Misses

SCANDAL
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~*~

 

"H-hi. I'm really sorry Taeyeon. . Uhm... I'm still... here. I'm sorry. I got so wasted I lost consciousness. I'll be there as soon as I can. Don't leave the house. Did you leave the house? I sent my staff to get you. See you later. Sorry again."

 

I listened to that voice message that he sent three hours before boarding time. I was sat in my lonesomeness at the waiting area of our gate. Jiyong's manager was supposed to pick us up, bring us to the airport, and handle security. But by 4am, neither of them showed up, so I had no choice but to drive myself to Incheon. I figured without the artists' van and entourage, it would be easy to hide myself.

 

It really was. I've been sitting here for two hours, and none of the passing people recognized that this little woman wearing casual clothing, a hoodie, an a bun, was no other than the newly-wedded ex-leader of the nation's girl group.

 

With one hour left to the boarding, I still waited patiently for any sign of Kwon Jiyong and his crew.

 

May 07, 2014 / Seoul, South Korea

GD wrote: On the way. See you.

 

I wanted to respond some curse words and angered phrases, but I stopped myself. There was no use getting angry, so I just answered, "K."

 

With half hour to go, he texted again.

 

May 07, 2014 / Seoul, South Korea

GD wrote: Be there in 15.

 

May 07, 2014 / Seoul, South Korea

You wrote: K.

 

Turned out fifteen minutes meant three hours. Or more. Because at 12:14 in the afternoon, Incheon International Airport was still free of the G-dragon. At this time, I was already hurting myself from crumpling my fist so hard. I had been waiting six hours, for nothing. Every hour of being stood up increased my anger, and so even if he had been constantly texting and calling telling me, I ignored him. I knew I needed to go home, or move, but for some reasons, my maddening feelings glued me on the chair. Even if the announcer has repeatedly called for a Miss Kim en route to Shanghai (our connecting flight), I didn't get up from my spot.

 

I was in total disbelief that Kwon Jiyong had the nerve to stand me up on the next day of our wedding. Even after I graciously allowed him to meet his girlfriend on our wedding. He stood me up, on our flight to our honeymoon. He stood me up, until the very last minute.

 

"Pick up the phone. Are you still here? I got stuck in a traffic jam. Don't fly alone. Wait for me and we will book a later flight."

 

Voice messages like that made me hang on to the thinnest thread of hope. He said he was coming. I wanted to see if he really was. So even if 1pm came and went, I stayed.

 

"Sorry. Answer your phone please. I'm trying to get there faster, but I'm stuck on something."

 

Why was I still waiting? Shouldn't I have already left by 8:00am, when our plane already took off without us? But still I was here, staring at nowhere, nurturing my resentment and disbelief. Very angry. Very hungry. Very much alone. Very much pathetic.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

I didn't even jump again at the vibration of my phone, because it didn't surprise me anymore. He was now calling again for the 20th time since this morning. It was already 2pm, and I had been waiting for eight hours by myself. Now I realized that I've had it. It was pitiful to hang on a thin thread, so with all my patience, I have decided to answer him.

 

"Thank God you picked up! ...  did you already eat lunch?Just eat lunch now."

 

Acting all concerned about my well-being just fueled my anger. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, controlling my overwhelming emotions. I stopped myself from screaming YOU, as not only was I a public figure, I was soon to be a mother. My dirty tongue was not welcome in this society. Furthermore, I was afraid my sensitivity to everything would just aggravate the situation.

 

"I'll be there in an hour--"

 

"Just be honest. Will you really make it within an hour? Don't give me bull, Mr. Kwon.

 

I couldn't m say you, but I could say bull? . I was so mad. I was shaking, livid. Calling him Jiyong seemed kind. I didn't want to be kind. I wanted to be angry. Mr. Kwon, you.

 

"I'll t-try. I'm really sorry Taeyeon. I'm doing my best, and I think I'll be there in an hour."

 

"I'll fly alone first class so less people wouldn't notice me flying by myself," I answered, finally standing up after hours of being rooted here.

 

My baggages were checked in, I had nothing with me. No clothes, no personal things, only my purse and my laptop as a hand carry. But I didn't care. It still wanted to treat myself into that European tour, even if I was by myself.

 

"No! It's dangerous to fly on your own! Just go home and wait for me. We'll fly tonight."

 

"I won't wait for you. That's the last thing I want to do, so I'm going on my own," I told him coldly, firmly, very resentfully.

 

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn--"

 

"I'm fine, Mr. Kwon. You have your life, I have mine. Just because we're now married doesn't mean we need to do things together, or think about each other," I very sarcastically replied, walking towards the ticketing area. "I mean, who does that in a marriage, right? I had to remind myself that although we just got married, we're not husband and wife."

 

"I know you're mad, but please don't fly alone! Did you check in your baggages, your meds? You don't have anything. At least go home."

 

"I'm going, Kwon Jiyong. End of story," I insisted, stopping myself from walking and answering with so much conviction. I noticed one or two people look at me the moment I said his name. I continued to walk, fearing that I might be recognized.

 

"If you insist on going alone, charge the first-class ticket to my tab. Just tell them my name and they'd call me."

 

"The last thing I want is to depend on you. I'll manage, so goodbye now. See you in Prague... if you ever get there. Otherwise, see you in Seoul in next week."

 

That's when I hung up, full of his . Although being angry meant appearing expectant and demanding, I couldn't help but express what I truly felt. I didn't appreciate the fact that he gave me his word last night, his vows on our wedding day, only for him to break every single thing in one go. How dare Kwon Jiyong stand me up like this.

 

I was recognized by the ticketing agent, of course. Who knew who she'd tell? I didn't care anymore. I just needed to run away, fly away, leave Seoul. I needed room, time, space. I wanted a place and a moment where I didn't see G-dragon's face on the billboards littering the city, or the walls of the airport, or hear his songs playing in the whole establishment. I needed a place where the servers' home page did not report on our lavish and much talked-about fairy tale wedding.

 

I needed to be in Prague, away from home, even if I didn't have anything but my purse, phone and laptop. So I went to Prague.

 

And in Prague, I tried to become myself again. The Taeyeon who was able to smile at the mere sight of a hoard of birds. The Taeyeon who did not get depressed at the sight of news headlines about me and G-dragon. The Taeyeon who was able to enjoy a day tour in St. Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace, the Municipal House, the Prague Castle, and my most favorite spot of them all, the Astronomical clock.

 

I enjoyed the city on my own so much, shopping for my disguise in the best possible way, ignoring Kwon Jiyong's texts or calls, stopping myself from expecting him to come knocking on the hotel room. I did not stay in the hotel suite he booked. If he was here, he would have to kill himself finding me, because I would never tell him where I was. As far as I was concerned, the moment he stood me up in the airport, this honeymoon had become all about me, Kim Taeyeon. It was probably a blessing in disguise. At least our lie and the abomination that was G-dragon didn't tarnish the Czech Republic for me.

 

May 08, 2014 / Tokyo, Japan

GD wrote: I'm really sorry. Where are you?

 

May 08, 2014 / Tokyo, Japan

GD wrote: Hey, are you mad? Are in Prague? Are you in the hotel?

 

26 Missed Calls from GD

 

May 09, 2014 / Tokyo, Japan

GD wrote: I dropped the ball, I know. I'm coming soon.

 

May 09, 2014 / Tokyo, Japan

GD wrote: Please don't be angry anymore.

 

37 missed calls from GD

 

May 09, 2014 / Prague, Czech Republic

You wrote: I'm not angry. Good night. Or good day. Whatever.

 

I decided to respond. Maybe he was already in the plane, maybe he was in Seoul, I didn't know. I didn't care. Well, I did. I didn't want to care. So what if he was texting from Japan? I refused to dwell on any thoughts of him, or what he did in Tokyo, or who he was with in Tokyo. So whatever response he said about my only form of communication to him in the last two days, and even with the hundred calls he made, I ignored him for the next full day as I enjoyed my time alone in the beautiful capital of the Czech Republic.

 

~*~

 

Nate Pann Top Post:

G-dragon spotted in Tokyo?

- No way. An airport crew tweeted about Taeyeon in the plane to Shanghai.

- A friend of mine saw him hanging out with his friends in a club.

- He was drunk when I saw him. Definitely GD.

 

Bestiz Top Post:

Taeyeon alone in Prague?

- Hmmmm... shouldn't they be in a honeymoon right now? Why are they in two different places?

- Someone posted this photo in Instagram. Taeyeon's walking around Prague alone. No security or hubby to be seen.

- She seemed to be alone, we couldn't approach her so we took photos without her knowledge. She's pretty.

 

~*~

 

May 10, 2014 / Seoul, South Korea

GD wrote: I'm leaving Seoul for Prague in an hour. Had to take care of something first.

 

May 10, 2014 / Prague, Czech Republic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter