Daydream

Troubled Confession


Chapter One




I stare at my reflection and play with my necklace as it hits me that I’m actually standing here. I’m in all white in my dream dress and it feels so surreal in the best way possible, but a tiny part of me has this unsettling feeling that I can’t seem to shake off. It was in the sound of his voice last night, a sound all too familiar I’ve grown to learn when something is wrong with him. I take a deep breath and exhale out as I place both hands on my stomach to calm my anxiety. 

 
I close my eyes and whisper to myself, “Don’t overthink. Things are different, it’s not like before anymore. We’re here.” 
 
“Oh Yeji!” My mother’s voice surprises me as she walks into the room. “My precious Yeji.” She holds back her tears.
 
“Please,” I kindly smile through the reflection of the mirrors. I turn around to face her and reach for her hands. “Don’t cry mother. Then we’re both going to ruin our make-up.” I chuckle.
 
She grabs my hands and stares up at the ceiling with a smile. “You’re right. It’s just...I shouldn’t say it but I am. Your father would have been extremely happy to see you on this day.” She lightly squeezes my hands. “Remember..” she laughs softly. “You used to make him walk you down the isle as a little girl to make sure he was ready for the real day.” She pauses. “He’s going to be right here.”
 
She frees one hand and places her palm on my heart. I fight so hard to not allow my tears to drop, now it’s my turn to look up at the ceiling. I use my hand to fan my face to ensure the tears stay locked in to find no escape. We both share a light hearted laugh and decide it’s time to walk out to my new future. 
 
Chanyeol is standing in place with his hands behind his back. When he sees my mother and I, he has the biggest grin on his face as he makes his way up to us and shakes his head at me.
 
“My baby sister isn’t a baby anymore.” He sighs. “I still can’t believe someone wants to marry you.”
 
I smack his chest and giggle. “I can’t believe you’re even older than me. Immature brat.” 
 
He exaggerates the effect my easy slap came in contact with him. “, I can’t breathe and you bruised my lungs. I can’t...walk...you down the isle...anymore.”
 
“Do you want me to really bruise up your face?” I tease. “Oh wait, it’s already messed up.” 
 
He mocks me, “Ha-ha! Not ugly as your 4th grade school picture! Be careful, I have Sehun on stand by to switch my speech.” 
 
“You are so annoying.” I shake my head and smile as he winks at me.
 
We begin to walk towards my mother and Sojin, they were both talking and stop speaking when we finally reach them. Sojin has this look on her face as if there’s an issue, she’s been planning my wedding for months and problems have never been something I needed to worry with her. 
 
“What’s wrong?” I break the silence and I notice Sojin hesitates to look at me. “What’s happening?”
 
“Baekhyun isn’t here yet.” Sojin speaks out. 
 
“What do you mean? Well, someone go get him and let him know we’re starting.” I smile amused. What a silly thing to say he’s not here. 
 
She clears . “No Yeji, he’s not here. No one has seen him.”
 
Chanyeol is the one to speak. “Wait, you’re just realizing this now? How can he not be here?”
 
For some reason, I start to feel like everything around me starts to fade. I just hear voices talking around me. I hear my mother ask if anyone tried to call him and Sojin replies that she’s been trying for an hour. That’s when I snap out of my haze. 
 
“Where is my phone?” They didn’t react and I demanded for a phone, any phone. I didn’t mean to come across rude but they just stood there frozen like they didn’t hear me.
 
My mother hands me her phone and I dial the number I memorized by heart. I have this giant lump in my throat and I can feel like my heart had dropped into my stomach. Each ring that goes through my ear I begin to get antsy. It feels like it’s been ringing forever and finally I hear his voice at the other end of the call.
 
“Hello?” Baekhyun answers. 
 
“Hey, it’s me.” I face away from everyone that’s standing near me, I take a few steps forward for a little privacy. 
 
“Yeji, where have you been? I’ve been trying to call you!”
 
I snap to his idiotic question. “I’ve been too busy getting ready to care where my phone is!” I raise my voice and when I realize I did, I lower it back down. “What’s going on, where are you?”
 
“I was outside...I just left.” He replies.
 
As soon as those words escaped his lips, my entire body went into shock because I knew it, I had an inkling. I’m talking to the old Baekhyun and that indicated that he’s running away from something rather than dealing with it. 
 
He continues. “Yeji...I can’t do this.” 
 
Just like that, in that instant my entire world crashes and burns. I heard him very clearly that I suddenly get weak, extremely weak. I can feel myself possibly fainting to the words I thought I never had to hear again. I remove the phone away from my ear and allow it to collapse to the ground. 
 
“He’s not coming.” I whisper to myself but they heard me.
 
“What?” Chanyeol walks up to me. “What do you mean he’s not coming?”
 
I say it again. “He’s not coming.” I start to breathe out of control as I felt my worst nightmare come true. “Get me out of here.” I manage to say in between my anxiety attack. I felt like everyone was trying to figure out what happened that no one was listening to me. I scream once more,
“Get me out of here!”
 
From there the voices were in the distant and everything around me went into a blur. I hear my brother calling my name over and over again. 
 
Chanyeol clears his throat, “Yeji?” 
 
I look up at my brother who is standing in the middle of the board room with all the executive directors. I didn’t realize I had gone back to the haunted memory during his presentation. 
 
“Right.” I sit up straight and completely play it off. “The Lee’s wedding will be on high demand and once we have the final draft from their assistant, weddings and catering will take over. I know Banquets will be anticipating the numbers and we’ve ensured to have the sales group coordinate each event to not interfere with the Lee’s but not hinder any incoming revenue nor relationships with our continuous clients.”
 
Chanyeol takes lead, “In any other circumstances we would just allow weddings and catering to handle their end and create a banquet event order. However, with the Lee’s buying out the entire Resort, I felt like it would be best to personally come down here to set you all up for success. I want you all to know I have the most trust in what title you hold to meet their expectations during this process.”
 
 
 

Back in my office, I look out my window and admire the scenery as I try to compose myself from earlier. I wrap my arms around myself as I begin to think about Baekhyun. It’s been a year and I still hate him just as much as I still love him. I hate that no matter how many times I tell myself to finally move on, I’m still holding on like a fool.

 
“I’m going to ask as your older brother...” Chanyeol walks in with his hands in his pockets. “Are you okay?”
 
I nod. “I just...” I pause and he nods in return. He knows what I’m about to say and what I’m talking about. 
 
“I don’t want to make it seem like I’m doubting your abilities—” 
 
I interrupt him. “Then don’t and let me run the Resort just how my title indicates.”
 
He runs his hand over his eyes. “It’s not personal. Even though this is a family business, we would still have to do what’s best for the company.”
 
I shake my head. “It’s been a year. One conversation about a wedding isn’t going to set me back.” I walk to my desk and aggressively open a drawer.
 
“A year of avoiding anything love or wedding related. Today in the meeting—”
 
“Oh my god, I’m fine!” I snap. “I was thrown off for a second. It’s not going to define my years work. I’m capable of doing what needs to get done and Grandpa trusts me enough to run this property. So back off, go back to cooperate and run your mouth over there.”
 
He sneers “Right. Now as your Boss, I’m going to ask you to remember I’m part owner of this property so I can run my mouth here.” He walks away and stops at the door. “Sehun is coming home today. I made lunch reservations for the three of us.”
 
Great. I hate eating when I’m upset but we haven’t seen our little brother since he left for college. I sigh to compose myself from my own little blow out. Once my brain can think straight rather than be a bit angry, I begin to admire how my little brother is the smart one to get away from here. 
 
 
 
Sehun clears his throat, “I swear the atmosphere is ing stronger than my drink.” He states it in a playful tone. 
 
Chanyeol smirks at him. “Your cola.”
 
Sehun mocks him as he lifts to drink his actual whiskey on the rocks, when he’s done sipping on his chilled beverage, he stares at me. He his lips and I can tell he wants to say something. I look at him annoyed and stare back.
 
“Just say it.” I blurt out with a hint of attitude in my tone.
 
He rubs his neck and smirks. “.” He pauses. “No, I’m good.”
 
I close the menu and just as much as I hate eating when I’m upset, I hate making a scene in public. Especially when the restaurant is here at the Resort. 
 
“I don’t need this.” I stand up and Sehun starts to convince me to stay but I reassure him I’m not hungry and he backs off. The difference between him and Chanyeol is that he doesn’t talk back to me. 
 
I walk through the restaurant looking into my purse for the valet ticket. Once I reach outside, I hand my ticket to the young boy and wait for my car to be pulled up. I hear my phone ring with texts, emails, and alerts. I start reading through the important ones first. After tipping the boy and entering my car, I begin to read the email thread I got included in for the Lee’s wedding. I drive off and read the profile Ara put together about the future Mr. and Mrs. I stared at the couple’s picture, they looked so in love and I began to wonder what my life would be like if Baekhyun kept his word. This wedding is awakening all my suppressed feelings and I’m reliving the events all over again. 
 
I start to remember his words and the way he said he couldn’t go through with the wedding. I begin to wonder, what went wrong with him to return to his old ways? I’ve been going over it in my head for months and months and I still don’t have an answer. I stare at the young girl and wonder if she’s an idiot full of hopes and promises from the stupid jerk standing next to her. Maybe it’s unfair I’m judging them because it’s not their fault that I ended up falling in love with someone who kept hurting me. How did I even allow it? How did I ever believe he could change for me?
 
Suddenly, my body jerks forward as I felt my car hit the car in front of me. Luckily it wasn’t a strong impact for my airbags to activate but just as much as I hate eating when I’m upset and making a scene in public, I hate car accidents. 
 
 


 
A/N: Well, well, well. It’s about time I’ve posted the revised story of Yeji and Baekhyun. Thank you for the support you have all been giving and for remaining loyal to this new drama filled adventure. It’s been years since Breath of Life and it touches my heart you all continue to love it and share what it means to you.
T r o u b l e d C o n f e s s i o n 
will be a new set of emotions and the vibe will be different than BoL, yet Baekhyun and Yeji’s world will make you experience feelings we love to read about. 




Let’s begin a new world of drama together! Love, love, love you all! 


— xoxodreamcloud