Ice Dancing (Jimin, OC) Part 4

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

wonderful fanmade cover by @sleeplesswritersaito <3 If you have fan covers for my stories, don’t hesitate to let me know so we can use them as my covers! <3

 

Maddy’s High School

Wednesday – 5:54 PM

Ring!!!

Maddy left the room in a rush and went straight to her locker. She had an hour till skating rehearsals and half of that time ought to be time for warm ups. Sectionals was fast approaching and Jimin and she have yet to perfect the routine, so Maddy wanted to make the most of their practice hours as to make herself look decent enough to be skating beside Jimin—a world champion figure skater.

No pressure.  

Although, Maddy would say the skating thing was going well—better—than she had expected. She had grown comfortable with Jimin and were able to work together like two pieces in a pod; anticipating each other's movements all the while syncing with each other.

Throughout their rehearsals, Maddy had lost a lot of her shyness and Jimin and she skated together as if they were doing it for years. Even Jongin was impressed by how fast they were able to learn the routines. Although it was a given that they were both dancers and learning choreography should be easy enough, but the surprising thing was how they effortlessly worked together despite coming from solo backgrounds.

Maddy had always been a solo act—a lone dancer in most of her pieces and she had always been comfortable that way…

But she couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity and camaraderie whenever she and Jimin danced against the ice. She wasn't sure how their bodies moved together so effortlessly in sync; how easily they danced together when they've hardly known each other long.

Beep.

Maddy looked down at her bag just as she closed her locker shut. She retrieved her phone from the front pockets to check the message she just received, and a small smile tugged at the corners of when she saw a text from her boyfriend.

ERIC:

I've been neglecting you, I'm sorry… Dinner Friday?

Maddy rolled her eyes at that, amused. Eric had been busy preparing for the play-off’s, which left almost no time for the two of them to spend together. It was completely understandable considering she knew how much football meant to him with the scholarship at stake. And besides, Maddy had ballet and the ice skating gig to worry about too.

But she did miss him, and so she didn’t think twice about answering:

MADDY:

If there's ice cream after, I'll forgive you.

In less than ten seconds, another beep sounded.

ERIC:

It wouldn't be a date without ice cream ;) I’ll pick you up after ballet?

MADDY:

Ok :)

Just like that, Maddy's spirits lifted and her exhaustion somehow faded away.

 

“So when exactly am I going to meet your new dance partner?” Taehyung asked. Jimin drove silently, eyes focused on the road ahead as his best friend fiddled with his iPhone in the passenger seat.

Once you and Jungkook stop being complete idiots, he wanted to say, but decided not to as he wasn’t prepared to be in an argument with him. He knew how in denial Taehyung could be, especially when it comes to Jungkook.

“When there’s a chance.” Jimin shrugged. “Why do you want to meet her?”

“Are you actually being possessive right now?”

“What? No!”

Taehyung gave him a knowing glance; smiling before crossing his arms and looking out the window. “Well, I have to meet her some time. I’m designing her costume after all.”

Jimin’s mouth turned into an “o”, realizing that Taehyung indeed designed their costumes for the competitions. It started about a couple of years ago when Jay saw his sketches while he was staying over one weekend at their house. The little kid literally just said, "These look nicer that ones you usually wear, hyung. Tae Tae hyung should make your clothes for you."

Suho didn't even bat an eye upon the suggestion, instantly agreeing when Jimin had opened it up to him. And just like that, Taehyung had a designer gig.

"Oh yeah. I guess you'll meet her soon then." Jimin said as he the blinker before turning left at the intersection.

"What's she like?" Taehyung asked before popping a mint into his mouth. "She's in high school right?"

"A senior." Jimin nodded. "She studies at that school close to your favorite record store."

"Oh…" Taehyung nodded as he chewed on his lower lip. He suddenly glanced at his best friend and was surprised to see a small smile protruding from his lips. Taehyung tilted his head to the side and smiled knowingly.

Feeling his stare, Jimin glanced at him and gave him a questioning look in return. "What?"

"Nothing." Taehyung laid back on his seat, looking half amused and triumphant like he just cracked the hardest code in the universe.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Nothing."

"There's obviously something..."

Taehyung shrugged, still smiling. "Don't know about you, but I just can't wait to meet this dance partner whom my best friend likes—"

"Whoa whoa whoa… who said I liked—"

"'There's obviously something'." Taehyung mocked, throwing Jimin's words back at him with a grin while the latter scoffed in denial.

"There's nothing. And I don't sound like that—"

"Please," Taehyung snorted. "I've you known since we were kids. I think I know that look in your eyes."

"Why? Have you ever seen that look in my eyes before?" Jimin challenged, knowing well that he wouldn't be able to say yes considering Jimin couldn't recall having liked someone back then.

"No." Taehyung answered as a matter of fact which confused Jimin a bit. "And that's exactly why I know you like her. I've never see that look on you before. Or smile like that before."

Jimin kept his eyes on the road as he thought about Maddy and how she had definitely wormed her way into his world so effortlessly. He had known from the beginning, with how comfortably he had spoken to her that day at the ice rink, down to the way they had easily danced on the ice like they had been doing it for years.

Jimin had always been a solo act, and he knew Maddy was too. It was amazing how easily they were able to work together despite being used to performing routines alone.

And then there was Maddy outside of the rink: the one who laughed at his lame jokes and tried to get him out of the house on the weekends to go on whatever it was they felt like doing that day; be it going to the mall or just driving around town without a definite destination. Jongin had lifted the rope challenge thing weeks ago, but the two of them had gotten used to having each other as company that they continued going out whenever their schedules permitted them.

Just last week, they had hung out at the mall, just walking around and window-shopping. Jay couldn't believe it when his brother came home and told him he'd been out "hanging out". The disbelief on his younger brother's eyes was both insulting and endearing.

At the thought, Jimin felt like his ears were burning and it was getting really difficult to keep the grin off his face and so he cleared his throat and grumbled, "Whatever."

"Aww~ Jiminie is blushing."

"Shut up." He spat and Taehyung chuckled. The latter looked over at his best friend and saw him rolling his eyes, but a small smile was still playing on the corners of his mouth and Taehyung wanted to pinch his cheek because his best friend couldn’t have been more obvious.

"You really like her don't you?"

Jimin didn't answer and ignored him. But Taehyung didn't need one anyway. He already knew his best friend was whipped.

Jungkook was pissed.

And when he was pissed he resorted to an extra hour on the ice to cool himself down (No pun intended).

The reason for his bad mood was that he got a B on his Math test. A "B". Jeon Jungkook doesn't get B's. He knew he was being pathetic and over exaggerating, but with the games coming up and their coach pushing him harder than usual, it was hard not to get annoyed by the smallest of things.

"Hey, little man!"

Jungkook paused and looked over to the rink's side entrance, seeing one his teammates, Yoongi, had arrived.

"I don't think you should be calling me that." He smirked. "Considering it's been years since I've been taller than you."

"Still born first. Do I look like I care about height?" Yoongi scoffed as he let himself sit on the parapet of the rink. "You're early. What's got your pants in a knot?"

Jungkook's frown deepened as he leant against his hockey stick. "I got a B on my Math quiz.”

Yoongi was quick to reply, eyes widening while mocking a gasp. "No! A B?!”

"It's not funny, hyung."

“And it’s not the end of the world either.” The older rolled his eyes before getting on the ice to approach him.

“Hey, if coach sees you on the ice with shoes on—“

“Coach’s not here now, is he?” Yoongi smirked before giving his shoulder a firm grip. “Look Kookie—“

“Don’t call me that!”

“Kookie,” Yoongi repeated, not caring at all at the glare the younger shot him. “Why? You let that red-head call you Kookie all the time!”

At the mention of the redhead, Jungkook felt the tips of his ears burn and Yoongi smiled at him knowingly. “Wha—I don’t!”

“I was there and I heard him loud and clear.” Yoongi winked. “What’s his name? Tae Tae? Taeguk?”

“Taehyung.” Jungkook corrected and Yoongi sensed how his voice softened at the mention of his name. “Just Taehyung.”

“Is it really just Taehyung?” Yoongi snickered, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Hyung!”

Yoongi chortled. He always enjoyed teasing Jungkook because he got so worked up easily. “Cute. Anyway, as I was saying stop pushing yourself too hard kid. You don’t have to be so perfect.”

Jungkook bit his lower lip at that and sighed. Yoongi may seem like he didn't give a damn about anything that happens round him with his cold demeanour and a resting facial expression that makes you think he wants to murder you…  but he was in truth the kindest and most caring big brother Jungkook has ever had.

Jungkook was an only child and Yoongi had been his friend since elementary with the two of them living right across the street from each other. Their families were good friends and so it wasn’t that hard to find a brother in him, especially when the older had taken it upon himself to look after him.

“I know, hyung.” Jungkook sighed. “It’s just that there’s college and the scholarship…”

“Hey. Even if you don’t get to the school… there’s still plenty of colleges wanting to admit you! You just have to choose, Jungkook. You may be a jock, but you're not exactly stupid.” Yoongi reasoned and Jungkook knew it was true. There had been several schools that already given him offers as early as July.

“You know how much the school means to dad.” Jungkook mumbled and Yoongi sighed. "Hockey's everything to him…"

“Look Jungkook, you’re not a little kid anymore.” Yoongi said a matter of fact and Jungkook's felt a migraine coming on. As always whenever talks of college or the future comes on. “Why don’t you just tell him what you really want?"

The younger snorted, knowing what he wanted wasn't even in his father's vocabulary. “He’d either throw a fit or disown me, hyung. I think the latter is most likely.”

“Oh wow, that is the most bullsh*t exaggeration I’ve ever heard.” Yoongi rolled his eyes. “Your dad won't disown you, he loves you too much.”

Jungkook shrugged. “I don’t know. We’ve been talking about the school since I was six. All he ever wanted was to have me follow his footsteps, hyung. To be part of the big leagues. I can’t just let him down.” He frowned before skating away, but not before hearing Yoongi say:

“But you’re not six anymore, Kook. Dreams change. And your dad’s just going to have to accept that you’re not him.”

"Okay. Good. Let's do that again but keep your arms in so you spin faster."

Jimin nodded as he held out his had to Maddy who took it without complaint despite having done the new routine 500 million times.

Of course that was an exaggeration, but Maddy had gone through a lot in her ballet years to know when the instructor was aiming for perfection.

After several weeks of practicing, Maddy was getting used to the new schedule that basically had her waking up at the crack of dawn. It was a challenge but she knew how to discipline herself. And if she wanted her application to be chosen, she was going to sacrifice a few things…

Like sleep.

And rest.

And a that doesn't ache every time she tried to sit on it.

"You okay?" Jimin asked as he squeezed her hand slightly before turning them around for a backward glide.

It was late in the evening and they were going through the choreography for sectionals once more. They saw each other every day and Maddy could feel herself becoming more comfortable around him, which according to Jongin was the most important thing in pairs skating. They were getting to know each other pretty well too; so well that she would know the sound of his footsteps echoing through the rink when he arrived or even read his mind through the expression on his face. Maddy learned that Jimin was pretty transparent with his emotions but he himself didn't know that.

"I'm okay." Maddy breathed out as they finished the scratch spin. Jimin looked doubtful still, but didn't push, even though he noticed how she was quite pale and a little breathless.

"Better." Suho nodded as the two skated towards him. "It's coming along well."

Jimin nodded, pleased. "Hey coach, can we call it a day? I don't think Maddy's feeling well."

Maddy snapped up at that, giving him a look. "I'm fine—"

"No you're not."

"I am."

"No." Jimin said firmly, staring her down. "You are not."

Suho watched them with an amused expression, glad that Jimin was keeping a close eye on his partner and being observant. It's the second rule in pairs skating, after all:

Watch over each other.

"Alright. Let's meet tomorrow morning. Same time." Suho nodded. "You two have a good night."

Maddy had barely said goodbye to Suho when Jimin grabbed her wrist and pulled her out of the rink.

"Jimin—!" She hissed but Jimin wasn't having any of it and didn't let go until they were off the ice. He handed Maddy her skate guards before putting on his.

"You don't look so good."

"Well, thanks. I'm having a bad hair day I know." Maddy said as she touched her ponytail.

"I don't mean that." He rolled his eyes then sighed. "You look tired. And pale. You seemed really out of it today...like you're just going through the routine."

Maddy bit her lip, surprised he had noticed. Today was very heavy considering she had back to back quizzes for her morning classes and a project she had to finish at the last minute which evidently took up her lunch time. She could feel the exhaustion weighing down on her, but she swallowed it down and managed to get through night practice with Jimin and Suho.

"I'm sorry. I'll do better next time."

"I wasn't scolding." Jimin said a matter of fact. "Have you eaten anything?" He asked and Maddy's hesitant reply was all the answer he needed. "When was your last meal, Maddy?"

"This... morning." She mumbled and Jimin's eyes widened. Maddy held her breath and expected another scolding but Jimin only sighed.

"Come on." He said as he grabbed her wrist again and pulled her towards the locker rooms.

"Where are we going?"

"You can't starve yourself especially when we have practice." Jimin said, pausing to give her a firm look. He let her go and then nudged his head towards the girl's locker rooms. "Get changed. I'll wait for you outside."

"But... where are we going?" Maddy asked again but Jimin was already walking away to the men's locker rooms, leaving her alone, standing in the middle of the hallway.

Maddy gaped when they approached the gates of a familiar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter