Wedding Bells (Chanyeol, OC) PART 1/2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Yoonji

 

"Another round, Fred!" Chanyeol hollered at the person by the bar as he took one last swig at the beer bottle he was holding. 

"Hey man, are you sure you can take another?" the old man beside him asked, looking concerned. Chanyeol have had about five bottles of beer already and his line of vision was starting to blur, not to mention his sense of being. Everything sounded echo-y in his head and thoughts scattered in his mind, like a tornado just went through in there. 

"Here you go, kid." the bartender gave him another bottle and he immediately took it, taking a full swig. "Sh*t." 

"Rough night, eh?" the bartender smirked.

"You have no idea." A ringing sounded, making Chanyeol wince. It took a few minutes for him to realize that the sound was coming from his front pocket. His phone continued to ring and as he looked at the screen, he saw the last name he ever wanted to see.

Yoonji. 

Chanyeol's thumb hovered over the decline button but he couldn't bring himself to do so. He cursed himself as he reluctantly answered the call. 

"Hello?"

"Oppa!" Yoonji said, making Chanyeol wince once more. Not only because of his sensitive hearing at the moment but mainly because of the term of endearment. She shouldn’t be calling me that anymore, he thought. “Where the hell are you? I’ve been trying to reach you since forever!”

“I’m out.” He said, bitterly.

“Where are you?” she pressed. She was starting to get on his nerves.

“I’m out, can't you just leave me alone?” he yelled and ended the call. He ran a hand over his face, sighing heavily. Hearing her voice made him want to throw stuff around the room but at the same time it made his heart beat uncontrollably.

“Whoa. Girlfriend problems?” the man beside him asked.

“She’s not my girlfriend.” He muttered as he slammed his hand on the table, leaving some cash before standing up on his seat, exiting the bar.

She’s not my girlfriend, he thought. Stupid.

 

~~~

Earlier that day…

Chanyeol had been doing his regular work at the studio, which is technically arranging music and producing new songs for the company. He loved his job and he was one of the company’s best producers and composers.

As he was tuning his guitar, he heard his phone ring that familiar ringtone. He didn’t even look at the phone screen before answering it with a smile, “Yoonji-ah~”

“Chanyeol oppa,” Yoonji said. “Am I interrupting?”

“No, I was just tuning.” He said as he put his phone on loudspeaker so he could talk and tune at the same time. “What’s up?”

“Can we have lunch later?” she said. “There’s something I need to tell you.”

Chanyeol scrunched his eyebrows as he heard what she said. They had been friends for as long as he could remember and he knows when there’s something wrong just by the listening to the tone of her voice. “Sure. Is everything alright?”

“Everything’s fine.” She assured. “I just need to talk to you.”

“I didn’t know you missed me that much.” He teased.

“You wish.” He could almost feel her rolling her eyes at him and he chuckled. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

“Neh.” Chanyeol said before hanging up.

~~

Chanyeol went to down to the Chinese restaurant a few blocks down from the studio. It was Yoonji’s favorite place to eat, since she was a er for Chinese food. Chanyeol would always bring take-out whenever he would visit her at her apartment. They would watch a movie or play chess (yes, Chess) after dinner, which usually ended up in whining and pillow fights.

As Chanyeol walked into the restaurant, he immediately spotted her familiar profile. Yoonji was sitting at the far end of the room, reading the menu. He watched her for a moment, taking her in. He had never admitted it but he had always been in love with his best friend. Ever since they were in high school, Chanyeol had his eyes on her—only her. He loved the way her hair looked in the sun; he loved the way she laughs when he tells her jokes even though some of them were barely funny; and he loved the way her eyes seemed to see right through him. She was everything to him... but not to her. Yoonji never reciprocated his feelings, at least from what he had observed. He always felt like she treated him as a big brother, no more. This is the reason why he was so cautious of confessing to her. Aside from the fact that he could end up being rejected, which would be heartbreaking not to mention embarrassing; he also didn’t want to ruin what they have or jeopardize their friendship.

Yoonji looked up from her reading and once her eyes landed on Chanyeol, she smiled and waved him over. Chanyeol tried to keep his heartbeat in check, a habit he had acquired throught the years of being in love with his best friend in secret.

“Hey, don’t you have that thing memorized by now?” Chanyeol joked as he pointed at the menu in front of her.

Yoonji rolled her eyes as she stood up and gave him a hug. “Haha. Very funny, oppa.” Chanyeol hugged her back, taking in her scent and savoring the feel of her arms around him.  

“How are you?” Yoonji asked when they finally let go and went back to her seat. Chanyeol sat across from her giving her his goofy grin. “I’m good. A little hungry, though.”

“Then let’s eat first!” Yoonji cheered as she called the waitress ad gave their usual orders.

 

When they were towards the end of their meals, Yoonji suddenly opened, “So, about what I was talking about this morning.”

“Hmm?” Chanyeol wiped his mouth with the napkin. “Oh yeah, you were gong to tell me something?”

“Yeah,” Yoonji fidgeted in her seat and Chanyeol knew she only did that when she was nervous.

“What is it? Spit it out, Yoonji.”

“It’s about Minho.”

Chanyeol stared at her blankly. Minho was Yoonji’s current boyfriend. They had been dating for a while now and to his disappointment, the relationship was going smoothly. He knew it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter