Echoes & Empty Promises (Chanyeol, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OC- Minhee

We have forever, she said. 

Chanyeol stared at the dining table where a single plate was set, with a cup of coffee and a single pair of utensils. He looked down at it and before he knew it a memory flashed before his eyes.

"Chanyeol-ah! Get down here! You're going to be late for work!" Minhee yelled as she took the egg from the frying pan.

Chanyeol bounded down the stairs, his polo ed, his tie undone, and one side of his hair sticking up. The moment he appeared in the kitchen, Minhee suppressed a chuckle as she looked at her boyfriend's state. She sighed as she placed the plate on the table, "Come here."

Chanyeol obediently went towards her and let her fix him up. "I don't understand. I swore I set my alarm last night."

"You said that yesterday." 

Chanyeol gave her a grin, "I swear I really did set it this time."

Minhee chuckled as he patted down his hair, "Whatever you say, honey." She was about to move away but Chanyeol held her waist, pulling her close. "No morning kiss?" He pouted. 

Minhee giggled at his cuteness and pecked his nose, "Good morning."

"Aish! That's not a kiss." He pouted and Minhee smiled at him teasingly. "Oh? I don't remember how that's not considered a morning kiss." 

"Do I need to refresh your memory, then?" He smirked before pressings his lips to her, capturing it in a sweet kiss. Minhee's laughter echoed in his ears.

Flash

Chanyeol shook his head and sat down to eat breakfast...alone. 

~~~

"I'll always be here for you," she said. 

Chanyeol was doing some cleaning in the living room when he accidentally pushed over a box sitting on the shelf as he was arranging the figurines situated there. The box fell with a loud thud on the floor, its contents spilling out. He stared at the mash of papers on the floor, but what caught his eye was a dark blue pocketbook and another memory flashed before his eyes. 


"Jagi! I'm home!" He hollered as he took off his coat and hung it in the rack. The house was quiet, showing no signs of any living presence. "Jagi?" He called again as he went deeper into the house, reaching the living room. 

He saw Minhee sitting in her favorite chair reading a book, completely oblivious to his presence as he went in to greet her.

"Minhee~" he called. 

No answer. 

"Oh Minhee~" he called again, this time receiving a curt nod from his girlfriend. 

Chanyeol huffed, approaching her and leant his arms on the arm chair, sighing exaggeratedly. "Minhee-ah~ Don't ignore me." 

"Hello Chanyeol." She said, still reading. "How was work?"

"Nothing new. Not much work at the studio--" he looked at her, awaiting her reply but Minhee only hummed. 

"I also fell of the stairs, broke my neck, and had a concussion." He said, testing if that would get her attention. 

"That sounds fun, Chanyeol."

"Yah!" Chanyeol yelled as he took the book from her hands. "Hey!" She protested. 

Chanyeol flipped through the pages with his eyebrows hunched together, "What's in this book that's more interesting than me?" 

Minhee chuckled, "Just give it back, honey. I'm at a really good part--"

Chanyeol saw her pout and he hated how he couldn't resist her. She always had the upper hand. "Get up," he said. 

"What?" Minhee looked at him questioningly. 


"Up...up!" He gently nudged her off her seat until she was standing in front of him. 

"What are you--" just then Chanyeol sat on her chair and patted his lap, "Now sit."

Minhee was confused at first but slowly smiled as she realized what he was trying to do. "Yah~ Park Chanyeol..." She sat on his lap and kissed his cheek. "Sorry for ignoring you."

Chanyeol encircled her in his arms, placing the book in front of them. "Well if you're so busy with this, might as well read with you." Minhee smiled and leaned back against him as Chanyeol placed his chin on her shoulder, looking over the book.

After a few minutes of silence, Minhee felt him take a sharp intake of breath. "No.."

Just to , Minhee closed the book and faked a yawn. "I'm sleepy, Yeol. Let's go to bed--"

"Wait!" Chanyeol yelped as he pried to book open from her fingers. "I need to know what's going to happen--"

Minhee chuckled, "Told you it was a good one."

Chanyeol shushed her before continuing to read. "But I still think I'm more interesting, Jagi." He muttered making Minhee giggle. "Of course your are." She rolled her eyes, earning a playful poke from Chanyeol and sending her in a fit of giggles.
 

Flash


Chanyeol dropped the book in his hand as her laughter echoed in his ears. He took a deep breath to calm his beating heart, covering his ears as her laughter continued to plague his head.

 

How long will it take to forget?, he thought. 

~~~


"Just sell the house, hyung." Kai, one of his co-workers at the studio, said. "Seriously, you're looking more and more like a corpse as the days pass. I mean, are you even getting any sleep?" 

Chanyeol sighed as he poked at his salad, loosing his appetite once again. "Of course I am." He lied. He didn't want his friend to know about his sleepless nights; about his nightmares coming in more frequently, waking him up in the middle of the night.

"I know it's hard, hyung--"

"What do you know about hard?" A voice interrupted and Chanyeol looked over to see another of his friends, Byun Baekhyun. "You hardly do work in here!"

Kai rolled his eyes, "As I was saying, you can't stop the pain if you won't forget--"

"And you can't forget if you won't leave that freakin' house which is the last place you should be in." Baekhyun finished. 

"Did you guys rehearse this or something?" Chaneyol joked but deep down, he knew his they were right. He should just leave the house. It was too big for him anyway; too big to be living in alone. But somehow he couldn't let it go. He could let go of the house he had bought for her...for Minhee. 


"Chanyeol where are you taking me??" Minhee said excitedly as sat in the passenger seat, wearing a blindfold. 

"I'm about to take you to your dreams~" Chanyeol cooed as he reached for her hand over the console. 

"Ugh... stop it with your greasiness and just tell me!" She was slightly jumping in her seat, smiling widely. 

Chanyeol had stopped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter