Don't Forget (Jungkook, OC) Part 1

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

   

 

This request is for the recent Tumblr contest winner, kookie9792! :) 

OC- Kim Jenna



There are a lot of things that can make a person loose his or her sanity. There’s stress, depression, failure… 

Love.

For Jungkook, it was a single phone call. 

He was in the middle of his promotions in Japan when it happened. Everything was absolutely wonderful in

the duration of his visit. Bangtan was welcomed with open arms, with fans mobbing their concert events and

fan signing venues. Jungkook was ecstatic at the response they received but all the while, there was one thing

never left his mind; constantly floating in his sub consciousness.

It was the last night of their concert and it was a frenzy backstage as everyone got into their final preparations. The staff ran around the place: fixing their clothes, their hair, and their make-up; anything they could get their hands on. 

Jungkook was standing by the mirror, checking his reflection and fixing his mic when he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He took it out and his face lit up when he saw who was the name flashing on screen:

Calling: Kim Jenna

He was just about to answer when his manager came by, snatching the phone from his hands. “Hyung!” he whined.

His manager pointed towards the door, “You’re on in fifteen.” 

Jungkook pouted but his manager refused to be swayed and only gave him a light push towards the door. “You’ll get to call whoever you want after the show.”

Jungkook looked at his phone and sighed. He could’ve definitely used a good luck message or something. He stuck out his tongue, “Bite me.”

“Don’t goad me.” He chuckled and Jungkook sighed exaggeratedly as he left the room.

Once he got into place near the stage, he realized that he was actually the first one to get there and he mentally cursed his manager. He could’ve answered the call after all!

Jungkook sat at one of the speakers in the corner, and reached into his coat pocket, retrieving a slim silver band. He rolled it between his fingers, staring as it glinted against the stage lights, making it look almost magical. He sighed as thoughts of his girlfriend, Jenna, consumed him.

It’s been almost a year since he confessed to her up at that Ferris wheel. Jungkook chuckled at the thought. It was a funny memory, his confession. He remembered tripping over his words—and foot—practically embarrassing himself in front of her. He was lucky enough that she actually felt the same way despite his efforts to sway her like a smooth Casanova would. And ever since, Jenna has been that one person keeping him grounded… that one person keeping him sane through the craziness of his career. 

“Yah, Jungkook.” Jimin suddenly sat beside him, draping an arm across his shoulders. “Watcha got there?”

“Nothing.” He said as he returned the ring in his coat pocket. 

“Oh please, I’ve been staring at you stare at that ring for the past five minutes.”

“Oh wow.” He smirked. “You really are in love with me, hyung.”

“I can’t help it. You’re very good looking Jungkookie.” He joked as he punched his arm. “For Jenna?”

Jungkook nodded, making him grin. “Asking her to settle down already?”

Jungkook’s eyes widened, “What? Hyung!”

“What?! You have ring! What am I supposed to think?” He chuckled as he watched Jungkook’s embarrassed expression.

“What’s this I hear about settling down?” Taehyung interrupted and when he saw the look on Jungkook’s face he teased, “Why Kookie, are you tying the knot soon?”

“Nobody is settling down!” Jungkook yelled as a blush crept to his cheeks. 

Taehyung and Jimin only laughed at their dongsaeng’s discomfort, knowing well of how serious his relationship was with the girl. After a little more teasing, they moved over to the stage wings, getting into position. Jungkook sighed as he followed, retrieving the ring once again from his pocket.

“Wish me luck.” He said as he kissed it before putting it back firmly into his pocket and going onstage.

~~~

He ran.

Jungkook ran the moment he got off the van, going straight to the front desk, demanding where she was.

They had just landed in Korea half an hour ago and despite his hyung’s protests, Jungkook immediately hopped into the van to get to the hospital as fast as he could. He didn’t care if he was tired or that the fans were trying to mob him at the airport. All he could think about was Jenna and how he should be by her side right at this moment.

~
The call came in last night, while he was packing. His phone rang and to his surprise—and delight, Jenna’s name blinked on his screen. He grinned, his face lighting up like a Christmas tree as he answered, “Jagiya!” He chirped. “ I missed—“

“Jungkook.” 

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows as he heard an unfamiliar voice call his name. “J—Jenna?”

“It’s Yoona.” 

Jungkook frowned, wondering why on earth Jenna’s sister was calling him with her own phone, but bit his lip to keep himself from asking. “Noona,” he said and he heard her breathing get heavy as if she has been crying. Crying? “Noona, What’s—“

“It’s Jenna.” She said and Jungkook’s blood ran cold at her tone.

~


Jungkook burst into the room, surprising Yoona who was sitting by the bed, right beside a familiar form with long black hair.

Jungkook felt like his knees would give in as he stared at Jenna’s unmoving state; a wire injected on both her hands, one connected to dextrose, the other to a monitor, which was blinking monotonously in the background. He gulped as he went towards her, his steps cautious as if afraid of making a sound.

He stared down at her unmoving form, his breathing becoming uneven as he observed at her bruised face, a bandage covering her forehead.  

“She’s been going in and out of consciousness.” Yoona explained as he reached out to hold her hand. He sighed in relief when he felt that it was still warm.
“H—how?”

“Car accident.” She answered. “It was late and the rain was hard. She—“ Yoona paused and Jungkook looked at her, understanding the pain she’s currently going through. “Noona, it’s okay.”

She shook her head, a tear falling from her cheek. “It’s not okay, Jungkook.” She cried. “Her brain’s damaged badly and there’s a big chance that she—” She gasped, covering . “I’m afraid she won’t—Oh god.” She covered her face with her hands, leaning on her elbows.

Jungkook reached out his other hand to pat her shoulder comfortingly. “That won’t happen.” He assured. “Jenna’s strong and she loves you. She won’t forget. She wouldn’t.”

Yoona held his hand and gave him a small smile, before switching her gaze back to Jenna. Jungkook followed and frowned, afraid of the current situation. His heart felt heavy, like a ton of bricks was put up over it. He closed his eyes, saying a silent wish as he squeezed her hand lightly.

Please wake up, he thought.
And please remember me.

~~~

Sometimes your wishes come true, sometimes it doesn’t.

When Jenna awoke early the next morning, Jungkook knew he was one of the lucky ones to get his wish. He was so exited that he immediately left the dorm the moment Yoona called him with the news, not even bothering to have breakfast. He stopped by a flower shop, getting her favorite: Lilies, before going straight to the hospital.

The moment he stepped into the room, he felt like a ton was lifted off of his chest when he saw Jenna sitting up right, smiling and talking to her sister. Yoona glanced to her left when she heard the door opening. Her smile faltered when she realized that it was him who had walked in.

Jungkook was too submerged on the fact that Jenna was alive and okay that he didn’t even notice. All he wanted to do was run to her, wrap his arms around her, and never let go.

But the moment Jenna looked up at him, Jungkook stopped. Instead of her usual bright smile and playful gaze she showed him, she tilted her head to the side, questioningly. He felt his heart thundering in his chest as the love of his life stared back at him curiously, almost blankly…

As if she didn’t know him.


~~~

“Jenna, do you remember this?”

That has been Jungkook’s most used line in the past two weeks. He used it so often that it was beginning to sound like a broken record; almost like he was programmed to say it.

It’s been two weeks since Jenna woke up… Since they discovered that she was suffering from retrograde amnesia. It’s the type of amnesia where a person remembers things prior to the accident… much prior. This means she remembers her family, her friends from a few years ago…


But her most recent memories, the ones ranging a few years back, remained unknown to her.

And that includes Jungkook. 

“What is it?” She asked as she cautiously held the book Jungkook was handing to her.

“It’s our photo book.” He said, rubbing his nape shyly. “I like taking pictures and I often took shots of you—“

“I let you do that?” She asked, surprised and Jungkook nodded. “But I hate having my picture taken.”

At that, Jungkook frowned. She did, but she eventually liked it as their friendship progressed. Jenna eventually saw the act quite endearing.

Jungkook watched as she flipped through the pages. Their were hundred of shots of her and the two of them on dates, concerts, and outings. There were even a bunch of selcas of the two of them; their faces smiling and making the funniest facial expressions. 

Jungkook was smiling as she flipped through, memories flooding him at each photograph. But as he glanced at Jenna, his smile faltered. She didn’t have an expression at all, just casually flipping through the pages like it was a school textbook. 

Nonetheless, Jungkook didn’t give up. “Hey,” he said as he stopped her at one of the pages, showing a photograph of the two of them going to a school dance. “Remember this?”

Jenna stared at the photo, dumbfounded. She couldn’t understand how she had so many pictures. She hated having her pictures taken. Then there’s also the fact that there’s a guy beside her, claiming to be her boyfriend. She sighed as she felt her head throbbing, sudden flashes protruding in her sub consciousness.

“And this is when we went to Disneyland last year.” Jungkook pointed. “This was backstage during our comeback,”

“Jungkook—“ flashes of stage lights and screams echoed in her thoughts.

“This was our 6-month anniversary when I surprised you at school—“

“Jungk—“ she heard a voice, singing, though the words were muffled. She shook it of as she held her hands over her ears to stop herself from hearing it.

“And this was a few weeks ago before I—“

“JUNGKOOK!” She screamed and Jungkook jumped, his eyes widening when he saw her state: eyes closed, hands on her ears, breathing hard.

“Jenna!” He yelped as he tried to pry her hands from her ears. “Hey…”

“No! Don’t touch me!” She yelled as she moved away from him, almost forcefully. “I don’t know you!” 

Jungkook felt like his heart had bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter