Sixteen

The Best Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

 

 

Things get well eventually after a week. Kibum becomes the golden boy in my family. He even got praised a lot by the neighbors when he spent time in my parents’ house. My sister, she came home often to meet my boy. She said she wants the experience of motherhood so she nurtured Kibum when I was at work. The boy also gained lots of friends over the week. There is this cute little girl that captures his heart. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I encourage my boy, but they are so cute together. He plays a lot with her.

 

Jaejoong, my beloved brother, gave me four-hours-long-lecture four days ago. Everything he said is still echoed in my head up until now. I was torn between hysterical laugh and wild weeping as I listened to him. I love them but the way they keep insisting that I am in a need of talking is driving me crazy. In the end, I avoid any direct contact with them.

 

Yunho, well, it’s different case with the dad apparently. Part of me relieves that Yunho gives me my space, but half of me is really disappointed that he won’t fight for me. I often wept in my bed at nights when I woke up and found my self alone. I miss him, a lot that it comes to the point of hurt. But then I’m a liar. I am crying now in the school bathroom because I can’t stand the sight of that goddamn building Yunho owns. He is probably hiding somewhere inside just to torture me.

 

Two days left until I can tell Yunho about my decision. But what am I supposed to tell him? Everything gets twisted badly. My logic and my heart, they are at a cold war state. And I miss him. And I love him so much that it hurts. The result is I’m forced to stay in this small cubicle because I’ve ruined my make up and I forgot to bring my bag. Just ing Great!

 

There is a soft knock on the door. I lean heavily in the wall because I feel like being robbed out of my energy.

 

“Yuri, open up baby.”

 

It’s Yunho!

 

My heart skips a beat. I straighten my seating position. My back, my legs, my arms, everywhere feels hurt, possibly because sitting too long with bended knees.

 

“Yunho?” I call out. My God, it feels so good to be able to say his name again without feeling stupid. He is here! He is outside, waiting me to open the door so he can see me, probably taking me home.

 

“Yeah it’s me. Open up for me baby.”

 

I reach out to unlock the latch but I’m so weak that my hand falls again to my side. “I can’t.”

 

“Don’t shut me down now. I need you. Go home with baby. I can’t do this anymore.” He sounds so desperate that my eyes begin to blur with tears.

 

“That’s not what I meant. I’m just so tired. I can’t reach the latch.” I explain desperately, wishing that he will understand and help me to get the hell out of here into his arms. Oh how I miss his hug, his kiss, his smell.  “Help me. I can’t open the door. Maybe you should break the door.”

 

“Are you alright?” His desperate voice matches with mine.

 

I see his shadow under the door, pacing back and forth in anxious strides.

 

“Is everything alright?” There’s a female voice too. I can’t picture out who she is because I suddenly feel so sleepy.

 

“Yeah. Yeah. Everything’s alright. We’ll be out in a minute.” Yunho dismiss the lady. “Thank you.”

 

“Yunho?”

 

“I’m right here, baby. How’s your feeling?”

 

“I’m so sleepy.” I tell him as I lean back into the wall. I have a hard time to keep my eyes open. It will be totally embarrassing if Yunho see me like this, but what can I do. My arms refuse to move.

 

“Hang on sweetheart.”

 

There’s crashing voices from the cubicle next to mine. I don’t have any idea what Yunho is doing there. My brain fails me. It forces to be shut down. The crashes are still there before out of sudden Yunho appears like a fallen angel. Tears roll down my cheeks at the sight of him forcing his way down in the small cubicle with me sprawling dead weight in the closet.

 

Yunho is wearing faded blue jeans and black shirt. His sleeves are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter