Love Hate (Jungkook, OC) Part 2

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Yun HanRae


"You're such a kid, you know that right?"

"I know, hyung."

"Only grade schoolers pick on their crushes."

"I--"

Jungkook sat at a beat box inside the music room. A place where his gang, BTS, had acquired to be their territory. Nobody went there except for themselves or if summoned. 

Jin, the oldest member, was leaning against the window, watching his dongsaeng with disappointment. He was the only one who knew about his liking for that HanRae girl. He wondered how the others never saw it when it was pretty obvious with the way he always liked to pick on her. Jin let him do his thing, thinking that he knew what he was doing. But by the looks on his face yesterday, it seemed that Jungkook himself didn't know that he actually liked Yun HanRae. 

"What you did was immature--"

"Hyung!" Jungkook said as he stood up from his seat. "I get it okay?! I'm screwed."

"You are." He pressed, earning a glare from Jungkook. "Why do you even pick on her so much? Why don't you just tell her you like her?"

"I--" Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know. I just...liked annoying her."

"Why, aren't you a weird one?" Jin smirked as he crossed his arms, watching his dongsaeng amusedly. 

"And I did tell her." He mumbled. "She wouldn't believe me."

"No sh*t." Jin rolled his eyes. "Even I wouldn't believe you if you told me the apocalypse was coming. Not after what you just did to me." 

Jungkook ran a hand over his face, frustrated. "Hyung, I made a mistake. I screwed up. I want to apologize but she wouldn't even look at me."

"Even I wouldn't look at you---"

"Hyung, you're not helping!"

Jin chuckled, "Mianhe. Look, just go to her house and apologize. That way she wouldn't have anywhere else to go."

"But—“ Jungkook was nervous at the mention of going to her house. He knew she lived with her mother and he doesn't want to get on her bad side. Well, he probably already was if HanRae already told her about him. 

"Now you’re chickening out?" Jin raised his eyebrow then sighed when he saw Jungkook looking like a lost puppy. No matter how stupid his dongsaeng was, he actually liked the kid and considered him as his own brother. "I'll go with you if it makes you feel any better." 

"Thanks, hyung." Jungkook gave him a weak smile. 

~~~

Jin and Jungkook followed HanRae by car that afternoon, with Jin driving. It was a long walk and Jungkook wondered how she could have done this every single day. He felt bad for her and hated himself more every step she took. No wonder she hated him so much. She had to walk this far and when she got to school, she had to deal with the likes of him...with his teasing and pranking. 

I hate me too, Jungkook thought sadly. 

Half an hour later, they arrived at her house and Jungkook took in everything he saw. 
Her house was pretty simple, a bungalow with white walls and a brown roof. The lawn was not landscaped and it seemed that the house was pretty old, considering the looks of the paint chipping off its exterior walls. 

"Go get her." Jin clapped him on the shoulder as he nudged him out the door. 

HanRae sighed as she looked for her keys in her bag. When the familiar cold metal touched her fingers she smiled and took it out before walking up to her front porch. She was about to the key into the hole when someone called, "HanRae."

She turned around and was surprised to see Jungkook standing there with a red box in hand. "Jungkook." she said, unable to believe that he was actually standing in her front porch. "What are you doing here?"

He handed her the box, "I came to say I'm sorry."

HanRae looked at the box then back at him, "How do I know it won’t explode in my face?"

Jungkook sighed heavily and untied the ribbon, opening the box’s lid and showing her the contents. It was a small white cake designed with flower frostings. "Peace offering." He said as he placed his hands in his pockets. "I ruined your cake yesterday and I'm sorry."

A gush of cold wind hit them and HanRae moved to open the door. She stepped inside her threshold and to Jungkook's surprise, she held the door open for him. "Come in. It's cold."

Jungkook looked at her, "Are you sure?"

"Unless you want to stay here and freeze to death; I don't mind, really."

Jungkook rolled his eyes before stepping inside the dark house. HanRae led him to the kitchen where he placed the box on the table as his eyes wandered around the room. He saw that there wasn't much stuff and there were still boxes lying around. Jungkook knew they just moved but he wondered why they hadn't completely settled when they've been here for several momnths already. HanRae moved to fridge to get a glass of water. They were silent all throughout but when HanRae finally gulped down her drink, Jungkook spoke. "HanRae."

She looked up at him, "Hmm?"

"I'm sorry." He said. "I didn't mean for that prank to go that far. I--" he sighed. "I was stupid and you have every right to hate me. I'm sorry." 

She looked at him and saw the sincerity in his eyes. The Jungkook currently standing in front of her was different from the annoying Jungkook she sees in school. He seemed quieter, even shy. She appreciated that he came all this way to apologize and it was hard for her to ignore it. "It's okay." she sighed as she placed the glass on the sink.

"It's not okay." He pressed. "Don't be nice to me. I'd rather you punch me or something."

At that HanRae chuckled and Jungkook's heart fluttered at the sight. "Pabo."

For you. He wanted to say. I'm a fool for you. "I am really sorry." He said again.

"I know." She said. "I mean I know you're saying the truth and I forgive you."

Jungkook took a step towards her and HanRae’s eyes widened when he went in a little too close. She should've pushed him away but she was captivated by his gaze; paralyzed on the spot. She thought how nice it was to be this close to him without him teasing or constantly annoying her. 

He leaned in and HanRae held her breath. "You know," he whispered. "I was also telling the truth when I said I--"

Hanrae heard the sound of a car's engine and she jumped. She knew that sound and it terrified her. 

Jungkook saw her change in her demeanor and scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. He glanced out the hall just as the engine stopped, insinuating the car coming to a complete stop. He glanced back at her and saw her wearing a horrified expression. "HanRae, what's--"

"You can't be here." She said and Jungkook stared at her terrified state, wondering what could possibly shake her up like this. He wanted to hug her, to protect her from whatever it was she was afraid of. "HanRae..." He reached for her but she pushed his chest slightly before grabbing his hand. She led him into the living room and opened a closet situated near the window. "Get in." She said as she pushed him inside. "And please don't come out no matter what happens."

She was about to let go but Jungkook tightened his grip on hers. "HanRae." He said sternly and she saw concern in his eyes. "What's going on? Why are you so afraid?" 

"I--" they heard a click and HanRae's heartbeat quickened. He can't see him, she thought. 

"Please, Jungkook." She whispered. "Promise me you won't come out."

"Not until you tell me."

"Please..." Jungkook saw the panic in her eyes and could practically feel her heart racing through her pulse in her wrist. He loosened his grip and nodded reluctantly. HanRae gave him a small smile before closing the closet door shut. 

Jungkook wasn't completely immersed in darkness as the closet doors had slits in which he could see from the inside. He heard footsteps and a male voice calling out to her. 

"Jagiya~"


Jagiya?, he thought as he followed a man wearing a black coat waltz into the living room. He couldn’t make up his face, only that he was tall and had black hair. He glanced back at HanRae who had a determined expression on her face.

"What do you want, Tan?"

"Aww..." He shook his head. "Is this how you say hello to your jagiya?" He pulled her by the waist and she gasped at the sudden closeness. "Where's my kiss?"

Jungkook saw HanRae struggling from his grip and knew immediately that something was wrong. He balled his hands into fists as the guy, Tan, moved closer to her face. "Did you miss me, Jagi?"

"What do you want?" She gritted her teeth. 

"Aside for wanting to see you?" He poked her nose and Jungkook glared at the gesture. "I'm actually here to collect the rent."

Who is he? Jungkook thought. And why is he calling her jagiya?

"Mom's not here." She pushed him away, forcefully and turned away. "So you can either leave and go to her workplace or come back tomorrow."

"Or..." Tan whirled her around and then pushed her up against the wall forcefully. HanRae winced at the impact and Jungkook slightly stood from his position, creating a low thud. Tan looked over to the closet door and HanRae’s heart quickened; afraid that he’d discover Jungkook hiding there. Jungkook held his breath for a few seconds before finally releasing it when Tan brought his attention back to HanRae.


She was now pinned on the wall opposite the closet, with Tan looming over her. Jungkook stared daggers at his back and he wanted to beat the guy up so badly. He scooted closer to the door, moving his feet slightly so that he could easily get out when things get worse.


"We can wait here and have a little fun.” He smirked as he leered at her. “Now that you've mentioned we’re alone, it gave me some ideas." He caressed her face before nuzzling his face on her neck and HanRae felt her tears fall. 

Upon seeing this, Jungkook seethed and was about to burst out of the closet and punch the guy so hard his face would barely be recognizable, when he met HanRae's eyes. It's like she knew what he was thinking and she widened her eyes and shook her head slightly, asking him to stay put. Jungkook was stubborn and he didn't give a damn about anything but looking at HanRae's pleading eyes, he couldn't seem to do what he wanted. He gritted his teeth, unable to do anything, as Tan's hand roamed her body while she stood there motionless. 

Why wouldn't she fight?!


Ring....

Tan stopped whatever he was doing to answer his phone. 

"Yeoboseyo?" He said. "Ah.. Hmm. Arasseo. I'll be right there." He closed his mouth shut before leaning into HanRae once again. "Sorry babe, but we'll have to continue next time." He kissed his thumb and placed it on her lips before leaving. Once she heard the door click, she released the breath she was holding, letting her tears fall and sinking to the floor. 

A few moments later, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she looked up to see Jungkook offering his handkerchief. She had almost forgotten that he was there. She sniffed and took the cloth from his hand to wipe her face. "Thank you." She said. "For staying put.

"Who was he?" He said darkly and HanRae shivered at his tone.

"He's the landowner's son. He’s also my ex—"

"Why do you let him do that to you?" He spat.

"I have no choice—“

He cursed under his breath and HanRae looked up at him wide-eyed. "Jungkook—“

"Where is he?! I'm gonna kill him." He seethed as he started towards the door. HanRae shot up from the floor and held onto his arm, stopping him. "Jungkook, don't. You can't get involved."

"He's assaulting you, HanRae!" He growled, still glaring at the door. She closed her eyes and tugged at his arm. "Please, Jungkook.” She pleaded, opening her eyes where a tear escaped. “Don't get involved."

Jungkook looked at her and his heart broke at the sight of her tear-filled eyes and fearful expression. He removed his arm from her grip, only to hold her hand tightly.  He cupped her cheek, wiping her tears with his thumb. HanRae leaned into his touch for a few moments before reality struck.

I can't drag him into this.

She stepped back, making Jungkook scrunch his eyebrows in confusion. "I think it's time for you to go."

"HanRae--"

"You've seen enough, Jungkook. So please." She said sadly. "I already forgave you but I meant what I said yesterday. Stay away from me." 

Jungkook’s heart sank when she let go of his hand. He stared at her, unblinking. "How do you expect me to stay away from you now?" He mumbled. 

"If what you said yesterday was true," she said. "Then you'll do this for me." 

Jungkook was at a loss for words as she watched her take another step back. Every single ounce of space she puts between them was agonizing. "Thank you for the cake." She gave him a small smile before turning away. 

Jungkook stood there for a moment before gathering up the courage to pull her back. HanRae was surprised when she felt herself being pulled backwards, her back crashing into his chest, and his arms wrapping tightly around her body. 

Jungkook hugged her tight from behind and Hanrae was too shocked to even react; her arms remaining limp at her sides. "Ask me to do anything. Anything at all." He whispered in her ear. "But don't ask me to stay away." 


HanRae closed her eyes and savored the feel of his arms around her. She couldn’t understand what it was she felt. Once upon a time, Jungkook was the jerk who teased and played pranks on her in school. But now… he was the one consoling her, giving her the hug she needed; saying the words she needed to hear.

He turned her around to face him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter