Hiraeth (V) - Spring Day series

EXOTICARMY127 FANFICTION SHOP (EXO & BANGTAN BOYS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(n.) a deep, inborn sense of yearning for a home, a feeling, a place or a person that is beyond this plane of existence.

They say time heals all wounds.

But Taehyung wondered if this was something Father Time could even remedy. If this: a pain so profound he could feel his knees go weak at the mere thought of her smile… her voice echoing in the reserves of his brain.

He was surrounded by a blanket of white as he stood by the tracks, just staring at the snow covering the railway that has been abandoned for many years. The train station which had ceased its services a few years ago when a new one was made on the other side of the city. Hardly anybody went to the place anymore except maybe for some who liked to have some time alone.

Right now, Taehyung was yearning for that peace; one he couldn’t seem to find amid the busy atmosphere of Seoul.

It was a little funny considering for months Taehyung had avoided that peace; mainly because when silence hovered around you, all you could hear were your thoughts. And it terrified him.

Taehyung felt tears pricking his eyes and he lets out a shaky breath; white puff of smoke coming out his lips.

In the quietness of his surroundings, his mind whirls back to a time long ago—awakening memories of summer and spring time.

 

Years before…

 

“Halmeoni, look!” Taehyung cheered as he pulled on the strings of his kite and pumped his legs to run faster.

“Taehyung-ah, be careful!”

“It’s getting higher! Up! Up! Up!” Taehyung ran alongside the tracks then across the field as the green kite flew higher and higher into the air. They were at the edge of winter, the snow crunching against their boots while the sun peeked shyly in the horizon. The field close to the train station was one of their favourite places to be considering its tranquil atmosphere. A lot of the children from town often came to play here with their friends, especially during the summer.

Taehyung’s grandmother walked rather slowly, but followed in suit; a smile gracing her lips as she watched her grandson squealing in delight as the kite rose high above. She hated going out in the winter cold but one look into Taehyung’s pleading eyes and sweet grin, she was already wearing her coat, agreeing to take him out on a mission to send the kite to the skies. 

A sudden yell pierced through the clearing and she snapped back into her senses with worry. Gazing back at Taehyung, she saw that the little boy had fallen, his kite long gone and flying away with the wind. She rushed towards the boy who was looking up at the sky with tears in his eyes. 

“Shh. Don’t cry sweetheart, I got you.” She cradled the boy in her arms and checked his legs for any injury. To her relief, he seemed okay. The snow cushioned his fall mostly.

“Does it hurt?” He asked as he was still sobbing. Taehyung shook his head and wiped off his tears with his arm.

“My kite is gone!” He cried.

“Halmeoni, will make you another kite. Don’t cry now–”

“But appa and I made that one and I lost it.”

“Calm down Taehyung-ah, it’s alright.”

“But I wanted you to see it fly.” He pouted. “I made that kite for you, jomo.”

She smiled down at the little boy and ruffled his hair. “I did see it fly, Taehyungie. It flew so well! I am proud of you.”

“Really?”

“Really.” She said just as something caught her sight. “Oh look, Taehyung-ah!”

Taehyung looked towards the direction of where his grandmother was pointing at and saw a white flower peeking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter