Four Walls (Jungkook, OC)

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi guys! Here is the Jungkook scenario I had promised. It was supposed to be posted on his birthday two days ago but I was preoccupied. It’s been really busy with my book release coming closer... are you excited? haha! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this! It was inspired by Kookie’s scene from the highlight reel video.

 

If there was one thing Jungkook hates, it was being tied down.

He was 20 years old, at the prime of his youth; stretching his wings wide against an array of possibilities and opportunities. People always told him he was a free spirit. Restraint has never been in his vocabulary and Jungkook had always loved the rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins which he got from doing extreme sports. Drag racing, motorbike exhibitions, bungee jumping, you name it… Jungkook has done it all.

Everything was going well for him. He had quit college after realizing school wasn’t for him, to pursue his passion, and he had been performing exhibitions ever since. He was an athlete with sponsors hanging off his arms, supporting all his acts. Because aside from his obvious talent and mad skills, a portion of those YouTube subscribers and Instagram followers that came by the thousands also came to see him.

Jungkook was a looker, and he knew it. His female fans knew that pretty well too.

So it wasn’t a surprise how much support he got from the public and Jungkook was practically living the “rock star dream”.

But one accident almost ruined it all.

Jungkook sighed as he rolled down the east wing in his wheelchair, passing by nurses walking briskly with their clipboards in hand and fellow patients walking with their crutches and supporters.

Jungkook felt helpless. He didn't like being in a wheelchair at all. Although it wasn't permanent, it didn't lessen the feeling of frustration and sadness at not being able to walk on his own two legs. Jungkook thinks God might as well take him now if he were to stay this way forever.

But he wasn't going to stay like this forever. The doctor said so. All he needed was to manage living in this place; manage sitting on this wheelchair for a few weeks and he would be up and jumping off cliffs in no time.

Jungkook gritted his teeth in annoyance; a few weeks might as well be forever. Jungkook wasn't sure if he could stay still for five minutes, let alone be boring and disabled for the rest of the month.

Unconsciously, he had started ing his hands against the push ring of his wheels faster; propelling himself across the hallway with a determined glint in his eyes. If he was going to stay here, he was going to have some fun. He may have lost the ability to walk temporarily, but he still had arms that worked just fine.

Jungkook huffed as he pushed harder and harder, gritting his teeth in effort. He could feel that familiar rush building up in his chest, heart rate spiking, getting faster and faster…

Jungkook looked ahead and halted abruptly; palms stinging against the metal ring as he willed the wheels to stop. He bit back the wince and stared at the barrier standing between him and what could have been his chance at an adrenaline rush.

A girl with long brown hair stood in front of him, arm outstretched to stop him. Jungkook tilted his head in confusion, wondering what the girl was trying to do.

"Um. Excuse me?" Jungkook spoke up. "You're in my way."

The girl tilted his head, eyes gazing at him almost challengingly. Jungkook thought she looked pretty. Maybe not as pretty as the other girls hanging off his arms at events or the girls trying to grind their way into his love life at clubs, but she was averagely cute.

Averagely, Jungkook emphasized in his thoughts. The girl remained quiet and Jungkook thought perhaps she couldn't speak at all.

Maybe she's struck by my ‘otherworldly’ handsome features, he thought.

Or maybe she's mute, a small voice in his head countered; the more sensible side of him, that is.

"Are you going to move or am I got to have to run you over?" He snapped and he caught a slight movement in her eyes; gaze wavering slightly.

"Are you going to keep racing through the hall in a wheelchair?" She snapped back and Jungkook was taken aback by her tone, not expecting a sharp retort.

"I—”

"Because this isn't a mad house, buddy. So I suggest you stop acting like a lunatic."

Jungkook's eyes widened by the insult. "Hey, I’m not a—”

"Well what were you doing just a while ago, huh?” she interrupted. “Don't you know that's not allowed?"

"Exactly why I was doing it," Jungkook rolled his eyes. "And don't worry, cute face, I'm not going to hurt myself."

"Don't call me that," she snapped and Jungkook smirked, thinking how cute she looked when she was angry. The nickname will definitely stay. "And I wasn’t concerned by your safety FYI. But for the other patients here. You almost ran me over!"

"Well you shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the hall like that!"

"Well you shouldn't have been racing through the hall in the first place!"

"Why are you so riled up about this?!" Jungkook exclaimed, unsure why they were having this argument right now. The girl bit her lip, looking like she was about to retaliate but instead she took a deep breath, and stood straighter; chin lifting up.

"I'm telling nurse Jimin."

Jungkook's eyes widened at the threat. Jimin was his nurse and he wasn't a bad guy. In fact, Jungkook liked him and they often talked during his checkups. Although Jimin was a nice guy, that was exactly the problem. If he found out Jungkook had been trying some of his extreme sport stunts in the hospital wing, he would flip, and Jungkook wasn't ready for a reproach or coddling from the older.

"How do you know..."

"He's my nurse too and he mentioned you..." she shrugged and Jungkook tilted his head, thinking how there was more to that by the look in her eyes. "And I’m going to tell him you were trying to kill yourself."

"I wasn't trying to kill myself!" Jungkook defended. "And you wouldn't dare—" Jungkook paused, seeing the girl crossing her arms over her chest and meeting his gaze challengingly.

"Try me."

Jungkook squinted his eyes at her, staring as they challenged each other silently. In the end, the girl was unrelenting and Jungkook knew she wouldn't back out of that threat. Sadly, even his smoldering gaze couldn't get him out of this.

"Fine," he grumbled and the girl looked triumphant. "I'll stop. Happy?"

"Much." she smiled at him mockingly before chuckling. Jungkook noticed dimples protruding from her cheeks and it was cute...

What the hell is wrong with me? he thought incredulously before shaking the thought away. They stayed silent for a few more seconds, unsure of what to say next.

"So... " Jungkook started, breaking the ice. "Are you going to let me through or are you just going to stand there all day?"

The girl seemed to snap from her trance and a blush dusted her cheeks at his words. She mumbled an apology and moved to the side. That's when Jungkook noticed that she was holding some sort of metal stand, her hand hooked to an IV hanging from it. He then wondered what she was here for but figured it might be a rude conversation starter. They already got on the wrong foot, he didn't want to make things worse by asking her why she was sick.

"It's just rehydration therapy," she suddenly said as if reading his thoughts. "Nothing to be worried about."

Jungkook scoffed at her teasing gaze. "I wasn't concerned in knowing."

"Oh really? I could practically hear the gears in your brain turning as you stared at my IV," she chuckled and Jungkook almost smiled. Almost. "How about you? What's got you in that chair?"

Jungkook his lips, "I thought Jimin already mentioned me?"

"Jimin didn't exactly gossip about your back story. Just mentioned that he was taking care of another patient." She countered and Jungkook smirked.

"Bike accident," he said simply.

"On the road?" He shook his head, earning a curious gaze from the girl.

"Practicing for my exhibition. Doing one of my flips and had a... rough landing."

"Sounds dangerous."

"That's what they all say," he chuckled but it sounded a little sad.

"Then why?"

"What, why?"

"Why do you do it?" She repeated.

"It's my job," Jungkook stated simply.

"Why do you keep such a dangerous job, then?"

"Why, you have a lot of questions," Jungkook sniggered. "Do you often pry into people's lives like this?"

"I wasn't prying!" She protested before looking out the window with a small pout on her lips. Jungkook wasn’t sure why he found that incredibly cute. "I was just asking..."

"Because I love my job," Jungkook interrupted her while fidgeting on a loose thread on his sweater. "I love it."

That seemed to shut her up and as she looked back at Jungkook, she could see that he truly meant it. She knew that look: it was the look of someone missing something…

"We've been talking for the past fifteen minutes and I haven't even introduced myself," she suddenly said. "I'm Allie."

Jungkook stared at her outstretched hand before taking it and giving it a firm shake.

"Jungkook."

“Nice to meet you, Jungkook.” She smiled and Jungkook felt a weird feeling in his stomach upon the sight. He wasn’t sure if “nice” was the word he would use, so he just hummed in response.

But it was definitely an eventful meeting.

Yeah… eventful, he thought.

~~~o~~~

Jungkook and Allie began to see each other more and more in the next few days, passing by each other in the halls or bumping into each other at the cafeteria. Since hospital food made Jungkook want to vomit more often than he liked to admit, he had requested to get his own food at the cafeteria on the first floor which served a better selection. It wasn’t great but definitely better than the ones they served him on the tray. He was close to asking his manager, Yoongi, to bring over some McDonalds next time he came to visit.  

That’s when Jungkook learned Allie felt the same about the food and soon enough they were eating at the cafeteria together, laughing and making jokes.

He also learned that Allie was a dancer and worked for one of the entertainment companies in the city, dancing back up to some idols and helping out choreographers. Jungkook was impressed. He liked dancing too but it was more of a hobby than something he would consider pursuing as a career.

"Impressive," Jungkook said when she showed him one of her dance routines on her iPhone.

"Thanks," she said as she grabbed her phone from his hand. "Now your turn."

"My turn?"

"Yeah, you mentioned you're an athlete, right? Pretty sure you have videos too."

Jungkook smirked, contemplating on whether telling her that he didn't only have a video... He had a freakin' YouTube channel.

In the end, Jungkook decided to show her and he would be lying if he didn't feel proud at the look of surprise on Allie's face when she saw the number of subscribers on his channel.

She began watching and Jungkook could see her eyes getting wider and wider at every stunt he pulled. Jungkook knew he looked pretty crazy doing all those things. He knew his job was life-threatening, but the thing was, he couldn't seem to care. He loved his job. He loved the rush of adrenaline that courses through his veins whenever he picks up the speed on his car, or when he does a flip on his motorbike. He loved the rush of cliff jumping and sky diving, the feeling of letting go... of being free.

He supposed it was his addiction; but everyone had one, right? Life itself was a risk and Jungkook's just one of those people who took and lived it to the fullest. What was life if you didn't live it with passion anyways? Jungkook though he’d rather just die than live without it.

"Oh my god... this is... you're..." Allie grappled for the words and Jungkook prepared himself. The usual first impressions were: crazy, mad, idiotic, risky...

"Amazing! This is amazing, Jungkook! Wow you're so awesome!"

Jungkook's gaze whipped towards her, not expecting those adjectives. Allie's eyes were glued on the screen, wide and awestruck and Jungkook stared at her with a soft gaze, like he was trying to figure her out...

Thump... thump... thump...

Jungkook felt his heart pick up its pace and he placed a hand over his chest, feeling fear creeping to his bones.

"Hey, you okay? Do you need to rest?" Allie asked and her eyes were so full of warmth and concern that it practically knocked Jungkook off his feet (if he was standing, of course).

"I'm... fine." He managed to say when in fact he wasn't....

He wasn't because as Allie gave him another blinding smile, his heart skipped a beat and he couldn't believe he might just have a crush on his new friend.

~~~o~~~

Making friends was easy; especially if you were someone like Jungkook who had the looks, talent, and fame to back you up.

But Jungkook learned that the hard way. Before he became Jeon Jungkook: daredevil and extreme sports superstar, he was just Jeon Jungkook: college guy, super shy and gamer geek.

It's not that Jungkook was unable to make

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter