Still You (Jungkook, You)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"

It was 2 AM and everyone is probably tucked away in their beds, long gone and asleep by now but here you were having a staring contest with your boyfriend, Jungkook, as you let his words sink in:

"I think we should break up."

You your bottom lip as you thought of what your supposed to say, "You think we should break up?" Jungkook averted his gaze from yours and nodded. 

"Can I ask why?" The question scared you and you didn't think you'd want to know the answer, especially if it turns out that there's another girl in the picture. Because frankly, Jungkook and you never had much time for each other. Who knows? Maybe he's found another girl who understand his busy idol life...

"It's just that a lot of things are happening right now and I need to stay focused." he admitted. "I can't afford to be distracted--" The moment the words came out of his mouth, anger bubbled up inside of you. 

"Distraction." You scoffed. "I didn't know I was such a liability in your life, Jungkook." 

"Jagi--"

"Don't call me that." You snapped. "So all along I was just deadweight, huh? Excess baggage." You winced at the metaphor. "I was just holding you back...?"

When Jungkook stayed silent at your remark, the more angrier, not to mention hurt, you became. "I see..."

"I just think it's best for us--for everyone." He said. You hated how he didn't show emotion and how calm he was. It's as if he didn't care for you at all and that he was practically just stringing you along all those months you've been together. 

"Well I wouldn't want to be the one holding you back from being the 'golden maknae'." You finger-quoted sarcastically. 

"I'm sorry, Y/N." Jungkook mumbled with a frown; finally showing his first sign of emotions of the night. 

"I don't need your sorry's." you spat. "What I need is the time I spent with you, which obviously went to waste." you glared at him. "I want it back, but wait..." You mocked. "I can't!" 

Jungkook stared at you blankly and you wanted to punch him in the face so badly. How can he just break up with me like this? you thought. Was it all nothing to him?  "Well? what are you waiting for?" You said, growing weary. "I'm sure you can show your way out." 

"Y/N." 


"What?"


"I hope you see that I'm doing the right thing here."

I hope you see that you're not. "Just don't come running back." You said in an almost inaudible voice, unsure if he heard you or not. 

Jungkook sighed heavily as you turned away from him. He was halfway out the door when you asked the question you were terrified of asking, "Was it all a lie?"

"What?" He asked, not facing you.

"You know what."

He paused for a moment. "What do you think?" He said as he left, shutting the door behind him. You wanted to cry but no tears came. Your heart wrenched and you closed your hands into fists as you glared at the door. 

Screw you, Jeon Jungkook. 
Screw you.

~~~

It has almost been three months since the break up and you could say that you have moved on...partially. You were happy; continuing with your life, going to school, even hanging out with your friends--and by friends you mean suitors included. You had seen a handful of guys but never really took them seriously. Somehow, something was holding you back and you hated the fact that it was probably because of your ex, Jeon Jungkook. 

Even though you were mad at him, you never really stopped keeping track of Bangtan's schedule. Just because the two of you broke up, doesn't mean your friendship with the other boys had to go down with it. Bangtan was promoting overseas and no matter how much you tired to avoid it, you saw their faces everywhere online--his face, to be exact, looking happier than you've ever seen him. Your heart broke a little at the sight and you scolded yourself for it. 

~~
It was a Saturday afternoon when you were hanging out the mall with your friend JiHoo. JiHoo was a year your senior and you know him from school since you worked with him on a campus project. From all the guys you went out with these past few months, JiHoo was the only one you actually liked. Aside from being good looking, he was also very smart and sweet. He was a soccer varsity and a student body president. He was the campus golden boy and he was actually interested in you. 

"No way." He said when you told him about an incident that happened to you last summer. "You fell over?" He chuckled. 

You took a sip of your mango smoothie as you nodded with a smile, "I did! And it was so embarrassing." You were about to tell him more about it when someone bumped into you, making you drop your drink. 

"Sorry." A guy's voice said and you didn't get a look at him since you immediately crouched down to retrieve the fallen cup. "It's okay, I wasn't looking." you said.

"Y/N?" 

You stopped, half crouching as you recognized the voice. Even after all these months, you knew the sound of your name coming off from his mouth. You gulped as you slowly stood up and faced the one boy you had been trying to forget these past three months. 

"Jungkook?" you stared at him. He was wearing a black shirt over dark jeans, and a black snapback covered his floppy red hair. The sight of him took your breath away, but before you could even compliment him on how good he looked, you slapped yourself mentally; telling yourself to get a grip. 

"Y/N." He said, looking as if he had found something precious. "H-how are you?"

You shrugged as you tried to act unaffected by his presence. "Same old. same old."

"You didn't answer any of my calls." He blurted, surprising you. It never crossed your mind that he would even call, which is why you changed your number when you broke up; not wanting to be reminded of him. "I changed my number." You said nonchalantly and Jungkook frowned, thinking if he was the reason why you changed it. "Can I talk to you?" He asked. 

"I'm busy." You said as you hooked your arm with JiHoo. Jungkook watched you do it and you saw him stiffen. "I see.." He cleared his throat and reached out his hand towards JiHoo. "Hi, I'm Jungkook."

You suddenly saw Jihoo's eyes light up. "JiHoo. Hey..you're from that hip hop group, right?"

Jungkook nodded, "Bangtan."

"Yeah," he smiled. "My sisters love you guys and I think you're music's awesome too, dude." 

"Thanks." He smiled and you co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter