More than Words (Rap Monster, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Seohyun

 

Different.

There was something different about the way he looks…

Or walks…

Or talks…

Or… blinks?

Seohyun couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was but there was something different about Kim Namjoon.

She couldn’t understand why all of a sudden her heart starts to race whenever he’s near or the way her palms starts to sweat when he asks her a question; no matter how stupid it was.

“Hey can I borrow a pen?”

BOOM. Her heart drums in her chest as she shakily hands him the pen she was using. “Do you have an extra?” he asked and Seohyun nodded meekly, feeling as if her heart might burst from the concern he showed.

He smiled once again before going back to his paper and Seohyun exhaled, releasing the breath she was unconsciously holding. She closed her eyes and wondered when this weird feeling even started…

Flashback

“Seohyun!”

Seohyun turned at the call, her eyes landing on figure running towards her, looking as if he had just woken up; considering the way his polo was ed, his hair sticking up on one side, and one of his shoe laces untied. Seohyun sighed, shaking her head slightly as her best friend, Kim Namjoon, made his way to her with a lazy smile. “Hey. Good morning.”

Seohyun sighed again as she placed her bag on her other shoulder, before pulling on his collar and buttoning his shirt.

“I woke up late.” Namjoon said, making her smirk. “I was writing this new track last night and I’m almost done!” she moved on to his hair next, and tried to pat it down. “I swear this is my best work yet! I think I’m going to use this for my audition—“


Seohyun nodded as her best friend continued to blabber on about the song and the auditions. She was just about to kneel down to tie his shoes when Namjoon held both of her arms to stop her. “Yah.” He frowned. “I’m not a kid, I can tie it myself. Are you my omma??”

Seohyun crossed her arms and glared at him. Seeing her stare, he gulped and shook his head. “No mam.”

She smirked and motioned for him to tie his shoes. Namjoon obliged but kept talking. “This is the one, hyunnie.” He grinned. “I can feel it. I’m on my way there.”

You are…. Seohyun smiled, having every bit of trust in his statement. She knew he was going to make it in the auditions. He was going to kill it and he was going to be famous. Namjoon grunted as he pulled himself up to face her, smiling that familiar smile. “Well? Come on! I don’t want to be late!”

He grabbed her wrist and started pulling her forward towards their school.
 

~~~

Seohyun bit on her nail as she waited outside the auditorium. She was supposed to be walking home by now, considering that classes have been done for almost an hour now. But Namjoon made her promise that she would stay until he finished his auditions. She was leaning by the wall, watching the sun hanging low in the sky by the hallway’s window. She always loved sunsets; in fact, she found it more beautiful than the sunrise. Sure, sunrises meant hope and new beginnings but sunsets were like doors that opened to mysterious places… you never knew what the night could bring—

The metal doors suddenly busted open and Seohyun jumped, catching Namjoon standing in front of the doors with a far away look in his eyes.

Oh no…

She approached him slowly, before reaching out to pat his shoulder. Namjoon looked down at her and Seohyun swallowed, her heart wrenching at his expressionless face. She knew him long enough—well enough— to know that he was upset about something; which only means one thing:

 

He didn’t make it.

H—how was it?... She asked gesturing her head towards the auditorium. Namjoon looked down on the floor and Seohyun almost wanted to bust into the room and demand why he didn’t make it. He was an amazing rapper and his music was brilliant—

Namjoon handed her a piece of white paper and Seohyun took it and read:

Congratulations! See you on the next round. You’re officially part of the final list of contenders.

Seohyun’s eyes widened and as she looked up at him, Namjoon was trying to suppress a grin. “So… I made it—“ before he could finish, Seohyun had jumped into his arms, hugging him tight. Namjoon chuckled at her enthusiasm, lifting her off the floor and spinning her around.

Once he placed her down, Seohyun raised her fist and Namjoon bumped it with his. “This is it, Hyunnie! I’m going to the finals!” he jumped as he punched the air, doing a little crazy dance. Seohyun could only laugh and stare at him, screaming and cheering for him inwardly,

“I have to go and tell the guys.” He said, looking excited and panicked at the same time. “Sh*t! I have to work on a new track!”

Seohyun smiled and gave him a thumbs up. Namjoon turned away but suddenly came back, giving her a concerned gaze. “Can you make it home alone? I can walk you—“

She snorted, waving her hand and telling him to go on. I can walk on my own just fine…

Namjoon smiled and briskly walked towards her, then leaning down to give her cheek a kiss. “Thanks, Seohyun. You’re the best!”

He ran down the hallway yelling, “Walk safely! Don’t trip!” before finally opening the doors at the end of the hall and disappearing from sight.

The doors created a loud echo as Seohyun stood there paralyzed, her hand on her cheek, and her heart feeling as if would jump out of her chest.



End of flashback
~~~

Seohyun was at the library Friday morning, reading a book for her English assignment when her phone vibrated, causing a tickling buzz in her pocket. 

She sighed, rubbing her eyes as words swirled in her line of vision. Yawning, she reached for her phone and saw a text from Namjoon. 

N: You know there is such a thing as rest.

Seohyun smiled, her insides feeling warm and fuzzy. The moment she realized what she just felt, she frowned; thinking how weird and awkward it all was. 

S: And there's such a thing as not wanting to fail in class so I have to study my off.

She smirked as she hit send, knowing it was a good comeback. 

N: Suit yourself. But just a heads up, you're looking like a zombie over there. 

Seohyun scrunched her eyebrows and looked up, her eyes wandering around in search for him. 

S: where are you?

Before she could hit send, a pair of hands covered her eyes making her gasp. 

"I'm right here." A deep voice whispered and she shivered as she felt his hot breath near her ear. She covered his hand with hers with the intention to remove it, but wished she hadn't when she felt an undeniable shock as their hands made contact. 

Namjoon took off his hands and pulled up a seat beside her. "Yo."

She nodded and returned to her reading, acting like she was busy. 

"Are you busy later?" He asked, leaning his chin on his palm as he stared at her. Seohyun tried to ignore the effect he had on her with him sitting so closely. She groaned inwardly as he leaned closer, trying to catch her eye and distract her from reading. 

I hate this, she thought. Why can't things go back to the way they were before?! 

Seohyun glanced at him and Namjoon smiled victoriously. Her heart raced at the sight and she though of how much she wanted for this nightmare to end. This whole heart racing thing is getting tiring and she wished her palms weren't always so sweaty or her head feeling dizzy with thoughts she shouldn't be thinking of about her best friend.

"Seohyun~" he cooed as he poked her arm. "Yah. Don't ignore me."

She huffed when he wouldn't stop relentlessly poking her. Seohyun grunted as she closed her book shut, putting it down on the table with a loud bang. 

"Shhh!!!" The librarian hissed, glaring their way. Seohyun blushed in embarrassment, sinking deep into her seat as if she could make herself disappear. 

The moment the librarian looked away, Namjoon started to chuckle. Seohyun looked at him incredulously and gestured, Wae?  Why are you laughing?!

Namjoon grinned, trying not to burst out laughing. "You looked like you just got caught farting." 

Seohyun glared at him, punching his arm hard. "Ow!" He hissed. "What?!"

She rolled her eyes as she went back to her reading. Despite her weird feelings recently, he still annoyed her like crazy. At least that didn't change, she thought.

"Yah… Hyunnie~" he said as he nudged her. "Mianhe, I was just kidding." 

Seohyun moved her body sideways, turning from him. 

"I hate it when you give me the silent treatment." 

Seohyun rolled her eyes at the irony of his statement and Namjoon saw her shoulder slump, practically feeling her change in demeanor. He knew he crossed the line. 

"Seohyun." He said, trying to coax her to turn around. "I'm sorry, I don't mean it like that—“

Seohyun turned to face him with an expressionless face, pursing her lips as she waved her hand at him.

It's fine...

Namjoon sighed, "It's not fine." He pressed, tugging at her arm. "Hey, look at me."

She looked up and when their eyes met, she felt her heart race in her chest, making it almost hard to breathe. How does he do that?!, she thought.

"I'm sorry." He said sincerely. "I—“

Seohyun gave him a smile and a thumbs-up. Namjoon sighed and bumped her chin lightly. "I hate how nice you are— Ow!!!"

A loud thud sounded and Seohyun smirked as she watched him hold his foot from under the table. He looked at her incredulously and Seohyun gave him an innocent smile.

You were saying?

"I take it back." He huffed as he placed his foot back down, wincing. "So are you busy?"

Seohyun shrugged giving him a questioning gaze. 

"I want to let you hear the track I'm working on for the final round." He said excitedly. "Can you come to the studio later after class?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter