Six

The Best Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER SIX

 

 

My sister frowns at me in her usual big-sister-disapproval-frown when I did something wrong. “We all know what happen. We disappointed that you haven’t tell anything yet to us. You know we care for you, don’t you munchkin?”

 

Now I feel really bad. She reminds me back to my past, when I caused trouble at school and didn’t tell anyone because I was scared as hell. Instead of scolding me for causing trouble, they all lectured me that I had to trust them so that they could help me. “I’m sorry.”

 

My sister sighs sadly. “I’m just worried about you. We all are.”

 

“I don’t know what to tell you because I can’t even figure it out what I want.”

 

Seungri lifts his hands in the air. “Alright. This is my clue to leave. I’ll come back again when you guys done.” He kisses my sister’s cheek before ruffling my hair playfully as he walks pass me.

 

I stick my tongue out at him and earn his laugh. I do love my brother-in-law. “You gonna miss out the best part.” I yell at his back.

 

 When I look up at my sister, she no longer has that upset expression in her pretty face. Instead, she stares at me with that big-sister’s-concern that scares the hell out of me.

 

“How are you feeling about this? About Yunho coming back and forcing himself into your life?”

 

I look down at my knotted hands. “Don’t know. Scare maybe. And absolutely confused.” That’s an honest answer. I can feel her eyes on me, gauging my body language. “We fought yesterday. He picked me up to dinner but then I confronted him. He said he wants me.”

 

“Did he say he loves you?”

 

To be honest, those three words are exactly what I’ve been waiting for. If only he had said that yesterday, he would have me wrapped in his fingers by now. I shake my head. “He hasn’t. And I don’t think that he will.”

 

“You hope that he will?”

 

“I don’t know what I hope anymore. I feel like I just let myself carried away into his dangerous game.”

 

“What if he’s not playing game?”

 

“ ‘If’ doesn’t guarantee anything.” I look up and find her sad brown eyes staring down at me.

 

“I’ve met him and we talked. He said he’s serious about you. And I swore that I would cut off his neck if he as much as makes you shed one tear.”    

 

Her face is so serious that I smile up at her, proud to have a big sister like her. “I love you, you know. No matter how weird you’ve became lately because of your pregnancy hormones.”

 

“Remind me of that again and I’ll smack you in the head.”

 

I’m so relief that the mood has become lighter now. I can’t bear too much serious stuff right now. Not when I still have to deal with whatever I have with Yunho. “You look glowing sis.” I throw compliment at her not only because it’s true. YoonHee’s always serious about her threat. I’m not going to risk my head just to make her feel better. “Pregnancy has done its magic on you.”

 

“Now. Now. See who’s talking? Are you sure you’re my sister?”

 

I shrug. “Can I have a taste?” I point the cheese cake with my chin.

 

Her scowl comes back as she gathers the plate closer to her as if it’s a baby she needs to cuddle. “Buy one for your self. My baby doesn’t like to share.”

 

I shake my finger at her. “Bad sister.” Inside I’m laughing.

 

 

********************

 

 

Yunho picks me up fifteen minutes early. I’m not surprised. I’ve prepared myself an hour before. Not the way I prepared like yesterday of course. I wear my favorite jeans with red cotton tee. The air has lately turned cold. The last thing I need is getting sick. And I finished dressing up by applying lip-gloss and mascara.

 

He wears faded blue jeans that hugged his long legs perfectly and white long sleeved t-shirt under brown leather jacket. Man, he looks so delicious I want to throw my self at him the moment I open the front door.

 

“You came early.” I say a little breathlessly, either it’s because I ran from my room upstairs or because of him I can’t tell.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter