Chapter 2

I Am Myth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Nights past and still that boy’s voice would always float into my head.  It was the most unorganized of thoughts, yet when pieced together seemed to make so much sense.  I would try to block him out, but I was never able to stop him from breaking those barriers I set up.

  I have never come across anything like this before.  Never in all the years that I have lived on this earth has a human been able to reach me through the millions of voice calling for help when they do not request for my assistance.  Never has a human been able to reach me to tell me kinds words and carry on a one sided conversation.

  What was different about this one boy?  Maybe I did something incorrectly while saving him that caused this to occur.  But that seemed rather impossible, I’ve done the same thing millions of times and not once has this ever happened. 

  The boy was different, special even, but soon he would grow old and die.  Two things I had very little control over.  Human life is so short, it seems like only a few blinks of an eye for me before a human I saw being born into this world is dying and leaving.

  “I don’t believe I ever told you my name.”  The voice once again filled my head.

  “I don’t want to know your name child.”  I spoke aloud to myself as I sat under the cascading water outside my home.  My hair stuck to my body as the cold glacier water hit my body.  The cold never bothered me, neither did heat, in all actuality nothing phased me and nothing hurt me.

  Doing everything I could I blocked the boy’s voice.  I wasn’t going to have any attachments to the humans; I wasn’t going to let the fist human whose name I am to learn be this boy I helped.  I wouldn’t let him become the reason I strayed from our norms.

  The moon was new this night.  No light came from the reflecting planet hanging in the sky.  The stars were the source of all light casted light on this valley below.  The place where I first emerged into this earth still remained as a whole surrounded by rock and rubble.  I never visited the place I was born from, it was only there as a reminder of where I came from.  A place I would never return to.

  Sighed I stood up and stepped away from the falling water.  The drops of water remaining on my body lifted them selves before floating over to join the rushing water down the mountainside.

  My hair dried as it fell straight down my back.  The silky strands brushing my skin with its soft caresses.  The bright violet of my hair was a beautiful contrast to my pale milky white skin, my eyes glowed the same color as my hair, maybe brighter even when I so willed them to.

  “Violet?”  I heard my name called from behind me.  My name seemed so apt, there wasn’t much of a choice in it.  Making my amber eyes flaring to their glowing purple.  I don’t take kindly to those who invade my sanctuary.

  I spun around, looking that the boy that stood on the edge to my cave.  His electric blue hair matching the glowing electric blue eyes that looked at me.  “Skye, what is it you want?”

  His body was well sculpted like all of us.  We were perfection in the eyes of humans, but I think otherwise.  We are not perfect, I can see all of our flaws no matter how much the rest deny that fact. 

  “You never visit, we are worried that something may have happened.”  Skye spoke as he advanced towards me.

  I laughed airily, “Nothing can happen to me, to us.  I prefer to be alone, you are all aware of this so why bother me.”

  “You can’t hide from us forever Violet, you are one of us.”

  “I am what I am.  I don’t not need reminding every time I look at you, I already know very well.”  I reply, “Leave Skye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter