Blanket Kicks & Chocolate Sticks (Jimin, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A special scenario for our birthday boy! ^_^ Inspired by BTS’ “Blanket Kick” from their Dark & Wild Album.

 

 

Stupid. 

Stupid, stupid, STUPID!

Jimin groaned on his bed, kicking furiously at the sheets, his arms punching at empty space, and his face contorting in an expression in between a wince and a snarl. 

He couldn't believe how stupid he could be. He felt like he has just been awarded as the stupidest person of the year... or received the title as the epitome of idiocy—

"Yah! Jimin-ah!" A groan sounded from the other side of the room. Jimin ignored his hyung's complaints despite knowing that he was disturbing him from his slumber. "What hyung?!" He snarled as he covered his face with a pillow and whined. 

"Unbelievable!" Yoongi huffed as he ran a hand over his face before sitting up from his lying position. "What the hell is wrong with you, kid?!"

"He embarrassed himself in front of noona." Jungkook answered, who was suddenly by the door, wearing nothing but board shorts, his hair wet and a toothbrush poking out of his mouth. "Jimin hyung—“

"Aaargh! GET OUT!" Jimin snarled as he threw a pillow his way. The younger one avoided it instantly, chuckling as he left. 

"That kid." Jimin muttered. "Aish!"

"What happened?" Yoongi yawned as he scratched his head. "Why are you so upset?"

"Hyung why am I stupid?" Jimin blurted. "I'm the stupidest person there is!"

"You're not—“

"Stupid?"

"The stupidest." Yoongi chuckled, earning a glare from the younger boy. "Taehyung pretty much has that title hogged up to himself."

"I heard that!" A yell broke from the door and Yoongi grinned. "It was meant to be a compliment!"

"Yeah right!" Taehyung yelled back, sarcasm filling his tone.

Yoongi let out a chortle before turning towards him, "What did you do, exactly?"

Jimin puffed his cheeks, thinking: Where do I start? 

Ever since he had met you, Jimin had been a complete mess. The usual smooth and composed Park Jimin disintegrated to dust the moment you were near and it drove him crazy how he couldn't do something without completely embarrassing himself in front of you. 

Jimin couldn't understand what the problem was. Sure, you were pretty.

Gods. So pretty pretty pretty, he thought. 

You were part of the new staff at BigHit, working as an intern under one of the higher ranked officers in the company. Jimin wished you worked with them so that he could see you not just in the office but everyday and anywhere since if you worked with them, that would mean you'd be with them everywhere: shows, outings, interviews...

But at the same time, Jimin was thankful you weren't. Because embarrassing himself in front of you was frustrating enough. He didn't need his fans or the whole world to see it too. 

Y/N, he thought; your name sending a variety of thoughts and emotions ranging from sugar, spice and everything nice. Every time he saw you, his heart quickens its pace, his palms sweat, and his mind goes blank; and he becomes a vegetable, unmoving and unfeeling towards his surroundings. It's like time stops every time he catches sight of you and it's only you... Nothing else mattered. 

Jimin almost laughed at himself for being a lovesick fool. 

A pitiful, love sick fool. He emphasized. He was new to all of this and never has a girl made him feel this way. In fact, Hoseok had to explain to him what he was feeling every time he saw you and that just proves how naive and innocent he was.

"You have a crush, Jimin-ah." Hoseok explained to him.

"What? A crush? On Y/N?" He asked in disbelief, the mention of your name already kick starting a marching parade in his chest. 

What the hell is this? He thought as his heart began to beat rapidly the more he thought about you.

Hoseok chuckled as he placed his arm over his shoulders. "You like her. That's why this little fellow over here," he pointed to his left chest. "Can't keep still. And this," he pointed at his forehead. "Can't function right."

Jimin blinked as his words sunk to his thoughts. Did he really have a crush on you? "Oh."

"Yeah," Hoseok chortled. "Oh."

"What do I do?" He asked.

"What do you think you should do?"

"Hyung," Jimin huffed as he rolled his eyes. "If I knew, I wouldn't have asked you."

"Have you tried talking to her?"

Jimin bit his lip as he remembered. "Yeah, I have." He said then thought of how he completely spoke to you in another language; somewhere in between gibberish and alien talk. 

"Then you already made a move—“

"Not a very good one!" He whined.

"What do you mean?"

"Hyung, I couldn't even speak to her without saying something embarrassing!"

Hoseok stared at him, trying to keep the smile from his face. It was pretty difficult, considering that he had a naturally smiling face. "What happened?"

"I think I spoke in another language." He admitted and Hoseok laughed. Jimin gave him an incredulous glance, "What the—hyung! It's not funny!"

"I'm sorry." He said as he tried to catch his breath. "What did you say exactly?"

"I wish I knew." Jimin groaned and covered his face in his hands as Hoseok laughed once more thinking how his dongsaeng got it bad. He patted his back before giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze, "It's alright, Jimin-ah. We all have that one person that drives us crazy."

"Yeah? You had one too?"

"First love never dies." He sang. "The first crushes, the first girl we ever like, they're really special." Hoseok said, a dream-like haze coating his words. "They make us do stuff we never thought was possible. And they make our emotions jumble and as complicated as a jigsaw puzzle." Hoseok looked at him and ruffled his hair. "So don't sweat it, kid. We've all been there."

"Thanks hyung." Jimin said just as he got called to the practice room. Hoseok watched him go, thinking amusedly to himself...

Jiminie is growing up. 

~~~

Yoongi was laughing when Jimin told him what happened. 

"Not funny, hyung." Jimin said as he crossed his arms, watching his hyung laugh at him like a hyena. "Yah!"

"Mianhe! Mianhe!" Yoongi said, holding his hands up before wiping a tear from the corner of his eyes and catching his breath. "You really did—“

"Sure did." Taehyung waltzed into the room, wearing those short shorts he loved so much as he plopped himself onto Jimin's bed. "Walked straight towards it!"

"Did it hurt? Yoongi asked with a grin, earning a glare from the younger boy. "Hyung, it was glass. I walked right into it! What do you think?"

"Ouch." Taehyung commented, snickering as he played with his phone. He suddenly looked up at Yoongi and added, "You should've seen his face! He looked like his brain shook from the impact—“ a pillow suddenly made its way onto his face, making him stop in mid-sentence. "Yah! Kim Taehyung!"

"What?" He feigned innocence though a smirk graced his lips. 

"I'm not the only one prone to idiotic tendencies." Jimin challenged, smugly.

Taehyung smiled, "True. But people love me for it." He stuck out his tongue. "I make it look attractive."

"How is an idiot attractive?"

"When it's Kim Taehyung." He said proudly, jumping off the bed before Jimin could throw another pillow his way. "Get outta here!"

Taehyung left chuckling, finding his band mate to be absolutely adorable in his lovesick state. 

"What do I do, hyung?" Jimin pleaded, looking up to Yoongi as if he had all the answers. 

Yoongi sighed as he placed a hand on his shoulder, "There's nothing we can do child." He said, mocking the voice of a Kung Fu master. "The damage has been done—“

"Hyung!!!" Jimin glared at him as Yoongi gave him another grin. "You're really not helping at all!"

Jimin stood from the bed and made his way out, passing by Hoseok. "Hey Jiminie—“

"GAHH!" He screamed as he walked away, and Hoseok watched him go with a shocked expression. He blinked and looked at Yoongi, "What's with him?"

Yoongi chuckled amusedly as he wore his eye mask. "Girl problems. Jiminie's in love."

"I thought it was only a crush." Hoseok chuckled, crossing his arms.


"Nah." Yoongi said as he lay back down on the bed. "He's definitely hear over heels for her."

~~~

It was early the evening and Bangtan was practicing as usual, perfecting their newest choreography. The boys were all focused, sweating, and attacking each movement with so much vigor that after the routine, they were panting as if they ran a marathon... Six times. 

"Whew!!" Namjoon yelled he collapsed on the floor. "Why is our dance so hard?"

"I was thinking the same thing." Yoongi said as he sat down on the floor, leaning his back againt the wall.

"Hyung, I wanna sleep." Taehyung muttered as he lay on Jin's lap. At normal circumstances, Jin would've pushed him away but he was too tired to even do so.

Jimin panted, walking aimlessly around the room to let his heart rate down. "Yah, hyung!" Jungkook called from across the room. "Can you get me some water?"

"Get it yourself." Jimin smirked and Jungkook pouted at him. "Puh-lease..." 

Jimin looked at him incredulously, "Ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter