Second Chances (J-Hope, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Finally get to update! Been busy with school had to study for some tests... :/ Anyway,

here's some Jhope fluff <3 


Nice.

Everyone knew you were nice, and kind, and just—good. You were the type of person who doesn't get mad or annoyed; your patience rarely wears thin, and you had a high tolerance for people who often tip other people off the edge. You were so nice that your friends jokingly named you as an angel fallen from heaven. You were the epitome of niceness; an archetype of a goddess of kindness…

But there was just something about Jung Hoseok that made you want to breathe fire and obliterate him from the phase of the earth in the most painful way possible.
 


“Why do you hate him so much?” Your friend Sehun asked one day as you were walking to your class after lunch.

“I don’t hate him—“

“Yes, you do.”

“I don’t.” You repeated, though the sarcasm was evident in your tone.

Sehun knew it too and he chuckled, "So you hate him so much it's difficult to explain?"

"Something like that--" you trailed as you spot your classroom. It was the second day of the new semester at your college and a day has officially passed since you've last seen him...seen you've last seen Jung Hoseok.

Seeing him yesterday came to be quite a shock and had literally made you choke on your own saliva. You started out the day right: woke up on time, had a good breakfast, and even had time to update your blog a bit before making your way to school, only to have your mood plummeting to the floor the moment you were face to face with--

"J-Hope." He said, reaching out his hand.

You stared at it, your hands turning slightly into fists.

"Uh..Y/N?" Your friend Kai asked as he nudged you. You looked up at him as he leaned his head to the right, motioning towards J-Hope's hand.

You looked back at J-Hope who was looking at you expectantly. You sighed and took his hand reluctantly. "Y/N."

He smiled and you removed your hand from his grip almost instantly, as if he had the virus. Kai gave you a funny look before turning back to J-Hope. "Uh, we were just going to grab some lunch, would you like to--"

"No!" You yelled, making the two boys jump in surprise. You stepped back shyly and gave them an apologetic gaze. "I mean, J-Hope--" you looked at him and saw the way his eyes brightened at the mention of his name coming out of your mouth, though you tried to ignore it. "Might have some other plans--"

"No I'm good." He smiled that beautiful smile of his and you wanted to wipe it off his face. The boy had the nerve to smile!, you scoffed inwardly. "Don't have any plans yet."


"Great, hyung!" Kai said as he clapped him on the shoulder before walking off. You remained glued to your place until Kai noticed that you weren't following. "Yah, Y/N-ah. Aren't you--?"

"I just remembered I had to do something." You lied.

"But you just said you were free for lunch a while ago--"

"I said I just remembered." You rolled your eyes.

"What do you have to do?" he challenged, crossing his arms with a smirk. He knew well that you don't have anything to do. It was the first day of school for crying out loud!

"I remembered I promised to help someone with--" you hit your lip. "Something."


"Something." He scoffed.

"Yes something and you know me--" you glanced at J-Hope and made sure that he caught the sarcasm in your tone as you said, "I always keep my promises."

And with that, you left; leaving two boys confused...the other a little hurt.

"What the hell is wrong with that girl?" Kai said as he watched you go, deliberately shaking his head in confusion, while J-Hope could only sigh.


~~~

You tried to avoid him as much as possible after that by purposely maneuvering around the halls whenever you spotted him or hiding yourself behind your books. It's not that you were afraid of him, you just didn't want him to find a way to get to you...to talk to you.

You smiled gratefully when classes ended yesterday as you were able to successfully avoid him. You planned on using the same strategy for today but it turns out, you weren't as lucky.

For as you were walking by the school's soccer field, using the pathway as a shortcut to the second building, a familiar form caught your eye by the bleachers. Before you could react, it was already too late. Because the person had already looked up and was staring right at you.

You gulped and tried to look as casual as your face could muster and tried to walk pass him as if you didn't notice him at all.

"Y/Nn."

You stopped dead in your tracks as the sound of your name. And it wasn't just any name; it was a nickname that only one person called you with.

You heard a creak followed by footsteps and as you turned around, he was standing a few feet away from you. "Y/Nn." He said again and you tried not to wince.

"Don't call me that."

"But it's your name."

"My name is Y/N, J-Hope."

He bit his lip as he placed his hands in his pockets, switching his weight to his opposite leg. "I--" he sighed. "You can call me by my real name..."

"You mean J-Hope's not your real name?" You raised your eyebrow at him. "Why are you hiding behind a fake name?"

He sighed in frustration, hating how stubborn and sarcastic you were being. "It's my stage name, Y/N."

"Ah." You nodded. "I see."

"Look, Y/Nn--" he called you by your nickname again as he stepped forward but like a dance, you stepped back automatically. J-Hope saw this and a frown graced his features. "I--"

Before he could speak, your phone suddenly rang and you wanted to thank whoever it was for being such a life saver. "Excuse me." You said as you answered.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Where are you?!" A frantic voice said which you recognized as your friend Sarah's. "Kai is bugging me about the homework and I told him to wait for you cause I--"

"I'm on my way." You said and hung up. You looked back at J-Hope who was standing there patiently waiting for you. "I have to go, Hoseok." You turned around and went on your way, not even bothering to say a goodbye nor did you wait for him to say it. You were a couple of steps away when you realized what you've just done...

"So you do know me."

You realized too late that you called him by his real name and you winced inwardly, ignoring his statement as if you didn't hear it; and continued to walk away.

~~~
The days went from weeks to a month with you avoiding and ignoring Hoseok as much as possible. Your friends noticed this and wondered why you acted so coldly around him. You never acted this way before and was always the friendly and approachable one.

Hoseok on the other hand, whom you still called J-Hope, channelled his frustrations a little differently by teasing you a lot and serving as your personal antagonizer.

"Y/N-ah." He called. You were quite relieved that he finally stopped calling you by your nickname.

"What?" You snapped as you looked up from your desk. "Can't you see I'm working?"

He pouted as you continued with your work, ignoring him completely. You felt something against your cheek and was surprised when you realized that he just poked you. "What are you doing?" You asked darkly.

"Grumpy." He teased with a grin, making you roll your eyes.

"Whatever."

"You heard about the exam later in History, right?"

"Hmm.."

"I'm so going to beat you."

"Good luck with that."

"Is that a challenge?" He asked slyly as he leaned on the backrest of the seat, leaning down to meet your eyes. You scoffed and looked up but wished you hadn't because you were now staring closely--deeply--into his warm brown eyes.

The two of you stared for a while and you remembered being in the same situation not so long ago. But before you could relieve those memories, sudden burst of laughters inside the room woke you up from the trance. "You know you can't." You boasted just as Sehun walked into the classroom, taking the seat next to you. "Hey Y/N, hey hyung." He said as he opened his book; immediately immersing himself in it.

"I can prove you wrong." Hoseok said.

"How?"

He smirked, "Because I'm better than you?"

"Nuh-uh."

"Yuh-uh."

"Nuh-uh!"

"Yuh-uh!"

"Guys!" Sehun slammed his palms against his text book looking at the two of you with an annoyed expression. "I'm trying to study! Can you take your bickering somewhere else?!"

"He started it!" You pointed.

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Gah!" Sehun yelled in frustration as he banged his head against his desk. "Are you guys being serious right now?!"

"What's going on?" A female voice asked and you recognized it to be Sarah's even without looking over at her nor breaking your stare with Hoseok. "Fighting again?"

"We don't fight." Hoseok said cooly.

"Then what do you do?" Sarah smirked as he tapped his head with a notebook. "Break it up. Class is starting."

You stuck your tongue out at him which he returned by making a face before walking out of your classroom.

Once he was out of earshot, you growled. "So annoying."

"Seriously, Y/N. What made hate him so much?"

"He's just..." you growled in frustration. "I just hate him."

"From the moment you met?" She raised her eyebrows questioningly. "Doesn't a person like have to do something bad towards you for you to start hating them?"

You only shrugged then sighed as you focused back to your studying, ignoring Sarah who huffed and went back to her seat; knowing well that this conversation was over and going nowhere.

If you only knew, you thought.

~~~

Flashback

 

“Nothing’s going to change, Y/Nn-ah. I’ll still be here.” You were sitting outside the convenience store downtown, eating an ice cream Hoseok just bought for you. It was late at night and he just go off from his dance practice. Hoseok was a friend who was more than a friend. He wasn’t your boyfriend but you did stuff girlfriends and boyfriends do. You hugged, you handheld, and even kissed a couple of times, but he never called you his girlfriend officially, so you never knew whether you should call him your boyfriend. It was a little confusing but you thought labeling it only complicates things and you decided to just go with the flow of your relationship.

 

“You’re getting busier by the second, Hoseok.” You said sadly as you finished your ice cream. “And soon I’ll be busy too once I go to college in next year.” You sighed. “What more once you debut? You might not have time for me—“

 

He suddenly grabbed your other hand, intertwining his fingers with yours. You looked at it and smiled, noticing how your hands perfectly fit each other. “That’s not going to happen, Y/N-ah.” He said as he lifted your chin up to face him. “I’ll always have time for you.”

 

You smiled and let him move his arm to envelope you in a warm embrace. You snuggled closer to him, your head resting by the crook of his neck as you mimicked the movement of his breathing. “Promise?” you whispered and felt the vibration in his chest as he chuckled. “I promise.”

 

But promises were always meant to be broken.

 

 

End of Flashback

~~~
Later that night, you decided to leave the university to buy some snacks. You had a couple of tests coming up and all the studying was draining your energy and you needed some brain food to keep you awake.

 

You took your car and drove to the nearest convenience store but decided to take a longer route since you didn’t want to get back to your studying yet. You didn’t know what possessed you but you found yourself going to a place you haven’t visited in a while... a place you swore never to set foot into again. And soon you found yourself parking by the curb of a familiar convenience store.

 

You stayed in the car, looking at the familiar structure as a series of memories consumed you. All of which involving one person:

 

Jung Hoseok.

 

You suddenly felt your heart racing in your chest and you willed yourself to move out of the vehicle. Get a grip, Y/N! It’s just a store…

 

You wondered why you didn’t just go to a different convenience store. There was one which was closer to the university and had more products to offer. But it was like you were being pulled in by some unknown force and you just had to go shopping here.

 

You entered the store and found it completely the same as to the last time you’ve been here. You immediately moved to the snacks aisle, grabbing some chips and a few candies. You also grabbed a Coke from the fridge before moving to the counter. After paying, you moved to one of the seats by the window and just sat and drank your Coke. You opened up your phone, browsing through your photo albums.

As you were scrolling through your camera roll, a picture caught your eye and as you tapped on it, the image enlarged and you felt yourself frown.

 

It was a photo taken a year ago, a selca of you and Hoseok. You were looking at the camera, your eyes lighting up and your lips smiling, as Hoseok looked at you with a dream-like expression. You always loved this photo and never had the courage to delete it unlike the other photographs you had of him. This was the only picture you had left of him—

 

A strawberry milk bar made it’s way onto your table, surprising you. It was your favorite candy and you scrunched your eyebrows in confusion before looking up at the giver. 

Standing beside you, wearing a black jacket over a gray shirt and dark jeans was Jung Hoseok.

“Hey.”

"Hey." You replied and then saw him switch his gaze to somewhere else. He was looking down at your hand, his expression turning into something sad as you saw his eyes drop and his mouth slightly open.  You looked down and realized that your phone was still open and the picture you had of the two of you was visible on the screen. You immediately clicked it off, ing the phone into your pocket almost hastily. “I—“ you looked at the candy. “What’s this for?”

He just shrugged, ignoring the incident. “It’s your favorite, right?”

You pushed the candy bar towards him, “I don’t want it.”

 He rolled his eyes, “You don’t want it because you don’t like it anymore? Or because I gave it to you?” 

You bit your lip and looked away. Hoseok pushed the candy bar back towards you. “Take it. It doesn’t have to mean anything.” 

“I wasn’t assuming it did.”

 

“Y/Nn-ah.”

 

“Don’t call me that.” You said almost harshly. “Don’t, please.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter