UnReciprocated Love

UnReciprocated Love

“It hurts me when you to talk to someone else and not me. It hurts even more when someone else makes you smile and I can’t. But what hurts the most is I’m just your bestfriend.”

______________________________________________________________________

It’s a cold-rainy day in Hamsterley, well, rain always remove the bad sentiment in Luhan’s body… actually in his mind.

Its Saturday, no classes, no stress, a relief. And now, Luhan is  currently sitting outside of the bubble tea shop waiting for Xiumin, his childhood friend, to deliver his warm taro flavored bubble tea, he always makes Luhan’s tea special ―that makes his day special.

 

“Here is your taro flavored bubble tea Mr. Lu han.” Xiumin said while he handing to Luhan his bubble tea.

“My special taro flavored bubble tea.” Luhan corrected. Emphasized SPECIAL, well this is special because Xiumin made it for his bestfriend.

Xiumin sat in front of Luhan and gazed “Lu Han? So does the rain bothering you?” Xiumin asked Luhan. Xiumin knew that rain has a sentiment to Luhan, it is because rain is always been a part of romantic and prosaic scenes in books that Luhan’s read.

“Totally not! Baozi, how many times do I need to tell you that you can call me Lulu. Lu Han is too formal.” Luhan knew that he is cute, his being sort of feminine makes him lovely and attracted all people that sees him, 

“Lulu is too cute to call you like that.” Xiumin said grinning.

“Are you saying I’m not cute?” Luhan asked with matching pout,


Xiumin moved closer to Luhan and patted his head, “No”,

SILENCE. The atmosphere surrounded them was filled by street noises, none of them tried to speak until Xiumin looked to Luhan’s eyes.

 “You are pretty.” He said seriously.

Luhan laughed hysterically. “Baozi your face. Hahaha. You look so serious. Well I know I’m pretty, men at school always gazing at me.” Luhan said smugly. 

“They are looking at you because you are pretty prince of a forest, Lu Han. Your deer eyes and your skin as white as snow make you prettier,” Xiumin said like he’s falling under Luhan’s spell, he does already fell from Luhan’s spell way back on their childhood but Xiumin thought that hiding his true feelings to his best friend is a good idea so that their friendship will never change.

“I know. I know. Anyway, when will you go back to Yockenthwaite?” Luhan asked. Yockenthwaite was Luhan and Xiumin’s hometown, Luhan and his mom just migrated due to her mother’s work, They are childhood friend way back when they are still living in Yockenthwaite, Luhan knows Xiumin’s first boyfriend and Xiumin knows Luhan’s first crush ―a fictional character from a novel, Xiumin almost know everything to Luhan and Luhan knows approximately everything to Xiumin. They are best buddies.

“I’m going back to Monday; I will leave this shop tomorrow so I can be ready on Monday. Why’d you ask? Are you coming with me?”

“What? No.” Luhan answered. “My classes will start again on second to the next Monday. Should be ready in next semester so I cannot go with you.”

Luhan saw to Xiumin’s face the sadness, moreover, disappointment.

Xiumin stood up. “Oh I see. I must go back to work now.” And leaved.

Xiumin didn’t even wait for Luhan’s goodbye.

 

Luhan stood up to his seat and walked off to the book store. He hurriedly proceeds in the fiction section and look for a good book. Luhan is taking up multimedia course and loves reading novels, tragic and romance is his style, he also have the habit to takes photo of special moments, person and stuffs and write something to the picture and then put it to his scrapbook.

“Hi,” A tall skinny blonde guy approached.

“Hi,” Luhan said.

“Do you mind if I ask you?” the guy said confusingly, “I’m really getting a hard time in picking a good manga.” He raises his both hands holding a manga, Left is the Naruto and the other one is HunterXHunter. “What do you prefer to these two?”

“Sorry. Manga is not my style.” But Luhan saw the grey hair guy in the cover of hunterxhunter so hot, “But the HunterXHunter looks like an interesting title.” Luhan said smilingly. He lied. It’s just the grey hair from the cover grabbed Luhan’s attention,

“I really find HunterXHunter more interesting too. Thanks.” The skinny guy said and flies off to the cashier.

“Psh.”

It took Luhan a moment to pick a good book. And he ended up with “I will only love you” a tragic fan fiction; “I’d just hope this book is worthy.” Luhan thought.

He exited the bookstore and the raining still doesn’t stop.

“Can’t wait to return in school.” Luhan sighed.

______________________________________________________________________

“Why does people needs to find true love, can’t they just wait for true love makes the move? True love finds people and not people who finds true love.”

 

“Beep.” Luhan’s phone message tone, He received a message from Baozi.

Hey Lulu… Sorry if I didn’t come to your house, I just don’t want to miss my flight so I just texted you. Be a good boy, and be mature HAHAHAHAHA, you know what I mean, stop crying on novels and movies. Study hard okay? And one more thing… like what you’ve said let the true love search for you. Bye Lu Han. XOXO, Baozi.

Luhan replied. Luhan will miss him. Luhan will miss his special bubble tea. “I will miss you Xiumin-ah. “

 

The sun rose already, shining more than the way Luhan’s smile.

This is the first day of a new school semester. Luhan can’t miss new faces in their school, so he quickly took a shower, get two toasted bread and get his bag… His mom will drive Luhan off to his school.

 

“Luhan, do you have a boyfriend?” His Mom asked, not looking at him.

“I don’t have. Why’d you ask?” Asked back while munching the toasted bread.

“Nothing Honey. So when will you get one?” Now she’s looking at him. Smiling.

“When love finds me that I’m exist.”

His Mom didn’t response in what Luhan said.

The driving turned to silent until his mom stopped the car and said “Make yourself visible so love can find you.”

Luhan leaved the car.

He didn’t reply.

 

Luhan looked to his paper sched. Rm. AV 404. He went directly in the 4th floor and quickly found his room. He saw the room that near to be filled so he looked for a vacant seat… He saw one; He sat and put his bag underneath the seat.

“Hey!” The unidentified voice said.

He looked to the person left beside him and saw the guy, the guy before that asked him what a better manga. “He’s my classmate. He’s gorgeous, white person, very good jaw structure, ‘modelesque’. But I’m not interested.” Luhan said quietly to his self.

“Hi.” Luhan responsed. He took out his book that he bought in the bookstore.

“I’m Sehun.” He said. He smiled. Lovely.

“I’m Luhan.” Luhan looked to Sehun’s beautiful eyes.

Sehun handing his hand. He will too.

But before their hands met. The professor entered the room.

Does love already find my GPS location?

 

After an hour, the history teacher leaved the room. The door sound is a start of the clatter, the room gets crazy. Noise. Luhan’s not involve to any kind of non-sense stupidity ‘doings’ in the room, he is just sitting there on his seat with his book.

“Hey Luhan.” The boy spoke.

“Hey Sehun.” Not looking at him. Luhan didn’t want to see his beautiful face.

“I’m just new here and I want to be friends with you.” He said, Luhan saw his smile. He blushed.

“Sure” Luhan once again looked to Sehun’s eyes. That eyes smile, its sparkles. There’s something in the eyes. “Are you already familiar to the university?” he asked.

“Yes.” Sehun said. Sehun is an outgoing person, he’s being a gorgeous boy makes himself known to the university.

“Maybe I can bring you to the best spot here in the university.” Luhan brought Sehun to the plain grassy ground near to the field, only few people went there because they thought the place is boring but it’s different to Luhan.

Sehun loved the place. They talked a lot of stuffs and get the trust of each other hastily.

After the tiring day, Luhan lie down to his bed and smiled like crazy, he remembers Sehun face, his attitude, his voice, his everything. Luhan blushed. He admitted to himself that for just one day, he fell to his new friend.

It’s Friday and Luhan is on his favorite place, he grabbed his polaroid camera and going to take a photograph of the scenery in front of him but before he click the button, Sehun appeared from nowhere, bringing a two bubble tea, Luhan smiled. Luhan pressed the capture button and the photo is ongoing printing.

“I didn’t know you love taking pictures.” Sehun said while his handing to Luhan his bubble tea.

“Yes, I love taking photographs. Uhm thanks.” Luhan said when he got his tea. The photo was okay. Sehun saw the photo.

“May I see?”

“Sorry but I didn’t show my developed photos.” Luhan said with a smile, it is true that he didn’t let other see his taken photographs even to Xiumin, even to his Mom.

“Even to your bestfriend?” Sehun said while the straw is fixed on his mouth.

Luhan heard bestfriend. He didn’t believe that he heard that word. There’s something on his heart that beat too fast. He knows that feeling.

“I know that its fast, and we just only know each other yesterday, but I know that you feel it also, that we can be best friend, bestest friend.” Sehun said with a pricey expression to his face.

“Yes. Bestfriend.” Luhan said with a smile.

While Sehun is busy. Luhan get his taken photograph and wrote something below. The day we become BESTFRIEND. After that he pasted it to his empty scrapbook.

BESTFRIENDS.

Months passed by quickly, the two boys become closer and closer, they really function as bestfriend. Luhan always come to Sehun’s house, same as Sehun, Sehun always bring Luhan everywhere he go. Luhan gives all his time to Sehun, He gives all attention to Sehun. The more days pass, the more Luhan fall in love to his bestfriend. But he couldn’t admit it to his bestfriend, he is afraid for the outcome.

They are now in the last year of being college. Their friendship proved that storms is just rain, blossoms doesn’t wither in mind, life is easy if they are together. They sleep together, do home works but always ending up on watching movies, and hang out at night together. Sehun loves to disturb Luhan while the deer is reading his books. He always says that you can’t waste your tears in a book. But Luhan will argue that… sometimes only the book can give you on what we are looking for. Maybe it will end in tragedy but at least the love is there.

The people sat on their seats when the teacher came. During the discussion, a fine-looking guy entered the room. He bowed his head and apologized because he is late, the teacher told the guy to introduce himself.

“Hello, I’m Zi Tao, I’m from Hampshire University I hope we can be all good friends.”

Sehun didn’t remove his looking face to the transferee. “No one sit here.” He pointed the seat right beside him. Tao sat and thanked him. Sehun welcomed him, there’s a smile on Sehun’s face. A different smile, which the first time Luhan saw.

The bell rang that denote the hungriness of the students, student exited their rooms, Sehun approached Luhan and asked him that if Tao can join them in cafeteria, Luhan didn’t want to be selfish. He agreed.

Sehun asked Tao a lot of questions that made Luhan annoyed, Luhan thought that Sehun almost forgot that he’s existing. But fortunately the cute couple, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, joined the table.

Baekhyun saw Luhan looking to Sehun and Tao. Baekhyun can feel that Luhan is jealous; he knows that Luhan is crazily in love to Sehun. Luhan cannot stand looking to Sehun and Tao so he excused that he will go to comfort room, Baekhyun said he will go too.

“Why can’t you just tell Sehun that you love him? You’re just making it hard for yourself.” Baekhyun said when they entered the cr.

“It’s difficult Baekhyun, we became bestfriend for a year, and I don’t want to ruin our friendship.”

“You’re being martyr.”

Luhan looked to the mirror. He saw himself. He saw nothing but himself, his one sided love to his best friend. “I just don’t want to lose our friendship,.. It’s only what I have.” Luhan looked to Baekhyun. “Call me martyr or worse to that Baek. If martyr defines a person who loves someone and hopelessly waiting to be love back. Then I am Baek. I am.”

Baekhyun tapped Luhan’s shoulder. He knows what Luhan’s feel, he also felt that before.

It’s a cold starry night when Luhan received a message from Sehun.

  “Where are you Lulu? Can you come here in the park near in our University? I’ll just ask for something?”

Luhan replied.  “Okay. I’ll be there in 20 minutes.”  

Luhan get his sweater and his gloves and swiftly went to the park. While he was walking he planned to confess his feeling, he knows the circumstances but he will be strong enough to face it.

He saw Sehun in the bench rubbing his hand. Sehun seems cold. He took off his sweater and dressed it to Sehun. Sehun thanked him.  

“Why are you here Sehun? And what will you ask for?” Luhan said. He noticed that Sehun looks serious. “Are you okay Sehun?” Luhan said worrying.

“Please help me Lulu to court Tao.” Sehun said sincerely, looking to Luhan’s deer eyes.

Luhan felt something wrenching on his heart. The words of Sehun are tugging him. The words keep repeating on Luhan’s head. He gasped.

“What?” Only thing that Luhan said.

“Now, youre the one who doesn’t look okay.” Sehun laughed. “I’m asking you if you can help me to court Tao. I like him. I really do,” Sehun said.

I like him.

I really do.

The words uttered to his mind again. His plan of confessing to his bestfriend appeared, removing the words that Sehun said. But his heart refused. He will say no.

“Sure.” Luhan said uncertainly.

Sehun hugged him. Tightly. Luhan hugged him back, “Thank you Lulu. You are the best.” Sehun said firming his hug to Luhan. “That’s why I love my bestfriend. I love You Lulu.”

I love you lulu.

4 words running on his ear… to his head down to his heart. His heart beats fast once again. “I love you too Sehun.”

“Sehun!” A man shouted at their back. They both recognized the voice. It’s Tao.

Sehun detached himself from Luhan. He ran to Tao and put Luhan’s sweater to Tao. They talked that only them could hear until Sehun shouted. “I will text you Luhan, Thanks again.” And ran off from the park together with Tao.

“I love you Sehun… more than best friends.”

 ______________________________________________________________________

The months passed by and Luhan’s feeling still doesn’t change, Sehun always talk about Tao. Luhan just listen even his heart says don’t. Sehun planned to ask Tao to become his boyfriend today and he’s asking Luhan to help him to prepare for the surprise. Luhan have the internship examination tomorrow and he must review for it, but his bestfriend asked for the favor. He can’t resist.

“Please Lulu, youre the only one who can help me. Please.” And Sehun did aegyo.

The word please is enough to Luhan to help him. He chose his bestfriend than to review for his exam. He prioritized Sehun more than to himself. That’s how Luhan’s love to Sehun.

Luhan is in the favorite place, where the proposal will happen. He’s arranging the balloons, flaming up the candles, tuning up the sound, while he’s bestfriend is on the way to the locale together with his ‘soon to be’ boyfriend.

“RINGGGGGGGG”, Luhan’s phone disturbed. Baekhyun is calling. Luhan answered.

“Hey Luhan. I just wanted to ask you about the exam tomorrow, what is the liabilities and scope of the examination?” Baekhyun asked, together with the Chanyeol singing on the background.

Luhan doesn’t know what to answer. He is not studying. “I don’t know, I’m not yet studying.” Luhan said honestly.

“So what are you doing?”

“Sehun will ask Tao to be his boyfriend tonight. And…”

Baekhyun cut what Luhan is saying. “Are you helping Sehun? What the hell Luhan.”

“Well that’s the bestfriend functions, to help your bestfriend as long as you can.”

“And the Most Martyr award goes to Lu Han. Just keep distance to Sehun, Luhan, and you’re just hurting yourself.”

“You know I can’t…” Luhan saw Sehun and Tao are coming. “They are here. Bye.” And he ended the call.

He quickly hides himself.

Sehun and Tao ate a wonderful dinner, with the candle lights, fresh pink roses on the center of the table, accompanying by a romantic sound. The place is lovely.

Thirty minutes passed and the two guys hugged each other that indicates they are officially boyfriend-boyfriend. Luhan can’t stand seeing Sehun’s happiness while he is suffering from one sided love. He grabbed his camera and took a photo of the two hugging. The photo was printed and put it to his pocket. He leaved the two.

It’s already 1 am and he just got home. He changed his clothes and gets the photo on his pocket. He gets his pen and wrote at the space below. I’m happy for you Sehun, not for me. He paste it to his near to full scrapbook, the scrapbook contains a lot of Sehun’s photo  ―sentiments of one sided love. 

He is tired of crying. He is tired looking to Sehun being happy when he’s with Tao. But he’s never being tired of loving Sehun unconditionally.

Crying is his lullaby that made him sleep.

It’s the examination day of Luhan. And he didn’t know anything, he just hope that answers will be printed by itself on his answer sheet.

The questions are really a bit difficult, but Luhan managed to answer some of it. But when the questions are tough and he can’t answer. He just wrote down to his answer sheet “TO LOVE”, he believes that TO LOVE never gets wrong.

Months passed and Sehun and Tao celebrated their 5th monthsary, their relationsip gets work with the help of Sehun’s bestfriend, Luhan. Sehun owe everything to Luhan. And for Luhan it’s a day by day suffering from one sided love.

“Luhan how are you?” Sehun said while holding Tao’s hand.

Luhan looked to their hands. He wishes that it’s him that Sehun’s hand was holding to. He hopes that Sehun’s boyfriend was named Lu Han.

“I’m doing well.” He lied. “How are you?” Luhan asked back to Sehun, Luhan always the one who brought flowers for Tao that Sehun will bring. Luhan’s name is the behind of all surprises of Sehun’s to Tao. Luhan witnessed the blossoms of Sehun and Tao’s relationship, at the same time, Luhan witnessed himself that he could be the great martyr of all the time.

“We’re doing fine as well.” Tao said with the flash of his eyes. “Sehun, I forgot that I will borrow some books in the library.” Tao said while swaying his and Sehun’s hand.

Luhan sneered.

“Okay then baby panda.” Sehun looked back to Luhan. Sehun noticed the gloomliness in Luhan’s face, but he doesn’t discern to ask if he’s okay. “We will go now Luhan, see you later.” Sehun said.

 

Minutes passed and Luhan received a message from Tao.

 I know you guys are bestfriend from a long time ago. But I don’t want to get only a half attention of Sehun, I’m his boyfriend now and you’re just his bestfriend … so maybe you should keep some distance to him… I know you understand. Thank you.

 

Luhan replied. You are right. I understand.

The time flies fast to Sehun, he always looking for Luhan’s shadow everywhere in the University, he texted and try to call Luhan but Luhan didn’t response. He misses Luhan, but he’s afraid on what he was feeling. He’s happy when he is with Tao, but the happiness is different when he’s with Luhan. The absence of Luhan to Sehun’s eyes made him to feel gloominess. Tao’s getting annoyed everytime Sehun talked about Luhan. Sehun always told Tao that Luhan loves bubble tea, he even shared to Tao that he loves disturbing Luhan every time Luhan focused on reading books. Tao knew that his boyfriend is in love to Lu han, but Sehun is blind. He just titled Luhan as his bestfriend, even to himself, he knew it’s more than bestfriend.

 

Sehun searched for Luhan but he cannot find Luhan. The favorite spot of Luhan popped to Sehun’s mind. He hurriedly went to the grassy ground and luckily Sehun found Luhan.

When he came closer to Luhan, he can’t stop but to smile. He saw his Luhan. “Luhan, I’m looking for you.” Luhan just continue reading his book. He doesn’t want to response. “You’re not answering my phone calls, you are not replying on my messages. Why?” Sehun muttered. He can’t bear Luhan just ignoring him. He just can’t. “You don’t need to avoid me Luhan.”

Luhan closed his book. “I’m not avoiding you Sehun, we are just both busy in our own business, you on your boyfriend and me on my studies.”

Luhan stood up and ready to go.

“I miss you Luhan.” Luhan froze on what Sehun said. “I miss our friendship, I miss the old us Lulu.” Luhan didn’t looked back to Sehun. “Sehun, things have changed. Our friendship will never be back like the old times.” Luhan said before he leaved Sehun.

Sehun iced up on what he heard. The cold shoulders of Luhan made Sehun to realize something. Something that only his heart can know.

Its Sehun and Tao’s 6th monthsary. Without the help of Luhan, Sehun made a surprise for Tao. He will bring Tao to the zoo and have a luxurious dinner after. He bought a bouquet of fresh pink roses for Tao, he’s going to his boyfriend’s house, and when he is near… he saw something that yank his heart, his Tao… kissing a tall blonde guy in front of their house. He saw his Tao smile after the tender kiss that Tao and the tall guy shared; the two of them entered the house. Tao is cheating to his boyfriend. But even Sehun heart was stabbed on what he saw, he still going to Tao’s house. He knew that Tao will explain everything, that the kiss has nothing to Tao, That Tao still love Sehun.

Sehun pressed the doorbell button. The tall blonde guy opened the door. “Who are you.” The tall guy said.

“I’m Sehun, Tao’s boyfriend.”

The tall guy saw Sehun holding a bouquet of roses. He laughed. “I’m Kris, Tao’s boyfriend.” Kris emphasized boyfriend.

Sehun’s feet froze on his position. He believed that the guy said is just a lie. A joke. He knew that Tao cannot cheat to him, because they love each other.

Tao appeared in the scene. “Sehun? What are you doing here?” Tao said, he unexpected this. He didn’t felt any guilt or something. He’s not in love to Sehun anymore, His love to Sehun was gone when he found out that Sehun misses his bestfriend Luhan, that Sehun loves Luhan more than bestfriend, but just covering by the ‘love’ of Sehun to Tao, just because it’s his boyfriend.

“Happy Monthsa― “ Kris cut what Sehun said by attacking him, he gave Sehun a punch to his left eye that made Sehun to have a bruise. Tao didn’t help Sehun to stood up, he didn’t even stop his Kris to stop. “Sehun, lets break up. I love Kris. You love Luhan, Sehun. You know that.” Tao said giving a concern look to Sehun.

“No Tao. I love you, Luhan is only my bestfriend.”

“Sehun you might still don’t know. But your heart knows who your true love is. It’s not me Sehun, its Luhan.” Tao said accompanying his Kris to go back to their house. “Luhan loves you more than bestfriend, the love that you are looking was already in you, on your bestfriend.” Tao said before he closed the door.

Tears formed to Sehun’s eyes. The bruise that he got is nothing. The word break up hurts more to Sehun. He didn’t give meaning on what Tao said about Luhan. He just knew on that time, that he can’t live without Tao.

It’s a warm night for Luhan, just looking to his scrapbook filled of Sehun’s photo. All the captions that were stated contain the true feelings of Luhan to Sehun. Luhan cried everynight because of Sehun. “Why Sehun cannot notice that I love him?” Luhan muttered.

His phone beeped and received a message from Chanyeol. Hey Luhan, I’m here in Lithium Bar with Sehun. Sehun and Tao broke up and Sehun was already drunk but keeps on drinking. I’m going to meet Baekhyun tonight so maybe you can go here and give your bestfriend a company. Thanks

Luhan alarmed on what he had read. The one who he loves for almost years was now single, pouring himself to alcohol because his boyfriend broke up with him. He went to the bar as fast he could. He can’t find Sehun to the bar, he asked some of the people inside but no one know who he was talking about. But a waiter approached him and tell that there was a skinny drunk guy leaved the bar just recently. Luhan exited the bar.

He saw a man near the post light. The shadow is familiar. It’s Sehun.

Walking to Sehun the warmness of the weather was added by a shower pouring down the streets. The only light in the post illuminates Luhan and Sehun. “Sehun.” Luhan said worrying, his ‘sort of’ anger to the guy the he fell in love changed when he saw Sehun’s tears raining down, he also noticed the bruised on Sehun’s left eye. He witnessed that Sehun really loved Tao.

“Luhan, Did I become a good boyfriend? Did I do my responsibilities to Tao well?” Sehun asked Luhan, not facing the deer guy. “Tell me Luhan!” Sehun shouted.

The rain doesn’t bothered the two, it’s just tense and calm the scenery.

 “You’re a good boyfriend, Sehun. You are all girls and guys looking for.” Luhan said with a light voice. “But me Sehun? Am I become a good bestfriend to you? Did I do my responsibilities to you as your bestest-friend?” Luhan shouted back. Sehun didn’t answer; he didn’t know what to reply. Luhan chuckled with a heaved voice, “no. I do function more than bestfriend, all my attention was in you Sehun! I gave all that I can give to you… Even my heart Sehun.” Luhan didn’t looked to Sehun, instead he looked up to the sky, the sky which showering the rain that has sentiments to Luhan. He knew that this moment was like in the book that he is reading. “Sehun, didn’t you find that I throw things for you, I didn’t review for my exams, because I know you need me more. I didn’t pass my exams but at least I accompanied you during the hard times. Can’t you not feel that I’m madly in love to you.” Luhan said, chasing his breath. “You know what? Some of our friends already calling me martyr. Because I’m doing things for you even I know you can’t give back. I don’t care if I’m martyr Sehun, At least I’m loving the person completely.” Luhan whimpered. Sehun refused to speak. He just wants to hear Luhan’s side.

“Tao already broke up with you Sehun, He already love someone else.” Luhan said sympathizing. “NO!” Sehun screamed. “No Luhan! No.” Sehun cried out. “Sehun, why not me? Why don’t you try and love me back? I’m here every time you need me. I love you Sehun, I love you more than bestfriend. He left you already Sehun, he already left you.” Luhan sobbed. “You know, I hope before that someday you can see me too, not just as a best friend. Because what I see Sehun, I only see you… can you just be mine Sehun?” Luhan asked pitiful, He asked Sehun to have him, not as bestfriend… but more than to that. “What does he have Sehun, that you can’t see in me? If it was me who you loved instead Sehun, you will never be alone again. If it was me, you will never cry again. If it was me Sehun, you wouldn’t need to find another.” Luhan plead, he looked up to the sky again. “My heart is just here for you Sehun… waiting for you.” Luhan said with a heartrending on his face. He leaved Sehun alone. The rain will comfort Sehun, he assumed.

  Weeks passed and Sehun’s mind was full of Luhan’s word, Luhan erased Sehun’s memories of Tao. He easily moved on. But what worried Sehun is, he can’t stand if he lose his special someone, who opened his eyes that what he was looking for ―true love, was just already on him ―his Luhan. He texted Luhan but Luhan didn’t reply. After a minute, Baekhyun texted Sehun and said that he delivered something to their house, it’s from Luhan and said that he already leave Hamsterley. Sehun went to the living room and waited for the delivery, the delivery came up after an hour, and he impatiently opened the box and saw a black scrap book, its Luhan’s scrap book.

The scrap book cover is plain black, there’s no title on it. He opened the scrapbook and saw the first page, a page with a polaroid photo where he is in the ground with the bubble tea. He read the caption. “The day we become bestfriend.” Sehun smiled on what he had read. He continued looking to the scrapbook that contains a lot of photo of him. There’s a photo that Sehun was sleeping on his desk with a caption. “You know, every day I always slapping my face, so I can wake up in the reality. But why like that? When we love, we always do everything for someone that we love… even It’s crazy. I don’t care if will look idiot as long as I love you I will be always an idiot. I love you Sehun.” Sehun closed his eyes; he is guilty in not knowing his bestfriends true feeling. There’s a photo where Sehun and Tao hugging each other, it’s the day where Sehun asked Tao to be his boyfriend. With the caption “I’m happy for you Sehun, not for me.” Sehun tears forced to shed. He can’t stop to cry while he was viewing the scrapbook. A photo where Sehun is walking to Tao holding a bouquet of flowers, with the lines inserted, “Why in all thing I’m just a second for you? I hope someday I will experience that I’m not just a runner up in your heart.” Sehun closed the scrapbook. He was going to Luhan but there’s a note slipped on the book. Sehun get it and read.

Dear Sehun,

It’s almost 3 years when we knew each other. We became bestfriends in just a day. I know that you already viewed and read my scrapbook, which was an evident that shows how much I’m in love to you. Sorry if I shouted you before, I’m just really mad because you are still looking to Tao even he already left you. Sorry if I fell in love to you, I didn’t mean that, but in some side I assumed that maybe we can be more than as bestfriend… Yes. I assumed, not too much. But you know, like in what I’ve read in books, happily ever after. We already leaved Hamsterly, and going back to Yockentwhaite due to my mother’s unfinished business. Don’t forget me okay? I love you.

 

From your bestfriend,

Lu Han

 

Sehun folded the note and put it to his pocket. He grabbed his phone and texted Luhan.

Sehun didn’t received any reply from Lu han, he tried to call Lu han but Lu Han didn’t answer.

Back to Yockenthwaite, Luhan and his mom was welcomed by a car accident, they are both rushed to the hospital but unfortunately Luhan’s mom was already dead when they arrived, while Luhan was still alived but not awake due to a serious impact on Luhan’s head.

Luhan’s phone was keep on beeping, while Xiumin is watching Luhan sleeping. Xiumin heard Luhan’s phone and hesitantly opened the phone.

With the 32 messages all from Sehun. Xiumin randomly opened some messages.

 

 

Luhan, I miss you so much. Im so sorry because I didn’t realize that I am been in love to my bestfriend already. Please send me your address.

 

Luhan, I’m such an idiot. I love you too. Please reply, I don’t want to lose you.

 

Luhan reply please! I love you!

 

I love you Luhan, Im so sorry. I love you Lu Han, more than best friends.

 

 Luhan, How are you? I miss you so much. I hope you still love me. I love you.

Xiumin smiled on what he was reading, he felt jealous but at that time he doesn’t want to be selfish. He knew that Sehun have a right on what’s happening to Lu han. He texted Sehun and said where Luhan is, he said that Lu han is confined in the hospital and still doesn’t wake up.

After Sehun read the message from Xiumin, he hurriedly drive to Yockenthwaite with Luhan’s scrapbook, he knows that their story will not end by this.

He remembered all the happiness that they have shared. The moments when Luhan reads books and he was naughty and disturbing the little deer. He remembered when he was sick and Luhan was there, making him a hot soup. He remembered everything. He really loves Lu Han. He really do.

The traffic light turned red for the other side to stop. Sehun hold Luhan’s scrapbook. “I’m coming Lu han, wait for me. I love you.” He said with a smile on his face. He didn’t lose hope. Not today.

 

While he was getting near in the pedestrian, right is a sea cliff, the bus in the left was rushing towards him, with a guy who was crossing the lane. He kept on buzzing to notice by the guy but the guy didn’t heard. He was going to hit the break but the break didn’t work. He lost the car break and he didn’t know what to do, he was going to turn left but he will be crash in the rushing bus. His choice was to turn right, he striked the barricades and his car jumped off to the sea cliff, with a single moment, Sehun obtained Luhan’s scrapbook and hugged it, “I love you Lu Han, I owe everything to you. I love you so much my dear.” And the car fell from the cliff. The car sank in the cold sea. Sehun was locked to his car, the scrapbook was soaked and turning to little portions solely. Rescuers took an hour to saved Sehun but the heart didn’t beat anymore. Sehun died without seeing his Luhan. Sehun died without saying “sorry” and “I love you” to Lu han personally. Sehun died without Luhan.

Rescuers just saved Sehun’s cold body… not his life.

Xiumin heard the news and was shocked on what he watched. He can’t believe that Sehun will die by that time. But what Xiumin shocked more is Lu Han.

 
Luhan gently opened his eyes. He moved his right hand. Xiumin noticed that Luhan was okay. “Oh my! Nurse?! The patient is awake.” Xiumin shouted asking for assistance. “Luhan, Thanks God you are okay.”

 

“Luhan?” He asked confusingly, not recognizing who he is.

“Your name is Luhan. And I'm Xiumin... your boyfriend.”

 

THE END 

like it? dont forget to upvote and comment. Thanks