Chapter 8

I Am Myth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  The time limit of one week to prepare my house is nearly up.  Tomorrow afternoon the six boys are expecting me to lead them to my home, a home which does not exist.  The sun had risen hours ago; the school I was attending had commenced half of an hour ago.  I was not going to attend today; I had to solve the problem of not having a proper house and currently living in a cave.

  The issue of where my house was located and how to reach it, I had solved the day prior.  Why it was in the area of where my human lived was already explainable.  There is a plot of land, one no one trespasses upon, one located only three streets north of the place Zelo saw me on his way to school.  I’ve owned that particular area of land since before this city existed, I had a feeling owning human terrain would be of use at some time.  Now was that time.

  Anyone that came onto my land I had arrested by the human police, after enough stories of the place spread around, it was completely avoided in general.

  I placed a draping moss barrier across the dirt path out of human sight.  If anyone other than myself pushed the earthy curtain aside, those law enforcers would take action upon it and I would have no need for human interaction as it once was for me. 

  Getting to my clearing would not be hard to do, but it would be a walk to reach.  The property is known to extend deep into the surrounding forest, so having a house in a meadow like this would not be unreasonable.

  It was where I would place the house I was to live in and the design of it that has me boggled.  I stood in the center of the open meadow looking up at the waterfall my cave was hidden behind.  I’ve lived in the rock surrounded hollow most of my existence, which does not help with knowing how a house should look or any of the sort.

  The boys I attend school with believe I am rich, although a large, modern mansion of sorts would not look proper in a place so sacred and beautiful.  So what then was I to do?  It had to fit the scenery, to complement the natural glory the meadow shone with.

  Wood, it had to be made of wood.  I finally decided after sitting in the sparkling water of the near by stream for an hour and three quarters.  The flow of the cold glacial waters allowed me the clarity to think.  But I still had a fair length to go before this house was ready to be shown to any human.

  Most houses located in the forest were cabins.  Small, quaint and simple, the exterior of the likes would compliment the space that would surround it.  Rising from the crystal waters I walked onto the dry lands, clothing materializing on my body as it dried instantaneously upon my exit.

  I wanted to avoid my birthplace as much as I could, I don’t like to be near it should I not be required to.  Near a stream would be nice, being able to hear the flowing of the water whilst relaxing within the cottage.  The glacier water is clean and pure enough to drink while it flows inside my sanctuary, I would use it as drinking water.

  But which of the three flowing waters should I build near was what I would have to now decide.  Narrowing it down to two was simple since one stream ran very near to the capsule within the ground I came from.  Leaving my cave for some time would be hard so staying close to things I remember would be very nice.

  I took to walking around on the soft grass that tickled my feel.  The many color flowers danced in the slight breeze the ran between the petals, the songs from the birds sitting in the trees filled the air along with the rushing of the glacial water between the rocks.

  My hair blew around my face as I observed the stunning surroundings.  Looking up at the mountains and the cascading crystals waters I released a contented sigh.  A small smile gracing my lips as the life of the area around me filled my soul, the sunlight kissed my skin, and the wind caressed me as a lover.

  My eyes found their way to the location of the cave I rest in behind the waterfall.  I followed the water as the dropped down the side of the mountain before crashing into the pool below and flowing down the rushing stream.  It ran near the northern boarder, plenty of space for a house to be built nearby.

  “A perfect place the is still connected to the place I know.”  I affirmed with myself as I walked over to where I could envision a small cottage existing. 

  “Four walls, a roof, rooms.  Can’t be that hard to create something to show the humans.”  I muttered as I closed my eyes and envisioned the wooden exterior of the place I was supposed to live within.

  The wind picked up its speed as it swirled around me, whipping the blades of grass and leaves of the tree as my powers began their work.  From the particles in the air the wooden beams and posts began to form, stitching themselves together to build the walls for the cabin.

  Wooden boards and shingles, glass-covered windows with silted shutters, a chimney that I could picture smoke rising form were what could be seen from the exterior.  I opened my eyes when the wind pulling my hair began to cease, my eyes still glowing with my power as I looked at the magnificent cottage that stood before me.  It appeared to complement the scenery, as if it were always meant to be here.

  The twelve hundred square foot exterior of the single level cabin stood before me.  Lifting my right hand I made vines grow up the wooden walls, flowers sprouted around the entrance and small bushes popped up around the sides.

  Walking up to the door to enter the cabin, I pressed down the latch on the handle before the door swung inwards and opened.  The floor was glossy, polished oak; it was cold and hard against my bare feet, a distinct different from the silky grass and I couldn’t say if it was a change I preferred.

  The rest of the cabin was bare, save for the support beams running from floor to ceiling.  Sweeping my hand before me a wall formed three quarters of the way back with another forming within it the same distance lengthwise.  A snap of my fingers and a simple wood door formed within each wall for entrance.

  Raising my right hand to my waist I dropped it down with a spin of my wrist.  A wall that rose to just above the height of my waist rose from the floor, the top of which was smooth as glass.  It extended halfway to the far wall before creating and archway and continuing to the wall where they connected.  My far left against the wall was the fireplace where, a window facing the front of the cabin allowed light to flow in on my left and right.

  “Now what is it that is placed within a house?”  I questioned myself as I tried to picture what I remembered of my human’s house, even if it was damaged my fire and smoke at the time.  A place for human food was needed, somewhere to sit and relax after long days, a place to sleep and one where they are to relieve themselves.

  “A kitchen is needed.”  I sighed as I looked to my right where the half wall stood.  “This will do fine for that purpose.”

    Twisting my wrist in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter