After All (Jungkook, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sequel to Prince Charming & Love is Easy

(so it would be best if you read these two scenarios first before diving into this one.. )

OC- Sera

 

Love moves in mysterious ways.

Sera stood in front of the mirror, marveling at her reflection. She was wearing a beautiful white gown with a portrait neckline, a fitted bodice that hugged her small waist, with a full skirt in which the hems are powdered with sparkles; as if she had walked the skies at night. Her hair was styled with intricate curls and beads of sparkly stones; and her make up was natural yet made her face glow. 

I look like a princess, she thought.

Just like he said. 

"Sera?" She turned around and saw her dad by the door, looking neat in a tux. By the small smile he threw her way, she knew it was time. Sera nodded as she hooked her hand on his arm and let him walk her out the room. They stopped in front of the double doors where her future was waiting on the other side. 


"Are you ready, honey?" He asked and she nodded. 

The moment the doors opened, everyone turned quiet, their eyes focusing on the beatiful bride about to walk down the aisle. Sera skimmed through their bright eyes and incandescent smiles before her eyes zeroed in on the man standing at the end of the aisle, looking dashing in black tux, his hair neatly swept to the side, and a bright smile gracing his lips. She took a deep breath as the wedding march sounded, signaling her cue to walk down the aisle. 

This is it, she thought as she mustered up a sweet smile and started to walk, her eyes unwavering from the man of her dreams. 

The man of her dreams…

Every step she took felt like deadweight; her trail feeling like chains pulling her down. She had dreamt about this moment all her life but why does it feel so...?

As she walked, her eyes roamed the place, using her peripherals as her tools. She didn't know if it was the answer to her question, but she kept looking anyway. 

She had reached the altar, taking the hand of her soon-to-be-husband with a smile. He was the man she had known most of her life, the man who had been with her for the past few years.

But...

Sera glanced to her left, her eyes landing on the seat right beside her parent's; the space next to the aisle, right at the front row; which she considered as the most important chair in the room and seated on by a very important person in her life...
 

But he wasn't there. 


~~~

2 weeks earlier


"Good morning ladies and gentleman. We have now landed in Seoul, Korea. The current time is 10:30 a.m. Please keep your seat belts fastened until the plane has come to a complete stop."

Sera scratched her eyes as the stewardess announced that the plane has finally landed. She looked out the window and discovered the weather to be sunny and fine. She sighed as she felt weight on her right shoulder, glancing to see Hoseok, her fiancé, leaning against her, still fast asleep. 

"Hoseok-ah." She murmured as she gently shook his shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes, turning his head to look up at her. "Morning." He smiled. 

"Morning." She smiled back as she pecked his nose. "We're here."

"Fantastic." He yawned, placing an arm across her shoulders. Sera sighed as she leaned against him, looking out the window and suddenly feeling a bit anxious. 

"Hey." He nudged her, giving her a concerned gaze. "You okay?"

She gave him an assuring nod. "Yeah," she huffed playfully. "It's just… it’s been a while."

Hoseok chuckled slightly, "Welcome back, then."

Sera gave him a small smile before gazing back at the window; an image submerging in her sub consciousness:

 

a sweet smile and warm brown eyes...



Yeah, she thought. Welcome back.

~~~


It's been seven years since Sera came back to Korea. After graduating high school, she immediately flew to America to pursue her university studies. That's where she met her fiancé, Hoseok. She met him on her last year of college and grew close to him, considering that they were both Koreans and practically had a lot in common like their love for art and music. They grew closer in the following years and soon Hoseok asked her to be her girlfriend and they became official. Sera worked as an art consultant; someone who helps people buy paintings or artworks while Hoseok was a composer. 

After two years of dating, he asked her to marry him and she happily accepted. And now here they were, back in Korea, two weeks from the big day. 

Sera never thought she would back here nor did she even think that she would get married at her home country. But Hoseok's parents had insisted on the ceremony to be done here, and her own parents were pretty much supportive, more like highly insistent, of the idea as well. Sera had no choice but to fly back home.

Not that she was completely against the idea but...

Snap out of it, Sera! she told herself as the car made a turn to a familiar street. Sera watched as they passed by the park, feeling a familiar flutter in her chest. Before she knew it, an image flashed before her eyes:

"I'm sorry" written on a blue note. 

"Jagiya." Sera heard a familiar voice and her heart beat rapidly in her chest. 

"Jagiya?" she blinked and the memory slipped, fading away somewhere in the back of her head. She snapped out of her daydream as she heard Hoseok's voice calling out to her again. "Hey, you okay? You were spacing out.” He said, looking concerned. 

"Yeah, just jet-lagged I guess."

Hoseok smiled sweetly, reaching out to hold her hand. His hand was big, completely enveloping hers in his. He lifted it to his lips and Sera let out a soft sigh as he kissed it. "I love you." He said.

Instead of replying, she pinched his nose and kissed his cheek.

~~~

"Jagiya!"

Sera woke to the sound of her fiance's call. They were staying at his house, which they had to themselves since his parents were at the province taking care of family business matters. 

Sera yawned as she stretched her arms above her head, glancing at the digital clock by the bedside table, which was blinking 8:16 AM. She sighed, not wanting to get out of bed. Their schedule yesterday was quite hectic since they had to go through some wedding details with the event coordinator. They had a whole schedule of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter