Three

The Best Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER THREE

 

 

Wednesday morning, Yunho doesn’t greet me as usual. It’s a relief but I can’t deny the pang of disappointment in my chest. Where is he? Flirting with another woman? I’ll have his throat for that if he dare. This is what I’m afraid of. I’m freaking out with jealousy just because I cannot see him in the morning.

 

Even when I walk out of the school, I still can’t find him in the building. The construction men are still there. With a sigh, I climb inside the car and head down the city mal to meet Tiffany there.

 

“This one will do.” Tiffany wears her infamous smirk as she holds out the dress for me to take.

 

Wow! I admit it’s breathtaking. But it’s not for my taste. I’m more to modest dress kind-of-girl. And the cut is too low that I can’t possibly wear bra on it. Just the thought of wearing nothing underneath makes me shudder in horror. For God’s sake, I want to talk to Yunho, not seducing him.

 

I scowl at my overly-excited best friend.  “How can you possibly suggest me to wear this?” I throw back the dress at her. “What about this?” I hold out simple violet sundress with modest cut and it falls bellow the knees. It will match perfectly with my black cardigan and strapless sandals.

 

She scowls back at me with distaste. “You’re supposed to be dressed like a siren not a nun.”

 

I gape at the dress in my hand. “This dress will make me look like anything but nun.” I frown at her. “This is simple and cute. Can’t you see it?”

 

She shakes her manicured index finger at me. “We should make you look fantastic Yuri, not plain and simple.”

 

I wince at her words. Yeah, since I was a kid I was always a plain and simple girl. Nothing special about me.

 

“I’m sorry. I put it wrong.” She wraps her arms around me from behind. “I want you to look fantastic it will drive Yunho crazy because he will remember nothing but you. You’re the kindhearted, incredibly beautiful, and smart girl that he dumped years ago and now he will fight to get you back. Who wants to look cute when they can look y, huh?”

 

The answer is me. I’m not comfortable putting my body on display.

 

 I wrench away from her arms. “No. no. You get it wrong. He doesn’t want me back. And I was a kid for God’s sake. It was just a stupid crush.” I am a lying liar. It was anything but a stupid crush. It was love. It was beautiful. And the love still exists deep down, under the shattered pieces of my heart.

 

“Okay, okay.” Tiffany reaches out, trying to sooth my fretting mood. “This is for a name of revenge then.”

 

I feel stupid and angry tears start to burn the back of my eyes. I put my fists in my eyes, hoping it will stop my self from weeping in front of people. This is so humiliating. “I’m not going to hurt him. I can’t.”

 

Tiffany throws her arms around me. “He is stupid for leaving you. Trust me he realizes it now and he wants you back. I’m telling you this so you can think about it carefully. No matter what you told me Yuri, I can see that you still care for him.”

 

I do. I love him. It just so hard to actually believe you still can love person who hurt you the most. My ego doesn’t allow it to happen. My pride refuses to give in easily. My heart misses him so much, and my mood is as black as my mom’s coffee as the result of the battle. I sniff against Tiff’s shoulder.

 

“I love him. I always do.” I admit wholeheartedly.

 

“I knew it!” She holds me at arm length. “Ha! You got busted!”

 

I roll my eyes. Trust this girl to ruin the moment. “Not funny.” I mutter sullenly.

 

“Okay crybaby, let’s get this over with. How about this dress?”

 

I narrow my eyes at her. Even I could puke just by seeing the dress, let alone wearing it. “Are you ting me or you merely want me to look like a ?” 

 

She cracks into a laugh that people start staring at us curiously.

 

“Shut up Tiff. I mean it!” I hiss at her. “Come on. Let’s looking around.” I tug her arm so she moves along beside me.

 

Why do people around me seem often getting me in trouble rather than saving me out of it? And this woman is the top of all.

 

 I duck my head as we pass a bunch of young ladies. Just as my head look up, right there and then I know I’ve found the perfect dress. The color is a blue almost like green. The ruffle looses down just right above the knees. It shows collarbone but the cut is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter