I'll Take Care of You (Kai, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up to the feeling of a brick being banged upon your head.

You groaned as you held your temple, feeling your whole body weaken as your head continues to throb. When you opened you're eyes to see whoever was knocking you on the head, you realized that hurting was something internal, not physical. 

You sat up, only to lie back down, groaning; your body having insufficient strength to pull yourself up.

You have to get up, Y/N. You told yourself. Soojin will be hungry.

Soojin was your one-year-old daughter and as you looked up the clock, you realized that you were more than an hour late than your usual waking time and your daughter must've been starving by now. As you slowly sat up from the bed, feeling your hand beside you, which was met by cold empty space. You sighed, knowing that your husband has probably left for work. 

You and Kim Jongin have been married for three years now and you couldn't ask for a better partner to spend the rest of your life with. He was loving, sweet, and caring; practically every woman's ideal man. And when Soojin came into your lives a year ago, he became everyone's ideal father as well.

The only downside to your marriage was his job. As much as you loved him being an idol and doing what he does best, it takes a lot of his time and because of this, he doesn't get to spend much time with you and your daughter. You knew he wanted to, but he also had to do his job to make a living. 

You sighed; wishing he was here now but you could only purse your lips, putting on a robe before making your way out of the bedroom.

Going straight to the nursery, you wondered why it seemed so quiet. Usually, your daughter wailed like crazy whenever she was hungry... so how come there was no sound coming from her room?

Could she still be asleep?, you thought as you opened the door; only to be welcomed by an empty crib.

The initial feeling was panic. It's most unlikely that your daughter would get up and walk to the kitchen to get some food. You scrunched your eyebrows, thinking that the only explanation left was—…You gasped at the idea hit you, leaving the room in a rush. 

You climbed down the stairs and found the living room empty. A creak sounded and you followed it towards the kitchen. Creeping up slowly, you peeked through the entry way, finding your daughter on her high chair... being fed by Jongin.

"Soojin-ah," Jongin cooed and you couldn't help but smile as he made funny faces towards your daughter, who was staring at him with a big smile. "Here comes the choo choo train!" 

You chuckled silently as you watch him feed Soojin, making all that funny faces you usually do whenever you feed her. The sight made your heart swell and you could've stayed there watching them for the whole day—

"Achooo!" You sneezed, immediately covering your mouth. 

"Omma!" Soojin yelled, making you wince; your head throbbing at the sound. You looked up, making you existence known and smiled at your daughter. "Annyeong Soojin-ah."

"Yah." You switched your gaze to your husband who was looking at you disapprovingly. "Why did you get up? I told you to stay in bed." 

"You did?" You asked, your voice hoarse.

 

“I left a note on my pillow…”

 

 "Must’ve fallen off.” You sighed, telling yourself to look for that note later on. “Hey, don't you have work?"

Jongin sighed as he wiped Soojin's mouth. "I'm not going to go to work when my wife's looking like the walking dead—“ He joked, but when you glared at him his eyes widened. "But you're the most beautiful walking dead though, honey."

"Nice save." You rolled your eyes. He smiled before putting the bowl down on the table and walking towards you.

"Stop!" You yelped, making him stop in his tracks. "What?"

"Don't come any closer." You said, backing a way. "I think I'm sick."

"No kidding." He smirked and continued to advance towards you.

"Yeobo, I'm serious." You said before sneezing. Jongin looked at you worriedly, "Y/N—“

"I don't want you or our daughter catching it." You sighed as you wiped your nose. "I'll be fine, Jongin. I'll go back to bed."

He sighed as he went back to Soojin, getting her bowl from the table. "I'll bring you some soup, okay?"

"Okay." 

"Love you." He added and you paused, a little surprised. Jongin wasn't the showy type and rarely said things like that. He had always been like that even when the two of you were dating. He was always shy when it came to matters of making his feelings known. 

"I—I love you too." You muttered and he gave you that sweet smile of his making your insides turn. You backed away, your cheeks burning; just like a teenager who just got asked out by her crush. 

You shook your head, amused at how he still had that effect on you, despite being married for three years now.

"Kim Jongin." You sighed and then sneezed.

Ugh.

~~~

Although Jongin was always out of the house, he wasn't completely clueless on how to take care of a baby. 

The term being: not completely.

There were times when he knew what to do (like how to make Soojin laugh or what types of games she loved to play) and others he simply had no idea (like how much milk powder to put into the bottle or how to make her stop wailing.) 

After spending more than half the day with her daughter, Jongin realized just how much he'd missed out. He was a good dad, sure. But he wasn't the best dad...and he wanted to be the best for Soojin. 

As he watched her playing on the living room floor, he smiled, seeing the resemblance of you in her. He saw how much she looked like you: with warm brown eyes, dark hair, and a sweet smile. Jongin couldn’t be happier for he wanted nothing more than to have her daughter looking as beautiful as his lovely wife. 

Jongin looked over to the hallway, his eyes skimming to the staircase, wondering how you were. He checks on you every hour, asking if you needed water or anything. He even fed you some soup when Soojin was taking her afternoon nap.

"Jongin-ah." You said. "You don't have to do this… I can eat on my—“

"Yes, I do." He said as he raised the spoon towards your lips. "Now eat."

You sighed, defeated, knowing that there was no arguing with him especially with that serious face on.

But deep down, you actually loved it. You loved the attention he was giving to you; loved the way he was so focused solely on you and you alone. With all the work he has been doing for the past year, you hardly had spent quality time together.

 

It's not that you were complaining. You were proud and supportive of his career a 110% and you simply loved seeing him do what he loved most… which is dancing and performing. 

But sometimes, it gets a little too much. 

Sometimes you wished you were a normal family, with him having a normal job like a businessman or a banker.  Actually, sometimes you just wished he'd be at home more often.

"I miss you." You blurted and Jongin looked up you questioningly. 

"What do you mean?"

You shrugged. "I just miss you." 

"But I'm right here—“

"Yeah. I wish you're always here." You said before lying back down, feeling yourself being taken over by sleep; leaving him hanging.

She misses me?, he wondered as he stared at your sleeping face. But I’m right here…

~~

Jongin sat on the couch, feeling confused as he thought about what you said. He also wanted to take care of you but as much as he does, he couldn't; simply because he had a responsibility of looking after Soojin.

A sudden crash sounde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter