Seventeen

The Best Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

 

 

After Kibum kiss my brother goodbye, he strides out of the room and close the door softly still with big grin in his face. I already make hundred plans in my head to revenge my brother. He’s so not going to walk out of this amused. Not when my and Yunho’s heart are suffering.

 

“He likes to see me tortured.” Yunho mumbles.

 

“What is ‘tortled’ daddy?” Kibum chirps, still with the rose in his hands.

 

“Is the flower for me baby?” I interrupt merrily. The fact that this boy bought this flower for me is warming my heart. I have a son now to care for. And now there is probably a baby on the way. Holy cow! I can’t decide whether I’m terribly lucky or I’m dreadfully unfortunate.

 

The boy quickly forgets what he was asking to his dad. Kibum grins at me. “Uncle Jae and I bought this flower.”

 

“It’s beautiful.” I praise. “Maybe we should put it in a vase so it doesn’t get wilted.” 

 

Kibum frowns down at the flower in his hands. “The lady said the flower won’t ‘witted’.”

 

“Wilted.” Yunho revises. “I’ll get the vase for you.” Yunho put Kibum on the bed beside me. “Sit down tight. Don’t even move a muscle. Mom needs a rest.”

 

I glare at Yunho from beneath my lashes until he disappears behind the closed door. The boy, however, sits down tight like a statue on my side. His legs dangle from the bed. His troubled eyes are zeroed on the needle in my hand.

 

“It’s alright baby.” I pat his head with my good hand.

 

“Does it hurt mommy?”

 

I purse my lips. “I didn’t feel it when the nurse put it on. I think I was asleep.”

 

He nods tightly, eyes still on the needle.

 

“Are you afraid of needle?”

 

 “It stings and hurt.” He says quietly. “I don’t like it.”

 

Ah… the puzzle falls into the place. “You ever got a shot? Did it hurt?”

 

The boy nods with bottom lip trembling slightly. “A scary nurse held my arm. Daddy was at work so I cried.”

 

The honest confession stings my heart. The feeling of guilty is so thick because I wasn’t there by his side when Kibum had to endure his first experience of needle alone.

 

“Oh baby. Come here.” My arms are opened for him.

 

He shakes his head frantically while stealing glance at the door. “It’s alright mommy. I’m a big boy.”

 

“Who’s the big boy?” Yunho strides inside with a vase in his hand.

 

His lips are set in a thin angry line that I want to kiss until it softens under my lips.  Dark circles are visible under his eyes. He is tired yet he keeps pushing his limit. I momentarily push aside the thought of my possibility pregnancy. It’s almost midnight. Kibum is still here, wide awake, worrying over hurting me just because I want to hug him. And it’s all pissing me off.

 

I reach for Kibum’s head. “Are you sleepy? Its pass your bedtime, darling.” I his downy hair gently. “Why don’t you have a sleepover with Uncle Jae? You can come here again in the morning.”

 

The boy stares at me with thick reluctance.  But I won’t be deterred by those soulful brown eyes. “Tomorrow, mommy will be here waiting for you.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Pinky promise.” I deadpan.

 

He smiles even though he crinkled his nose as if in disgust. “Men don’t do that.”

 

I roll my eyes at Yunho. “Did your daddy teach you that? I think you just give me more reason to teach you about girls’ things.”

 

The boy looks at me with those thunderstruck wide eyes that I can’t help but to grin. “I’m kidding baby.” I ruffle his hair playfully. “Kiss mommy goodnight.” I offer my cheek to him. Kibum leans down and somehow with his awkward sitting p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter