Paybacks

SCANDAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

 

G-DRAGON AND TAEYEON SWEETLY POST FROM PRAGUE

 

1. [+69,322 / -5,421] About time he quashed the nasty rumors about them. I really have a bad feeling about this marriage. Like it's just an act to save the faces of the nation's groups. For now, I'll give them another chance, but I am a cynic...

 

2. [+59,123 / -2,176] Couple outfits... kissing in public... aren't they trying too hard?

 

3. [+56,325 / -3,537] Wow. Who would have thought huge idols like BB and SNSD's leader could someday comfortably display their affection in public? They're very sweet. And touchy-feely...


 

DC Inside Top Post

 

Taeyeon and GD shopping in Prague (104 photos)

 

- That's some shopping right there. Tae... your husband's just one man.

 

- The hubby has to make up to the wifey for leaving her to be with Kiko. Yeah, maximize his black card Taeyeon.

 

- I AM WARNING EVERYONE THAT I AM REPORTING TO SM AND YG THE ACCOUNTS SPREADING MALICIOUS POSTS ABOUT THE KWON COUPLE!

 

Nate Pann Top Post

 

Jiyong and Taeyeon in Beer Garden (67 photos)

 

- The ? Wife's preggers dude, can't you stop partying for once? This , bad, bad, bad husband.

 

- Tae wasn't drinking. According to a tweet from a Korean ex-pat, Ji wasn't drinking either. They were just there to taste Prague's best grilled meat.

 

- Looks like they are fighting huh?

TY: Me or Kiko? Choose now.

GD: The baby and Kiko. Dun curr bout u.

 

~*~

 

Three hours, €70,000 receipts, six pending hotel deliveries, and eleven shopping bags later, Kwon Jiyong and I were finally walking out of the crowded alleyway in Na Příkopě. I still didn't talk to him, never even acknowledged him. Although when there was someone who remotely recognized us, we'd very much act like a loving couple with displays of affection here and there.

 

The best part was Jiyong's face for every time I found an expensive item I wanted to buy. When he first volunteered to swipe his black card (what an obnoxious person) in Gucci for my $2,000 tab, that's when I found the golden opportunity of somehow making myself feel better. You wanted to make it up to me? Fine. Make it up with your credit card. So I went to all high-end brands -- Prada, LanVin, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Burberry -- and didn't leave such stores without at least a $5,000 bill.

 

Now don't get me wrong. The last thing I still wanted was to depend on him financially. But the somehow worried expression on his face as the total shopping amount escalated to €70,000 made me feel better. I felt vindicated as his face got worse, got more bothered, for every swipe. And the best part was, I'd also ask him to return all these on our very last day in Prague.

 

Small forms of vengeance made me feel a little happier, and I wanted to take advantage of it.

 

"Is this how much trouble I am in? €70,000?" he asked as we headed for the metro transit.

 

No, you idiot. No amount of money can match being lied to and stood up for three days.

 

"Hey, we've been together the whole day, and you haven't said a word to me that didn't involve pretend PDA," he begged.

 

To see him suffer carrying those shopping bags in the crowded train station satisfied me a whole lot. He even got two elder males shout at him for hitting them with the bags. It was now 6pm, and dinner was overdue. Still ignoring him, I checked my phone to see where the most expensive dining would be. La Degustation Bohême Bourgeoise. Prepare to shell out €5,000 for a single entree, you idiot.

 

"For leaving you for three days, I'm really sorry."

 

You think saying sorry is enough? How about the damage your partying in Tokyo did? How are we going to clean that up, huh? As of now, online comments about us and our marriage still weren't good. Just as succesfully as we sold our fairytale wedding four days ago, just as successfully did his adultery in Japan ruined it.

 

So I still ignored him as we entered the train going to that very expensive Czech restaurant. The coach was crowded, so we were very close and face to face. If he dared kiss me again just because at least four couples surrounding us were French-kissing and second-basing, I would definitely punch him in the face.

 

"Taeyeon... I'm so sorry..."

 

"You say that an awful lot lately. Do you even mean it Mr. Kwon?" finally, I gave in to his bugging. My silent treatment lasted 4-hours. I figured it was much better to talk now, or he'd steal another wet kiss again.

 

"Mr. Kwon? Hey, we're married now. Don't call me Mr. Kwon anymore, I feel insulted  I won't have the mother of my child call me Mr. Kwon. We're friends, so call me Jiyong."

 

How dare you say we're friends?! Friends don't stand each other up. you. Oops. I forgot I said I didn't want to have a dirty mouth anymore. Damn you Kwon Jiyong for making me curse for the first times in my life!

 

"We're not friends, Mr. Kwon. We're just two people forced to marry because of unfortunate circumstances," I answered to him firmly, looking around to ensure there were no Koreans or Asians to hear or recognize us. There were none. I was pushed even closer to him when the train accommodated more passengers. Almost in his ear, I said, "We have different lives, different sets of social circle, different backgrounds. Just because we're now Mr. and Mrs. Kwon doesn't mean we're now friends."

 

I'm not the rightful Mrs. Kwon anyway. I turned my back on him. If he was saying something, I didn't hear it, because the sound of the train, the chattering of the European crowd, they prevented us from having a clear conversation. Until we reached our destination. I exited the coach without even checking if he was following me. Well, he was. Because just as I exited the station to head out for Haštalská, I heard his footsteps running closer to me.

 

"Taeyeon... when I vowed to be your best friend, I really meant it. Didn't you? Or was that part of your vows just bull?"

 

Wow. What nerve. Now that really captured my undivided attention and ugliest form of anger. We stopped walking just before the crosswalk, and there was at least two minutes before it was the pedestrian's turn to cross. I faced him, my face filled with so much disbelief at how incredibly thick-faced and insensitive was the man I married.

 

"Why should I mean it when all you said was BS too? Baby girl is supposed to be priority number one, and yet you didn't even think twice letting me fly on my own, or deserting me for almost three days. On the first night since you said your vows, you already broke the one you promised to God. How dare you question my sincerity, Mr. Kwon!" I exclaimed so passionately, shaking my head in total surrender to such insensitivity.

 

He was not just bad, bad, bad, boy who's so bad. He was an absolute jackassy bastard.

 

"So are you upset that I went to Tokyo? You said you weren't," he explained breathlessly, tired from carrying all my shopping bags. We were now crossing the road, and I walked so quickly he had to chase after me. "I'm sorry for hanging out with my friends, or for going to Tokyo! I felt bad about it, but then you said you needed time alone."

 

"Bull! Lesson number one Mr. Kwon, when you ask a woman how she is and she said fine, she's lying!" I shouted as I sprinted, and he was definitely finding it difficult to walk after me.

 

Until he tripped, and just about every nice watch, jewelry and clothing item I have fakely bought littered the curbside. He cursed in Korean so loudly, calling the attention of the Europeans walking nearby. He looked pathetic picking up those pieces. When I saw how the people laughed, or pointed, at how clumsy and ridiculous he looked, I felt guilty beyond doubt. Aaaaahhhh was I too far to let him carry eleven bags that probably totaled 6 kg?

 

Even against my angry mind, I walked towards him to help him. I was very unwilling to do so, but he looked so pitiful cleaning up after his mess.

 

"Don't help me. You're punishing me, remember?" he bitterly muttered, but I just ignored him. "If you were so upset, you should have just told me. I can't read minds, Taeyeon. Now I know you don't like me hanging out with my friends, so I'm not going to do it."

 

"I'm not upset with you for hanging out with your friends. Don't make this about that," I explained, picking up the last piece that littered the ground. I took three bags from him, and now we resumed our walk.

 

"I'm upset because you promised something and didn't follow through. Next time, just don't make a promise you can't keep. Like I told you, the last thing I want is to wait for you or depend on you. If you promise me something, it makes me wait and depend on you, and I hate doing that!" I was surprised at how calmly I was explaining things. Was I not mad anymore? Wow, that was fast. Did it only take for him to trip and look pitiful for me to be kinder?

 

"Don't leave me hanging like that again because it's really upsetting. You don't have to appear responsible by making me promises. From now on, I don't want you to promise me anything, because I don't want to wait for you, or depend on you."

 

"Okay. I promis--"

 

"I said don't make promises anymore!" I shouted so loud others looked at us.

 

"Alright. I'll just do it. I'm really sorry," he said sincerely.

 

We looked at each other for a long time as we stood on that busy walk way, the people passing us by. I silently punished myself for being kind so fast. I was doing well ignoring him, punishing him, making him look like a fool like he did me, but I couldn't hold it until the end. I just wasn't as spiteful and as vengeful as I wanted to be.

 

"Things have got to change around here. I'm going to put my foot down from now on. You said you valued my opinions and thoughts, so I'm telling you my rules and provisions now," I started again, and continued walking towards that expensive restaurant. Good thing I was at least still set to make him pay for a €2,000 wine.

 

"Of course. What are those?"

 

"My number one provision is that you're not allowed to see Kiko anymore--"

 

But I was suddenly cut because of two teenage boys biking in front of us, almost hitting me. Jiyong rushed to get me, so that I was pushed so close to him again. But more than worrying about how I could have been hit, I was more worried about how my last statement appeared!

 

"Okay," was all he said. Darkly.

 

Okay?! What do you mean okay?! Oh . . Did I just say that way?! Oh my God, what a thick face Kim Taeyeon! Fix this! Fix this now!

 

"I was just... I didn't mean it. I..." but I couldn't recover myself anymore, as I was very disturbed at how he casually said okay.

 

Even if I didn't really mean that provision that way, did he just agree to it with no questions asked?!

 

"Freudian slip. You were really upset that I left you on our wedding night. It was really wrong of me to have done so. In fact, if I was not hecka drunk after the party, I wouldn't have left you. You have no idea how much I punished myself when I woke up hungover and realized I left you alone that night. It was insensitive of me."

 

"I didn't mean to ask you to stop seeing her. I was... I just meant don't see her without my--"

 

"If your pregnancy hormones are requiring you to ask that of me, then I'll do it. Anything and everything for our child," he answered calmly, still no trace of kindness or even the slightest smile. He resumed walking, so I followed.

 

"It doesn't mean that way, I swear! I don't want to appear presumptuous and demanding of you!" I defensively called out after him, catching up to him when he entered the restaurant. "I just want you to tell me point-blank if you're meeting her. Don't meet up with Kiko without my knowledge. You don't even need my consent. Just an FYI would do. That's provision number one."

 

But before he could even respond to that, we were already ushered to our seats in this very luxurious wine and dine. I only realized when we were face-to-face that this was our first sit-down dinner out. Were we having our first dinner date right now? I suddenly felt conscious, because he was much too close, and the restaurant's ambience was much too romantic. I was not dressed up! My hair and face were plain! Ugh, making him pay an extravagant dinner is a bad idea after all. My revenge just bit me on my back when I saw how made and dressed up the other couples around us were.

 

"It's okay. Your natural beauty can make up for it. And besides, they know who we are," he told me, noticing that I was looking around. He also winked at me.

 

Who we were? What does he mean by that? Then, the open kitchen that housed the chef suddenly came to life. The head chef took command of the mic and spoke in clear and commanding Czech that I didn't understand.

 

"We'd like to welcome to our Burgeoise family, two superstars from Asia, newlyweds G-dragon and Taeyeon Kim! Let's give them a round of applause."

 

Clap! Clap! Clap!

 

Why are the people clapping? How did this chef know our name? Wait a minute... did Jiyong already have a reservation?

 

The people around us said words in different European languages. But their smiling faces and cheerful greetings were enough to tell me what they were saying. They were greeting the Asian newlyweds. Turned out, the head chef was Asian himself. Yup, they definitely knew us. This was such a fail revenge plan on my part, because Kwon Jiyong already had a lavish 6-course dinner with a €5,000 20-year old wine reserved for us. Why was it difficult to plant a revenge on him?! My plan kept biting me back.

 

"To our marriage and friendship!" Jiyong offered a toast once the server poured our wine for us.

 

With literally half the busy restaurant looking at us, I had no other choice but to accept his toast with a half-hearted smile. Damn you, Kwon Jiyong. Once more I marveled at how impressive he was in pretending everything was okay, like he did not just disrespect me, or made me look like a fool waiting in vain.

 

"I want to be able to tell you everything. I want us to be understanding of each other, honest with each other, trustful of each other. We might not be husband and wife in this marriage. But we can be good friends -- best friends."

 

"You keep saying we should be good friends. So tell me Jiyong, how can a best friend make me look like a fool in front of the whole world while he partied with his girlfriend and while I went to our honeymoon alone?" now I couldn't pretend or hold my thoughts anymore.  

 

It wasn't even the lack of a proper explanation, or maybe the denial that I was expecting, that made me fuming. I loathed the way he behaved, talked, smiled, acted. It was as if nothing was wrong. Like stealing a kiss, or posting a couple selfie, or spending €80,000 on me on one go, would make the last three days disappear. But really, what did I expect? Did I really look forward to him denying all the talks online that he was spotted drinking, dancing and partying with Mizuhara Kiko? Actually, I didn't know what he could do or say that would lessen my resentment. Anything he did or said would not sound sincere, would not suffice, wouldn't make me feel better about the situation.

 

I'm sorry Mr. Kwon. But baby girl and I would like to remain angry. Right baby girl? Don't give in to your dad yet. We're angry. You're with umma on this baby.

 

"You're going to be the mother of my child. I'm going to be the father of your child. Don't you feel like we owe it to her to actually be good friends? Please accept my friendship. Taeyeon please..."

 

He took my two hands with his, and then continued, "I know you won't ever ask me not to talk to or meet Kiko, because you're not that kind of person. You're very kind and selfless. But I don't want you to be upset with me for hanging out with her, or with my friends. I want you to know where I went, what I did, who I was with. I hate that hanging feeling that you hate me for going somewhere. I really hated what happened in the last four days, and I know it's all my fault. The only way it won't ever happen again is if we become honest with each other."

 

He might be a jackass, but he was making a lot of sense. It was true that the last four days fell apart in an ugly manner due to our lack of communication.

 

"Do you really not want me to see her? I'm still asking your permission. Because I don't want you to hate me for something I did without your consent," he asked, gazing at me so deeply that it felt like I could melt with his stares.

 

Kwon Jiyong was so good in buying an audience in the moment. His real issue was following through his beautiful and sincere promises. That was exactly why I hated him more for it. It would have been easier to hate a man who did not do as he promised because he was a downright jackass with no pretense. Kwon Jiyong's problem was that he packaged himself to be a perfect Prince Charming, only to fall short on the moments that mattered.

 

I sighed and took my hands away from him. I was done being evasive and dramatic. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter