More than Words (Rap Monster, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry to keep you guys waiting... been busy these past few days :( Anyway, here you go and I hope you like it <3

OC- Seohyun

 

To Seohyun, there were three stages in liking someone.

 

First stage: Recognition. This is when you actually realize that you have a liking for a certain someone. Seohyun realized her liking for her best friend when she started feeling butterflies in her stomach whenever he was near. There was also the palm sweating, the heart racing, and the “I can’t stop thinking about you” thing, which almost drove her to insanity.

 

Second stage: Denial. This is when things get tricky and confusing. Most people stay on this stage for long periods of time and some, don’t even get through this phase at all. Seohyung stayed on this stage for quite some time; constantly telling herself that she didn’t like him at all. There was no way that she liked the boy whom she practically knew by heart… whom she grew up with and witnessed every single success, failure and embarrassment he had went through.

 

Third Stage: Acceptance. But she did. She actually liked her best friend.

 

Seohyun sighed as she tapped her pencil against the table, the teacher’s lecture practically passing through her ears without her comprehending a single thing. Taking a deep breath, she dared to take a peak, angling her body to her left so that she could see him: Namjoon, who was sitting two seats behind her.

 

He was busily taking down notes just like the good student he is; his face contorted in concentration. Seohyun wondered whatever did she see in him. Could it be his new hair which he dyed blonde recently? Seohyun sighed, knowing that that wasn’t it.


There was something different about Kim Namjoon and she couldn’t seem to pinpoint exactly what it was. All she knew was that whatever that is made her like him is driving her insane.

 

As if sensing her stare, Namjoon looked up but before he could even meet her eyes, Seohyun had already turned around, letting her eyes drop to her table, pretending to be busy in writing notes. Namjoon shrugged and went back to writing as Seohyun sighed deeply, scribbling a reminder in her cursive handwriting:

 

Stage Four: Forgetting…

 

 

~~~

 

“Seohyun!”

 

Seohyun smiled at the sound of the voice and when she turned, her smile brightened even more when she saw one of her close friends, Lee Kim, walking towards her. She waved at her and she waved back, saying and gesturing at the same time. “Hey Seohyun! How are you?”

 

Okay. She gave her a thumbs-up. Seohyun and Kim went way back in middle school, back when she was taking summer classes for sign language. Kim’s mother was a mute and she opted to learn sign language so she could better communicate with her. They took the course together with her own mother. Namjoon joined them sometimes but he was too busy with his rapping and music writing to regularly come to the classes.

 

What’s up? Seohyun asked.

 

“Not much.” She shrugged. “I just saw you and thought I’d say hi.”

 

How’s your mom?

 

“She’s good. Same old same old.” She shrugged with a smile. “She’s putting up a new business soon. A flower shop, I think.” She said. “Hey, before I forget. I have tickets to the upcoming Fair concert.”

 

Oh.., Seohyun thought.

 

“Aren’t you coming?” Kim asked with a frown. “I thought Namjoon was one of the finalist for the rapping competition—“

 

He is, she gestured. I’m just—

 

“Well I have an extra ticket so I’m doing him a favor of not having to pay for you.” She chuckled. “I’ll drop it off tomorrow, okay?” a sudden ringing sounded and Kim brought out her phone to look, her eyes widening in the process. “Yikes! Late for class.” She ed her phone in he pocket before giving her a warm smile. “I’ll call you, okay?”

 

Before Seohyun could protest, Kim had already run of in light speed, trying to catch the bell.

 

 

 

It was late in the afternoon when Seohyun decided to go the studio to talk to Namjoon. She had been thinking the whole day and decided that the only way for her to get over this little crush is if she actually told him how she felt.

 

Seohyun had no idea where her sudden bravery to tell him came from as she made her way to the studio. But once she was at the door, she found herself hesitating; her hand inches from the door, unable to knock.

 

What am I doing? She thought just when she heard a familiar laugh. And—

 

Seohyun held the knob and turned it, surprised to find it unlocked.

 

Yoongi must be out, she thought as she let herself in. She heard the laugh again and she was sure that it was Namjoon’s from how low it sounded. But who was the—?

 

A few more steps and she was standing in front of the door of Namjoon’s booth, the place where he usually worked on his tracks. The door was was left ajar and she could heart the faint sounds of laughter; Namjoon’s and a—

 

She pushed the door a little to take a good look and the sight made her heart wrench.

 

Namjoon was sitting on his usual seat, his side facing her, as a girl sat across from him, smiling and giggling. The girl being: Lee Kim.

 

Seohyun couldn’t understand what she was feeling as she watched two of her friends immersed in a conversation. She shouldn’t even be feeling like this—like she was just jealous or something. But the moment Kim leaned in and whispered something to him, a smile gracing her lips as she placed a hand on her arm, while Namjoon smiled, chuckling at the message she told him; she knew. The sight seemed almost too intimate and Seohyun wasn’t stupid not to figure it out.

 

She was the girl he liked…

 

Namjoon liked her friend Kim.

 

Seohyun stepped back, preparing to leave, just when she heard the door to the studio opening, followed by a beautiful voice singing a tune. She turned around and bumped into a beautiful boy with black hair and doe-like eyes, which was wide open in surprise.

 

“Mianhe.” He bowed and Seohyun saw how young he looked. He’s probably a first year student, she thought. She bowed giving him a small smile.

 

“Are you Namjoon-hyung’s friend?” he asked, tilting his head to the side. Seohyun remained still wanting to tell him to keep quiet.

 

“Yeah, it’s you.” He smiled, nodding his head at the recognition. “I saw your picture on his phone.” He added, just when a voice yelled, “Yah! Jungkook! Is that you?”

 

Jungkook looked up and yelled back, “Yeah, hyung! I was just talking—“ Seohyun covered his mouth with her hand, gesturing for him to shut up. She placed a finger on his lips, shaking her head strenuously. She was glad that Jungkook was smart enough to understand as he slowly nodded his head. Releasing her hold, she went straight for the door before Namjoon found out that she was here.

 

“Noona!” he hissed and Seohyun grimaced, turning around with her finger on her lips.

 

Shh!, she gestured.

 

Jungkook frowned, “Aren’t you gonna—?” he hooked his thumb towards the door to the booth and Seohyun sighed, shaking her head. She left before Jungkook could ask any more questions.

 

 

~~~

Seohyun wanted nothing more but to go straight home, lock herself in her room, and hide under the covers. As she was walking down the streets, tears kept falling from her eyes and she hated herself for it; hated herself for acting like some girl in a K drama.

Oh god, she groaned. I’m THAT girl.


Upon turning right to the next street, she sighed, glad that she was finally home. She entered the house, closing the door and running up the stairs.

“Seohyun?” her mother called and she winced, knowing that she would have to face her. “Is that you, honey?”

Seohyun tried her best to wipe the tears from her face, making herself not look like she had been crying. Her mom entered from the dining doorway, smiling up at her. “Hey honey.” she said and Seohyun nodded, biting her lip as she gestured her forefinger upward towards her room.

“You’re not going to have dinner?” she asked but before she could get a reply, Seohyun had already climbed up the stairs and into her bedroom; the door closing echoing through the house.

~~~

Sigh.

Seohyun let out a deep sigh as she stared at the stars stuck on the ceiling of her bedroom. She remembered how it was Namjoon’s idea to put it there…

Flashback

“Here.” He said as he gave her a small box tied with a blue ribbon. Seohyun looked at him questioningly as she took the box from him. Untying the ribbon, she wondered what it was. Once the ribbon was undone, she opened the box and found several stars in different shapes and sizes. She took one of it, discovering that it was made from plastic.

“It glows in the dark, see?” He said as he took the star from her, cupping it in his palms. Seohyun leaned to look and found the star glowing. She smiled at the sight.

“I knew you were upset because the school trip got cancelled.” He said as he placed the star back into the box. “And I knew how excited you were to go stargazing in the hillside but—“ he took the box from her and shook it with a cute grin. “Consider this as an alternative.”

Seohyun took the box from him and smiled, appreciating the gesture. To others, Namjoon may seem a little aloof and cold but in truth he’s actually pretty sweet and thoughtful. She grabbed her phone from her pocket and typed a message:

Thank you :)

Namjoon chuckled as he ruffled her hair affectionately. “You’re welcome.”

End of Flashback

 



Seohyun covered her eyes with her arm just when the door opened, revealing her mom with a glass of milk and a plate of cookies. “Hey, sweetie.”

Seohyun remained still, not wanting her mom to see her upset state.

“Honey?” she asked as she placed the food on her study table. “Are you okay?”

Seohyun sighed and nodded, her arm still covering her eyes. “I know you’re not,” her mom said, sitting on the edge of her bed. “Do you want to talk about it?”

Talk… Seohyun scoffed as she lifted herself from the bed and going towards the window. She crossed her arms, huffing.

Her mom sighed, “Hey, Seohyun. Talk to me—“

She whirled around, surprising her mom as tears streamed down her face.

Talk? You want me to talk? I want that too, mom! But I can’t!!! , she gestured. Her mother looked at her with wide eyes and gest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter