pay much attention to the musical – there had been too much melodrama between the lovers – and definitely not on that skinny guy with bright red hair that doesn't even come close to any form of D'Artagnan.

(In fact, Chanyeol has been sneaking glances over at Baekhyun the whole time, watching how the little fanboy's face lighted up, hands clasped together across his chest every time Sehun was onstage.)

Baekhyun smirks and lowers his head, picking up a broccoli, munching and peeking at the other boy, the latter's ears are currently red at the tips.


--


"What you looking at?" Kai asks, glancing over at his partner. They were on their way to their next schedule, slouching comfortably in their seats with the heat turned up in the car.

"Have you seen this? Your fanboy!" Sehun laughs, handing the iPad over to Kai.

There on the screen was an image of If You C Kai's masternim in a kimono, and a shorter boy in a strawberry headgear laughing at the side. He reads the tweet - cute fanboys in our fandom ㅋ ㅋ ㅋ Chanyeollie oppa and bee oppa~

Kai points at the other boy, "Isn't he yehetman?" he asks Sehun, who looks over, giving Kai a glare at the teasing tone accentuated when he says the name of his site.

"Don't make fun of my fans you ," Sehun mutters, looking at the picture closely. "Ahh yes, the adorable puppy fanboy of mine!" he announces smugly.

Kai passes the tablet back to Sehun, just as the vehicle turns into the parking lot of SBS building.

"Fangirls fangirling over fanboys, what's new eh?" Kai smiles at Sehun, mouthing yehet mockingly, earning a loud smack on his chest.


--


bigteeth_kai1127:

Sehun can't even dance properly, he looks so bored onstage. Kai is so much better than him. Kai has passion! Kai jjang!!! <3


Bigteeth_kai1127:

He can't sing he can't dance he can't do anything. Why is he in RxG? Kai should have gone solo without Sehun.


Bigteeth_kai1127:

Sehun is ugly.


Bigteeth_kai1127:

Thumbs up if you think Kai is the best!

Kai <3 Kai <3 Kai <3



Baekhyun stares at the screen, fuming in anger. He didn't open YouTube to see this bigteeth guy bash his idol.

He was watching fancams and interviews of Sehun when he realizes this youtuber talking about Sehun.

Biting his lips, his fingers hover over the before keyboard ready to retaliate but at the last second he lets out a frustrated sigh and a slams his laptop close.


--


To: Chanyeollie

:( poor sehun :(


From: Chanyeollie

Why what happened? Did the brat get into some sort of scandal?


 

Baekhyun frowns at the text, blowing air out through his lips, before furiously typing away on the phone.


 

To: Chanyeollie

Sehun is not a brat >:(

Don't be like that mean person on YouTube. This stupid bigteeth_kai1127 keeps insulting Sehun urgh I'm so angry who does he think he is? Is Kai that great? He's such a bastard. All haters should off. 3


 

Chanyeol’s taken aback when he reads Baekhyun's reply. He immediately logs on to YouTube and deletes his comments.
 

Deactivate bigteeth_kai1127?


Chanyeol hesitates for a moment, fingers swaying between the options.

 


Yes.

 

--

 

Chanyeol’s on his way to meet Jongdae at the mall down the street, about a 15 minute walk from his apartment. In another week’s time would be Kai’s 20th birthday, and as the biggest fan site for him, If You C Kai has a lot to prepare for that special day falling on the 14th of January.

The gifts from the overseas fans came in last Friday. Bags, shirts, shoes, caps, plush toys, underwear and all sorts of presents possible were packed into empty red boxes and tied up with golden satin ribbons once they were filled. Baekhyun had come over to help Chanyeol and Jongdae, printing out on decorative paper the birthday wishes left on the site by the fans and then binding them up into a book for Kai.

Chanyeol looks at his list. He needs to buy an iMac, an exercise machine, a video game set, some health supplements, a dance simulator, and maybe the newest flatscreen TV. Oh and a phone.

Add in a few more branded items. Yep, almost done.

His phone suddenly rings, the Squidward imitation of Kai plays loud. He stops and fishes his phone out from his pocket.

"Hello Baek?"

"Chanyeollie I need your help! Please please please I need to turn in this project or I'll be suspended from class and just- please come!"

Chanyeol looks at his watch, then down at his feet, deep in thought, features marred with a deep frown and lips pressed tight. He grabs at his hair, messing it up a little. With a kick to the wall on his side, he does a 180, heading straight back to where he came from.


----


"Uh Jongdae? Go to Starbucks and you'll see 4 girls there," Chanyeol explains over the line, while putting the equipment into a bag. He slings it over his shoulder and picks the phone away from the crook of his neck. "You see them now? Yup we are collaborating with Sir Destiny, Drink You Up, SatanDancer and ChicKain. Last minute changes man I can't explain now I need to rush, talk to you later!"


Jongdae slips his phone back to his pocket. Be the man, he tells himself. Finally some time with girls, girls he's seen on so many occasions but never got to speak with (they usually approach Chanyeol instead of him).

"Oppa isn't here?" the petite girl with bangs asked, craning her neck to see if there's anyone behind Jongdae.

This is a blow to my manly ego, Jongdae thinks with a huff. Regardless, he pulls the chair out and sits with the girls. Looking at them each in the eyes, he tries to release his manly charms, smiling sweetly before clearing his throat and bringing his voice lower.

"Hi, I'm Jongdae oppa, and I'll be in charge of If You C Kai's part in this birthday project."   


----


Chanyeol sees the smaller male jump up from the bench, heading towards him with a grateful smile. Before he can react, thin arms wrap themselves on his body, squeezing a little before letting go immediately afterwards.

He looks down to see Baekhyun beaming up at him, eyes disappearing into cute crescents. Their faces are so close that he can smell the light vanilla scent of the shorter boy and feels his breath ghosting over his cheeks. He trembles a little at their close proximity. He holds his breath, yet the erratic thumping against his chest stays, stronger and faster with each beat. He wills himself to look away before he does something he might regret.

His hands shoot up, pulling baekhyun's beanie down over his eyes and covering half of his face.

"You punk," chanyeol mutters, ruffling the head of Baekhyun, who starts struggling and slapping away the large hands holding his beanie down.

“Let me go,” Baekhyun warns through clenched teeth, desperately trying to pull the knitted wool away from his eyes. He hears a warm chuckle, the warm hand pressing down on his head gone. Unaccustomed to the sudden loss, he stands still, fiddling with the hem of his sweater. When he peeks out from under his beanie a while later, he sees the taller guy hunched over, fixing up the camera.

"So, shall we start filming?"

Nods. Stares. Nods again.


----


"I'll cycle over, zoom in at the front wheel then pan out! Film my silhouette,the river needs to be in view too" Baekhyun calls out from the side, legs ready on the pedal.

"Okay ready, action!"


----


Sitting on the bus, side by side, with earphones shared between each other.

"I'm sorry, Chanyeol"

Chanyeol looks down at the boy leaning his head against his arm, currently looking through the videos and photos taken during the day.

Baekhyun doesn’t look up, but his lips started to move. "Jongdae texted me. He asked if you were with me and I told him yes. He said you ditched him and the site..."

Chanyeol sighs. True, he did get a little irritated when there was a sudden change of plans. Furthermore, If You C Kai rarely collaborates with other sites. They are strong and experienced enough to manage all the projects for Kai on their own. Chanyeol takes pride in that, especially when Kai had the letters painted in bold across his back in one of their past performances, the largest and most visible one compared to the other smaller names painted on his body as well. Hell yeah, Chanyeol was proud of that. He nearly cried and fell on his knees that day, chanting Kai oppa along with the stadium of fangirls.

But then he looks at the screen of the camera, at the image Baekhyun stops at. He smiles and thinks it's all worth it actually.

"Don't be sorry Byun. I enjoyed it." he says softly, eyes fixed on the top of Baekhyun's hair. "Let's go cycling at the Han river again."


----


Chanyeol steps into the apartment and is met with the clutter or boxes, bubble wrap, packing paper all strewn across the floor. Sitting in the middle is his best friend, biting a tape and stepping  on top of plastic packaging.

"Nice date eh," Jongdae remarks sarcastically, taping down wrapping paper and finishing it with a bow. He throws the gift across the room where it lands on a big pile. He stands up and sweeps paper debris from his thighs.

Chanyeol smiles guiltily, revealing the plastic bag he's hiding behind his back.

"Here I bought your favourite food!" Chanyeol offers.

Jongdae scowls, muttering a you think hoddeok is enough for me, yet Chanyeol knows he's already forgiven when he sees the small grin spread across his friend's face.

"If you like Baekhyun just tell him already."


----


Chanyeol isn't really gay. He has had a few girlfriends before, and Kai was his boy crush. Sort of.

So why is the petite boy on his mind each and every night before he sleeps? Even his lockscreen and wallpaper was changed to someone not Kai. (He secretly took a few pictures of Baekhyun that day at Han river, so sue him.)


From: Baekhyun

Thank you chanyeol~ you're the best <3


He can try to deny it but Jongdae knows him well, and he knows himself even better.

He thinks he's in love.

He just doesn't know what to do.


--


They step into a sea of people fangirls to be exact. Hundreds of them gathered near the automated doors of Incheon Airport, some even standing on portable stools or ladders. Faces are a blur, as people rush around them, everyone trying to get to the best position to see the duo.

"There, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun calls out as he tugs Chanyeol's hand and makes his way towards the glass barricade. He taps on a boy's shoulder as Chanyeol and Jongdae search for an empty area for them.

"This is Luhan!" The boy Baekhyun tapped looks over his shoulder and gives them a little wave before stepping backward and letting Baekhyun push himself past him and the squeezing bodies of the fangirls, plastering himself on the glass.

"Newly recruited yehetman!" Luhan explains to the pair, then turning back to look at Baekhyun in admiration. "Although he has not much experience, our Baekhyun takes really great pictures!" Luhan comments fondly, sighing in envy as he looks down at the previews on his own camera.

Chanyeol peeks into the tiny screen, trying to stifle his laughter at the image of Sehun with contorted face and enlarged nostrils with the wonderful addition of unruly crazy hair all in one frame (not forgetting that it is as blurry). A very bad picture indeed. The only decent one he sees was the back view of Sehun taken some distance away.

Wanting to comfort Baekhyun's friend, Chanyeol keeps his mouth shut and swallows his laughter but just as he is about to give a pat of encouragement -


"Sehun would cry and quit RxG if he sees this. Seriously you ." Jongdae says with a tone of seriousness, heavy and unrelenting, with an air of finality that gives no chance for Luhan to argue or defend his lack of photography skills.


Chanyeol stares at Jongdae in disgust. "You rude head. He's Baekhyun's friend" he hissed, elbowing his friend, witnessing a dejected Luhan, currently sulking and approaching Baekhyun.

"You know I only speak the tru-"

But the rest of his words are drowned by the wave of chaos that ensues, whatever Jongdae wanted to say sinking under the screaming masses. Deafening screams and squealing filled the area. A stampede of people crush into each other inside the airport, everyone running about like headless chickens.

Madness. Pure unadulterated madness.

Amidst the pushing and shoving, with a few girls colliding into his chest (some into his stomach since he was tall and they are... short), he searches for Baekhyun who got separated from his group. Seeing the petite man swiftly ducking and squeezing through the crowd, he lets out a sigh of relief. He didn't have to worry, after all, how can he forget that Yehetman has been running for a year plus already? Baekhyun definitely isn't that same pitiful kicked puppy he met a year ago at KINTEX. To survive in such harsh conditions, one have to adapt fast enough.

Funny, how he thinks they are in the wild Africa.

Of course, the prey arrives. Walking coolly with dark shades on and luxury bags slung over designer jackets, they entered the arrival hall. Watch closely now, how neat, handsome and smiley they are. Take many pictures, because it won't last long when the hunt begins.

 

"Ready Sehun?" Jongin mutters through clenched teeth, anxiousness disguised with his signature confident smile as he steadies his Prada shades.

"Gotta do this," the rainbow-haired idol replies curtly, bending down to redo his shoelace.

Managers, staff and security guards come up to them, surrounding and forming a protective barrier around the popular idols.

Stepping out of safety zone into the fully packed hall, the entourage pushes the people away, yanking aside whoever dares to come closer. Shouting out orders, giving threats and warnings, the group moves steadily through the crowd of ravenous predators, snapping away (with their cameras of course) and charging forward (to touch them or pass them gifts).

Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol knows it's time to prove the might of his site. Setting it to auto focus with face detector while running into the rabid crowd, he lifts up his camera easily above the heads of the fans, nothing blocking its view as he angled the bulky lens. For Chanyeol, it was always snap first, edit later. Not exactly wise if you want a good shot, but the situation calls for this tactic.

Having snapped tens of shots per second, Chanyeol decides it was time to change position. He moves along with the other fans. They were like ocean waves, taking him, pushing him along.

Somewhere in the middle of the hall, the concentration intensifies as more fans come in, pushing their way through and squeezing into the small circle surrounding RxG. Knowing that the motion have slowed down, Chanyeol fights his way out and breaks through the thick press of bodies. He charges to the front in the path where the group is taking.

Here, he'll be able to get a front view of Kai, walking suavely forward into his lens, and if possible, maybe a full body shot, too. He definitely needs a full body shot today, seeing how nicely the leather pants hug the idol’s shapely legs and how the long black Givenchy coat outlines his broad shoulders. And that hair, all pushed back. That rilakkuma bear in his arms was the thing that pushes Chanyeol into walking backwards, making sure Kai fits into the frame with all the glorious handsomeness and that small detail of cute to balance his manliness, adding something extra and unique into that one picture. Snaps. Checks.

Total perfection.

Satisfied, he takes a few more shots of his handsome face. A short while later, he groans in annoyance because Sehun is blocking his view now, trying to snatch the toy from Kai - something Chanyeol hasn’t found a way to counter yet.

Before he can refocus on his idol, a hand accidentally smacks his camera. He thanks the gods for the sturdy strap attached around his neck which stops his $4000 camera from meeting a tragic fate - shattering onto the ground, just like how he had seen a few from other fans in the past.

 

It all happens so fast.

After his own minor accident, Chanyeol sees Baekhyun being slammed forward into a burly staff after being shoved by a sturdy fangirl. With no consideration, the man grabs Baekhyun by his collar, causing the frightened boy to release his hold on his camera in shock. He gets thrown forcefully to the side, toppling a few fans near him before he meets the ground.

Chanyeol’s heart clenches when he sees the bruises and scratches the small boy got on his body as he sat on the ground in confused dismay. If that wasn't enough, a shattered lens and a battered camera lay tragically in front of him, damaged from the impact when it followed him down and hit the floor.

Enraged, Chanyeol yells at the staff, and is met with a contempt filled glance. He knows better than to pick a fight with the man, moreover, Baekhyun needs him now.


Sehun looks concerned as he halts in his steps and holds onto Jongin’s arm. Worry knots his brows when he sees the small fanboy on the ground. Jongin shakes his head, telling Sehun they can't help him as he feels the steel grip of their manager steering them ahead.


" get out of the way!" Chanyeol curses. He never had much problems swerving and making his way through the density of fans while chasing after Kai, yet why does he find it hard to reach Baekhyun this time?

Abandoning his original intentions, he let the fans push pass him while he fought onward to Baekhyun; Kai's group proceeds further away to the exit.


--


Baekhyun feels an arm wrap firmly around him, pulling him up from the floor and then his face is  pressed against a sturdy chest, fingers curling into his hair. He is then lead to the side to stay out of the course of the incessant rush of fans to avoid further injury.

Eventually, the crowd around them dwindles, as more people hurry over to the exit where the idols’ car is waiting.

Baekhyun breaks away from the protective arms holding him. He pats his knees, and flinches at the pain in his palm from the abrasion. He looks up to see concern and worry etched deep in Chanyeol's eyes. The taller boy’s face darkens, the frown of displeasure takes over his face when he sees the little cuts and bruises on Baekhyun.

"It's okay... I'm fine really" Baekhyun assures him, voice small and gentle, trying to coax the anger away from Chanyeol’s chest.

Chanyeol grabs him by the wrist and tugs him along, pushing him down on a chair at the waiting corner. He rummages through his bag and hands Baekhyun a bottle of water. Gently, he holds on the camera strap hanging around the boy's neck, pulls it over Baekhyun’s head and places the wreck beside him.

Baekhyun's face switches into a look of surprise, when Chanyeol squats before him, holding his small palm open and blowing lightly on the tiny cuts.

"It hurts right?" Chanyeol says, voice broken, yet still filled with tenderness.

Baekhyun shivers at the soft touches, the air blown on his skin giving him tiny goosebumps.

"Ch-Chanyeol..." his voice trembles, trying to pull away from the Chanyeol’s hold

Releasing his hands, Chanyeol sighs deeply, leaning closer as his hands moved to Baekhyun’s sides. He stays silent which causes the petite boy to look at him anxiously.

Baekhyun’s hand comes up to nudge the man before him, but drops immediately when Chanyeol's head falls onto his lap and he feels a firm grasp on his thighs.

He stills, breath caught as he becomes hyper aware of Chanyeol’s every movement.

"I don't want to see you get hurt, I don't like it." Chanyeol mumbles, his head rises slowly, eyes coming up gradually to meet with deep brown ones b with astonishment and expectation. He sees something bob in the boy’s throat and he turns away swiftly, breaking the eye contact.

Taking a deep breath, Chanyeol stands up and tugs the hem of his top down, fixing himself up for his confession. "I don't want to see you get hurt, I don't want anyone touching even a hair of yours because-"


"Hyaah hah! You guys are here!" Jongdae interrupts as he approaches them with Luhan waddling behind him. He pats Chanyeol's back and goes forward, reaching out and ruffling Baekhyun's hair.


Baekhyun peers up at the taller boy, seeing him clearing his throat awkwardly and averting his eyes.

"Baek-ah, your camera..." Luhan trails off, discovering the wreck beside the boy. He holds the damaged camera tenderly, running his hand over the dented areas, the cracked parts like he's tending to a sick animal.

Realizing his confession got cut off by two annoying people, Chanyeol grabs them by the back of their necks and steers them aside. "Go buy some plasters and salve. Make yourselves useful, go!" He sends them off with a little push before they could protest.

With the silence thankfully returned to them, Chanyeol takes the seat beside the shorter boy.

"So..." Baekhyun starts with a blush stealing over his face, cheeks glowing and ears tipped with pink as he kept his eyes fixed to the ground.

Heat slowly crawls up Chanyeol’s own face as he tries to find the right words to say. After a few umms and uhhs, he finally gathers enough courage to look at Baekhyun.

An unsteady hand reaches over, trembling a little when he touches the other boy’s cheek. Turning his head to face him, Chanyeol nervously bites on his lower lip while his heart picks up a fast rhythm.Chanyeol studies Baekhyun’s face- the little mole above his mouth, where his tongue flicks out suddenly to moisten the pink softness of his lips, the buttony cute nose, and eventually, heading higher, his eyes lands of the prettiest pair of droopy puppy eyes, dark brown depths bright and glowing perfectly.

He's ready, and now that he has got Baekhyun's attention on him, all he needs is to let words carry his feelings across to other boy.

"Baekhyun," he begins, voice unsteady and deep. "I- I don't like to see you getting hurt, because it hurts me and also knowing that I failed to protect you I just..." he catches the other's hand, placing them over his lap and covering them with the heat from his own. He looks down, embarrassed but determined to keep the confession going.

"And I don't want anyone else touching you, because I-" The words get stuck, the sound of his thumping heart so loud that they fill his ears, blocking out all other din and chatter in the busy airport.

“Because…” Baekhyun repeats, anticipation overflowing as he lets his face inch closer to Chanyeol’s. “You like me?” he whispers.

“I- I like you!” Chanyeol blurts at the same time.

He feels the heat in his face rising a few degrees, and he’s sure that the acceleration of his heartbeat, so intense and strong, is a sign of an incoming heart attack.

He swears he can never forget that blinding smile that spreads slowly across Baekhyun’s lips, the airy chuckle that enters his ears and settles straight to his heart.

He breaks into a smile too, his eyes lingering on the boy. Tenderly.

An urge overwhelms him.

Chanyeol pushes his hair back before he reaches out awkwardly, clumsy hands unsure where to rest on, he pulls Baekhyun in for a hug. He loves this moment, the warmth in his chest coursing through his body, a feeling he never experienced before. Kissing Baekhyun on top of his head, he draws him closer, tighter. Chanyeol wraps his arm around the smaller’s waist while the other starts gently massaging the bruised area on Baekhyun’s knee.

“Does it hurt here?”

“Mhm” Baekhyun responds half-heartedly, seeming to be lost in thought as he lay his head on Chanyeol’s chest. “So… Kai or me?”

Chanyeol hears a mumble and he looks down at the Baekhyun, brows quirked questioningly while he cards his fingers through the soft brown fluff of hair.

Baekhyun pouts, and he jerks away from Chanyeol’s hold.

“Kai or me? Choose, Kai or Baekhyun?” he demands suddenly, keeping his gaze fixed on Chanyeol, frowning along with his pout.

Chanyeol wants to squeal like how the fangirls do whenever Kai did a hip or winks; Baekhyun’s face of dissatisfaction was so endearing, he almost leans forward to kiss the pout and frown away.

Not forgetting to pinch his cheeks too, right.

Chanyeol inches forward, giving a quick peck to the lips of the boy who got caught in surprise.

“You. Always you.”

 


 

 

 [ask.fm/ifyouckai]


C.Yeol @ifyouckai
The man behind Kai, for Kai.

Ask me a question


 

Answers

Do you have someone you like other than Kai? Is Kai your only number one? ‘

I don’t think I like any other people. Kai is number one!!!

10 days ago

 



 

“Hurry up you two!” Chanyeol fusses. “Baek’s waiting for us!”

He pulls Luhan along who was carrying a box of LED boards, and shoves a huge DSLR camera with bulky lens to to the new Chinese boy, Zitao.

As the huge stadium came into view, they see thousands of fans teeming around the entrances, each holding a different colour of light stick, each waving a diverse banner. He spots the small figure standing in the middle while fangirls crowd around him. Some trying to get the support merchandises while a few were trying to chat him up.

“Noona likes the shirt you are wearing, you look really cute! Noona is a Sehun fan too~”

Chanyeol coughs loudly, muttering excuse me as he makes his way through the mass of fangirls (while he nudge that noona on purpose), Luhan and Zitao stumbles along behind. They were greeted by an enthusiastic wave from the cheery boy, who spun around upon hearing the  voice of his boyfriend. He tried making his way to them but stumbled from the clutter gathered around his feet.

Strong arms encircled his waist, keeping him upright and steady on his feet.

Boyfriend, Baekhyun sighs in relief, looking up at Chanyeol dreamily.

Chanyeol smiles at him and pats his cheek, “Be careful,” he reminds him.. A kiss lands on his nose, and as quick as it came, the contact’s gone. Baekhyun gazed at Chanyeol, admiring his toned arms and lean body as Chanyeol unpacked the boxes, distributing cloth banners and LED boards to the fans.

He nods at Luhan and Zitao when he realised they were looking at him with a smirk on their faces. Hastily, he averts his eyes away from Chanyeol, feeling embarrassed for being caught admiring the taller man by his friends.

Hearing a groan, he turns to see Jongdae dangling off Chanyeol’s back, happily kicking his feet and gives him a wink when their eyes meet.

“Baekhyun~ my pikachu~” Jongdae cooes as he starts making his way over, arms spread wide apart ready to engulf Baekhyun into a hug.

He gets pulled aside by Chanyeol, who scowls and questions Jongdae’s purpose here.

“What? Just because I left you doesn’t mean I can be here to see Baekeeboo right?” Jongdae argues. Nonetheless, he whips out his ticket and shoves it at his best friend’s face.

“Golden zone seat,” he declares proudly, “I’m here for Jessica, and maybe Krystal too,” he explains before taking a picture of an irritated Chanyeol with his camera as he clicks his tongue.

“Here, best buddy! Last thing I am going to do as the responsible co-owner of If You C Kai,” Jongdae affirmed, pulling a whole bundle of white and golden banners, firmly placing them into Chanyeol’s hand. “These are precious, only fifty pieces! Too poor to get more printed” he reasoned, before giving a pat to his back for his own honorable work.

Pulling a piece out, Chanyeol reads- Kai’s gun makes Sehun run.

He shot Jongdae a quizzical look, then rolls his eyes so hard that only the whites can be seen when Jongdae had wriggled his brows suggestively as he blows at the gun he made with his fingers.

“You guys are a joint site now, remember? This,” he pointed, “is a special gift.”

Baekhyun took a piece of Jongdae’s banner, he shook his head. He is grateful that Jongdae did so much for them, but something just doesn’t seem right.

“Why can’t it be Sehun’s gun makes Kai run?”

Jongdae grins, but decide against any explanation.

He gives Baekhyun a pat on his head, smacks Luhan’s and pinches Zitao’s nose before walking away. Swaying frivolously away, to be exact, as he dashes into a crowd he spotted, snatching a Girl’s Day banner and tying it around his waist, together with all other sorts of banners that seemed to read APink, Girl’s Generation, SISTAR and way more.

Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol in confusion, and returns to scrutinize the banner and mumbled it’s too late to change it though.

Shaking his head in amusement, Chanyeol casually informs Baekhyun.

“That’s not the way of the world, Baek.”

He puts a hand behind Baekhyun’s back and leads him away from the mess of support goods on the ground.

Chanyeol manages to catch Baekhyun’s attention again, away from that idiotic friend of his (and that banner), holding his smaller hand in his warm large one.

“Are you tired? Need a rest? Zitao and Luhan can handle it.”


--


He pulls Baekhyun into the convenience store and buys him a bottle of water.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun calls. “Can you wear this?”

Chanyeol looks over just as Baekhyun pulls out some sort of clothing, opening it up for his boyfriend to see.

It was a matching T-shirt with Baekhyun’s pink Sehun one, except his is blue with Kai printed on it.

“We are a couple now,” he explains. “This can be our couple tee, too. And I accept that you like Kai next after me, so I got the shop to print Kai for you! You’ll wear it too, right?” he pouts, looking up at Chanyeol carefully as he points at the Sehun face on his own T-shirt.

Chanyeol hates the shirt. He really does. And that Sehun picture printed on Baekhyun’s shirt seems to be mocking him--that disgusting yehet freak. He’s so close to sending a fist its way and that’s when he remembered he’ll actually be punching his boyfriend’s stomach instead.

Even with Kai printed on it, it still looks gross.

But looking at how his small boyfriend beams and laughs with glee when he takes the shirt and changes into it right away in the convenience store, he decides it’s all worth it.

He leans in for a kiss, and whispers as their lips part.

“I’m doing this for you, little punk.”

 

 


 

  1. RxG stands for Run & Gun, sekai's teaser! Uncreative, I know.
  2. And the sekai eye mask is sold by SM [example]
  3. And the [strawberry headgear]... although it's changkyu but idk I feel like Baek would buy something by yunho so... um
  4. Oh and the part kai told sehun about fangirls fangirling over fanboys... it actually happened in the past lol. The fandom did.
  5. Lastly, I'm sorry if some parts were confusing because I didn't research much. I just kinda write what I observed in the fandom hehehe ((I'm lazy))

Thank you so much to kei for helping me and all the encouragements.

Thank you for reading!