Families

SCANDAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

~*~

 

 

CRITICS SPEAK UP ABOUT NATION'S IDOL COUPLE ADULTERY

1. [+5385 / -583] I agree. If this is the fall of the nation's idol group, it's really sad, especially since their demise was brought upon by their leaders. Oh well. We will always have Lies and Gee to reminisce their glorious years.

 

 

BIG BANG AND SNSD'S LEGACY IN QUESTION

1. [+4673 / -374] I hope we can all be stuck in 2007-2012 when the singers we idolized did not get irresponsibly drunk, have outside marriage, and lie about marriage. Genie... Fantastic Baby... If... Heartbreaker... these are all classic songs by the idols we looked up to... so what happened to them?

 

 

G-DRAGON INDIRECTLY RESPONDS TO DIVORCE RUMORS VIA TAEYANG'S INKIGAYO COMEBACK STAGE

1. [+3858 / -746] YOU! HOW CAN YOU STILL LIE AND TOY WITH US LIKE THIS? ENOUGH WITH THE LIES! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SING LIKE YOU LOVE HER WHEN YOU'RE ING ANOTHER WOMAN AND WHILE SHE S ANOTHER MAN? SICKENING! I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED!


 

~*~

 

With a heavy heart, I stepped out of Tiffany's car. It was the last thing I wanted to do, yet it was the best thing I could ever do. I already let two days pass me by, hiding behind my best friend, hiding from the world, letting the scandal take control of my life. While I hid behind the veils of depression, the anger and hatred just gripped my heart, weighing me down. But with Leeteuk and Tiffany's words in heart, I at least fought all the fear to face the most painful.

 

What was the most painful? Was it the general public finding entertainment in circulating and believing malicious rumors about me? Was it the society's criticism of my actions? Was it my friends and family's sufferings? Yes, they were all painful. Yet they weren't the most painful. Because in the two days that I tried to find even the littlest of anger or blame for my husband, but found none, I realized that the very thing straining me was that. Him. Kwon Jiyong. My inability to hate him, to blame him, to resent him, that was straining me the most.

 

The most painful was having to feel this for that person. Logically speaking, he caused all these miseries. Yet I couldn't hate him. That was painful. It hurt me, it broke me, it killed me, to have to feel this much selflessness for him.

 

So my feet shook as I took those steps that would lead me back to very person that was causing me the darkest of my griefs. I dreaded seeing him again, because then I would be reminded how he was never mine. How I had to now return him. How I had to let go. It strained me, because no matter what his song said, no matter how much he sang about asking me to stay, that did not comfort me. I was now filled with so much doubt, acceptance, fear, that I was never going to be picked. I was always the second option. Maybe never even an option. I was just the woman he accidentally knocked up and had to marry.

 

"I know that when you see him, the love would overpower the pain. But best, you have to recognize that you're worth more than a wife to , or a trophy wife to save his career. For baby girl, for me, for your family, and best of all, for yourself... never settle for anything less than what you deserve. You deserve a real marriage. A real husband. A real partner in life. A real father to your child. A real relationship. If he can't give you all those, then he does not deserve you."

 

Tiffany's very meaningful words guided my entire walk. I took every single word she said to heart, and used them to convince myself that I couldn't let my entrance to this home invite me towards that same place that caused me all this pain -- that place where I cooked for him, cleaned up for him, took care of him -- that place where I also allowed him to use me for his physical needs -- that place where I opened up to him, and he to me -- that place where I was willing to be a trophy wife for the public while he slept with his girlfriend -- that place where I did, and would do, everything for him.

 

That place... it was here. Now I have to enter it.

 

I didn't even have to ring the doorbell, because just as I took that last step towards the porch, the gate I just entered swung open once more. When I looked back to check who opened it, I saw the very last person I wanted to see. Also the very person I most wanted to see.

 

As our eyes fell on each other, I felt an unbelievable difficulty breathing. It felt as if my air supply just stopped, because I consciously held on my breath. I wanted to stop looking at him so that I could catch my breathe, yet I couldn't stop looking at him. It was always that push and pull with Kwon Jiyong. A month ago, I wanted to stop falling for him, yet it felt good to fall for him. I wanted to stop giving him away, yet it felt right to give him away. Now I couldn't stop missing him, I wanted to long for him, to look at him, even to hold him, because it gave me a certain kind of relief. Yet I also knew that missing him more and longing for him more only hurt me more.

 

"Taeyeon... how are you? Is baby girl alright?" he asked in panic, pulling me so suddenly in his arms, baby girl's bump in between us. "And you're okay, right? I'm so sorry. I'm sorry babe. I miss you."

 

He only pulled my head so tight, even if baby girl's size prevented us from fully embracing each other's body. We stayed like that for a very long time, and though I didn't want to close my eyes, I still did. I savored his scent, his warmth, the moment. It felt so good to be embraced by him like this. Like the pains and sufferings that had been killing me for weeks did not just happen. In fact, in his touch, everything just felt right.

 

But Tiffany's voice also echoed in my ears, reminding me that I deserved more than to be held like this and be told that I was missed. I couldn't just accept the apologies.

 

"Come on in, you two," my mother demanded, cutting short that embrace that has lingered longer than normal for a couple that had just been caught cheating on each other. I didn't even realize the front door already opened for us.

 

Jiyong grabbed my hand and held my back, helping me walk towards that couch where I sat, facing our whole family. He remained stood up, towering before all of us who were sat. It was as if he planned on taking command of the focal point. Everyone was here, our parents and siblings. And each of them looked at Jiyong with such deep anger, while they all looked at me with so much pity and worry. Suddenly, I worried for my husband, who would definitely hear it all from the elders today.

 

"Aunt Choi said Taeyeon and baby girl are physically healthy, but she scheduled her for another set of therapies. She's again depressed, but this time it's severe," Kwon Dami declared to the whole family.

 

Dami unnie standing up with arms crossed, studying Jiyong and I with such a sad gaze. She was the one who obtained the results from the hospital two days after the worried Stephanie rushed me to the psychiatric unit for my nervous breakdown. I already knew I was depressed, but to hear that it was severe, it still brought an incredible amount of fear in me. I just held onto baby girl. Everyone's face turned for the darker at such announcement. Without further ado, the parents began their quest for the truth. And just as my fear told me, all the elders were very angry at Kwon Jiyong.

 

It was Kwon umma who spoke first.

 

"Kwon Jiyong, did you really meet with that woman in Europe when you were supposedly in a second honeymoon with our Taeyeon?"

 

I bowed my head and just crosse my fingers together, straining them, like I always did when I was anxious. I felt Jiyong's nervousness as he stood just in front of me, and I couldn't even begin to look at him, afraid that his struggle to come clean to our parents would cause me to want to aid his pains.

 

"Answer me son!" Kwon umma followed up, firmer and louder.

 

"I did."

 

"Did you sleep together?" this time, Kwon appa asked.

 

As if it was planned, I heard the combined holding of the breath of everyone in our families. Jiyong's inability to speak caused such a commotion, and even I was shocked beyond belief at his potential confession. I guessed I didn't expect this family meeting to be this blunt and upfront. This time, I turned my head to look at him. He was bowing his head, and I knew that soon, he would speak of nothing but the truth. I hated that my mind automatically worked to think of an escape, a save, for him. But just as I was making up excuses in my head, he already answered...

 

"Y-yes."

 

"My God!" Kwon umma gasped, holding her chest. I also saw how my parents and siblings got mutedly shocked at Jiyong's confession.

 

I was about to speak, to save him from this self-harm, when I saw Kwon appa stand up so suddenly. He walked past me to reach for Jiyong, and before anyone could say or do anything about it, he lifted his hand to...

 

SLAP!

 

"HOW DARE YOU EMBARRASS ME AND YOUR MOTHER LIKE THIS?!"

 

As if that hard slap from a father was not enough, he also took his other hand to plant another strong slap into Jiyong's other cheek. SLAP! On both times, Jiyong's head shook from the impact.

 

"HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO YOUR PREGNANT WIFE?"

 

Our mothers and sisters already began tearing up, because Jiyong just confirmed all the news our families so never wanted to believe. Kwon appa was now short of breath, and he closed his eyes and panted. I felt bad for the old man, as I saw on his face the struggle of a disappointed father.

 

"I'm sorry umma, I'm sorry appa, I'm sorry noona," Jiyong began to say, bowing at his family. This time, he did not kneel. Good. Because he already knelt before in front of our families, but he broke the promise yet again. He then faced my family and bowed at them one by one. "I'm sorry Kim umma, I'm sorry Kim appa. I'm sorry Jiwoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter