For you (anything) - Jin

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ways to Say I Love You series #4 - Chef Jin au

“Okay, I specifically said the backdrop ought to be gold... This is yellow, people! Now remove that thing, it hurts my eyes.”

“Yes, doves. We ordered doves but this morning we got a bunch of pigeons instead.”

“What do you mean the linen came in Ecru?! Boss specifically said it should be Ivory!”

“Y/N, when you’re done I need you to sign some things!”

Y/N looked up from her clip board briefly and gave a quick nod. She wasn’t entirely sure who had asked—too busy checking her list through.

The latest wedding project was in a week and there were a few things that needed to be done still. The last few days of preparations were always the worse but there’s nothing Y/N—Seoul’s top wedding planner, couldn’t handle. She had been through worse than delivery and color mix ups. The toughest ones were when her clients didn’t get along in decision-making (there was one time the bride and groom took a week to decide on their wedding cake flavor alone) or when brides have cold feet. That’s why Y/N always stuck close to her bride’s hours before the big event—making sure they’re comfortable and making sure they won’t be running away.

“Y/N, it’s eight. Don’t you have somewhere you need to be?”

Y/N looked up from her clipboard and saw Janice, one of her colleagues, holding a delicate flower arrangement and giving her a knowing smile.

“I...do?”

Janice chuckled and plucked the clipboard from her hand. “You’re seriously lucky to have the most patient boyfriend in the world, Y/N. You have dinner with him at seven.”

Just then, it all clicked. “No! I wouldn’t forget. Let me see...” she took the clipboard again and flipped through the schedule, seeing that she had a meeting with the caterer at 7. She showed her the form, “See? I have a meeting with...”

“The caterer.” Janice finished for her before grabbing the clipboard once again. “Who is also your boyfriend, if you’ve forgotten?”

Y/N blinked once, twice, before realization hit her. She was juggling three weddings this month and she had forgotten one of those weddings booked her boyfriend’s business to be the caterer.

“Hey, go on, I’ll take over here. He’s probably waiting. And those dishes aren’t going to taste itself, you know?”

Y/N smiled at her gratefully before taking her phone out. “Thanks Jan. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“See ya! Tell Jin I said hi.”

Y/N smiled before turning and moving towards her car on the lot out back, all the while sending a quick “Sorry, got caught up. Be there soon. :*”

As she was halfway to the restaurant, by the stoplight on the second intersection, she received a reply:

“I’ll be waiting :)”

 

 

 “Good evening, miss Y/LN.”

“Hey Jay,” she gave the young server a small smile before her eyes searched for that one familiar figure. The restaurant was still packed, as it should be during this hour. “Where’s Jin?”

“Second floor; he has everything set up for you.”

Y/N smiled in thanks before moving up the stairs to the second floor. What welcomed her made her heart stop.

The set up was just as her clients had asked: everything from the centerpiece down to the linen, plates and utensils set up on the table was spot on. She sighed, thinking if only all her business partners were like this. It would definitely make her job a lot easier.

Y/N moved towards the array of dishes on the table and knew they were delicious by a single glance. She didn’t need to taste them as Jin never disappointed in that department. All his restaurants were rated 5 stars for a reason.  

“You’re late.”

Y/N turned at the sound of the familiar voice and she swore she felt her heart skip a beat. Jin stood by the doorway, still donned in his chef uniform with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. She remembered the first time she had ever met him: exactly like he was now at one of his restaurants uptown. She remembered thinking how handsome (she may have stared longer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter